PDA

View Full Version : Anti "Pulling out" bill introduced in OK...sick

xFiFtyOnE
02-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Democrat in Oklahoma introduces bill to mock an anti-feticide bill. The bill would make "pulling out" illegal. What a sick person.

http://rt.com/usa/news/oklahoma-ban-johnson-bill-041/

Edward
02-15-2012, 11:37 AM
What a sick person.

"Her satirical proposal came as a response to a real draft-law sponsored by conservative legislators. "

ZanZibar
02-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Pulling out?

dannno
02-15-2012, 11:39 AM
This is the one area where I believe people on both sides of the aisle have legitimate arguments.

I don't agree that a fertilized egg implanted in the uterus is "unique human life". I don't believe it carries all the necessary characteristics to be categorized as human yet. Therefore I see pulling out, or pulling a fire alarm at a hotel filled with honey mooners at 10:30pm, as essentially the same action as committing a chemical or physical abortion within the first few weeks of pregnancy.

As the fetus takes upon more characteristics of being human, the decision becomes much more difficult.

Either way, it seems that prosecuting these types of crimes could easily turn into an affront to women's privacy during what should be a very sacred and private time for the mother. Just imagine being pregnant and having a miscarriage, all the pain that the mother would be going through, and on top of that then be part of a police investigation?

This is the point the legislator was trying to make.. that the privacy concerns of a husband and wife and their sexuality, as well as the privacy concerns of a mother during pregnancy should be paramount to the state.

muzzled dogg
02-15-2012, 11:42 AM
how is this sick? i think it's hilarious

fisharmor
02-15-2012, 11:42 AM
A black leftist woman crafting legislation against gays?

xFiFtyOnE
02-15-2012, 11:46 AM
"Her satirical proposal came as a response to a real draft-law sponsored by conservative legislators. "

I don't see the humor. To her, murder is ok. I can agree that the "Personhood" bill goes to far. But I bet you this lady is the kind of person who see's no problem with sucking the brains out of the back of a babies head and throwing it in the trash aswell. What would make me lawl is if this shit passed and back fired on her.

ryanmkeisling
02-15-2012, 11:48 AM
how is this sick? i think it's hilarious

Me too.

oyarde
02-15-2012, 11:49 AM
Do they not have better things to work on ? Maybe it would be better if they were not working on anything ?

Matthew5
02-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Do they not have better things to work on ? Maybe it would be better if they were not working on anything ?

Glad to see my Oklahoma tax dollars hard at work. While I'm paying taxes on milk, bread, and income...they're spending their time crafting "funny" memos.

Sola_Fide
02-15-2012, 11:58 AM
I don't agree that a fertilized egg implanted in the uterus is "unique human life". I don't believe it carries all the necessary characteristics to be categorized as human yet. Therefore I see pulling out, or pulling a fire alarm at a hotel filled with honey mooners at 10:30pm, as essentially the same action as committing a chemical or physical abortion within the first few weeks of pregnancy.

Bro, that makes no sense.

Edward
02-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Glad to see my Oklahoma tax dollars hard at work. While I'm paying taxes on milk, bread, and income...they're spending their time crafting "funny" memos.

I think you're oversimplifying what she was doing...

“My amendment seeks to draw attention to the absurdity, duplicity and lack of balance inherent in the policies of this state in regard to women,” Johnson affirmed.

You may not agree with it, but she is arguing her position. Humor is a tool to do that.

Matthew5
02-15-2012, 12:08 PM
I think you're oversimplifying what she was doing...

You may not agree with it, but she is arguing her position. Humor is a tool to do that.

There's a way to make a point without being obnoxious. This is just asinine.

I don't pay these people to be smart asses. lol

Edward
02-15-2012, 12:09 PM
There's a way to make a point without being obnoxious. This is just asinine.

I don't pay these people to be smart asses. lol

"Obnoxious", "asine", and "smart ass" is in the eye of the beholder. Not saying it's right, but belittling the views of others with humor and oversimplification happens all the time in politics.

eduardo89
02-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Pulling out?

Onanism.

Cowlesy
02-15-2012, 12:13 PM
To date, this is by far my favorite piece of satirical legislation (but this actually passed, until later excised).

http://io9.com/5882671/in-1995-new-mexico-voted-on-a-bill-requiring-psychologists-to-dress-as-wizards

In 1995, New Mexico voted on a bill requiring psychologists to dress as wizards
In 1995, New Mexico state senator Duncan Scott was getting aggravated by the number of psychologists and psychiatrists being used as expert witnesses in legal trials. To protest this perceived overuse of psychiatric professionals, Scott tacked the following protest amendment onto a bill:

When a psychologist or psychiatrist testifies during a defendant's competency hearing, the psychologist or psychiatrist shall wear a cone-shaped hat that is not less than two feet tall. The surface of the hat shall be imprinted with stars and lightning bolts. Additionally, a psychologist or psychiatrist shall be required to don a white beard that is not less than 18 inches in length, and shall punctuate crucial elements of his testimony by stabbing the air with a wand. Whenever a psychologist or psychiatrist provides expert testimony regarding a defendant's competency, the bailiff shall contemporaneously dim the courtroom lights and administer two strikes to a Chinese gong [...]

Of course Psychologists should dress as wizards. To me, this was common sense legislation.

eduardo89
02-15-2012, 12:23 PM
To date, this is by far my favorite piece of satirical legislation (but this actually passed, until later excised).
http://io9.com/5882671/in-1995-new-mexico-voted-on-a-bill-requiring-psychologists-to-dress-as-wizards

Of course Psychologists should dress as wizards. To me, this was common sense legislation.

A crazy man dressed as a wizard probably is more useful than a psychologist.

oyarde
02-15-2012, 12:26 PM
Does this mean they could use Vermin Supreme ?

Edward
02-15-2012, 12:29 PM
A crazy man dressed as a wizard probably is more useful than a psychologist.

I agree. No need for psychiatrists and psychologists when you can just use an E-meter...

http://www.themortonreport.com/uploads/pics/TravoltaEMeter.jpg

oyarde
02-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Glad to see my Oklahoma tax dollars hard at work. While I'm paying taxes on milk, bread, and income...they're spending their time crafting "funny" memos. Taxes on food is immoral and UnAmerican , I will lend you my pitchfork.

dannno
02-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Bro, that makes no sense.

The mere ability to generate into unique human life does not make unique human life.

Two people with a mere sexual interest in each other, and then having someone cock-block is not really any different than abortion before the fetus has any real human characteristics. Both a couple with a mere sexual interest and a fetus without any important characteristics that makes us human are both potentially equally as capable of producing unique human life.

eduardo89
02-15-2012, 12:33 PM
I agree. No need for psychiatrists and psychologists when you can just use an E-meter...

http://www.themortonreport.com/uploads/pics/TravoltaEMeter.jpg

That reminds me, it's time for my yearly auditing.

Krugerrand
02-15-2012, 12:33 PM
The mere ability to generate into unique human life does not make unique human life.

Two people with a mere sexual interest in each other, and then having someone cock-block is not really any different than abortion before the fetus has any real human characteristics. Both a couple with a mere sexual interest and a fetus without any important characteristics that makes us human are both potentially equally as capable of producing unique human life.

When would you consider a fertilized chicken egg to be a unique organism?

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/egifs/egghatching.GIF

xFiFtyOnE
02-15-2012, 12:34 PM

Agreed.

Matthew5
02-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Taxes on food is immoral and UnAmerican , I will lend you my pitchfork.

I have been meaning to pick up a good pitchfork/torch combo. :p

dannno
02-15-2012, 12:54 PM

Unique organism /= unique chicken

I agree drawing a line is difficult, but when taking into account the privacy concerns a pro-choice position becomes pretty reasonable imo.

PaulConventionWV
02-16-2012, 10:17 AM

You are wrong, dannno, there is a big difference. For one, nobody is talking about merely the "potential" to become human life. If a child has been conceived, the process has already been started. No action by the two consenting individuals can change that unless the process is forcibly stopped.

This is not about the "potential" of human life. This is about the inevitability of an action that was designed for the specific purpose of manufacturing a human child and will inevitably result in such barring the intervention of outside forces. A sperm is not the same thing as human life because it is still subject to the decision of whether or not to be utilized. Once it is utilized, however, only killing the organism in development will stop it from actually becoming a human being.

PaulConventionWV
02-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Unique organism /= unique chicken

I agree drawing a line is difficult, but when taking into account the privacy concerns a pro-choice position becomes pretty reasonable imo.

I'm pro-choice, too. I just happen to support the ability of the baby to have a choice.

slamhead
02-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Democrat in Oklahoma introduces bill to mock an anti-feticide bill. The bill would make "pulling out" illegal. What a sick person.

http://rt.com/usa/news/oklahoma-ban-johnson-bill-041/

You talking about coitus interruptus?

eduardo89
02-16-2012, 10:32 AM

That makes me wonder, the yolk of a chicken egg is yellow, chicks are yellow. Are the yolks of crow eggs black?

bluesc
02-16-2012, 10:37 AM

I actually saw the physical equivalent of that at a museum today.

It looks even more freaky irl.