PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina: Telling your kids what to eat.

XNavyNuke
02-14-2012, 10:23 PM
http://www.nccivitas.org/2012/state-inspectors-searching-childrens-lunch-boxes-this-isnt-china-is-it/

“So I went to the cafeteria to make sure she had no fee and it’s not being charged to her account yet,” she continued, ” but what concerned me was that I got a letter from the principal and it says students who do not bring a healthy lunch will be offered the missing portions which may result in a fee from the cafeteria. So if I don’t stay on top of her account on a weekly basis there’s that opportunity that charges could be put on her account and then if I let it go too far then it’s like I’m going to have a big battle.”

The principal of West Hoke Elementary, Jackie Samuels, says none of the children’s parents were asked to pay for the school food. While the parents may not have to pay, it was still an expense for the school to provide the extra food. A phone call to the Hoke County Schools Superintendent to inquire as to how much additional expense this would impose on the school was not returned.

Article goes on to say that this is common nation wide. Yet another reason to avoid public school.

XNN

phill4paul
02-14-2012, 10:36 PM
It comes down to hostage taking. Parents are more than willing to pay the demand as much as they can. Those who can't get investigated and if the state doesn't feel they are able to take care of their children they take them away.

If you can't comply you are costing taxpayers and the majority will side with us, while we make you an example, because they don't believe it can happen to them. Or more truthfully they know it can if they make too many waves.

Keith and stuff
02-14-2012, 11:00 PM
That NC state law is crap!