PDA

View Full Version : CPAC Boss: Jeb Bush May Be Nominee at Brokered Convention

John F Kennedy III
02-14-2012, 03:27 PM
CPAC Boss: Jeb Bush May Be Nominee at Brokered Convention

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
February 13, 2012

Is it possible Papa Bush, the head of the Bush crime family, will see another son in the Oval Office before he shuffles off the mortal coil?

http://www.barewalls.com/i/c/499538_George-Bush-Jeb-Bush-And-George-Bush-Jr--Golf.jpg

Al Cardenas, head of the American Conservative Union, seems to think so. He told Mail Online that the former Florida governor would emerge as a “possible alternative” party nominee in a brokered convention at Tampa in August. Cardenas is overseeing this year’s CPAC shindig in Washington.

“We’ll know more in the next few weeks,” said Cardenas. “The pressure’s already been on Mitt Romney to close the sale… and he hasn’t.”

A brokered convention occurs when there are not enough delegates to win primary and caucus election majorities. Thomas Dewey was the last Republican Party brokered presidential nominee in 1948. FDR was the last brokered nominee to win the presidency in 1932. There have been many conventions that came close to being brokered – in 1968, 1976, 1984 and 1988 – but did not actually come to pass.

“March 6th is really the telling date as to whether we have a chance of a brokered convention or not,” said Cardenas. “If Mitt wins Arizona and Michigan at the end of February and runs with the vast majority of delegates on March 6th, I still think he could end it early,” he told the Mail Online.

Super Tuesday is when the largest number of states hold primary elections. This year Super Tuesday falls on March 6th.

“If there’s a mixed bag, if he loses Michigan or Arizona and he wins one or two [on Super Tuesday] and the other states are spread around you might just as well get into a convention where nobody has a majority of delegates.

“And then you might see the possibility of two of the four candidates making a deal, a ticket, things of that nature. It starts getting exciting…. That’s when you start thinking of a Jeb Bush or someone like that could maybe come in as a possible alternative.”

Other dark horse candidates include Chris Christie, Mitch Daniels, or Mike Huckabee.

Jeb Bush has repeatedly stated that he will not seek the nomination. However, according to Cardinas, a dark horse would probably remain silent until summer. “They consider it destructive, they think the process should be given every chance to work itself out, that’s the honorable thing to do. People would only start jockeying around that come June if this is unsettled,” Cardenas said.

Many CPAC activists have voiced their disappointment with the current field of candidates. Not only do they not consider Romney a true conservative, they also think he doesn’t stand a chance against Obama.

Jeb Bush has not endorsed any of the candidates. The elder Bush has said he will not endorse any of the current crop, although his son, George W., favors Romney. “If Dad got behind him, that would help shut the door,” Jeb said about Romney. “But that’s just not his style.” According to the New York Times, Jeb is “troubled” by the ideological drift on the debate, especially in regard to immigration. Like any good globalist, Jeb frames the immigration issue in economic terms.

Despite the murmur and speculation about Bush and his acceptance of a presidential nomination handed down by the establishment’s Alfalfa Club a couple weeks ago, many believe he will not throw his hat into the ring until 2016. GOP mandarins, notes New York Daily News, will likely fall in line behind Mitt Romney and a brokered convention will be avoided this time around.

Many GOP activists have already conceded victory to Obama and are looking to 2016 to get another Republican in the White House. That Republican may be the younger Bush.

Bush Senior is pushing 90. Can he hang in there long enough to see a third Bush family man in the White House?

Hyperlinks in original article:
http://www.infowars.com/cpac-boss-jeb-bush-may-be-nominee-at-brokered-convention/

kathy88
02-14-2012, 03:29 PM
I would flip shit, catch a charge and spend the rest of my life in jail.

alucard13mmfmj
02-14-2012, 03:30 PM
If people say Ron -> Rand as a family dynasty... what about bush or kennedy? >.>

ctiger2
HAHAHA! Jeb will get slaughtered in the general. I'll write-in Ron Paul.

eleganz
Are these people that insane enough to think another Bush could ever take the white house again?

falconplayer11
02-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Are these people that insane enough to think another Bush could ever take the white house again?

I wouldn't put anything past the American electorate...

TheGrinch
02-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Not gonna happen. The GOP knows just as well as we do that it's suicide to go into the election with a Bush, just 4 years removed from the other one that even made a mockery of the office...

SCOTUSman
02-14-2012, 03:34 PM
LOL @ people here thinking the American voters are smart. Funny. Hilarious even. So arrogant to think that it couldn't happen and stupid. Shame on you people because if he was on the ticket, he would have a good of chance as anybody. This is America for crying out loud. They elected Obama and Bush 43 back to back. Nuf said.

sailingaway
02-14-2012, 03:37 PM
I guess they really do want to lose...

TheGrinch
02-14-2012, 03:39 PM
LOL @ people here thinking the American voters are smart. Funny. Hilarious even. So arrogant to think that it couldn't happen and stupid. Shame on you people because if he was on the ticket, he would have a good of chance as anybody. This is America for crying out loud. They elected Obama and Bush 43 back to back. Nuf said.

Yes, it's a popularity contest, but after the cost of the wars and the economy collapse right after Bush, the guy is extremely unpopular.

The GOP knows that if they roll out Jeb they lose. Yes most voters are ignorant to the issues, but they do still have perceptions, by and large negative and unfavorable about what Bush did. You don't hear other candidates saying they're going to be the next "Bush".

(ETA: is there an autocorrect here or on firefox? I frequently see my words changed lately, like unfavorable to unavailability)

Working Poor
02-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Not another Bush no way....

Blue
02-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Although most of the voters in this country are stupid, they are not stupid enough to elect another Bush.

Gravik
02-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Well people seem to think Rick Santorum is the best choice for America, so...

Jingles
02-14-2012, 03:55 PM

I think that is probably scarier than them talking about trying get another Bush as the nominee. As a Pennsylvanian, you have no idea how insane it makes me seeing this man actually gain traction. At all.

Shane Harris
02-14-2012, 03:56 PM

hold your tongue! I got -repped yesterday for insulting the intelligence of Santorum voters lol we don't want to step on anyone's toes here

RonPaul101.com
02-14-2012, 03:58 PM
A general election match up of Bush versus Obama would be the low point of our country's history, you can mark it down in stone because it would be impossible to reach lower.

I third party candidate would win in a landslide against those two microcosms of assery and fraud.

speciallyblend
02-14-2012, 04:00 PM
hold your tongue! I got -repped yesterday for insulting the intelligence of Santorum voters lol we don't want to step on anyone's toes here

i actually have a woman(might be a frothy supporter( suggesting ron paul is not pro-life and is pro-choice and will hurt women! please message me if you have a response for that? She is saying he supports legislation that is anti-life! i asked for references.

KingNothing
02-14-2012, 04:02 PM
I guess they really do want to lose...

Never trust a man named "Jeb" or a man with the last name of "Bush" or a man who looks strikingly similar to Ned Beatty.

There's no way he'd be able to beat Obama. Not a chance.

AlexMerced
02-14-2012, 04:02 PM
I know on good authority he is not interested in running, he's living a pretty good life and involved in much more fruitful projects

Shane Harris
02-14-2012, 04:03 PM
could jeb possibly be worse than santorum or gingrich? theyre all the same to me but the grinch's evil super villain deceptiveness and narcissistic egomania is very troubling and so is santy's saber-rattling jingoistic paranoia and theocratic passion for big government. they're all israel-firsters.

Okie RP fan
02-14-2012, 04:05 PM
This keeps being brought up to keep interest in all this mess.

It's also why Palin's name keeps being brought up. Palin and Bush (among others) will probably come strutting into a brokered convention wanting a piece of the action.

We need to stand firm and collect as many delegates as we can. Everyone on RPF needs to be a delegate at any and every level they can reach.

camp_steveo
Only if the GOP really wants to lose.

bobburn
LMAO. The Bush name is toxic. That would be a defeat unlike we've seen since Reagan beat Mondale. No Bush will ever be elected president again.

JamesButabi
I never even thought of the possibility of bringing in outsiders during a brokered convention. If the establishment are going to put up the likes of Jeb Bush, it surely seems like Ron Paul's counter could very well be a ......Rand Paul? Could Rand Paul potentially be the brokered convention compromise to unite the party?

devil21
02-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Even the rank-and-file GOP would flip their lids if someone that NEVER EVEN CAMPAIGNED OR WAS VETTED wins the nomination. It's a certain loss to Obama and would be the death knell of the Republican Party. Not that the globalists would mind that much....

TheGrinch
02-14-2012, 04:08 PM
could jeb possibly be worse than santorum or gingrich? theyre all the same to me but the grinch's evil super villain deceptiveness and narcissistic egomania is very troubling and so is santy's saber-rattling jingoistic paranoia and theocratic passion for big government. they're all israel-firsters.
Foreign policy-wise (and domestically when it comes to big business) none of them are any different, including Obama. They'll simply do what the powerful interests want them to do, along with taking care of themselves and their own cronies.

Only real difference between republican and democrat anymore is republicans scream "war", while democrats whisper "peace" but do it with quieter "operations" as to not look like total hypocrites of course.

Shane Harris
02-14-2012, 04:11 PM
i actually have a woman(might be a frothy supporter( suggesting ron paul is not pro-life and is pro-choice and will hurt women! please message me if you have a response for that? She is saying he supports legislation that is anti-life! i asked for references.

well Santorum basically wants to have a Constitutional amendment I think. He's part of the majority of pro-life activists waiting to change federal law rather than work through the states. Paul believes it should be a state issue because so is every other aggressive crime such as murder. every year Paul introduces a bill which would remove jurisdiction from the courts with a simple majority vote, effectively repealing Roe v Wade immediately and allowing States to write their own laws. If congress would have done this when Paul first introduced it many Pro-Life States could've banned abortions and activists could proceed to work on changing laws in the Pro-Choice States. You should tell her that Santorum does not support this more reasonable and fast acting approach and because of this millions and millions of children are not here today who would still be here if Santorum and others had voted for Paul's bill. Working through the states is not only constitutional but much faster and more effective than waiting around forever for a constitutional amendment or federal law or waiting on the courts.
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/abortion/

LibertasPraesidium
02-14-2012, 04:12 PM
I only advocate this as an option.... for a brokered convention. Would Romney really want Gingrich or Santorum? or be a Puppet to the Bush legacy. Or would he choose to take his chances with the Ron Paul crowd and accept a VP nod from our guy.?

Ron Paul / Mitt Romney 2012.... Brokered Convention. Not what we want but sometimes we have to compromise... Thats about as far as I would ever go.

Shane Harris
02-14-2012, 04:17 PM
I only advocate this as an option.... for a brokered convention. Would Romney really want Gingrich or Santorum? or be a Puppet to the Bush legacy. Or would he choose to take his chances with the Ron Paul crowd and accept a VP nod from our guy.?

Ron Paul / Mitt Romney 2012.... Brokered Convention. Not what we want but sometimes we have to compromise... Thats about as far as I would ever go.

I don't think its too paranoid to suggest that this would almost guarantee Paul's assassination

No Free Beer
02-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Wow, basically saying that all these votes don't seem to matter.

Party politics at its finest.

02-14-2012, 04:30 PM
I'd take Jeb over Santorum or Gingrich. There I said it.

02-14-2012, 04:31 PM

In this incrediblely long shot, probably not going to happen situation, I think Romney would pick Ron over Gingrich or Santorum. All signs so far point to it.

Okie RP fan
02-14-2012, 04:35 PM

I think Jeb is the most liked out of all of them. Mainly because he is more relaxed and isn't known for making a fool of himself (yet) like his brother and father were known for.

Still, he's a Bush.

mosquitobite
02-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Good grief. If we nominate & elect another Bush, we might as well just throw away our Constitution and quit pretending it matters. Might as well go back to a fricken monarchy. :rolleyes:

Rev9

anaconda
02-14-2012, 04:42 PM
http://www.barewalls.com/i/c/499538_George-Bush-Jeb-Bush-And-George-Bush-Jr--Golf.jpg

The Three Stooges. Geez what a despicable family. Bush I is high on my list of most vile men of the 20th Century. No wonder his kids are scum bags as well.

bunklocoempire
02-14-2012, 04:50 PM
What a nice Valentine's Day present for Hannity -a Lehman Brothers flavored Bush.

EDIT: http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/08/30/lehman-jebbush-idUSN3046902620070830

Aug 30 (Reuters) - Lehman Brothers has hired Jeb Bush, brother of the President of the United States, as an advisor to its private equity business, a source familiar with the situation said.

Lehman hired another relative of U.S. President George W. Bush last year--George Walker, a second cousin, who heads up the bank's asset management business.

Jeb Bush is the former governor of Florida.

Lehman Brothers declined to comment.

Miss Annie
02-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Now really, aren't the majority of the GOP and the Dems really on the same side anyway? Sometimes I don't think they care if they win or lose to Obama.
Jeb Bush = Obama anyway.

anaconda
02-14-2012, 04:53 PM

Please consider a firm "no" to all three. None are acceptable and all would be a waste of your vote. There will likely be a fine 3rd Party candidate to express your preference for with your precious vote. For example, anti-establishment candidates in 2008 included Chuck Baldwin, Cynthia McKinney, and Ralph Nader. Each pledged to audit the Fed, restore civil liberties, eliminate foreign interventionism, and address budget deficits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk2J-d6M4Vs

Phyxrgon
02-14-2012, 05:00 PM
nope, not another bush for me.

only paul.

Adam West
02-14-2012, 05:07 PM

Gawd... Get a Grip... All is not lost! lol

AngryCanadian
02-14-2012, 05:09 PM
[Other dark horse candidates include Chris Christie, Mitch Daniels, or Mike Huckabee.]

You have to be kidding me.

TheGrinch
02-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Bizarre that some here think that any GOP selection besides Paul has any effect or influence on us... We were never going to vote for any of those war-mongerers, and seriously, the GOP is NOT putting up a Bush.

BUSHLIED
02-14-2012, 05:34 PM
This is the most idiotic claim to make...JEB Bush would lose so much worst than Gingrich would. Are the establishment taking their meds.

02-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Please consider a firm "no" to all three. None are acceptable and all would be a waste of your vote. There will likely be a fine 3rd Party candidate to express your preference for with your precious vote. For example, anti-establishment candidates in 2008 included Chuck Baldwin, Cynthia McKinney, and Ralph Nader. Each pledged to audit the Fed, restore civil liberties, eliminate foreign interventionism, and address budget deficits.

Didn't say I would vote for Jeb. I just think he's better than Santorum or Gingrich. His record as Governor is better than their records as Senator and Congressman.

Luciconsort
02-14-2012, 05:49 PM

You too? I got derepped for mouthing off about Ol' Sanctimonium. what a crock!

vita3
02-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Any BUSH family member is dead-on arrival, as far as a National Election goes.

Thanks for the laugh.

tbone717
02-14-2012, 06:13 PM
I don't see it happening at all. In the case of a brokered convention (which I feel the chances of occurring are extremely small), I would expect to see the unbound delegates move to nominate someone that would have a broader appeal. If Paul has enough delegates on the floor (but not nearly enough to move him into contention for the nomination), I would suspect a name like DeMint would come forward who is far more palatable to Paul supporters than someone like Bush. If Paul does not have enough cards in the deck, then I would think Mitch Daniels or Paul Ryan would be a name that would be put forward.

osan
02-14-2012, 06:29 PM

Heh, I got the same for failing to lick the holy boots. There appear to be a few Frothy trolls in our midst.

Santorum will not be president. We will not allow him. It is Paul or Obama.

Eric39
02-14-2012, 06:31 PM
That's really funny that people think another Bush would be elected. You fool me once, shame on, shame on, well, youre not gonna fool us 3 times.

I strongly doubt that many people are going to welcome another Bush when the growing concensus is that G.Dub was one of the worst presidents ever.

ryanmkeisling
02-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Now really, aren't the majority of the GOP and the Dems really on the same side anyway? Sometimes I don't think they care if they win or lose to Obama.
Jeb Bush = Obama anyway.

This. QFT
and it doesn't matter who they nominate, without the RP contingent they will lose. Hence the phrase, NOBP.

anaconda
02-14-2012, 06:48 PM

Funny that the press won't speak of this. This is an exercise in futility for the other GOP candidates and for anyone giving any money to Mittens, Frothy, or Newt. I think Mitt is simply doing a favor for the power brokers in running this fake dog-and-pony show. Will be interesting to see what Mitt's payoff is down the road.

anaconda
02-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Jeb Bush = Obama anyway.

Spot on. They don't care. The GOP party elites probably care somewhat because it's more fun to be "in power." More Washington parties, perks, etc. But they are flunkies compared to the real puppet masters to whom it doesn't matter. So long as their central bank-warfare model of government is preserved.

John F Kennedy III
02-15-2012, 03:44 AM

+ rep

John F Kennedy III
02-15-2012, 03:48 AM
I never even thought of the possibility of bringing in outsiders during a brokered convention. If the establishment are going to put up the likes of Jeb Bush, it surely seems like Ron Paul's counter could very well be a ......Rand Paul? Could Rand Paul potentially be the brokered convention compromise to unite the party?

That would be so badass :D

Brian4Liberty
02-15-2012, 03:52 AM
No neo-conservatives will get our vote. Doesn't matter if it is a Santorum, Gingrich, Bush or Rubio.

John F Kennedy III
02-15-2012, 03:53 AM
I don't think its too paranoid to suggest that this would almost guarantee Paul's assassination

It's not even a question. It's exactly what would happen. Mostly likely at the inaguration.

John F Kennedy III
02-15-2012, 03:57 AM
This is the most idiotic claim to make...JEB Bush would lose so much worst than Gingrich would. Are the establishment taking their meds.

They are taking their meds. That's the problem.

Rev9

John F Kennedy III
02-15-2012, 04:01 AM
Spot on. They don't care. The GOP party elites probably care somewhat because it's more fun to be "in power." More Washington parties, perks, etc. But they are flunkies compared to the real puppet masters to whom it doesn't matter. So long as their central bank-warfare model of government is preserved.

+ rep

devil21
02-15-2012, 04:34 AM
Heh, I got the same for failing to lick the holy boots. There appear to be a few Frothy trolls in our midst.

Feel free to tell us who the Santorum trolls are if you get -rep over anti comments.

speciallyblend
02-15-2012, 05:35 AM
That would be so badass :D

It would be the only way i would support a ticket Paul/Paul!!!!

Paul Or Nothing II
02-15-2012, 05:46 AM

Tell her that if Paul isn't the nominee then Obama will be re-elected because Paul-supporters WON'T vote GOP, which means that if Paul isn't the nominee then it's like re-electing Obama period - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_p residential_election,_2012#Three-way_race

As for his opinion on abortion, here's a nice 3-minute video that explains very clearly (consider what he says near the end about overcoming Roe Vs Wade) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cypg0Qvh__8

We need to stand firm and collect as many delegates as we can. Everyone on RPF needs to be a delegate at any and every level they can reach.

^^^

Have you seen our "no compromises" ad yet? We DON'T compromise, it's Paul or nothing!

Do you really want to see Ron dead so badly? :(

Sometimes I don't think they care if they win or lose to Obama.
Jeb Bush = Obama anyway.

But the GOP voters DO care & they're going like "anyone but Obama" so we must present Ron as the ONLY alternative to Obama as he's the ONLY one who can attract enough Indies & Dems to beat Obama as well as challenge him on foreign-policy, economy, civil liberties & so on

Plus, it's basically either Paul or Obama because if Paul isn't the nominee then Paul-supporters will NOT GOP & that'll ensure an Obama victory & its only when this

This. QFT
and it doesn't matter who they nominate, without the RP contingent they will lose. Hence the phrase, NOBP.

[B]Other dark horse candidates include Chris Christie, Mitch Daniels, or Mike Huckabee.

I've heard that Mitch Daniels is very libertarian & has done a lot of libertarian things in his state as Governor so shouldn't we be trying to snap him off the shelf while we can as the VP, it might help us with the "mainstream GOP", especially if we're not going to go with Rand!