PDA

View Full Version : Why no county by county results for the Maine map during the caucus? (Google)

123tim
02-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Has anyone come up with a good answer as to why the Google map for the Maine Caucus was just a single block without county by county results?

Perhaps it was just a coincidence, but it still seemed like quite a good piece of psychological warfare.

One minute I'm watching the Maine caucus spreadsheet showing Ron Paul as winning. The spreadsheet then locks up for the rest of the night and then I find Google saying that the election is over and that Mitt Romney has won, Google shows a huge green block that made it look like Romney was the only one who got any votes. No counties for Ron Paul at all. Not even the outline of any counties.

Maybe this has a simple explanation? Too few votes expected to mess around with counties?

I still wonder about the spreadsheet too.... just like Nevada, Ron Paul was far ahead, followed by lockup, and then a loss.

On another note, I read that the Nevada spreadsheet stopped reporting because of a lack of interest in it. That explanation makes no sense, but even then, this explanation would have been wrong - the sheet went into "simple mode" due to heavy traffic, about an hour after it was posted.

parocks
02-15-2012, 02:08 AM
You weren't paying really close attention to what was actually going on.

The spreadsheet was of no value for what you were using it for. The results you were seeing came from random people on the ground.
About google, I have no idea. When Charlie Webster provided the "final results" he provided them statewide with no county breakdown. Google just probably took them as they got them.

The state has released the town by town numbers. There are lots of errors there, of all types.

BUSHLIED
02-15-2012, 02:53 AM
if you look at how the 08 results were reported on cnn election center they didnt even have a map of the counties...I guess they don't do this for Maine. I wonder why?

RonPaul101.com
02-17-2012, 08:47 AM
That would only make it harder to cheat. Google and HuffPo even had a county results map for Missouri's meaningless primary results. Maine is the first state not to get transparency, but I wouldn't rule out similar BS in Washington state if that contest is close.

FarSide
02-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Maybe it's been explained on here, but I haven't seen it yet - how could the campaign get the results of Washington County from 2008 so wrong? RP didn't win - or get many votes at all - last time around, yet they were saying for so long how it was so strong for them.

Keith and stuff
02-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Because no one knows what the results are. Oh, and the voting isn't over.