PDA

View Full Version : Is North Dakota Ron Paul's next best chance at a win?

Sematary
02-16-2012, 06:05 PM
http://www.capitalfreepress.com/4714-north-dakota-ron-pauls-chance-victory/?utm_campaign=internal&utm_medium=recently-published

sailingaway
02-16-2012, 06:12 PM
I was thinking Washington, Vermont but ND will do

tommyzDad
02-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Bump.

eleganz
02-16-2012, 06:28 PM
ND is very very very possible.

RonPaul101.com
02-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Yes, even before Iowa I always thought Paul's best chances for a win would be Washington and North Dakota.

Badger for Paul
02-16-2012, 06:31 PM
It's a great chance, sure would like to see him campaign there.

sailingaway
02-16-2012, 06:39 PM
It's a great chance, sure would like to see him campaign there.

He is going to be there on Sunday.

Uriah
02-16-2012, 06:47 PM
According to Ben Swann's facebook there could be a new winner in Maine. Hopefully Paul comes out on top in Maine. Wins in Washington. Then picks up wins in North Dakota and Alaska. 4 states or even one for that matter is better than none.

kathy88
02-16-2012, 06:49 PM
According to Ben Swann's facebook there could be a new winner in Maine. Hopefully Paul comes out on top in Maine. Wins in Washington. Then picks up wins in North Dakota and Alaska. 4 states or even one for that matter is better than none.

From your mouth to God's ears :)

The Dark Knight
02-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Our top 4 chances are
1. North Dakota
2. Washington
3. Idaho
4. Alaska

opinionatedfool
02-16-2012, 07:05 PM
We mostly likely already won ME, MN, CO, IA, and probably NV as far as delegates counts go. But yeah, it would be good to have a popular vote win too.

helmuth_hubener
02-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Why spread this idea that Ron Paul has not yet won?

We have already won Iowa, Minn, and Maine. We have reportedly won Colo., according to the campaign (Doug Wead). We will win or do a very good second in Nevada.

That's 4(or 5) for 8. We are doing phenomenally well.

SludgeFactory
02-16-2012, 07:30 PM
I don't want to appear too negative about ND's outlook for Ron Paul, but right now it seems like he won't take first. I don't have specific numbers, but from the sounds of it, the districts that have held their convention had lower than hoped turnout by Ron Paul supporters. It also sounds like a lot of the District chairs are being underhanded in that they are making the delegate process more complex than necessary and actually trying to slip in a pre-made slate of delegates instead of allowing an at large election. If anyone here has ties to people in ND I would recommend doing all you can to get people to the district conventions. ND is a bit different in that we hold district conventions first to select our delegates and then in March on the 6th we hold the caucus vote.

I should mention that I actually live in ND.

eleganz
02-16-2012, 07:37 PM
I don't want to appear too negative about ND's outlook for Ron Paul, but right now it seems like he won't take first. I don't have specific numbers, but from the sounds of it, the districts that have held their convention had lower than hoped turnout by Ron Paul supporters. It also sounds like a lot of the District chairs are being underhanded in that they are making the delegate process more complex than necessary and actually trying to slip in a pre-made slate of delegates instead of allowing an at large election. If anyone here has ties to people in ND I would recommend doing all you can to get people to the district conventions. ND is a bit different in that we hold district conventions first to select our delegates and then in March on the 6th we hold the caucus vote.

I sure hope you are getting in touch with the campaign since you seem to know so much.

SludgeFactory
02-16-2012, 08:08 PM
I sure hope you are getting in touch with the campaign since you seem to know so much.

It is from the campaign that I receive my information.

Vet_from_cali
02-16-2012, 08:48 PM
No because they will not count the county's that are in favor of RP. True story.

In before ~80% in and vote counts stop and someone else is declared a winner.

alucard13mmfmj
02-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Our top 4 chances are
1. North Dakota
2. Washington
3. Idaho
4. Alaska

I think it's very possible to get at least 2nd in all 4 of those states. It would be ideal to win ONE state if possible. Winning all 4 is being too hopeful, but I hope we can score 1 win out of those 4.

mr_x
02-17-2012, 12:38 AM
He is going to be there on Sunday.

ND? when/where?

sailingaway
02-17-2012, 12:39 AM
ND? when/where?

I posted it, some town I'm not familiar with.

sailingaway
02-17-2012, 12:41 AM
ND? when/where?

here: http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/59256/

mr_x
02-17-2012, 12:41 AM
here: http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/59256/

Thanks! :D +rep!

eleganz
02-17-2012, 12:43 AM

From the sound of this seems like we don't have enough (as of now) to take a large delegate count? If we win the popular vote (which I still support we do) it is still great momentum.

Paul Or Nothing II
02-17-2012, 01:45 AM
Why spread this idea that Ron Paul has not yet won?

We have already won Iowa, Minn, and Maine. We have reportedly won Colo., according to the campaign (Doug Wead). We will win or do a very good second in Nevada.

That's 4(or 5) for 8. We are doing phenomenally well.

+1

:)

Lord Xar
02-17-2012, 02:24 AM
Is ND open to all voters?

eleganz
02-17-2012, 02:32 AM
Is ND open to all voters?

yup...!

Are you coming on Saturday?

Lord Xar
02-17-2012, 02:01 PM
yup...!

Are you coming on Saturday?

Yeah, I'll stop by. Won't be able to stay long but I'll drop in.
Btw -- I saw a Ron Paul sign on a telephone poll on the corner of washington/lincoln last night!! lol.

mello
02-17-2012, 02:10 PM
I thought Louisiana would be his best shot since he essentially won in 2008 but got screwed over by the State GOP.

sailingaway
02-17-2012, 02:15 PM
I thought Louisiana would be his best shot since he essentially won in 2008 but got screwed over by the State GOP.

but that is going to be later in the process. North Dakota and Washington are earlier.

rpwi
02-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Our top 4 chances are
1. North Dakota
2. Washington
3. Idaho
4. AlaskaDon't count out Vermont...was a good state in 08 and has very good donation numbers (good indicator)...wouldn't be surprised if our staw vote there is better than the NH Straw vote. The other upcoming election to keep an eye on is Virginia...it's only Paul and Romney. Really wish this state would get polled so the campaign could decide whether or not to campaign here.

The super-Tuesday slate has some of our most promising states....

sailingaway
02-17-2012, 03:14 PM
I agree Vermont is good.

For all the bumping of this thread I thought there might have been at least one comment on the list of four ND cities I posted that he is visiting, particularly since two of them seem to be at the district conventions which this thread seems to indicate are important in getting delegates.

nemt4paul
02-17-2012, 03:22 PM
I'll be going to his gathering in Williston, ND on Sunday. This is the town that you have heard throughout the campaign that has tripled in size due to the oil boom in the area.

Keith and stuff
02-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Don't count out Vermont...was a good state in 08 and has very good donation numbers (good indicator)...wouldn't be surprised if our staw vote there is better than the NH Straw vote.

The super-Tuesday slate has some of our most promising states....

What straw votes in VT and NH are you talking about? In NH, the Primary was binding. Each campaign had to select their full list of delegates and alternates ahead of time to the NH Secretary of State.

Fletch8
02-19-2012, 11:06 AM
ND? when/where?

http://www.northdakotagop.org/events/

Fletch

SludgeFactory
02-19-2012, 11:02 PM
From the sound of this seems like we don't have enough (as of now) to take a large delegate count? If we win the popular vote (which I still support we do) it is still great momentum.

That is the impression I've been given. There have been some District Conventions since I last posted here that I do not know how they turned out so it is possible that those did better than the ones I did hear about. North Dakota is a bit different than some of the other states in that we select our delegates first and then hold the straw vote (March 6th) and then have a state convention to select national delegates. My District Convention happens to be this week so I'll have a better idea of the turnout for that at least...

J_White
02-19-2012, 11:31 PM
i hope the campaign is totally focusing everything they have on Washington, at least a week before their Primary.
if we pull off a win there, it might give us some push before Super Tuesday.

Vet_from_cali
02-20-2012, 12:11 AM
I believe Iowa and Maine are the most winnable

Student Of Paulism
02-20-2012, 12:23 AM
I believe Iowa and Maine are the most winnable

Lol either that is some heavy sarcasm mixed with some apathy, or you're really out of the loop.