PDA

View Full Version : Just talked to the Maine GOP

Morerockin
02-16-2012, 01:33 PM
I just spoke to a woman over the phone with the Maine GOP. I asked her if they were going to count the votes and count it towards the grand total and also if they had rectified the precincts that had zero vote totals. She replied, "We're going to release a statement on this". When I asked at what time will it be released, she said, "sometime tomorrow".

Hmmm . . . My money is on them propping up the lie and giving us the shaft.

Lord Xar
02-16-2012, 01:40 PM
I have a feeling it will be something like...

"Romney wins by a larger margin!!! huh? We don't have the individual caucus results, we just thru it all in the bucket.."
--> "so, how are we gonna validate the numbers?"
"huh, you'll just have to take our word on it.."

sailingaway
02-16-2012, 01:43 PM
I think the party is pulling in every favor and sense of duty and plans to flood the caucus in Washington County. The two colleges there which were in session last weekend now won't be as it is.

Whatever. We just have to take it as it comes. I wouldn't push more until after the caucuses on Saturday.

walt
02-16-2012, 01:49 PM
.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE EVENING...
THEN MOSTLY CLEAR AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. WEST WINDS
10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 50 PERCENT.

.SATURDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS AROUND 40. WEST WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH.

Hey I heard sunburn can be bad for you, maybe they should push it back another week? ;)

carterm
02-16-2012, 01:54 PM
oof 40 degrees, talk about a scorcher. stay indoors, caucus cancelled

Darthbrooklyn
02-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Its Presidents day weekend, a lot of students might go away or go home for the long weekend..

sailingaway
02-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Its Presidents day weekend, a lot of students might go away or go home for the long weekend..

actually, two colleges there are leaving tomorrow for winter break. Last weekend they were in session...

Brian4Liberty
02-16-2012, 02:33 PM
I think the party is pulling in every favor and sense of duty and plans to flood the caucus in Washington County. The two colleges there which were in session last weekend now won't be as it is.

Whatever. We just have to take it as it comes. I wouldn't push more until after the caucuses on Saturday.

Another stellar decision by the Maine GOP. "We'll have more Caucuses, and we'll tell you what we are going to do after we see the results."

r3volution
02-16-2012, 02:44 PM
adding more votes to romneys total to negate a possible large turnout for Paul in saturdays caucus . my guess .

Sematary
02-16-2012, 03:21 PM
I honestly don't think the colleges being out of session is that big of a deal. First - most of the students there probably don't live there or vote there. For those that do, well - they are still there and let's face it - only 8% actually get out and vote, which means maybe 8 folks or thereabouts one way or the other.

No Free Beer
02-16-2012, 03:26 PM

If that is the case and they don't vote because of this, they don't deserve Ron Paul.

HOLLYWOOD
02-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Its Presidents day weekend, a lot of students might go away or go home for the long weekend..You know the Maine GOP have looked at all the timings on voting to give Mitt Romney the advantage.

Whoever it was that pointed out US Senator Olympia Snow smiling in a cheerful mode at the podium, before the announcement on 84% of the caucus vote called-it... this GOP caucus baby is corrupt.

Charles M. Webster and Vice Chair Ruth Summers know exactly what they are doing to ensure a Romney victory. Same for county GOP chairman/vices.