PDA

View Full Version : Elementary Students Already Racking Up Cafeteria Debt!!

dannno
02-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Maybe they can consolidate it with their student loans after they go to college :toady:

Students Racking Up Cafeteria Debt

Ann Dornfeld
02/10/2012

Many school districts are switching to electronic payment systems in their cafeterias. Parents can fund their kids' accounts online and even see what their kids are buying for lunch. But kids can also charge food when there's no money in their accounts. Now Seattle Public Schools is trying to collect $12,000 in unpaid lunchroom debt.

More:

http://www.kuow.org/program.php?id=25943

dannno
02-14-2012, 05:11 PM
bump

The One
02-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Learning young...

phill4paul
02-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Sigh..Grrrr..AHAAA!!!!!!..fuuuuuuuuu

I don't really know what to express over these kind of things anymore.

dannno
02-14-2012, 06:19 PM
bump

heavenlyboy34
02-14-2012, 06:35 PM
your government at work! ;)

nano1895
02-14-2012, 06:39 PM
how...

Lucille
02-14-2012, 06:57 PM
LOL...

I can't wait until this whole filthy system comes crashing down.

NidStyles
02-14-2012, 07:04 PM
A nation of people perpetually in debt is nation where one who is not in debt is suspect and possibly criminal.

aGameOfThrones
02-14-2012, 08:04 PM
My comment is in progress http://schedule.msu.edu/img/InProgress.gif

There we go... http://images.encyclopediadramatica.ch/3/38/Penguins.gif

flightlesskiwi
02-14-2012, 08:30 PM
school district where my nephew goes has been doing the electronic thing for a long time.

they do enforce a 12$ limit, and it is a very small school district.

if the student reaches that limit, they get a piece of cheese between 2 slices of white bread and some water. which is probably healthier than the school lunch offered.

publik skool rox.

donnay
02-14-2012, 08:39 PM
school district where my nephew goes has been doing the electronic thing for a long time.

they do enforce a 12$ limit, and it is a very small school district.

if the student reaches that limit, they get a piece of cheese between 2 slices of white bread and some water. which is probably healthier than the school lunch offered.

publik skool rox.

So true. My niece's school pushes the "free breakfast/lunch" program. The more children a school gets the more federal funds they get! :mad:

flightlesskiwi
02-14-2012, 08:43 PM
oh, they do that in my nephew's district.. and he's on the program. it think something like 55 or 65% of the kids are.

i never ate school lunch-- my mom always packed us a lunch until i was in high school, and then my grandparents lived in a house across the parking lot (we could leave campus) and i'd walk over there for lunch. i loved seeing my grandpa every day (except during lawn mowing season, he did that for extra money) -- and my grandparents always had good things for me to eat. :)

So true. My niece's school pushes the "free breakfast/lunch" program. The more children a school gets the more federal funds they get! :mad:

donnay
02-14-2012, 08:49 PM
oh, they do that in my nephew's district.. and he's on the program. it think something like 55 or 65% of the kids are.

i never ate school lunch-- my mom always packed us a lunch until i was in high school, and then my grandparents lived in a house across the parking lot (we could leave campus) and i'd walk over there for lunch. i loved seeing my grandpa every day (except during lawn mowing season, he did that for extra money) -- and my grandparents always had good things for me to eat. :)

My mother did the same. In High school we were one step away from maximum security prison. I hated public school!!!

tropicangela
02-14-2012, 09:25 PM
They did this last year at my kids' school, but now they don't charge the account and only serve the kids bread with cheese in it if their parents don't refill their account.