PDA

View Full Version : How to talk about Gas Prices.

KMX
02-16-2012, 10:49 AM
The gas prices are going to hit an all time high. I know and herd Ron Paul's plan to restore America will affect the gas prices a bunch and we could have them go back down to 1-2$ after he is in office for a bit. So my question is when someone talks about gas prices what do you think the best way to talk about how Ron Paul’s plan of action can and will have a positive effect on gas prices? Thank you in advanced for any responses.

KMX
02-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Help.....

Romulus
02-16-2012, 11:13 AM
I *think he would repeal the federal gas tax, which is .30 or something?

rhelwig
02-16-2012, 01:13 PM
I would do the "gas for a quarter" comparison and explain that he'd work to fix the monetary system.

Aurave
02-16-2012, 07:11 PM
The US Department of energy has graphs of inflation adjusted price of a gallon of gasoline, they show gasoline has been going down steadily in price 1919 and have nearly halved. Just use that along with an example of a dollar's worth of silver dimes in 1919(each had $.10 worth of silver in each at the time I believe), how much gasoline it bought back then, and how much the silver content would buy today. Then tie it in to the only candidate that supports a monetary policy that shows how the true price of a commodity like gasoline that "always go up" really doesn't.