PDA

View Full Version : Why I want to be a delegate

Sematary
02-15-2012, 12:25 PM
In Connecticut, the campaign chooses from eligible candidates, who it wishes to be it's delegate to the national convention. I expressed my interest to the Ron Paul campaign and received back a link which asked for various information - name, congressional district, etc... etc...
The form also asked WHY I would like to be a delegate for Ron Paul after I answered a few simple questions about my agreement or disagreement with several of his positions (needless to say, I agree with his positions very strongly).
Anyway, here is the text of the reasons I submitted to the campaign for wanting to be a delegate for Ron Paul:

I am a long time supporter of Dr. Paul. I spent much of the last election cycle going door to door in my area, distributing slim jims and attending events where I distributed literature to those attending. I was also involved in the Philadelphia Rally (one of the coordinators with those who resided in Philadelphia). I would like to be a delegate for Dr. Paul because I because I believe in the message of Liberty and freedom backed by the Constitution wholeheartedly and cannot support any other candidate for president. I believe in his foreign policy of non-intervention and free trade. I agree with him that the main purpose of the federal government is to protect the citizens of the nation from external threats and that it has no business legislating personal behavior. I also believe he is correct in his stance that states rights have been taken over by the federal government. While I don't agree 100% with Dr. Paul on everything - for instance, I do believe there is a need for the EPA - I do believe that his approach (using the Constitution as our guide) is the best way to enhance security for America and prosperity for it's citizens.