PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME CALL 3,000 VOTERS IN WASHINGTON COUNTY TODAY

muzzled dogg
02-16-2012, 11:35 AM
long story short: campaign is not focusing any additional efforts on Washington County
thanks to RPF volunteers last night, we the grassroots have names republicans and independents

i need to do voter ID'ing

PREREQUISITE
you have to have active gmail account
you have to commit to at least an hour of volunteer time today
you have to have at least 1000 posts or be known by me

reply back here and i'll get you what you need (instructions, scripts, etc.)

02-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Shem, I can do some today. PM me details.

wstrucke
02-16-2012, 11:44 AM
are you talking about sending e-mails or actually calling people?

rightcoast
02-16-2012, 11:47 AM
I want to help. I don't have a thousand comments, but perhaps a PM to GunnyFreedom can verify I am the guy who picked up Stephen after he left SC and I put him up in my house and we canvassed our butts off for a few days together. Also, North Brevard, FL organizer, Brevard co-organizer, and space coast co-organizer in 2007-2008. Rightcoast is the gmail address, and I have no work to do this afternoon and tomorrow.

muzzled dogg
02-16-2012, 11:49 AM
are you talking about sending e-mails or actually calling people?

actual calls

can u help?

wstrucke
02-16-2012, 11:51 AM
actual calls

can u help?

I work pretty late, i'm not sure I would be able to do phone calls.

muzzled dogg
02-16-2012, 11:53 AM
ok i don't think we need any more data entry.

that programmer dude last night hooked us up with a script

vechorik
02-16-2012, 12:29 PM
As long as it isn't a persuasion call, I can help

muzzled dogg
02-16-2012, 12:30 PM
^^^ sent u info

only persuasive if they're undecided

francisco
02-16-2012, 12:38 PM
I have only ~500 posts but have been a RP supporter since 1988 and have been on this forum since 2007. I have several hours available today and an active gmail account. i also have PFH experience. PM me if you would like me to participate.

Wooden Indian
02-16-2012, 12:50 PM
I was going to help. Got food poisoning... sick as hell. I'm disappointed.

muzzled dogg
02-16-2012, 01:27 PM
im disappointed!

jmdrake
02-16-2012, 02:11 PM
Ah hell. I HATE making phone calls. But I'll feel like a heel if I don't do something. I'll donate 1 hour to this cause tonight. I do have a gmail account. I'll PM it to you.

parocks
02-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Shem, check this out. I'm guessing this might be the thing that you don't like to read.

This is from Facebook. Maine For Ron Paul.

Re Washington County Caucus:
We have a wonderful crew in place for this saturday. Thank you to all who have offered and extended your help to this group. Rest assured that we will be TCB while we are up there. We do not want to have any rogue volunteers showing up as it will do more harm than good to have too many cooks in the kitchen.
Thank you all so much. It warms my heart to see so many reach out a helping hand when we all need it most. Remember this time and stick together always! RP2012!!!

Valerie Page Please keep this at the top so everyone can see it, many need to know we are all set in wash. county.
47 minutes ago · Like · 1

muzzled dogg
02-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Sorry is this the same campaign that didn't want any rouge volunteers for the Ames
Straw poll or the Iowa caucus because they had things under control?

These guys haven't won a state yet don't believe a word they say and if you want to volunteer get up there

francisco
02-16-2012, 02:44 PM
What does TCB stand for?

slacker921
02-16-2012, 02:53 PM
What does TCB stand for?

Taking Care of Business...

Shem... get in touch with the campaign and make sure they aren't calling too. There were lots of reports of people in NV getting so many calls from supporters and the campaign that they got pissed off and didn't go caucus.

kathy88
02-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Sorry is this the same campaign that didn't want any rouge volunteers for the Ames
Straw poll or the Iowa caucus because they had things under control?

These guys haven't won a state yet don't believe a word they say and if you want to volunteer get up there

Shem, I don't think this is the campaign, I think it's a supporter group. No rogue volunteers. But they wanted cash a couple days ago.

muzzled dogg
02-16-2012, 03:06 PM
as i understand in the campaign stopped doing voter ID for washington last wknd

they don't plan on doing any more voter ID just GOTV, which if it's anything like the campaign, they've probably been calling the same people all week

we're starting a list from scratch. goal is to ID voters that they campaign hasn't already

presence
02-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Just got home...

Send me a list. The wife's making coffee. This thing is on!

WE HAVE 2 DAYS LEFT PEOPLE!!!!

This is your chance to be heard.

This is the GRASSROOTS TIPPING POINT for RP 2012 MOMENTUM!

Washington county, on the eastern most tip of the continental US, a rural county where folks were used to toughing it through bitter winters with little money, became the turning point in the defence of the Constitution, when after having been denied the LIBERTY to go out and vote because "the party" was concerned for their SAFETY in a snowstorm, voters stood up to be heard...

Tell the tale!

dirigo,

presence

presence
02-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Ok... got a list... what's the script? Or do I just wing it?

------------------------------

K... got the script... will stick to it... but...

You're not going to stop me from telling supporters that:

THIS IS THE TIPPING POINT FOR RP2012 MOMENTUM!!!!

presence

parocks
02-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Taking Care of Business...

Shem... get in touch with the campaign and make sure they aren't calling too. There were lots of reports of people in NV getting so many calls from supporters and the campaign that they got pissed off and didn't go caucus.

The official campaign IS calling. They made a request for volunteers to go to Falmouth to call the previously IDd supporters. They aren't trying to ID new supporters. They're on GOTV. We have x number, which could be private information, of supporters id'd. In my tiny town in Maine, we had 3 ID'd supporters show up to the caucus and got 2 votes. The 3rd IDd supporter did get the GOTV calls. A lot of them. Not saying that they should change that process, but they should recognize that does happen.

What the official campaign is likely planning to do is call our id'd supporters over and over and over again. Call, person screens the calls, we leave a message on their answering machine. Repeat until the election. That's "best practices" apparently.

It does not appear that the Shemdogg plan involves calling the same people over and over again, but is probably just an anonymous poll script or something like it.

The official campaign should know that grassroots really wants to WIN. So, when we're 194 or so votes away from a win, we want to do everything we possibly can to get that WIN which appears to be within reach, within our capabilites.

parocks
02-16-2012, 04:06 PM
as i understand in the campaign stopped doing voter ID for washington last wknd

they don't plan on doing any more voter ID just GOTV, which if it's anything like the campaign, they've probably been calling the same people all week

we're starting a list from scratch. goal is to ID voters that they campaign hasn't already

Might I suggest (and I don't think I need to), is that we make one effort to reach someone. Not leaving long messages on answering machines, things like that.

Could I have a script, too. I'm not entirely motivated to make phone calls, but I did put numbers with the names last night, so, I'm helping with this effort.

ItsTime
02-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Bring it home Washington County!!!!!

presence
02-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Alternate "If NOT RP supporter"

Well, I thank you for your time.
If you have a free moment and you love your Constitution...
please take moment to find Ron's video "A NEW HOPE",
its all over the web and its been there since 2007.
Ron hasn't changed his philosophy in decades.
Thanks again for your time...
I hope I haven't bothered you too much this evening.
Take care and God bless America.

-----------------

Ok two 19" monitors live... Room clear, coffee full... First call call... starting on line 1600

parocks
02-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Shem, I don't think this is the campaign, I think it's a supporter group. No rogue volunteers. But they wanted cash a couple days ago.

This has to do with me to somewhat of a degree.

Here's what happened, or is happening.

Saturday, Sunday, Monday, there is disarray. People very much want to do something. No one knows how to help. The Washington County Coordinator is not on any facebook groups, or here on RPF, or on Daily Paul. And I, as well as others, recognized that in order to accomplish something on the ground there would need to be some coordination with the Washington County Coordinator. I learned who the Washington County Coordinator was, and noticed that someone who was on the major Maine For Ron Paul group was in contact with her. I thought, well, this person who is accessible, is in contact with the person who needs to be in the loop. And, that appeared, to me, to be a fragment of an adhoc organizational structure. I felt, and others agreed, that money was needed on the ground. Valerie Page, seemed likeable, well-known and competent enough and she was in contact with Violet (the Wash Co. coordinator). Then I thought. "how about having Valerie Page be the taker of the money for whatever project we come up with. The plan then became 1) get money into Valerie Page's hands, and 2) ??? and 3) Profit (votes).

One of the key things to note is that it's Valerie Page, the one who is getting the money, who is the one who is telling everyone that everything is fine and nothing extra needs to be done.

What I think is happening, and I don't really have proof of this, just a feeling, is that Eric, who I believe is in charge now, or at least in charge of field, is worried, because it appeared that Valerie's first instinct about how to spend the money was to do the whole pay for gas, pay for lodging, basically a version of what the campaign did in Iowa, NH, etc. Christmas Vacation for Ron Paul. That type of thing. And I think that was a mistake, because intentionally bringing people in, and not knowing what you want them to do, could lead to trouble. Idle hands, devil's workshop, that kind of thing. But I never intended to use that money to import people from out of state. I figured, and I think I'm right here, whatever staffing needs we might have will just be met without any effort. I intended Valerie to spend that money on a project that was separate from the caucus and was designed to bring people who we did not previously identify at supporters to the caucus. In my vision, the project site would be at a college or a bar. And transportation was key to that as well. I thought a "party bus" which is basically a huge limo bus with champaign and wifi would be effective. I had no idea how much money would be raised. And I don't know now. Scaled back to something which I think would be feasible would be to rent a 15 passenger van, to use as a shuttle bus from U M Machias to the caucus, which is 5 miles away.

Even though the person with the money is NOW saying "let's do nothing", that doesn't mean that she can't be persuaded to embrace the idea of renting a 15 passenger van. After all, she should have the money for that.

Obtain the van, then announce that if you're going to be at the caucus, we need you to drag voters to the polls. That way, the "rogue volunteer" problem gets solved, along with the "not enough voters" problem that we possibly could have.

My recommendation is for people to go over to the Maine For Ron Paul group and push the idea of renting a van. And staffing the drag and drop project with the rogue volunteers. It's really not at all a complicated plan, really. I don't see why that is seen as such a brain twister.

I do want to state, though, that encouraging people to just show up, even paying their gas money, is not the way to go, when there is no plan to use them.

But ideas like renting out a semi private room in a restaurant, renting a van, renting a party bus, all could work together into a pretty good plan.

presence
02-16-2012, 04:50 PM
so far... 0 for 10. erg! Did get one guy that promised to watch "A NEW HOPE" for me.

--------------------------

0 for 20 now... Well.. one "maybe" I've got 4 that have promised to watch "A NEW HOPE" for me.

presence

presence
02-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Somebody needs to get out there and spammify the board looking for warm bodies to make phone calls!

Must have sense of humor and nose to the grindstone attitude :)

7300 lines of numbers to call...
there's only FOUR of us actively calling right now...
I'm doing about 30 calls an hour.
We've only got another 2 1/2 hours of prime time today.
2 DAYS LEFT!

WE NEED WARM BODIES

...back to the grindstone.

presence

muzzled dogg
02-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Bump

PolicyReader
02-16-2012, 06:59 PM
bump

muzzled dogg
02-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Bump

tennman
02-16-2012, 07:43 PM
I don't have "enough" posts and don't know shem dogg. Bummer.

puppetmaster
02-16-2012, 07:55 PM
PM me what you need...I can help I hope

PolicyReader
02-16-2012, 08:07 PM
bump

parocks
02-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Looking at the script.

I wouldn't say "with the Ron Paul campaign"

With the offer of the ride, is that something we can back up?

I think what you're doing is trying to avoid making 2 calls. Which seems wise.

If it was 2 calls, first a poll from some random name. And then the GOTV call.

Suzu
02-16-2012, 09:08 PM
PM sent, about an hour ago. No response... I will assume you have enough help, going to bed now unless response received shortly.

freneticentropy
02-16-2012, 11:08 PM
You guys doing Hancock county too? I think they are also voting Saturday.

dskalkowski
02-16-2012, 11:13 PM
I don't qualify with the post count or known shemdogg.

I do however:

1. Run a Youth for Ron Paul Organization in New Jersey and have organized PFH associates here.
2. Called over 2000 during the Iowa/NH GOTV effort.
3. Have done phone calls with rp2012.org
4. Have a gmail account, and experience with Google Docs.
5. Am a Young Americans for Liberty member..

I can provide any information necessary to show I can help. Today is Friday, and I can really help if it is critical. I understand if I don't fit the prerequisite, and cannot be offered a chance to do it.

Matt Davidson
02-16-2012, 11:22 PM
I can make calls after 7 PM EST tomorrow! Send me a script!

seawolf
02-16-2012, 11:36 PM
The entire political world is going to be focusing on Washington Co. on Saturday.

Thank you all for the GOTV Effort.....I hope it pays off!!!!

francisco
02-16-2012, 11:41 PM
I wouldn't say "with the Ron Paul campaign"

I agree; at that point of the script, I say "...I'm a volunteer Grassroots supporter of Ron Paul for President".

J_White
02-16-2012, 11:41 PM
the vote lead is down to about 150 !! help out people, this is doable and is going to make news !!
we need a large buffer !

presence
02-17-2012, 09:55 AM
I found the script a little dry last night...
I also found that you're lucky to make 100 calls and find a supporter... mostly not interested in politics, bad number, a few santorums or romneys, or sorry they're not here right now. So no matter who I talked to... if they were semi friendly and I could keep them on the hook... I sold "A NEW HOPE" to them.

here's what I was using:

-----------------------------------------

Hi is GEORGE there? (thanks)
Hey GEORGE, my name is JOHN,
I'm a volunteer calling from CALIFORNIA
I'm searching your county for RON PAUL supporters
for the upcoming PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS.
Would'ya call yourself a RON PAUL supporter???
(pause)

NO:
Hey I understand, we've all got our own views.
I hope I haven't bothered you too much this evening. (pause, but interrupt)
If you have a chance, there's video out on the web called "A NEW HOPE"
Its been out since 2007, Ron hasn't changed his views in decades.
Listen... Thanks for you time... I'm sure you're busy, but
do check out "A NEW HOPE" if you have a moment.
You might be inspired. (pause)
Take care & God Bless America.

MAYBE:
Well what issues are important to you? (pause)
I think its great you're involved in politics.
Listen, if you have a chance,
there's video out on the web called "A NEW HOPE"
Its been out since 2007, Ron hasn't changed his views in decades.
Thanks for you time... I'm sure you're busy, but
do check out "A NEW HOPE" if you have a moment.
You might be inspired. (pause)
Take care & God Bless America.

YES:
Sweet, Its always great to find a friendly voice on the other end.
Listen, there has been a recount in Maine,
were down by a mere 150 votes.
Maine is poised to become the tipping point for Ron Paul 2012 MOMENTUM!
There are two counties voting tomorrow in Maine
and we are in a very good postion to flip the state in our favor.
Can Ron Paul count on you to come out and vote this Saturday?
(pause)
-------------------------------------------

NO OR MAYBE VOTE:
You're kidding me right?
This vote is a huge priority!
What do I need to do to get you out there?
Need a ride? (pause)
(Whatever it is, make it happen, INSPIRE!)
Can I leave you with the Voting location:
Washington Academy a 1:30PM on Saturday
East Machias (MOCK EE US) 66 High Street

YES VOTE:
Awesome... we're counting on you.
Do you know where go vote?
Got a pen?(pause)
Washington Academy a 1:30PM on Saturday
East Machias (MOCK EE US) 66 High Street

Listen, if you've got friends, family, pets, whatever...
bring 'em out with you, this vote is CRUCIAL!
If you have time stick around after the polls to become a delagate.
You're in a unique position to change history.
Good luck & Thanks for your time.
Gods speed to ya!

(IF SUPER ENTHUSIASTIC)
Can we count on you to pick up other supporters on your way?)

Maximilian American
02-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Bump, sending PM for list. Lets do this!

seawolf
02-17-2012, 06:36 PM
shemdogg how is this effort going.....we would like an update when you have a moment to spare!!!!!

Do you have a sense how big the turnout will be? and if Ron Paul has a strong presence in Washington Co.

sailingaway
02-17-2012, 06:42 PM
shemdogg how is this effort going.....we would like an update when you have a moment to spare!!!!!

Do you have a sense how big the turnout will be? and if Ron Paul has a strong presence in Washington Co.

we probably shouldn't discuss projected turn out.

seawolf
02-17-2012, 06:48 PM
Okay sailingaway!!! Good luck with this thread and project!!!