PDA

View Full Version : Afghan War outsourced – US lost more civilians than servicemen in 2011

moderate libertarian
02-15-2012, 08:21 AM
Over last year, 70 Americans were killed per month on average in Obama's "good war" in Afghanistan. That is almost same as American death toll during peak of Iraq war when Bush was crucified daily in liberal media. Why media is silent while American's continue to die in a war under Obama's watch?

For the first time since American troops began a military operation in Afghanistan over a decade ago, casualties suffered by private sector employees have surpassed that of US troops. In 2011, at least 430 workers employed by American contractors lost their lives as the US began relying less on military enforcements and more on performance by way of private companies. By comparison, the US military reports that 418 of their own died last year.

http://rt.com/usa/news/us-military-private-death-217/

flightlesskiwi
02-15-2012, 08:26 AM
i wonder what the anthem for the NWO will be... and what the flag will look like... do you think it will look anything like the UN flag? maybe they'll do away with symbolism altogether, but i doubt it.

heavenlyboy34
02-15-2012, 08:28 AM
i wonder what the anthem for the NWO will be... and what the flag will look like... do you think it will look anything like the UN flag? maybe they'll do away with symbolism altogether, but i doubt it.
They'll keep some sort of flag. Patriotism is the cult that the State thrives on. You WILL love Big Brother! ;)

specsaregood
02-15-2012, 08:38 AM
slightly offtopic: https://www.usaopoly.com/games/risk-metal-gear-solid-collectors-edition

RISK®: Metal Gear Solid Collector’s Edition features customized game board, first-ever mobile territory in a RISK game, the Outer Haven game board and game piece (measures 3” long).
War has changed.
Private Military Companies have taken the place of state armies as the world’s primary war machines. As the fires of war continue to spread, take command and wage the ultimate battle for supremacy. Hire one of eight legendary bosses to lead your soldiers, including Solid Snake, Raiden and Liquid Ocelot. Coordinate with arms dealers to gain tactical advantages over those who would oppose you.

The age of deterrence is now the age of control. He who controls the battlefield, controls history.

even board games are keeping up with the times.

flightlesskiwi
02-15-2012, 08:43 AM
very very telling.

slightly offtopic: https://www.usaopoly.com/games/risk-metal-gear-solid-collectors-edition

even board games are keeping up with the times.

Pericles
02-15-2012, 10:22 AM
That can easily happen because a large number of the contractors are unarmed in the middle of a war.

I interviewed for a deal where we would be all around Afghanistan doing stuff for the Afghan National Police. SO I asked who provided the security and was told the ANP. That was the wrong answer.

oyarde
02-15-2012, 11:29 AM
That can easily happen because a large number of the contractors are unarmed in the middle of a war.

I interviewed for a deal where we would be all around Afghanistan doing stuff for the Afghan National Police. SO I asked who provided the security and was told the ANP. That was the wrong answer. I had no idea you were still so adventurous , I do not know what they would be paying for that , but do not think it would be enough for me :) . I think you made a wise decision.

moderate libertarian
02-15-2012, 11:11 PM

UN has become an agent of oppression and a prostitute for crooks so...

Today, UN will discuss a resolution by mother of oppressive dictatorships Saudi Arabia calling for ...get this... "democratic transition" in Syria aided by NATO bombs.
Obama's masters are some of the worst, most hypocritical douchebags our political system has seen in a while.

moderate libertarian
02-16-2012, 08:21 PM

I interviewed for a deal where we would be all around Afghanistan doing stuff for the Afghan National Police. SO I asked who provided the security and was told the ANP. That was the wrong answer.

Wonder if that is due to strict anti gun laws of Afghanistan where no one carries a gun?

flightlesskiwi
02-16-2012, 08:31 PM
but, but but, Saudi Arabia iz our friend! and the UN does so much good around teh werld, why with all their little blue-helmeted white-gloved humanitarian soldiers! and NATO.. north atlantic TREATy organization-- aka Whiteys Uniteys!!!

and Syria iz eeeeeeeviiiiiillll

and Iran iz eeeeeeeviiiiiiiilll

UN has become an agent of oppression and a prostitute for crooks so...

Today, UN will discuss a resolution by mother of oppressive dictatorships Saudi Arabia calling for ...get this... "democratic transition" in Syria aided by NATO bombs.
Obama's masters are some of the worst, most hypocritical douchebags our political system has seen in a while.

flightlesskiwi
02-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Wonder if that is due to strict anti gun laws of Afghanistan where no one carries a gun?

from what i understand, it does have something to do with it. contractors are considered non-combatants and are not afforded the protection (immunity) that military members have when it comes to the laws/legalities of a country, IIRC.

this was THE reason (loss of immunity) the US left Iraq-- it was the only card the Iraqi .gov had, and they played it.

moderate libertarian
02-16-2012, 08:38 PM
from what i understand, it does have something to do with it. contractors are considered non-combatants and are not afforded the protection (immunity) that military members have when it comes to the laws/legalities of a country, IIRC.

this was THE reason (loss of immunity) the US left Iraq-- it was the only card the Iraqi .gov had, and they played it.

That post was sheer sarcasm, almost everyone in Afghanistan carries a gun. But you make a good point about varied level of exemptions from killing violence accountability among various war machine groups we deploy there.

flightlesskiwi
02-16-2012, 09:01 PM
yeah, i should have made a disclaimer... i was speaking about if a contractor were to kill a Afghan they would be held to accountable under Afghan law... not about non-existent gun laws in that country. :p

i did not realize, though, that almost everyone in Afghanistan carries a gun ???

That post was sheer sarcasm, almost everyone in Afghanistan carries a gun. But you make a good point about varied level of exemptions from killing violence accountability among various war machine groups we deploy there.

moderate libertarian
02-18-2012, 07:07 AM
i did not realize, though, that almost everyone in Afghanistan carries a gun ???

Yes, it's a very pro gun rights, pro small government, conservative culture. Pretty libertarian in some ways. That may not be the only reason that it has earned reputation as graveyard of invading empires but probably a big part of it.