PDA

View Full Version : Delegates - A Call for Help

tjasond
11-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Hi gang,

I can understand the reluctance with respect to getting involved to the extent of being a delegate. I've never been part of this process and am a little scared of the whole thing. Thanks to my local meetup group, I feel as though we'll get through this.

Being a delegate is a necessary evil; it stinks but we have to do it nonetheless. So I'm doing it, regardless of what implications there are. I'm not afraid of the pundits who say that our actions are futile. I love this country. I love freedom. I love our constitution. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Please participate. Become a delegate. We will win.

skiingff
11-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Yes, for ALL of you in a caucus state, become a delegate tomorrow! I'm SURE you can find some free time. In the end, becoming a delegate is 10x better than all the signs you could wave or money you could contribute. This is really important.

All of you in a popular vote primary state, disregard.

garrettwombat
i tried to become a deligate and the kind of responses i got from asking around was "watch who you talk to or you might end up in a ditch"

CMoore
Are you kidding?? I was talking the other day with a friend who was a delegate to the 2004 convention. She said it was a blast. They had a great time and were treated like royalty. I am really looking forward to being able to go this year, God willing.

Dorfsmith
11-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Hi gang,

I can understand the reluctance with respect to getting involved to the extent of being a delegate. I've never been part of this process and am a little scared of the whole thing. Thanks to my local meetup group, I feel as though we'll get through this.

Being a delegate is a necessary evil; it stinks but we have to do it nonetheless. So I'm doing it, regardless of what implications there are. I'm not afraid of the pundits who say that our actions are futile. I love this country. I love freedom. I love our constitution. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Please participate. Become a delegate. We will win.

Anybody having this problem:

Several people from my meetup called the Chairman for the Republican party for our county in order to try to become a PC (the first step in becoming a delegate). Nobody mentioned Ron Paul. The Chairman did not return any phone calls. Finially our meetup leader (who really wants to become a PC) called again and actually got him on the phone. The Chairman said that he is concerned that these people who are calling are Ron Paul supporters and he wants nothing to do with them.

garrettwombat
11-12-2007, 09:45 PM
WOW... that really concerns me...

xRedfoxx
11-12-2007, 09:47 PM
I made this post earlier....I contacted my local pcnt gop chair, and told him I was interested in becoming a delegate. He wants me to take over the chairman job! Just a little victory for Ron Paul...and all I did was ask!! We all need to get off our duff....thank about it...we could have one HELL of a party after the nomination!!!

garrettwombat
11-12-2007, 09:48 PM
so... do you guys recomend i not say anything about ron paul when im trying to do these things... is that maybe the root behind me ending up in a ditch?

xRedfoxx
11-12-2007, 09:49 PM
In Texas there is no need to contact the County chair.....just contact your Pcnt. Chair. I wouldn't mention Ron Paul....just offer up to help the GOP cause in any way or form.

tjasond
11-12-2007, 09:59 PM
PM me if you need help becoming a delegate. There's some folks in my meetup that seem to be quite educated on the process.

garrettwombat -
If someone is threatening you, then call the authorities. Otherwise, if it is your desire, become a delegate.

It is time to stop talking like patriots and to start becoming them.

klamath
11-12-2007, 10:06 PM
I confirmed I was a delegate today. All RP has to do is carry my congressional district and Saint Paul here I come!

derdy
11-12-2007, 10:10 PM
I wouldn't mention Ron Paul.

If they ask why you're interested say something like, "I'll do anything I can to make sure Hillary isn't President!" :p

Bobby Johnson
11-12-2007, 10:17 PM
I am thinking about becoming a delegate here in Indiana. For right now, I will become involved in the local GOP headquarters. Learn all I can and volunteer for different things. Since I am not familiar with the way the political system works here in Indiana, the smartest thing I could do is join the local GOP headquarters at this point.

I just talked with head of the GOP club in my county and he was very excited to see that I was interested in becoming more involved. (I think the fact that I am young had something to do with it.) My plan is to keep my support of RP to myself at this point. Indiana's primary is so far out it would do no good to make it known. He acted like we were best buddies when I said get nightmares over the idea of a second President Clinton. In the meantime, I will keep my ears open and learn all I can so that when the time comes for filing to become a delegate, the local officials will be familiar with me.

Combine their knowledge of me plus the fact that I voted as a Republican in 2000, 2004, and 2006 makes me hopeful I will have a good chance of becoming a delegate in my county.

In the past few days, some people on the forums here have talked about a real resistance in the GOP to Ron Paul. I would venture a guess that most Republican voters and officials at the local level feel betrayed and are ticked off at the GOP leadership in Washington right now. Be nice and most people in the local GOP leadership will probably be glad to see new blood coming in. They instinctively know that the GOP is in decline and they fear the momentum Hillary Clinton is building up. Be smart and use this fear. Just my opinion, however, in my area this seems to be the case.

Furis
11-12-2007, 10:24 PM
The Chairman said that he is concerned that these people who are calling are Ron Paul supporters and he wants nothing to do with them.

This is bull****, call him on it. I'm fairly certain you can not legally be excluded because you are a Ron Paul supporter.

You could always claim to be a part of the system and not a Ron Paul supporter.

Furis
11-12-2007, 10:25 PM
I wouldn't mention Ron Paul.

This is critical. We need people in these positions and if you have to omit this information it will be worth it.

tjasond
11-12-2007, 10:34 PM
[...]

texasbelle
11-12-2007, 10:40 PM
In Texas there is no need to contact the County chair.....just contact your Pcnt. Chair. I wouldn't mention Ron Paul....just offer up to help the GOP cause in any way or form.

In Texas do we need to contact them now? I was under the impression that delegates were voted on the night of the primary which is March 4th. (i am so confused but I want to be a delegate!!!)

Dorfsmith
11-12-2007, 11:06 PM
This is bull****, call him on it. I'm fairly certain you can not legally be excluded because you are a Ron Paul supporter.

You could always claim to be a part of the system and not a Ron Paul supporter.

Well, my meetup leader flat out lied and said he does not support Ron Paul but all you have to do is google my meetup leader's name and the town and the first thing that comes up is the Ron Paul meetup. From what I understand, you have to be approved by the chairman and he does not have to give any reason to reject you.

tjasond
11-12-2007, 11:07 PM
I am tired of working 4 months per year for the government. I will not subject my children to this. We must act now. Liberty is at stake. I hate that we have to go about it in this fashion but this is all we have. Become a delegate. Save the republic.

Bobby Johnson
11-12-2007, 11:20 PM
In Texas do we need to contact them now? I was under the impression that delegates were voted on the night of the primary which is March 4th. (i am so confused but I want to be a delegate!!!)

texasbelle,
I found the following link in the Causus & Primary Section on the homepage of ronpaulforums.com.

www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33207

Hope this helps you get started.

me3
11-12-2007, 11:30 PM
bump