PDA

View Full Version : US Marine killed by the police, unarmed – and in front of his children

John F Kennedy III
02-14-2012, 11:59 PM
US Marine killed by the police, unarmed – and in front of his children

LA Times
February 14, 2012

A veteran Orange County sheriff’s deputy (claims/lied that) he feared for the safety of two young girls sitting in a parked car when he shot and killed a Marine sergeant in a dark parking lot near San Clemente High School, authorities said Friday.

Sgt. Manuel Loggins Jr. was shot early Tuesday as he started to get into the SUV where his two daughters — 9 and 14 — were sitting, authorities said. Jim Amormino, a spokesman for the department, said the deputy was fearful that Loggins — who he said (supposedly) appeared to be acting irrationally — was about to drive off with the girls.

“The real threat that was perceived was the safety of the children,” Amormino said.

“The deputy formed an opinion that he had a deep concern for the children, that he would not allow Mr. Loggins to drive away with the kids,” Amormino said.

Read full article here (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/02/marine-shot-.html)

squarepusher
02-15-2012, 12:05 AM
WOW wtf

A former commanding officer said Loggins routinely went to the school with his daughters during the early-morning hours to walk the track and read the Bible.

a death sentence?

jacmicwag
02-15-2012, 12:23 AM
These stories are becoming too many. Folks don't walk away or in any way be dominant to a cop. They might kill you. I was arrested many years ago for asking a police man directions in Galveston. Turned out he was pissed at yankees and I had an Indiana plate at the time. The guy was looking for a fight and I passed since he had a gun and I didn't. Things might have been different if I had met him a few years earlier in Viet Nam. You just have to play the game with these folks and use the system later to get even.

CaptainAmerica
02-15-2012, 12:31 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bc/JoseGuerena.jpg/220px-JoseGuerena.jpg

Jose Guerena was also murdered by a tucson, az swat team all because of a suspicion and without a warrant . After the swat team murdered Jose Guerena the chief of police excused their actions of placing 61 bullets in Jose as "defending themselves in a hostile situation". The swat team/police claimed that Jose fired first......which later changed because evidence shows that Jose's rifle was set to safety and all casings were still in the clip and not a single shot was fired by him. Chief of Police excused his murder squad and they all got of scotch free for the murder of an innocent man. Meanwhile, the neighbor of Jose Guerena was busted for running a drug ring. Cops=pigs.Chalk that up for another USMC combat veteran returning only to be slayed by the police.

Bosco Warden
02-15-2012, 12:33 AM
Here is another story I was just reading out of the liberal bastion Seattle.

I am not sure at what point people will demand change. This is crazy. Sorry JFK for the derail, didnt want to make a new post. I've been reading this story a couple of days now,

Seattle cop caught threatening to make up evidence

A Seattle police officer has been caught on tape telling a recently arrested young African American man that he was going to make up evidence against him.

Josh Lawson and Christopher Franklin were arrested at gunpoint in November of 2010 after police spotted them several blocks away from where an assault had been reported. Neither man was charged with any crime after their arrest, and they have sued the city for excessive force and wrongful arrest.

Both men allegedly suffered facial bruises after being kicked and thrown on the pavement as the police officers arrested them. While Lawson and Franklin were being taken to the police department, one of the officers also said he was going to make up evidence against them, an audio recording obtained KOMO 4 News revealed.

“Well, you’re going to jail for robbery that’s all,” the officer said.

“For robbery?” Franklin asked.

“Yeah, I’m gonna make stuff up,” the officer responded.

Seattle Police Sergeant Sean Whitcomb told KOMO 4 News that the comment was inappropriate, but that the department’s had investigated the complaint and exonerated the officer.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/02/14/seattle-cop-caught-threatening-to-make-up-evidence/

aGameOfThrones
02-15-2012, 01:56 AM
“The real threat that was perceived was the safety of the children,” Amormino said.

So shooting in the direction where the "Children" you were so concerned about makes the kids safe?

Sgt. Manuel Loggins Jr. was shot early Tuesday as he started to get into the SUV where his two daughters — 9 and 14 — were sitting

And you killed their father, I highly doubt they will thank you for thinking about their safety.

John F Kennedy III
02-15-2012, 04:25 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bc/JoseGuerena.jpg/220px-JoseGuerena.jpg

Jose Guerena was also murdered by a tucson, az swat team all because of a suspicion and without a warrant . After the swat team murdered Jose Guerena the chief of police excused their actions of placing 61 bullets in Jose as "defending themselves in a hostile situation". The swat team/police claimed that Jose fired first......which later changed because evidence shows that Jose's rifle was set to safety and all casings were still in the clip and not a single shot was fired by him. Chief of Police excused his murder squad and they all got of scotch free for the murder of an innocent man. Meanwhile, the neighbor of Jose Guerena was busted for running a drug ring. Cops=pigs.Chalk that up for another USMC combat veteran returning only to be slayed by the police.

WHAT...THE...FUCK....?

John F Kennedy III
02-15-2012, 04:28 AM
Here is another story I was just reading out of the liberal bastion Seattle.

I am not sure at what point people will demand change. This is crazy. Sorry JFK for the derail, didnt want to make a new post. I've been reading this story a couple of days now,

Seattle cop caught threatening to make up evidence

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/02/14/seattle-cop-caught-threatening-to-make-up-evidence/

Wow. The bad guys have the guns.

unknown
02-15-2012, 07:12 AM
And you killed their father, I highly doubt they will thank you for thinking about their safety.

Actually they'll turn out to be some kind of terrorists and when they act out, they'll be declared insane or irrational ignoring the obvious blowback.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
02-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Twenty-one years ago, the country was enraged when four LAPD officers beat the snot out of Rodney King (and in that case, it may have even been somewhat justifiable).

Now, cops are killing citizens who've done absolutely nothing wrong on an almost daily basis and nobody says a word.

How soon will it be until we start fighting back? Seems like the cops are even targeting MILITARY.

heavenlyboy34
02-15-2012, 07:54 AM
WHAT...THE...FUCK....?
That's how I felt when I heard about it too. That happened only a few hours south of here. It can happen to anyone, folks. Beware of cops!

fisharmor
02-15-2012, 08:05 AM
These stories are becoming too many. Folks don't walk away or in any way be dominant to a cop. They might kill you. I was arrested many years ago for asking a police man directions in Galveston.
Dude, you contradicted yourself there by relating a story about many years ago.
The stories are only becoming too many because they are finally being told, on the internet.

I'll point it out every single time now.
This is what the police do. This is always what they have done.
If you dig you can find stories like this from the 19th century, happening right after the establishment of the constabulary.
And just like today, they're whitewashed with the greater good and public safety.

At some point, after enough of these stories, the rest of you are going to get to the same conclusion: We don't need them, we never did, and their existence only threatens us.

WHAT...THE...FUCK....?

This is an interesting case study. I thought everyone on this board would know who Jose Guerena was.
It's not reflecting badly on you JFK - I just think that someone needs to put some thought into a better distribution channel for these types of stories.
If any single group of people should be completely versed in the latest police abuses, I think it should be us.
I'm just not sure how that can happen.

But the sooner it does happen, the sooner we all get on the same page. The sooner we're all on the same page, the sooner we can put together the coherent argument for the elimination of the constabulary, and the sooner we can all stop living in abject fear of our social betters.

flightlesskiwi
02-15-2012, 08:06 AM
by the way, in the local news cast about this incident, they make SURE to mention that he'd never been deployed.

ya know, because all the recent veteran slayings have been blamed on PTSD...

fisharmor
02-15-2012, 08:07 AM
by the way, in the local news cast about this incident, they make SURE to mention that he'd never been deployed.

ya know, because all the recent veteran slayings have been blamed on PTSD...

Yeah, except that (the fact that he's not a REAL soldier) coupled with the fact that he's black, is probably going to gain some sympathy for the cop.

flightlesskiwi
02-15-2012, 08:14 AM
i didn't click on this story, but does it reveal that the man got out of his vehicle and went over to the athletic field for up to 5 minutes...

i know hindsight is 20/20, and i do NOT believe the police side of the story (although it was caught on the dash cam) if the dude left his vehicle why didn't the cop deal with the girls then???

also, and this is obvious, but: if these people were held personally liable for everything they do, and they were publicly scrutinized, i really believe that no one would be a cop.

Yeah, except that (the fact that he's not a REAL soldier) coupled with the fact that he's black, is probably going to gain some sympathy for the cop.

osan
02-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Deputy should be ID'd, arrested, shot in the head, and left for the dogs.

Enough is enough.

John F Kennedy III
02-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Deputy should be ID'd, arrested, shot in the head, and left for the dogs.

Enough is enough.

Completely agree.

Anti Federalist
02-15-2012, 02:44 PM
WHAT...THE...FUCK....?

You didn't know about this case???

Anti Federalist
02-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Acting "irrationally" = Contempt of Cop.

Sentence?

Immediate, on scene execution.

People, unless you are prepared to have your next encounter with a cop be your "come to Jesus" minute on this earth, do not, under any circumstances, do anything remotely confrontational with one of these armed psychopaths. The situation can go sideways in a matter of minutes, leaving you dead and your killer enjoying full state sponsored immunity from prosecution or civil liability.

And yes, I fully realize that this is only a stopgap measure, even full, complete and immediate compliance and submission is not a guarantee that you will not be gunned down anyway.

John F Kennedy III
02-15-2012, 02:55 PM
You didn't know about this case???

I'm sure that I read about it on here at some point. My memory isn't always that great.

John F Kennedy III
02-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Acting "irrationally" = Contempt of Cop.

Sentence?

Immediate, on scene execution.

People, unless you are prepared to have your next encounter with a cop be your "come to Jesus" minute on this earth, do not, under any circumstances, do anything remotely confrontational with one of these armed psychopaths. The situation can go sideways in a matter of minutes, leaving you dead and your killer enjoying full state sponsored immunity from prosecution or civil liability.

And yes, I fully realize that this is only a stopgap measure, even full, complete and immediate compliance and submission is not a guarantee that you will not be gunned down anyway.

Bump so more people can read this ^^^