PDA

View Full Version : How in the HELL did this election turn into an ABORTION DEBATE?

wgadget
02-14-2012, 09:21 AM
The economy is about to fall off a global cliff, and this is it?

I am despondent. :confused:

LibertyEagle
02-14-2012, 09:24 AM
http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/catholics-vow-war-with-obama-on-abortion-pills/

It can easily turnaround. But, for now, it is something they can put their arms around. Think of why so many went for Cain's 9-9-9 plan. They thought they understood it.

Conservatives are still not hearing conservative talking points from Dr. Paul. They still want a Reagan. It's there for the taking.

ConCap
02-14-2012, 09:36 AM
THE PRO CHOICE ISSUE WAS INITIATED WAY BACK BY THE LEFT WING TO SPLIT THE RIGHT.

THIS IS THE ONLY REASON IT IS AN ISSUE ON THE FEDERAL LEVEL.

CaptUSA
02-14-2012, 09:41 AM
It's not even abortion. It's government mandating that insurance companies provide birth control.

And they get all riled up because of what "Obama" wants to do and how he's overstepping the bounds of government.

Really?! The whole damned premise is overstepping the bounds! IF you think government can mandate that any business or organization can do anything except live up to their contracts and not harm individuals, then you have already lost! Now, you are just arguing about what you want the government to mandate and not if they should be able to mandate at all!

I guess it makes for good TV. It's the only rationale I can find.

When this issue is the only major difference between the two parties, you know there really aren't two parties.

MGee
02-14-2012, 10:19 AM
http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/catholics-vow-war-with-obama-on-abortion-pills/

It can easily turnaround. But, for now, it is something they can put their arms around. Think of why so many went for Cain's 9-9-9 plan. They thought they understood it.

Conservatives are still not hearing conservative talking points from Dr. Paul. They still want a Reagan. It's there for the taking.

Well, if you are on the pro-life side (that is, the only intellectually and morally justifiable side) then you understand that abortion is the murder of children. It's kind of hard to make too big a deal out of it. The economy is important but, no, it's not more important than protecting the innocent. If you fail to see that then I don't know what to tell you. I'm convinced many people have a vacuous hole inside them where their mind and soul used to be.

specsaregood
02-14-2012, 10:22 AM
It's kind of hard to make too big a deal out of it. The economy is important but, no, it's not more important than protecting the innocent.

Except the president has no role in the abortion debate other than a bully pulpit.

MGee
02-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Well even that role is an important one. Maybe if there were more leaders being vocal on the issue we wouldn't have so many brain dead dopes running around spewing nonsense about how abortion is a natural right. That said, the president's job is to uphold the constitution. Abortion was imposed on the nation by completely perverting the constitution, as such the president does have a role. He has a role in all matters relating to the constitution. If he will not do all he legally can to protect both the constitution and innocent life, he serves no purpose.

gerryb
02-14-2012, 10:30 AM
I don't know... Ask Gary Johnson

The daylight between Paul and Johnson
By Maggie Haberman |
2/8/12 10:52 PM EST

Gary Johnson, plugging away in his bid to become a third-party candidate on the Libertarian line, is laying out the differences between himself and Ron Paul, who has not definitively ruled out a third-party bid of his own and whose following would dovetail with people seeking an alternative, singling out abortion, treating Israel as an "important ally" and believing in marriage equality.

"I support a woman's right to choose," Johnson said this week. "I do believe that Israel is an important ally and will remain so in the future...I do believe in marriage equality."

"I think those are the differences," he said. "For the most part, though, I think we are saying the same things. And I don't think he's going to win the Republican nomination and so being a spokesman for this agenda and these issues, i believe that continuing to talk about them is important."

Where Paul's followers go when the nomination fight is over - and assuming, as many do, that he opts against a third-party run of his own - is an open question. Even with his poorer-than-expected showings in some of the caucus contests, he's the closest thing to a movement candidate this cycle.

Check out the blog

Paid for by Gary Johnson 2012
Contributions or gifts to Gary Johnson 2012 are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes.

oyarde
02-14-2012, 10:32 AM
I do not know , make it stop please . The Dems purposely made this about birth control to spin Santorum as a nut if he overtakes Romney . Screw dems and the bullshit , make them talk about debt , deficits , budgets

tfurrh
02-14-2012, 10:36 AM
They can't stand the glaring hypocrisy of saying 'This election is all about the economy' and not giving their vote to Dr. Paul.

Sola_Fide
02-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Even long time Christian grassroots activists (the ones I follow anyway) are saying that the debt is a more pressing issue than abortion:

http://godshammer.wordpress.com/2012/02/12/still-on-the-fence/

cajuncocoa
02-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Because it distracts everyone from issues that are more important, and for which electing Ron Paul would actually make a difference.

cajuncocoa
02-14-2012, 10:52 AM
The two Big-Politics parties just use issues like this in order to divide us. Do they really ever do anything about it? Of course not.

Repubs had all 3 branches of government for most of W's administration. One would think abortion would have been made illegal during that time if it was really so important to them. Of course, going to war was much more important to the "pro-life" W administration. :rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
02-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Well, if you are on the pro-life side (that is, the only intellectually and morally justifiable side) then you understand that abortion is the murder of children. It's kind of hard to make too big a deal out of it. The economy is important but, no, it's not more important than protecting the innocent. If you fail to see that then I don't know what to tell you. I'm convinced many people have a vacuous hole inside them where their mind and soul used to be.

This is not about abortion. It is about the government mandating that all organizations, including religious ones, pay for birth control. ie. the 1st amendment

By the way, I am pro-life, but many of the same people who are having a heart murmur over this don't seem to mind if the rest of the Constitution is stomped into the dirt. Nor, do they seem to care about innocent life if it is located anywhere but the U.S. I find it rather hypocritical.

oyarde
02-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Even long time Christian grassroots activists (the ones I follow anyway) are saying that the debt is a more pressing issue than abortion:

http://godshammer.wordpress.com/2012/02/12/still-on-the-fence/ Yep , pretty soon the other things will not be up for debate.

Peace&Freedom
02-14-2012, 11:15 AM
The two parties both jumped into the contraception issue to finally break the stranglehold Paul has had over the political issues over the last six months. Paul was able to use the endless debates and the primary race to inject the more urgent issues of imminent economic collapse, new wars without end, NDAA and other disasterous assaults on civil liberties, etc., that shattered and exposed the two-party paradigm. Now that the MSM think they have neutralized him, it's back to the wedge issues, to distract the public back into the duopoly system.

The irony is, abortion, religious freedom, not forcing birth control on insurers, et al are significant issues, but the GOP leadership is not authentically committed to them, just in stoking the social issues fire to polarize the electorate through election day, after which they will go back to doing nothing on any of those fronts. Meanwhile the social left is smirking over the fight they've picked with Catholic institutions in an election year, while blaming the right for also gleefully jumping into the faux fight. It's all just to provide fodder for "end of the world" fundraising letters on both sides, that describe the other major party in demonic terms.

MsDoodahs
02-14-2012, 11:17 AM
THE PRO CHOICE ISSUE WAS INITIATED WAY BACK BY THE LEFT WING TO SPLIT THE RIGHT.

THIS IS THE ONLY REASON IT IS AN ISSUE ON THE FEDERAL LEVEL.

This.

Jingles
02-14-2012, 11:28 AM
I just think the average Republican voter just doesn't get it. I don't know why the right tends to be so focused on these stupid social issues. This is why government is never reduced in size because the people keep electing officials for stupid reasons. "Someone's gay!? OMG!" Who cares!!

16 trillion in debt and the fed should be a much more pressing matter for everything than abortion or something.

Brian4Liberty
02-14-2012, 11:36 AM
It's red! It's smelly! You know you want to chase it!

Brian4Liberty
02-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Because it distracts everyone from issues that are more important, and for which electing Ron Paul would actually make a difference.

Illegally destroying the Constitution? Economic collapse? Your tax money being wasted on wholesale destruction (wars and bombs and dead women and children in foreign lands)? Massive fraud and theft on Wall St? Crony corporate corruption? Monetary incompetence? Complete disregard for the rule of law at all levels?

Those are not important issues!

If healthcare providers make rubbers available as an option, the end of the world will be next! Do you know how expensive rubbers are? It will break our economy and destroy our rights!

Simple
02-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Liberty, peace, and prosperity,...because I don't want to spend the next 30 years arguing about gay marriage and abortion, I want to see us move forward.

wgadget
02-14-2012, 01:02 PM
To me, it's interesting that the right has been painting ROMNEY on the wrong side of this, bringing up how he's just like Obama as per abortion and contraception go...But if you parse it out, it seems to me that Romney was acting as a governor of a STATE, unlike OBAMA, who is forcing it all on the entire NATION. The right is also using the issue to paint Romney as a flip-flopper...Although they don't ever say that a person can be personally PRO-LIFE (like Ron), yet also PRO-STATES' RIGHTS TO CHOOSE their own way. I think if they admitted this, Romney AND Ron Paul would be given more credence. Unfortunately, nanny-state big government theocrat Santorum ends up on the winning end of this.

It's really about the CONSTITUTION, but no one wants to give the CONSTITUTION its due, except for Ron Paul.

If Romney was smart, he'd side with Ron on this issue outright. And who knows, maybe this is the essence of the supposed Romney/Paul "alliance."

swiftfoxmark2
02-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Abortion comes up when the political class want a distraction from the real issues or have nothing else to debate.

cheapseats
02-14-2012, 02:36 PM
The economy is about to fall off a global cliff, and this is it?

AGAIN?!

STILL?!

soulcyon
02-14-2012, 02:39 PM
my opinion: obama brags about 1% increase in employment rates over 2 years, and everybody throws a party + forgets about our economy problems and wars.

mainstream media tryna push Santorum and his religious crap too

Anti Federalist
02-14-2012, 03:05 PM

Thread winner.

DamianTV
02-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Abortion is frequently a very Hot Topic because of the ammt of contraversy it stirs up. The MSM goes after it because it generates Ratings for them. The result of that is Distraction. Distraction and Guilt are two of the most powerful tools that anyone can use to influence public opinion.

What bothers me is why people think they have a Right to tell a person what they can do with their own body, whether it is murder or not, it should not be for anyone to decide for anyone else. To do so deforms the very definition of Right into being exactly the opposite of its intended meaning. The end result is Population Control in a Morally Corrupt Society.