PDA

View Full Version : Six years in prison for medical marijuana grower

NewsFlash420
02-14-2012, 04:50 PM
It sometimes always seems the things your good at, you don't want to do, and the things you want to, your no good at. It's a hard lesson to learn, but for most that is the reality of it no matter hard we try. One Colorado medical marijuana grower learned this lesson the hard way and now he's headed for prison.

29-year-old Ryan Bailey left his job in Chicago as mortgage broker and moved to Colorado to grow marijuana for licensed marijuana dispensaries. One of his customers being his wife who operated a licensed marijuana dispensary in Denver. It was a good honest plan, until Bailey allegedly used his situation for criminal activities.

Ryan Bailey was arrested last year for illegally growing several hundred marijuana plants in a warehouse outside of Denver. This while still awaiting trail for an arrest where he was busted growing 30 illegal cannabis plants just months prior. Bailey's grow operations were illegally founded and were not operating with-in the law police say.

Bailey was also arrested in 2010 in Chicago during a raid were he was found holding a large bag of marijuana. Apparently Bailey allegedly mailed a shipment of 42 pounds of packaged marijuana worth more than $300,000 to a home in Chicago on the 5100 block of North La Crosse. The box was shipped through the United Parcel Service and was delivered by an undercover police officer. Chicago Police say that once they entered the home, Bailey was sitting near the box holding a large package of marijuana. He told police he just in flew in from Colorado that morning.

It is believed that Ryan Bailey is involved in a criminal grey area medical marijuana ring that traffics high grade marijuana between California, Colorado and Chicago.

Continue reading Six years in prison for medical marijuana grower - Phoenix Cannabis Culture (http://www.examiner.com/cannabis-culture-in-phoenix/six-years-prison-for-medical-marijuana-grower#ixzz1mOooDIcG)

dannno
02-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Well he actually got busted shipping 42 lbs. to Chicago, not that there's anything wrong with that.

phill4paul
02-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Well he actually got busted shipping 42 lbs. to Chicago, not that there's anything wrong with that.

LOL.

QuickZ06
02-14-2012, 08:34 PM

Imagine if that got delivered to the wrong house......For any toker it would be like Hugh Hefner delivering some playboy bunnies to a sex addict house, EPIC times.

Indy Vidual
02-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Imagine if that got delivered to the wrong house......For any toker it would be like Hugh Hefner delivering some playboy bunnies to a sex addict house, EPIC times.

...and was delivered by an undercover police officer.
Epic bust :p

speciallyblend
02-15-2012, 05:52 AM
Well I am as pro-marijuana as you get medical or just normal use. I agree with danno we need to change laws but for someone to come to colorado and basically ignore the colorado medical marijuana laws and send that much(not personal) marijuana across a colorado border and just flat out ignore local and state laws. Gets no defense from me!

I wish it was flat out legal for sure but if you know the laws have changed and you can grow legally in colorado. Why not follow the laws until you change the laws but to try to ignore the laws and then totally ignore them is wrong on this guys part. My wife has 14 fused vertebrae and i am a caregiver but i do not send marijuana outside of the state or anywhere unless it is to me and i check local laws. cpac was a prime example for me and i did not get into any trouble colorado to dc.

This guy is not a medical marijuana grower and i think the op needs to take that part out of title asap! This has nothing to do with medical marijuana grower! If he was a legal colorado marijuana grower. Then this wouldn't be a story. He was not a medical marijuana grower in colorado by colorado law!

kezt777
02-15-2012, 08:40 AM
My friend 'K' has grown medical marijuana in colorado for several years but she said the red tape and rules are so ridiculous now, she is done when her current crop is finished. She said at first it was really good, she got to stay home with her 5 kids, her hubby is a doctor in Denver..... it was great. But she said the rules have gotten worse and worse over the years and now she cannot continue. She does not want to risk getting in trouble when she has 5 kids under the age of 14 to think about. She said that the regs are making it so hard to follow every rule precisely, it's not worth it anymore. That's her opinion, I know nothing about it lol.

speciallyblend
02-15-2012, 09:35 AM
My friend 'K' has grown medical marijuana in colorado for several years but she said the red tape and rules are so ridiculous now, she is done when her current crop is finished. She said at first it was really good, she got to stay home with her 5 kids, her hubby is a doctor in Denver..... it was great. But she said the rules have gotten worse and worse over the years and now she cannot continue. She does not want to risk getting in trouble when she has 5 kids under the age of 14 to think about. She said that the regs are making it so hard to follow every rule precisely, it's not worth it anymore. That's her opinion, I know nothing about it lol.

yep, she is spot on, they have over regulated so much, the black market is just fine with how things are going. It is pretty sad. I am a caregiver for my wife and 2 other folks. They are making rates up with excel(energy) to the point that folks are getting raped for growing legally! A reg power bill use to be around 200 but they have set the rates so now a summer bill can hit 600 bucks with no extra lighting. They figured out how to screw folks legally thru power bills and over regulating everything to do with it!

i have been weighing the option of stopping and going back to buying on the black market! Most of what i do goes right back to my wifes meds. For right now it is still cheaper to produce then buying on the black market but not by much. Most of the laws are illegally written by the co legislators since they cannot overrule the colorado constitution and its intent, but they know it takes court battles and money to prove the laws are illegal so they make them faster then you can fight them. they are over regulating it to the point of forcing everyone back to the black market. The profit to run a store is impossible now so they are pushing everyone out so the corrupt corporations can control it. It is very sad. It needs to be flat out legal no regulation anything else is just bs!

colorado law makers support drug dealers over medical patients!

Kelly.
02-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Well I am as pro-marijuana as you get medical or just normal use. I agree with danno we need to change laws but for someone to come to colorado and basically ignore the colorado medical marijuana laws and send that much(not personal) marijuana across a colorado border and just flat out ignore local and state laws. Gets no defense from me!

who was the victim?
no victim no crime?

should all laws be followed? even immoral ones?

speciallyblend
02-15-2012, 10:40 AM
who was the victim?
no victim no crime?

look i am all for legalizing but i damn sure do not grow and sell across the colorado border. I take care of my wife and 2 patients. If your in Colorado you should follow state law yes until you change it and we are working on that. He choose to cross the border. he choose to send 42 pounds not 1 ounce. He choose to ignore colorado law. If he was that concerned about it. Then he would of sold it in colorado legally and followed the growing laws. I never grew until i moved to colorado and we changed the laws and yes i /we follow the laws. He knew what the law was and decided to grow outside of it. I pay the state and follow the law. Are the laws immoral yes but does that mean you break them? that is your decision to make, though he didn't have to break them in colorado to do what he did. It was him that got greedy and decided he could get more money outside of the state for his "medical marijuana". Simple greed is what i see or he wouldn't have to send it out of state! greed is immoral and so are the laws. better to try to change the laws then ignore them and act like they are not there. I tend to lean on the change the law side before you go around breaking local,state laws and drawing attention to yourself as you send 42 pounds to chicago, nothing medical about it!

the only way this guy can be saved is to elect ron paul or change the laws! I have been busted before in virginia so i know full well about laws and immoral laws. After i got busted in virginia we changed some laws before i moved to colorado and i testified in the va general assembly! It sucked but i also learned what not to do in virginia and i took action and made changes in va and then moved west.

Working Poor
02-15-2012, 10:40 AM

Yes unless you want to go to jail. IMO the person who got busted was a real dumb @$$. I am not for the laws at all but I would say it is best to face reality and act accordingly.

oyarde
02-15-2012, 11:26 AM
To me , weed is about the same as taking the tag off your matress ,( in case anyone is wondering my tag was already missing when I came across it ;) )

Charlie Harris
02-15-2012, 11:36 AM
I feel bad for the guy. Marijuana should be legal. And i'm not just saying that because I own stock in a medical marijuana company lol.

speciallyblend
02-15-2012, 12:02 PM
this story has more merit , http://www.examiner.com/cannabis-culture-in-phoenix/a-year-prison-for-medical-marijuana-worker?CID=obinsite

e (http://www.examiner.com/cannabis-culture-in-phoenix/a-year-prison-for-medical-marijuana-worker?CID=obinsite)dit and i do feel sorry for the guy in op by the way, just nothing i can do about it except elect Ron Paul 2012!

QuickZ06
02-15-2012, 05:57 PM
hmmmm would I rather him ship 42lbs to himself or buy it from some shady dealer that gets it from the cartel/CIA? Decisions, decisions.

QuickZ06
02-15-2012, 05:59 PM
I guess some of you are forgetting the fact our VERY OWN GOVERNMENT ships opium illegally every day out of Afgan. It is all hypocritical to the max.