PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Houston would still be alive If She just stuck to pot, says Tommy Chong

NewsFlash420
02-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Whitney Houston's cause of death is still unknown, and there has yet to be a toxicology report, but some, even family and friends suspect that drugs may have been a factor. Authorities confirmed on Monday that she was submerged in a bathtub when she was first discovered on Saturday afternoon at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. An odd scene for a willing victim to just drown in that fashion, however there was nothing suggesting vowel play.

Houston is known for having a past with drugs, especially crack and cocaine which she openly admitted to using in an interview with Oprah Winfrey. In September of 2009 she told Oprah about how she would lace marijuana joints with cocaine for a heighten affect.

She told Oprah, "We were lacing our marijuana with base... you put it in your marijuana, you lace it, your roll it up and you smoke it."

"Your drug of choice was weed combined with cocaine?" asked Oprah.

"Cocaine, rock cocaine. Yes," Houston said.

Her constant struggles with cocaine and similar manufactured drugs was no secret, and most remember when her addition went public in the 90s siting her shared addiction with her husband Bobby Brown. Now some of those who knew the late singer suspect this weakness for hard drugs as a factor in her recent death. Recently on Access Hollywood, Tommy Chong from the famous comedy group "Cheech and Chong" made comment regarding Houston's drug use, and some are siding with his opinion.

"Had she just stuck to pot, she'd be alive today," Chong told Access Hollywood, "It's when you get into that other stuff... The trouble with that other stuff is that you forget you're high. You think you're taking a bath and you're not. You're under the water. It's a sad, sad thing."

Continue reading Whitney Houston would still be alive If She just stuck to pot, says Tommy Chong - Phoenix Cannabis Culture http://www.examiner.com/cannabis-culture-in-phoenix/whitney-houston-would-still-be-alive-if-she-just-stuck-to-pot-says-tommy-chong#ixzz1mb4gRpSP (http://www.examiner.com/cannabis-culture-in-phoenix/whitney-houston-would-still-be-alive-if-she-just-stuck-to-pot-says-tommy-chong)

donnay
02-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Whitney Houston's cause of death is still unknown, and there has yet to be a toxicology report, but some, even family and friends suspect that drugs may have been a factor. Authorities confirmed on Monday that she was submerged in a bathtub when she was first discovered on Saturday afternoon at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. An odd scene for a willing victim to just drown in that fashion, however there was nothing suggesting vowel play.

I am curious what is 'vowel play' :D

I know she over emphasize consonants when singing!

dannno
02-16-2012, 07:29 PM
however there was nothing suggesting vowel play.

However there was evidence for consonants play.

Athan
02-17-2012, 09:57 AM
She should have bought the vowel... *sniff*

Sola_Fide
02-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Government destroys everything. I hate this government.

I am a Christian, I am not advocating drug use (like Ron Paul doesn't), but I advocate for freedom to do with yourself as you want (as I, as a Christian, would want the same liberty).

John F Kennedy III
02-17-2012, 10:13 AM
I agree with Tommy Chong.

osan
02-17-2012, 01:30 PM
I always find it so amusing that when some anonymous schmuck kills himself with drugs the media remains mostly silent, as if that person did not exist or simply did not count for anything. But when a glorified crack ho' like Whitney Houston snuffs it the whole world seems to go into an apoplectic frenzy.

Voltaire was on the money about the limits of human stupidity. The same can be said for hypocrisy as well.

osan
02-17-2012, 01:40 PM
I know she over emphasize consonants when singing!

You call what she did "singing"? Wow... I guess we have very different senses of the term. She had a lot of inborn talent and had no clue what to do with it. Great range and control, and sang like a soulless machine. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Tween. I have absolutely no idea why so many appear to be so broken up about this. Oh, and all those gratuitous vocal flourishes she seems to have been so fond of made her sound like some shitty rank amateur trying to show off. Awful.

Take Roberta Flack, for example. You could set that woman ablaze with gasoline and shoot her in the head and she'd still sing circles around anything Houston ever did. Or when Billy Holiday sang you felt the music coming through her. She lived the music as she sang it, even doped up on horse while doing it. The difference between those two and Houston constitutes a yawning chasm. I could name a dozen others with no trouble. More even. Yet Houston is what America venerates. Amazing.

donnay
02-17-2012, 02:13 PM
You call what she did "singing"? Wow... I guess we have very different senses of the term. She had a lot of inborn talent and had no clue what to do with it. Great range and control, and sang like a soulless machine. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Tween. I have absolutely no idea why so many appear to be so broken up about this. Oh, and all those gratuitous vocal flourishes she seems to have been so fond of made her sound like some shitty rank amateur trying to show off. Awful.

Take Roberta Flack, for example. You could set that woman ablaze with gasoline and shoot her in the head and she'd still sing circles around anything Houston ever did. Or when Billy Holiday sang you felt the music coming through her. She lived the music as she sang it, even doped up on horse while doing it. The difference between those two and Houston constitutes a yawning chasm. I could name a dozen others with no trouble. More even. Yet Houston is what America venerates. Amazing.

I am particularly broken up about this tragedy because it was a cocktail of prescription drugs that did her in, not illegal drugs. Nobody is jumping up and down about this, nor is there a major investigation into the cocktail of drugs prescribed. Besides I am genuinely sad because she was a human being like the rest of us. No one is perfect.

I thought Whitney Houston was talented. Just like I think Barbra Streisand is talented and has a beautiful voice. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

osan
02-17-2012, 02:38 PM
I am particularly broken up about this tragedy because it was a cocktail of prescription drugs that did her in, not illegal drugs.

I take your point, but do you know the source of this supposed "cocktail"? These people, and I mean so-called "celebrities" want what they want and will get it one way or another. Perhaps she had several doctors? Just tossing it out there. She tells one "Oooo... doctor, my butt hurts..." Doctor gives a script. "Oooo, I'm depressed..." and the other doctor gives a script. "Oooo... my hoobleyding hurts".... and another script is acquired. Maybe another for "I can't sleep" and "I can't get up in the morning". When you have countless millions in the checking account, this becomes a very easy thing to do and if you are an addict and have some hint of a functioning brain you will become very creative in getting what you want. And how do you know she had all the meds legally? I can, this very minute, find a welfare person, give them $20 and get percodan or valium or whatever I damned want. The drugs are legal; the acquisition is not.

Unless you have special knowledge or such has been released "officially", you don't know how she got what she did, but assuming it was all above-board she was still ultimately responsible for what she put into her body. She was a drug addict and, barring foul play, she appears to have been behaving like a textbook case. I would never with such a fate on her, but neither am I losing any sleep over it either. She CHOSE. She could have chosen otherwise. She didn't. Case closed. What if it was suicide? From what little I know of her personal life she was a pretty miserable character. Is there anything you know that would bar this as a possible root cause of death? And if that was her deal, why feel badly? Hell, she was smart and got the fuck out of Dodge. The way things are going, I cannot say that I'd blame her if she in fact did herself.

But I will agree that if a single doctor was pumping her up with all this shit in an obviously inept or criminal way, it should be addressed. But I would hold the bar very high to prove wrongdoing. The doctor cannot control what she does after he leaves the scene and given her status as a dope addict... Were I him my sphincter would be twitching just shy of light speed because there is an uncomfortably good chance someone will be looking to make hay from this, whether it be family, friends, or some slimy little scumbag prosecutor looking to notch up his future campaign belt as the man who put dear Whitney's killer behind bars. In fact, I might take a protracted vacation to Rio until things were settled. Can't trust anyone in government in the USA... 'cept maybe Ron Paul.

bluesc
02-17-2012, 02:41 PM
I am a Christian, I am not advocating drug use (like Ron Paul doesn't), but I advocate for freedom to do with yourself as you want (as I, as a Christian, would want the same liberty).

I never understood why Christians are against pot. You guys eat plants, why not smoke them?

Indy Vidual
02-17-2012, 02:42 PM
I am particularly broken up about this tragedy because it was a cocktail of prescription drugs that did her in, not illegal drugs....

There is little doubt she would have been in better health if she had "stuck with pot".

jmdrake
02-17-2012, 02:53 PM
I never understood why Christians are against pot. You guys eat plants, why not smoke them?

Clearly not all plants are for human consumption. (Some after all are poisonous). But if I was going to consume pot, I'd eat it rather than smoke it. Why risk the lung damage when you can get the high from brownies? (And yea, I read the "study" on marijuana not causing lung damage. But the caveat was that most pot smokers smoked far less than cigarette smokers.)

donnay
02-17-2012, 04:28 PM
There is little doubt she would have been in better health if she had "stuck with pot".

She definitely lived through the illegal drug abuse, that was my point.

AFPVet
02-17-2012, 04:32 PM

I'm a Christian and I am not against Cannabis. Alcohol is far worse than Cannabis yet many Christians drink. I don't advocate smoking anything, but ingesting it is fine.

Bruno
02-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Precription drugs kill far more people than all other drugs combined, and yet the pharmaceutical companies are one of the largest funders and proponents of the War on Drugs (outside of the taxpayers, of course). Gotta get rid of the competition.

ghengis86
02-17-2012, 05:16 PM
I think anything that alters your mind (alcohol, pot, even 'hard' drugs) should used in moderation, if at all. There are many passages in the Bible that condem drunkiness but not necessarily drinking. If you sin b/c of your suppressed judgement due to a substance (like pounding wine and the pounding your daughter) you probably should reduce your ingestion of that substance.

dannno
02-17-2012, 05:37 PM
I think anything that alters your mind (alcohol, pot, even 'hard' drugs) should used in moderation, if at all. There are many passages in the Bible that condem drunkiness but not necessarily drinking.

Everything alters your mind. I personally take a supplement to enhance the performance of my brain's function which contains the following:

Alpha GPC (L-alphaglycerylphosphorylcholine), Huperzine A, Vinpocetine, AC-11®, Bacopa (20% Bacosides), Pterostilbene,
Mucuna Pruriens, GABA , Oat Straw, Vitamin B6

You can find out more about these substances and how they alter your mind at onnit.com

But the point is that all the foods you eat alter your mind, some in fairly significant ways, i.e. chocolate (which also happens to be a healthful anti-oxidant)

If you sin b/c of your suppressed judgement due to a substance (like pounding wine and the pounding your daughter) you probably should reduce your ingestion of that substance.

That could have been worded differently.

But I would say that cannabis can enhance mental function as well as help relax you so you are not inclined to use violence.

It can also be used as a sedative and abused as such, although doing so doesn't have any long-term negative side effects.

PierzStyx
02-17-2012, 05:59 PM
I agree with Tommy Chong.

I do too. He is probably right.

PierzStyx
02-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Everything alters your mind. I personally take a supplement to enhance the performance of my brain's function which contains the following:

Alpha GPC (L-alphaglycerylphosphorylcholine), Huperzine A, Vinpocetine, AC-11®, Bacopa (20% Bacosides), Pterostilbene,
Mucuna Pruriens, GABA , Oat Straw, Vitamin B6

You can find out more about these substances and how they alter your mind at onnit.com

But the point is that all the foods you eat alter your mind, some in fairly significant ways, i.e. chocolate (which also happens to be a healthful anti-oxidant)

I think the argument is that it alters your mind in such a way that your control over yourself is greatly reduced. Your thinking becomes slow and muddles, your inhibitions slacken, your self-control disappears. Luckily unlike alcohol, pot has a moderating effect for the most part so that you don't become violent when you lose control of yourself. But the fact that you lose control of yourself is enough for me. With other stuff, like chocolate, I can recognize the urge for sugar and control it. The mind altering state pot puts me in puts me beyond my control. I lose my agency when I'm high. For that reason alone, divorced from even moral objections to it, I am against recreational pot use.

donnay
02-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Precription drugs kill far more people than all other drugs combined, and yet the pharmaceutical companies are one of the largest funders and proponents of the War on Drugs (outside of the taxpayers, of course). Gotta get rid of the competition.

Absolutely! Before too long big pHARMa will be getting rights to marijuana so the only way you will be able to get your medical marijuana is through Pfizer, Bayer, Merck, AstraZeneca, Eli Lily and the rest.

dannno
02-17-2012, 06:29 PM
I think the argument is that it alters your mind in such a way that your control over yourself is greatly reduced. Your thinking becomes slow and muddles, your inhibitions slacken, your self-control disappears. Luckily unlike alcohol, pot has a moderating effect for the most part so that you don't become violent when you lose control of yourself. But the fact that you lose control of yourself is enough for me. With other stuff, like chocolate, I can recognize the urge for sugar and control it. The mind altering state pot puts me in puts me beyond my control. I lose my agency when I'm high. For that reason alone, divorced from even moral objections to it, I am against recreational pot use.

What can't you control when you're stoned and how much do you need to get there? Do you know how many really good athletes and gamers play stoned?

I mean, you can get kinda tired, but turkey does that as well.

For me, I think it changes how your mind works, but not necessarily for the worse. You might think your thoughts are muddled, but in reality your thoughts are just taking you in different directions than what you are used to. Just because you're a rookie doesn't make that a bad thing, eventually you can learn to control it and it has its advantages.

libertarian4321
02-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Whitney didn't use crack, because "crack is whack" and she's too rich to use crack.

Or something...

Cabal
02-18-2012, 10:21 PM

It isn't so cut and dry. A lot of the high, or the effect, is dependent on what type of cannabis you're actually using, how you're using it, and your individual brain chemistry.Using a strain of 100% indica, for instance, produces a significantly different effect than using a strain of 100% sativa. Whatever the case, "loss of control" doesn't accurately reflect the general or typical effects of cannabis by itself, regardless of strain.

Jonathanm
02-18-2012, 10:41 PM
I think the argument is that it alters your mind in such a way that your control over yourself is greatly reduced. Your thinking becomes slow and muddles, your inhibitions slacken, your self-control disappears.

I'm a daily marijuana smoker and I have to disagree with this generalization. Marijuana involves an astounding number of chemicals and cannabinoids, many of which contribute to the active 'high'. Every strain of marijuana is slightly different, and contains varying levels of these compounds. This is why pot smokers are so keen on varying strains: One strain can put you to sleep and another can make it impossible to sleep because your thoughts are racing so quickly. One strain can cause anxiety, while another can actually decrease anxiety. For this reason, I believe it's incorrect to state that one's thinking becomes slow, and their inhibitions slacken. It largely depends on the individual and the strain involved.

Interestingly, one of the most beneficial compounds in cannabis, if not the most beneficial, is cannabidiol (CBD). I say this is interesting because CBD not only doesn't get you high, it will actively reduce the effects of THC, meaning that balanced levels of CBD and THC will leave a person feeling less altered mentally, but completely medicated physically. It's astounding to me that the federal government would block research into compounds like CBD, when CBD isn't even the chemical recreational users aim for (Almost all modern cannabis strains have a very high THC level, with very little CBD).

If cannabis were legal, I would probably have four different strains (I suffer from bipolar II disorder, as well as severe anxiety)

One for anxiety. (Lower THC, above-average CBD, and CBN)
One for depression/suicidal idealization. (High THC, low CBD)
One for pain relief/general health (High CBD-to-THC ratio)
One for sleep. (High levels of CBN and THC)

Before long I'm sure we'll have legalized medical cannabis sprays that are literally taken from plants grown by pharmaceuticals. They already exist in several other countries. Of course, anyone who wants to grow their own cannabis for 1/20th the price of pharmaceutical will be locked away as an evil druglord.

Sorry, I know I got rather off-topic here, I just thought it might interest some of you to know a bit more about the variances. And yes, I don't think anyone can argue that, had any drug-user stuck with marijuana, they wouldn't have died from drug-related causes. Personally, I've never had the desire to try anything stronger than cannabis. It gets me where I need to be, and I can use it knowing that I will suffer very little in terms of bodily/mental damage. The same cannot be said of the "gold standard" bipolar medication, Lithium. Lithium is safe in the right doses, but at higher levels becomes toxic to the kidneys. Personally, I just can't stand the idea of taking a pill that, if I accidentally take more than the appropriate dosage, or if I allow myself to become dehydrated, can have fatal side effects. No thanks. I'd rather vaporize a relatively harmless flower.

iakobos
02-19-2012, 12:27 AM
I wonder if this guy stuck with only using pot? :p

Naked Man Steals Socks From Walmart In Pennsylvania (http://main.aol.com/2012/02/17/naked-man-steals-socks_n_1284711.html)

Anti Federalist
02-19-2012, 12:54 AM

Prescription drugs kill more people now than car crashes.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2012, 12:56 AM
I think that goes for people in general.

Instead popping these poison pills of Big Pharma, how much better would everybody be if they just toked up once in a while?

I'll be honest, work has kept me "clean" for over twenty years.

But if I didn't have piss tests and DNA tests and hair follicle tests hanging over me, damn right I take a night to myself and get high.

Be a nice diversion.

JK/SEA
02-19-2012, 01:01 AM
Lets see...fluoride in the water, and i heard something about putting downers in the system as well?...

bluesc
02-19-2012, 01:07 AM
I think that goes for people in general.

Instead popping these poison pills of Big Pharma, how much better would everybody be if they just toked up once in a while?

I'll be honest, work has kept me "clean" for over twenty years.

But if I didn't have piss tests and DNA tests and hair follicle tests hanging over me, damn right I take a night to myself and get high.

Be a nice diversion.

I will never take a job that requires any form of drug screening. Is pot necessary for happiness, or do I even plan on continuing to smoke it? No. But I'm sure as hell not giving up the freedom to do it if I wish.

Some of the greatest people in history smoked cannabis, and they were a million times more successful than any alcoholic politician or pill-popping army general today.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2012, 01:12 AM
I will never take a job that requires any form of drug screening. Is pot necessary for happiness, or do I even plan on continuing to smoke it? No. But I'm sure as hell not giving up the freedom to do it if I wish.

Some of the greatest people in history smoked cannabis, and they were a million times more successful than any alcoholic politician or pill-popping army general today.

Well, my friend, it's getting to the point that there won't be any jobs, unless you submit to a drug screen.

Had enough people raised hell and stopped it when it was just getting started thirty years ago in small, under represented, fields of employment like mine, maybe we wouldn't be at this point.

Most all major corporations are moving toward this, and many small outfits, without any government regulation at all, they just do it because their insurance provider tells them to, or the lawyers tell them to.