PDA

View Full Version : USA Today: Are the Maine GOP caucus results in doubt?

sailingaway
02-15-2012, 03:39 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2012/02/ron-paul-maine-caucuses-washington-county-romney-/1#.TzwmLk5ulpd

again, I am sure they are pushing for LESS transparent primaries over caucuses, but I still like seeing them pay some attention.

JuicyG
02-15-2012, 03:42 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2012/02/ron-paul-maine-caucuses-washington-county-romney-/1#.TzwmLk5ulpd

again, I am sure they are pushing for LESS transparent primaries over caucuses, but I still like seeing them pay some attention.

Yeah, perhaps they`re pushing for something like "stfu and accept the results or risk losing delegates in a primary we`ll control and you might end up getting humiliated".

sailingaway
02-15-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm sure whatever changes they make would have to be for the NEXT election cycle, it is just worse process.

And Ron was hardly humiliated in New Hampshire's primary, even with Huntsman taking some of the less well informed antiwar vote.

Original_Intent
02-15-2012, 03:45 PM
The problem isn't primaries vs caucuses, it is corruption and manipulation of the vote. As I am sure you are aware. And of course the corrupt will spin this as a need for primaries over caucuses, because the corruption can be managed and hidden better.

Probably the counter argument is that caucuses are allowing the corruption to be seen.

Orgoonian
02-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Ha!
I love this guys comment:p

[QUOTECan't wait til the NY Primary. We're a little more creative down here. See, if Paul wins, we won't blame the snow, we'll just cancel the whole thing and blame some terrorist attack. It's more believable.[/QUOTE]

Brian4Liberty
02-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Rumor has it that the local college in Washington County is going on break this weekend, so most students will not be around for the postponed Caucus. A convenient coincidence if a person believes that young people prefer a certain candidate. They don't mention that in the article.

Aratus
02-15-2012, 06:18 PM
^this^