PDA

View Full Version : I Just Registered To Vote In Massachusetts! Mod note-you must reg GOP 2 caucus 4 delegates

No Free Beer
02-14-2012, 02:53 PM
I am proud to say that I just registered in Massachusetts as an independent right before the deadline of Feb 15. I will now use my knowledge and hand to bubble in...

http://i44.tinypic.com/2vumyc0.jpg

RON PAUL!!!!

I am so excited and for the first time in my life to have the honor of voting for him.

I cannot wait...

Edit Title: I will go tomorrow to change my "independent" to "Republican" so I can become a delegate.

tsai3904
02-14-2012, 02:55 PM
If you want to be involved in the delegate process, you must be a registered Republican.

No Free Beer
02-14-2012, 02:56 PM
how do i do this? can I still do this?

bronxboy10
02-14-2012, 02:56 PM
I am proud to say that I just registered in Massachusetts as an independent right before the deadline of Feb 15. I will now use my knowledge and hand to bubble in...

http://i44.tinypic.com/2vumyc0.jpg

RON PAUL!!!!

I am so excited and for the first time in my life to have the honor of voting for him.

I cannot wait...

You need to register Republican to participate in the Massachusetts Caucus.

Republicans and Independents can participate in the primary.

ONLY Republicans can register and participate in the party caucus.

bronxboy10
02-14-2012, 02:57 PM
how do i do this? can I still do this?

Go to your town/city hall and fill out a voter registration form. It takes less than 3 minutes and no form of identification is required.

You have till tomorrow night to register. I BELIEVE Boston City Hall said they will be open until 9 PM on Wednesday, but I would call them to confirm.

No Free Beer
02-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Go to your town/city hall and fill out a voter registration form. It takes less than 3 minutes and no form of identification is required.

You have till tomorrow night to register. I BELIEVE Boston City Hall said they will be open until 9 PM on Wednesday, but I would call them to confirm.

I just did this, but I registered as an independent. Can I still become a delegate though? If I go back and change it...

bronxboy10
I just did this, but I registered as an independent. Can I still become a delegate though?

No, you need to register Republican to become a delegate.

sailingaway
If you want to be involved in the delegate process, you must be a registered Republican.

this

tsai3904
02-14-2012, 02:59 PM
I just did this, but I registered as an independent. Can I still become a delegate though? If I go back and change it...

Yes, if you re-register as a Republican before tomorrow night, you can be involved in the delegate process. Go back to where you registered and tell them that you would like to re-register as a Republican.

No Free Beer
02-14-2012, 02:59 PM
So, once I switch, I can then become a delegate? It's not too late to become a delegate?

No Free Beer
02-14-2012, 03:00 PM
If you re-register as a Republican, you can be involved in the delegate process. Go back to where you registered and tell them that you would like to re-register as a Republican.

Sounds good. I am leaving now...

tsai3904
02-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Sounds good. I am leaving now...

You should make sure to tell them that you registered as an Independent today and want to re-register as a Republican. Because you will be registering twice today, they might not know which one came first. They might process your Republican registration first and then change it to Independent.

sailingaway
02-14-2012, 03:05 PM
You should make sure to tell them that you registered as an Independent today and want to re-register as a Republican. Because you will be registering twice today, they might not know which one came first. They might process your Republican registration first and then change it to Independent.

good point. And save your receipts.

No Free Beer
02-14-2012, 03:06 PM

On the phone right now. Thanks guys!!!

bronxboy10
02-14-2012, 03:08 PM

Always good to cover your bases. When I went yesterday to register @ Boston City Hall, they stamped my carbon copy with the date and time it was received, so even if you switched from indy-republican the same day, there will not be any issues.

No Free Beer
02-14-2012, 03:09 PM
good point. And save your receipts.

Yeah, I have it right next to me...

bobburn
02-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Way to go! I'm glad you're (re)registering as a Republican! Help us win this thing.

No Free Beer
02-14-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm new to Mass. How does this work? I thought it was a primary?

sailingaway
02-14-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm new to Mass. How does this work? I thought it was a primary?

lots of places have a vote first, then a caucus and the caucus is what matters for delegates. sounds like that may be how it is there.

No Free Beer
02-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Oh, alright. Well, good to know.

It is funny though... I asked one of the ladies who worked, whether it was a primary or caucus...she said "primary" with no mention of a caucus.

Oh well, glad to know what is going on.

I will be ready!