PDA

View Full Version : Paper or Plastic?

Travlyr
02-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Next time the clerk asks that question say, "Hemp paper please."

Hemp paper is far superior to wood pulp paper. If it was legal in the United States, then it would be much less expensive than wood pulp paper. It is an annual plant so it is rapidly renewable, it requires no pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers to grow it.

Tell the world you do care about the environment. Say, "Hemp paper or hemp plastic please ... because I care."

Compostable Goods (http://compostablegoods.com/resources.php?osCsid=gba5b6s0qs7bnovjdu3ioqhut7)

Hemp Industries Association Facts (http://www.thehia.org/facts.html)

Industrial Hemp (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_gx5205/is_1998/ai_n19124969/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RL0yc-ynww&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RL0yc-ynww&feature=related

RedLightning
02-15-2012, 09:03 PM
What's wrong with pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers?

Travlyr
02-15-2012, 09:12 PM
It is startling to learn that while the New World Order chumps constantly tell us that our environment is in dire straights, their solution is to tax us, "Pay to Play", yet they keep the most Earth friendly plant known to humans, industrial hemp, illegal. Illegal Mind You. Our rulers will put you in a cage in 2012 for growing a perfectly normal highly advantageous Earth friendly plant when they catch you. It's A Weed!

Natural Good For You Plants are Illegal in Our World.

Hello, Senator & Congressman! Hello! It's a naturally grown weed that our ancestors adored, instrumental in winning WWII (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0xHCkOnn-A), and needs no herbicides, insecticides, or fertilizer while it protects the land by preventing soil erosion. It is Earth Friendly!!! Hemp grows to maturity in 90 days! The products made from this weed are Earth friendly, high quality, and healing. Hello!!! Congress People ... Anybody Home?

Travlyr
02-15-2012, 09:14 PM
What's wrong with pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers?
Pesticides can be genocide on animal life, herbicides can be genocide on plant life, and fertilizers are ... well I don't know what the problem with fertilizers are... except they are expensive. If you can grow a plant that needs no fertilizer, then it is less expensive to grow.

RedLightning
02-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Pesticides can be genocide on animal life, herbicides can be genocide on plant life, and fertilizers are ... well I don't know what the problem with fertilizers are... except they are expensive. If you can grow a plant that needs no fertilizer, then it is less expensive to grow.

Sucks to kill harmful insects in order to keep a forest healthy, also pesiticides are rarely used in timber stands. Herbicides are often used to mimic natural events such as fire when prescribed burning is not an option. Fertilizer is expensive which means it is only used when necessary.

Travlyr
02-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Sucks to kill harmful insects in order to keep a forest healthy, also pesiticides are rarely used in timber stands. Herbicides are often used to mimic natural events such as fire when prescribed burning is not an option. Fertilizer is expensive which means it is only used when necessary.
I made NO claim that pesticides and herbicides do not play a positive role in our life. But when they are not necessary, then don't use them. Why kill insects when there is no need? You might be killing honey bees.

brushfire
02-15-2012, 09:36 PM
You might be killing honey bees.

Nahh... BT GMO will take care of them - F'n Monsanto. There's a "Mystery Disease" killing all the bees. What's the freak'n mystery?

Feelgood
02-15-2012, 09:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQB61AUdmJw

Travlyr
02-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Nahh... BT GMO will take care of them - F'n Monsanto. There's a "Mystery Disease" killing all the bees. What's the freak'n mystery?
My big deal about this is: I like honey on my pancakes. Sure pure Maple Syrup is good, but honey is the best... not KFC's honey sauce... real honey. MMmmm... good. Why kill the bees? Why?

specsaregood
02-15-2012, 10:07 PM

fwiw: I think they figured out what was killing them and it turned out to be caused by a virus.

Vanilluxe
02-15-2012, 10:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQB61AUdmJw

Mitt Romney would be a perfect fit to sign up for my materials and finishes class and he will learn all he needs about hemp.

Travlyr
02-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Mitt Romney would be a perfect fit to sign up for my materials and finishes class and he will learn all he needs about hemp.
Nice work!

kill the banks
02-15-2012, 11:05 PM
well i'm all for it ... !

Justinfrom1776
02-15-2012, 11:11 PM
I understand that you can apply for a permit with the D.E.A. to grow hemp for commercial purposes.. I've looked all over their website and can't find anywhere there that I would apply for any such permit.

donnay
02-15-2012, 11:22 PM

The chemical fertilizers are synthetics and bad. Organic fertilizers are good because they are made with no chemicals--synthetic or otherwise. Also most farmers use chemical fertilizers that wind up running off into the water systems and causing major problems.

http://www.hemphasis.net/History/history_files/HEMP-FOR-WAR.png

The History of Hemp
http://www.hemphasis.net/History/history.htm

Travlyr
02-16-2012, 09:48 AM
The chemical fertilizers are synthetics and bad. Organic fertilizers are good because they are made with no chemicals--synthetic or otherwise. Also most farmers use chemical fertilizers that wind up running off into the water systems and causing major problems.

http://www.hemphasis.net/History/history_files/HEMP-FOR-WAR.png
The History of Hemp
http://www.hemphasis.net/History/history.htm

That is an excellent website. Thanks.

I found this gem this morning.
The Origins of California's 1913 Cannabis Law (http://www.canorml.org/background/ca1913.html)

The same "terrorists" we are supposedly fighting today?

The "Hindoos," actually East Indian immigrant of Sikh religion and Punjabi origin, had become a popular target of anti-immigrant sentiment after several boatloads arrived in San Francisco in 1910. Their arrival sparked an uproar of protest from Asian exclusionists, who pronounced them to be even more unfit for American civilization than the Chinese. Their influx was promptly stanched by immigration authorities, leaving little more than 2,000 in the state, mostly in agricultural areas of the Central Valley. The Hindoos were widely denounced for their outlandish customs, dirty clothes, strange food, suspect morals, and especially their propensity to work for low wages.

Zippyjuan
02-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Instead of Paper Or Plastic bring your own cloth (hemp or whatever) bags. I do. Hemp paper would still be a use it and throw it our product.

Travlyr
02-16-2012, 03:00 PM
That is true. Bringing your own bag is good, but that doesn't always work. Families have to carry 4 or 5 bags with them while they shop, or during spontaneous shopping.

The point of the thread is to get more support for industrial hemp. Paper hemp can be higher quality, less expensive, renewable, and compostable. You could actually recycle your grocery bags in your compost pile. It would help keep us from cutting down trees needlessly for low quality more expensive wood pulp paper.

Hemp plastic can be made compostable too. Car panels made from hemp can take a beating without denting. Hemp clothes last a lot longer than cotton. Hemp paint is non toxic. Hemp fuel burns clean. Hemp fibers in concrete for insulation and strength. And it is all renewable.

Some hemp grows in 90 days. There is absolutely no excuse for putting people in jail for growing industrial hemp. Hemp is the greenest most Earth friendly plant in the world.

It's time to take our world back from tyrants.

The Free Hornet
02-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Organic fertilizers are good because they are made with no chemicals--synthetic or otherwise.

Your use of the word "chemicals" is odd. While it is proper - though annoying in a politicized context - to use "chemical" to mean a prepared, purified, or synthetic compound intended for use in a chemical process (aside from mundane things like eating or watering), when you qualify your statement with "synthetic or otherwise", then I don't know how you intended to use the word. The convention use of "chemicals" is the synthetic stuff and the unconventional use would include the "or otherwise" (all the stuff in the world). Strictly, everything composed of molecules is a chemical and can theoretically be expressed in a formula.

Are these non-chemical, so-called organic fertilizers not prepared or not purified? More so, disregarding the politicized defintion of "organic", to describe something as being as both "organic" and not "chemicals" is whack, tree-hugging, bat-shit lunacy.

I accept that language evolves over time but this is an instance of it evolving to demonize science. Why couldn't the fruit and nut crowd invent its own words?

kezt777
02-16-2012, 07:48 PM
I have not read through the rest of the posts yet but I always laugh about this when young cashiers in the stores look at me like I'm an evil earth-killer if I say I didn't bring a bag and want a plastic bag from them..... because they are too young to remember the 'paper bag days' we had before plastic flooded the planet. I am old enough to remember when the Save The Trees campaign was HUGE, forcing stores to give up on using paper bags and switch to plastic....... and now look where we are!

I purchased quite a few fabric bags from various stores around town and was doing pretty good remembering to bring them to the darn store... until I happened to look at the tag on one. It said 'Made In China'. I immediately wondered how much energy/pollutants I was saving by buying things that were still made in China, still being shipped across the ocean, and then trained/trucked to my city... I checked the rest of the bags and they were ALL made in China. Oh fun.. But anyway, I love telling kids that they can thank their greenie parents for the plight of plastic, since it was the Save The Trees campaign in the 80s that brought us the lovely beasts. I remember when all bottles (pop juice etc) were glass, not plastic.... and I'm not even 40 yet. But the kids they are targeting now have no way of knowing that unless someone tells them straight out.

I would be up for a paper bag made from easily replaced material like a hemp plant :)

Voluntarist
02-16-2012, 08:22 PM
xxxxx

The_Ruffneck
02-17-2012, 07:13 AM
Rock 'n Roll requires the right application of tongue to cheek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS9ZMXPgsEc

But honestly, let's deal with the carbon traders, shall we. If they were really serious about what they're talking about then they'd be granting carbon credits for plastic bags - because plastic bags lock up carbon for close to four centuries. And if you really want effectiveness, then go the styrofoam path - that stuff locks up carbon for almost a million years.
If they were truly worried about carbon 'pollution' they would be making cars out of hemp and not steel.The video of henry fords hemp car from the 40s is still on youtube if you care to look , strong and lighter than steel.

specsaregood
02-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Some hemp grows in 90 days. There is absolutely no excuse for putting people in jail for growing industrial hemp. Hemp is the greenest most Earth friendly plant in the world.

It's time to take our world back from tyrants.

We need better marketing. It could take forever to get 'hemp' legalized, the name is D.O.A. How about we come up with a new name? how about "greenie-awesome-plant, or GAP for short. Legalize GAP! we'd have it in the ground by spring.

donnay
02-17-2012, 07:49 AM
Your use of the word "chemicals" is odd. While it is proper - though annoying in a politicized context - to use "chemical" to mean a prepared, purified, or synthetic compound intended for use in a chemical process (aside from mundane things like eating or watering), when you qualify your statement with "synthetic or otherwise", then I don't know how you intended to use the word. The convention use of "chemicals" is the synthetic stuff and the unconventional use would include the "or otherwise" (all the stuff in the world). Strictly, everything composed of molecules is a chemical and can theoretically be expressed in a formula.

Are these non-chemical, so-called organic fertilizers not prepared or not purified? More so, disregarding the politicized defintion of "organic", to describe something as being as both "organic" and not "chemicals" is whack, tree-hugging, bat-shit lunacy.

I accept that language evolves over time but this is an instance of it evolving to demonize science. Why couldn't the fruit and nut crowd invent its own words?

I should have used the word "synthetic chemicals" my mistake. A good organic fertilizer is composed of animal and plant sources. synthetic chemical fertilizers depletes the soil of it's good microbes. Many synthetic chemical fertilizers are composed of high concentrations of mineral salts and a petroleum base which are quick to kill off many of the soil organisms that are responsible for decomposition, and soil formation. Organics is a slow gradual step, which enriches the soil or the good microbes and improve the soil structure over time.

I think mother nature has one-up on the lab technicians here. By using synthetic chemicals, over the years, our soils have been slowly depleted from the proper nutrients and minerals. In Organic fertilizer there are three important macro-nutrients; nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P) and potassium (K). That's not bat-shit, tree hugging lunacy, that is how it was done for centuries, before the synthetic chemicals were introduced.

Travlyr
02-17-2012, 08:20 AM
We need better marketing. It could take forever to get 'hemp' legalized, the name is D.O.A. How about we come up with a new name? how about "greenie-awesome-plant, or GAP for short. Legalize GAP! we'd have it in the ground by spring.

That's IT! Better Marketing. Legalize GAP!

libertarian4321
02-18-2012, 10:01 PM
I don't see the problem with plastic bags. I just reuse them as garbage bags. I know people who rail against the "waste" of plastic grocery bags, then go out and spend money on Hefty trash bags (yeah, that's really a "green" idea).

When I can, I use paper (a lot of stores don't even stock them anymore. I use the paper bags to collect my paper (for recycling).

Travlyr
02-19-2012, 11:56 AM
I don't see a big problem with petroleum plastic bags either ... other than they are toxic. Hemp plastic is not toxic and environmentally friendly because it is made from a plant based oil. The way I understand it is that hemp plastic can be made compostable. Reuse it as a vegetable trash liner and toss it in the compost pile. Easy Peasy.

Legalize GAP! FTW!