PDA

View Full Version : An elephant in the room question about delegates

Maestro232
02-16-2012, 03:09 PM
Sooooo....given all the shenanegans that have been pulled to disenfranchise Paul at every turn, why are we so confident that we will get national convention delegates in all these states? Isn't it likely that the respective states' GOP peeps will find ways to screw with that? I'm not trying to be a naysayer...I'm just wondering how realistic the prospect is that the boys at the top will let our delegates through.

brandon
02-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Most of them probably won't get through, but that doesn't mean the battle isn't worth fighting. It's a great opportunity to expose the corruption and get party bosses fired.

Maestro232
02-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Most of them probably won't get through, but that doesn't mean the battle isn't worth fighting. It's a great opportunity to expose the corruption and get party bosses fired.

Hardly the most practical way to oust party bosses. I'm sure the Paul campaign isn't optimistic for nothing, and because they are well aware of all the fraud and manipulation that happens, I just wonder how such shenanegans will be suppressed or if it's even possible.

gerryb
02-16-2012, 03:45 PM
It's possible if we replace them... Which we have the #'s and organization to do. Do we have the desire?

bbartlog
02-16-2012, 04:20 PM
why are we so confident that we will get national convention delegates in all these states?

Never said I was confident, and I hope the campaign is less confident than they seem (it's good to put on a bold face but I sure wouldn't take anything for granted). But it's a good strategy and certainly seems more feasible than trying to win a bunch of primaries.

pacelli
02-16-2012, 04:37 PM
The real battle for the nomination begins when those delegates hit the convention. God bless 'em, they're going into the belly of the beast.

sailingaway
02-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Obviously, we aren't confident. We are going to do our best

trey4sports
02-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Obviously, we aren't confident. We are going to do our best

this.

Even with a brokered convention getting Ron enough support to win is incredibly difficult.

gjdavis60
02-16-2012, 04:42 PM
You mean like they did at the Nevada state convention in 2008? I'd also like to know why we should not expect more of the same in 2012.

anaconda
02-16-2012, 04:44 PM

Imagine an entire country firmly believing that one (or both) of the nominees is a product of nation wide voter fraud and party corruption. And now imagine the brunt of that corruption on the ballot as a third party candidate. Imagine the blowback at the polls in November..

dannno
02-16-2012, 04:56 PM
I'd also like to know why we should not expect more of the same in 2012.

We should, because there will be.