PDA

View Full Version : Q2 Donation Drive

Nathan Hale
06-18-2007, 08:16 PM
It's nearing the end of Q2, and though the Paul campaign has over $2.2m, he needs a lot more to pull ahead of the lower tier candidates. A good way to help that along would be for Paul's official site to host a donation drive ending on June 30th (the end of Q2), so the numbers would appear on his public papers. I don't know the site's metrics, so I can't guess at a realistic goal (you want a goal you can reach otherwise you look stupid when you fail to reach it). But it would be a good idea, and it's easy to set up.

Paul's web coordinator could farm out a quickie Java job to a Paul-supporter techie who would make a graphic of some sort of image that could "count" the donations as they come in. Common ones include thermometers, runners/horses racing to a "finish line", etc. Then they just have to tally the donations.

Having the poll run by the Paul campaign really puts them out on a limb, so supporters would be eager to support. While it would be good to keep the limit "safe" this time around, the Paul camp would have the opportunity to do this again. July 4th, Q3, etc. Each time they'll be able to expand their horizons and reach out a little farther in their goals and they'd have a frame of reference from the Q2 drive.

Just an idea. I don't know anybody in the Paul camp so this is the best place for me to communicate it as I hope they're checking these boards at least a little.