PDA

View Full Version : Question about Revolution Pac

iGGz
02-15-2012, 08:29 PM
[}{]

freneticentropy
02-15-2012, 08:34 PM
I don't really get it either. Some stuff they have done has been awesome. The compassion ad was incredible. Is that still getting played anywhere? It played in NH, and we did quite well there. I wish they'd just use whatever little money they do get and use it to play 'Compassion' and 'The Oath' as much as possible.

Crystallas
02-15-2012, 08:35 PM
RevPac doesn't bring in as much money as you might think. We are fighting the status quo, after all.

Keith and stuff
02-15-2012, 08:39 PM
I don't really get it either. Some stuff they have done has been awesome. The compassion ad was incredible. Is that still getting played anywhere? It played in NH, and we did quite well there. I wish they'd just use whatever little money they do get and use it to play 'Compassion' and 'The Oath' as much as possible.

I totally agree about the compassion ad. That helped Ron Paul in New Hampshire.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?532-Why-Ron-Paul-Did-so-Well-in-New-Hampshire-in-2012

Paul had one of his best debate performances of the campaign season during the Saturday night debate before the Primary. Combine that with all of the Ron Paul ads that played during the debate, including the Revolution PAC ad (https://www.revolutionpac.com/2011/12/the-compassion-of-dr-ron-paul/), and you have a winning formula.

Mckarnin
02-15-2012, 08:47 PM
I know a couple of the people involved in RevPac and think they are good folks. That said, I do not think it is an effective use of our money to broadcast live (if that is costing us something). YouTubes get passed around and go viral much more easily and even folks who are new to Ron Paul or non-believers are willing to watch short vids. I think RevPac needs to focus on getting targeted materials that have a little more polish and timeliness than some of the campaign generated stuff into voter's hands and onto their tvs. The compassion ad was good and I do hope they are airing it in states where the "racism" charges seem to matter to people. Endorse Liberty has been better, imo, at playing to people who are not already on board. I really enjoy RevPac's stuff for my own personal use but the point of Super PACs isn't to entertain supporters it's to gain supporters.

iGGz
02-15-2012, 08:59 PM
[}{]

Muwahid
02-15-2012, 09:48 PM
The broadcasts are well-intentioned, people here get so frusterated with the MSM - but it does raise the question of what are they trying to do, PACs generally put out ads, attack other candidates and so on.

Of course they have had some great plans, greater ads, and helped overall. I just don't think they should morph into an extension of the grassroots, with broadcasts, opinion, etc, there's plenty of that already.

Good thread, it's a good discussion to have I hadn't thought of it before.

seawolf
02-15-2012, 09:58 PM
What is needed from RevPac, Santa Rita Super Pac and the Endorse Liberty Super Pac are and avalanche of Pro-Paul TV and Radio Ads in the upcoming Super Tuesday, March 6th Primaries and Caucus's.

With the NOBP Money Bomb coming nowhere near the $5 Million Goal the Campaign has set, it is obvious they will not be able to implement their outreach strategy in its entirety.

Let's hope that one of the Super Pacs has saved their money and will announce some major TV Buys soon.

jemuf
02-15-2012, 10:09 PM
I watched a RevPac live broadcast but left after 10 minutes because the 4 commentators were unprofessional. I also un-followed RevPac on Twitter. I'm sure I'm not the only one who gave it a chance but was highly disappointed.

twoggle
02-15-2012, 11:20 PM
---
Does RevPac honestly believe broadcasting to a whole 200 live viewers is going to help?
---
In my opinion, their commercials have been fantastic. I like the idea of the broadcast
(as long as it is not costing too much money). In four years, the idea of their post election
broadcast may blossom into a deal with a number of independent groups to put
together a post election team so that tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands can
watch online (and perhaps even listen on some radio stations).

They are having a "Powercast" on February 25th (as mentioned on their web site:
http://www.revolutionpac.com/ ) which sounds exciting. Hopefully, they'll put out
a speaker schedule so that Ron Paul supporters can invite friends who are not yet
Ron Paul supporters to listen to the parts that might interest them. I also hope that
they'll make segments and/or the whole thing available as a podcast, mp3, etc.
Perhaps even the grassroots can help spread the word about this event? Finally,
they could even use parts of this Powercast and spread this information outside
of the Internet.

Mark

jamezelle
02-15-2012, 11:43 PM
I watched a RevPac live broadcast but left after 10 minutes because the 4 commentators were unprofessional. I also un-followed RevPac on Twitter. I'm sure I'm not the only one who gave it a chance but was highly disappointed.

Too harsh, remember they are on our side......

Carlybee
02-16-2012, 12:51 AM

I totally disagree. Given that they are probably on a tight budget and it was put together quickly I think they did a good job and it was great not having to listen to the idiots on the cable channels. I thought the commentators were all knowledgeable.