PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Massie Campaign Office Grand Opening

Jeremy
02-14-2012, 02:59 PM
http://www.facebook.com/events/107616056032633/

Florence, Kentucky – The Thomas Massie for Congress Campaign is announcing the grand opening of its Northern Kentucky campaign headquarters located in Florence.

A grand opening celebration for the new office will take place on Saturday, February 18th, at the headquarters located at 267 Main Street in Florence.

The event will be from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm and Thomas will be on hand to meet voters and answer questions. There will also be free refreshments for those in attendance. Please join us as we officially kick off the Thomas Massie Campaign for the 4th District Congressional Seat.

samforpaul
02-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Bump!

RipperNT
02-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Impressive turnout and allot of enthusiasm. Hope to hear more on freedom and liberty in the future.

samforpaul
02-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Was there any media coverage there?

RipperNT
02-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Say a little over 80 people total. There was a reporter (forgot the paper), two videographers making a documentary, and a photographer. No, local affiliates but I could have missed them. Seemed to be very happy that allot of the grassroots from Rand Paul's campaign were there and was some youth people wearing Ron Paul gear.

samforpaul
03-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Just giving a bump. N. Kentuckians take note of the address. Hopefully you or someone you know can come in and get campaign supplies to put to good use.

267 Main Street in Florence

Sola_Fide
04-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Was there any media coverage there?

http://thejournalnewsky.com/article/Local_News/Feature_Stories/Congressional_Candidate_Thomas_Massie_Opens_Floren ce_Campaign_Headquarters/24125

CONGRESSIONAL CANDIDATE THOMAS MASSIE OPENS FLORENCE CAMPAIGN HEADQUARTERS

Congressional candidate Thomas Massie greeted around 100 supporters at the grand opening of his Florence campaign headquarters Saturday, February 18 th . He spoke to the crowd for about ten minutes outlining his platform, and he then greeted supporters individually to discuss issues and answer questions.

Massie began his speech by thanking those in attendance as well as his wife Rhonda for her support. He opened with a few lighthearted jokes, one of which addressed his notably youthful appearance. He related that he was out campaigning recently and as he was helping a woman with her groceries, she asked him, “Does your mother know you’re doing this?” Massie replied by asking, “Do you know my mom?” She responded, “No, but you don’t look old enough to vote.”

Massie then turned to the more serious campaign matters and revved up his followers with the reminder that he can achieve a majority vote with a great ground game from his supporters - alluding to the ground support that helped lead Senator Rand Paul to a decisive victory over Attorney General Jack Conway. Massie’s supporters, some of whom had begun the day’s events by waving signs to passersby, indicated their agreement with cheers and clapping.

Of his platform, Massie discussed the national debt and his goal of helping to balance the budget. He asked the audience, “Which part of the United States do you want to give to China to pay off our national debt?” He paused a moment and then added to laughs from the crowd, “This is where you say California.”

Florence resident Steve Vaughn said that he has supported Thomas Massie since hearing him speak about three weeks ago. “He doesn’t owe anybody any favors. He wants to fix what’s wrong.” Hank Adams from Burlington didn’t know much about Massie, so he came out to learn more about him. He said that he likes that Massie is fiscally conservative.

Nick Edwards, a student at NKU, said of his support, “I like liberty and I like the Constitution. I took an oath to the Constitution when I was in the Marine Corps, and I want someone to go into office that will honor that oath just as I did.” Josh Collins of Walton said, “I’m young and I’m concerned about our debt and our liberties. For the last 50 years, politicians have forgotten about our rights like privacy and liberty.” Judy Klette of Florence added that she is concerned about debt for her grandchildren and great grandchildren. “Our debt is out of sight.”

Massie drew supporters from outside Kentucky as well. Jacob Gurley from Indiana explained why he came out to show his support. “I just think anytime we can get someone who honors the Constitution, it’s a good thing.”

Phyllis Sparks who helped organize the campaign headquarters opening discussed the turnout. “I cannot be more pleased with the turnout today and the supporters coming out to help kick off his campaign.” She discussed Massie’s appeal and his ability to draw crowds. “He’s appealing to all socioeconomic backgrounds, all groups of people. They just really like him.” Massie added his own impressions of the crowd. “I’m impressed, flattered really. There are a lot of familiar faces here. They helped Rand get elected.”

Massie, in completing his speech, discussed his secret weapons of liberty, freedom, and the pursuit of happiness. “We are not forgetting these things! We are going to win one for freedom and liberty as well!”