PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it...(Judge Nap's last Freedom Watch words included)

Anti Federalist
02-14-2012, 05:18 PM
This is from Judge Nap's Farcebook wall:

Judge Andrew Napolitano
It will be far more productive for my work at Fox and the work of my friends and colleagues here--many of whom share our values--if the email traffic to Fox toned down considerably. I will continue to voice the message of freedom in many more Fox venues, and you will hear that message, and we will do our best to alert you in advance of those venues and the times that I will be on them; and we will post those alerts right here on this site. PLEASE BE SURE TO WATCH THE FINAL FreedomWatch SHOW ON MONDAY FEBRUARY 13TH, ON FOX BUSINESS AT 8:00 PM, EASTERN TIME. You have been very strong in your views and generous in your comments about the show, but now is the time to relax and lay low and prepare for the future. God bless each of you.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/105676.html

So, we are on the verge of collapse, of military dictatorship and full blown fascism, but we're not supposed to be vocal and pissed?

Especially when it is nothing more than emails directed to some corporate suits at Faux News?

I'll never understand this...

Judge Nap's last words on Freedom watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a2tC-npvuGk

Judge Nap and I are in agreement here.

WilliamC
02-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Maybe our anger is better spent on other targets than empty suits and talking heads at Fox News.

Like Congress.

cindy25
02-14-2012, 07:55 PM
he said not to send e-mails to Fox as that is a waste of time

so send them to Fox advertisers.

QueenB4Liberty
02-14-2012, 08:09 PM
We should just all get rid of Fox Business. What a waste!

ryanmkeisling
02-14-2012, 08:10 PM
This is from Judge Nap's Farcebook wall:

So, we are on the verge of collapse, of military dictatorship and full blown fascism, but we're not supposed to be vocal and pissed?

Especially when it is nothing more than emails directed to some corporate suits at Faux News?

I'll never understand this...

Judge Nap's last words on Freedom watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a2tC-npvuGk

Judge Nap and I are in agreement here.

He is obviously trying to keep his job. I don't like it either...

No Free Beer
02-14-2012, 08:14 PM
he had another one tonight

RickBelmont
02-14-2012, 08:41 PM
So, we are on the verge of ...military dictatorship...
lol
"We" aren't on the verge of anything like that. However, it seems some are on the verge of cresting at a peak of mania.

It is better to study history than to be swept up by histrionics.

Anti Federalist
02-14-2012, 08:52 PM
lol
"We" aren't on the verge of anything like that. However, it seems some are on the verge of cresting at a peak of mania.

It is better to study history than to be swept up by histrionics.

Funny, I just had this discussion in another thread...

What do you call it, when, based on nothing more than some government bureaucrat's say so, you, an American citizen, could be stripped of all legal and constitutional protections, whisked off to a foreign country, tortured, tried and executed by secret military tribunal, with no due process and nobody being allowed to know of your fate?

That's settled law as it stands right now.

economics102
02-14-2012, 09:18 PM
He is obviously trying to keep his job. I don't like it either...

You guys are lacking perspective.

Do you think FOX didn't know what kind of stuff the Judge would have on his show? Or that they just NOW figured out what he's been saying on his show for so long?

For whatever reason, FOX allows Napolitano to voice our views on national television. There are some rational self-interest reasons they might do this, and maybe it's also just a matter of the Judge being personally well-liked at FOX and maybe FOX isn't 100% corrupt.

He is STILL a FOX employee and his job is as an on-air personality and that means he's expecting he'll get to continue voicing the freedom message on TV in the future. Whatever FOX's reason for allowing that, that's GOOD for us.

Meanwhile, lashing out at FOX is apparently not changing anyone's minds and probably ruffling feathers. The people who decided to give Napolitano a show obviously were OK with allowing it, maybe next time they consider doing so they'll fear "if I greenlight his show and later cancel it I'm gonna be avalanched with angry emails."

In any case, the point is that, just as Ron Paul has made major gains for the liberty movement by playing nice with the GOP and, without failing to tell the truth, giving his fellow GOP colleagues just a LITTLE bit of deference, the Judge has made major gains for the movement by playing nice with FOX News.

FOX is a private for-profit TV network, they're only going to air what they want to air. They haven't committed any foul offense here that we know of and if Judge Napolitano himself, who has done so much for the liberty movement, tells us that we're being counterproductive, we should trust his judgment. And if he's just trying to save his job, and asks us "as a friend" to stop haranguing FOX over this, we should do that too, rather than creating risk to the employment of a man who has stuck his neck out farther than just about anybody else for the liberty movement.

It's just a total lack of perspective. Please do as Napolitano asked and don't harass FOX over this. Recall there have been times when Ron Paul has asked us not to contact various parties to complain about things. We always trust him and his judgment. If you trust the Judge, trust his judgment and stop.

NewRightLibertarian
02-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Funny, I just had this discussion in another thread...

What do you call it, when, based on nothing more than some government bureaucrat's say so, you, an American citizen, could be stripped of all legal and constitutional protections, whisked off to a foreign country, tortured, tried and executed by secret military tribunal, with no due process and nobody being allowed to know of your fate?

That's settled law as it stands right now.

People like RickBelmont would have probably chided people who cried foul when the Reichstag fire happened in Nazi Germany. I guess it will be 'histrionics' until we're all in torture rooms at concentration camps to these cowards with their heads buried in the sand.

Anti Federalist
02-14-2012, 10:05 PM
People like RickBelmont would have probably chided people who cried foul when the Reichstag fire happened in Nazi Germany. I guess it will be 'histronics' until we're all in torture rooms at concentration camps to these cowards with their heads buried in the sand.

If I had my way, 10 million people would be in the streets, raising seven kinds of holy hell over this shit and no member of the ruling elite would be able to show their faces.

That's one thing we should be doing.

Goddamn right I'm engaged in "histrionics".

Pericles
02-14-2012, 11:19 PM
We should just all get rid of Fox Business. What a waste!

Without the Judge, I certainly have no reason to demand it.

NewRightLibertarian
02-14-2012, 11:50 PM
If I had my way, 10 million people would be in the streets, raising seven kinds of holy hell over this shit and no member of the ruling elite would be able to show their faces.

I don't think such an event will happen until the collapse, but it's becoming more inevitable everyday.

ryanmkeisling
02-14-2012, 11:51 PM

This^^^ 100 million.

Feeding the Abscess
02-15-2012, 04:55 AM
I thought it was Nap who pointed out in a book that Adams was referring to the French Revolution, and not the American Revolution? That's a flip flop for sure.

Or maybe it was RP. I'll try to find that passage.

milo10
02-15-2012, 06:55 AM
Meanwhile, lashing out at FOX is apparently not changing anyone's minds and probably ruffling feathers. The people who decided to give Napolitano a show obviously were OK with allowing it, maybe next time they consider doing so they'll fear "if I greenlight his show and later cancel it I'm gonna be avalanched with angry emails."

In any case, the point is that, just as Ron Paul has made major gains for the liberty movement by playing nice with the GOP and, without failing to tell the truth, giving his fellow GOP colleagues just a LITTLE bit of deference, the Judge has made major gains for the movement by playing nice with FOX News.

+rep. Exactly! Everyone should show appreciation where it is due.

If you felt compelled to send them any emails, what should have been sent was a friendly one thanking them for the great show, say you're sorry to see it go off the air, and you hope that they have similar shows with the Judge in the future.

What Fox did is absolutely nothing like what MSNBC did when they pulled a very popular Donahue off the air for being anti-war. You don't have to like Fox to respect that there are some good people at the network who put on an exceptional show, and allowed it to run for 2 years or so with poor ratings.

They even ran the show fairly deep into the Republican nomination process! If Ron had won some states, I think the show might have gotten some legs at the end, and that is maybe what some execs were hoping for.

odamn
02-15-2012, 07:07 AM

If you felt compelled to send them any emails, what should have been sent was a friendly one thanking them for the great show, say you're sorry to see it go off the air, and you hope that they have similar shows with the Judge in the future.

What Fox did is absolutely nothing like what MSNBC did when they pulled a very popular Donahue off the air for being anti-war. You don't have to like Fox to respect that there are some good people at the network who put on an exceptional show, and allowed it to run for 2 years or so with poor ratings.

They even ran the show fairly deep into the Republican nomination process! If Ron had won some states, I think the show might have gotten some legs at the end, and that is maybe what some execs were hoping for.
+ rep for Milo

cartemj06
02-15-2012, 07:31 AM
I was thining about this yesterday, Really you wouldn't need 100,000,000 people, you could bring washington to a screeching halt with 100,000 people if you knew what you were doing and you did it well.

Travlyr
02-15-2012, 07:35 AM

If Ron had won some States, then Fox would have just said he didn't, call him unelectable, twist Ron's work A Foreign Policy of Freedom (http://mises.org/books/foreign_policy_freedom_paul.pdf) to be very scary, promote Rick Santorum as a conservative, and declare Mitt Romney the winner. Come to think of it... maybe Ron did win some State contests.