PDA

View Full Version : Ron's confidence and the next debate?

ronpaulyourmom
11-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Do you think Ron is feeling a lot more confident about himself now that the fundraising is strong, the polls are climbing, etc...?

Do you think this is showing through in his demeanor? How will this impact him in the next debate, if at all?

justinc.1089
11-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Yeah its showing through a LOT in the way he acts now. He is a lot bolder with people giving him crap, and he is a lot more confident and a lot more excited. I mean he couldn't stop smiling when he was on tv on the 6th lol.

constitutional
11-12-2007, 08:59 PM
The other candidates will be probably well rehearsed to attack Dr. Paul in the next debate. After all, Dr. Paul has stolen headlines from them past week.

Maybe they will be smart enough to not attack him. After all, Ron Paul has kept anti-war republicans from defecting to the Democratic party.

quickmike
11-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Do you think Ron is feeling a lot more confident about himself now that the fundraising is strong, the polls are climbing, etc...?

Do you think this is showing through in his demeanor? How will this impact him in the next debate, if at all?

If anything, he seems to come off more relaxed and confident with his answers when being interviewed. I dont know if that will translate well in a debate though. The problem with debates is that Ron's explanations cant be summed up in a soundbyte like Romney's stupid "rolling hills and streams...... USA number one" answers on the issues. I think he will still try and rush things, and you cant blame him for that when the answers hes trying to give take more than 30 seconds to explain. The best thing he can do is just take his time and go over his 30 second time limit and MAKE the moderator cut him off.

ItsTime
11-12-2007, 09:00 PM
every interview after the 5th he has been AMAZING. so calm so collected

bp2519
11-12-2007, 09:04 PM
I was watching interviews from February and June with Ron Paul and you can tell his demeanour was very sombre... you have to feel for him he's been fighting for us for so long and it just looked it was taking a toll on him. But now that he sees he has our support he feels rejuvenated. I only expect his confidence to grow and truly believe he can be the best leader this country has ever had.

Midnight77
11-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Not to be a downer here, but I think his demeanor has gotten more sombre as of late. I don't see the same fire in him I saw 2 or 3 debates ago, for instance. While still coming off okay, his performance at the last 2 debates have gone down from the New Hampshire Debate, which I think was his best one. The CNN one was pretty good, as well.

That's also the impression I get when I see him in interviews as of late. He comes off very well, but I am not seeing that confidence in him, especially when people ask him if he can honestly win. He should feel on top of the World at this point. I'm sure the Campaign is taking a large toll on him.

rasheedwallace
11-12-2007, 09:49 PM
he hasn't changed at all. same message, posture, tone...

i don't see this changing. there are a few things i hope he improves though.

0zzy
11-12-2007, 09:52 PM
He needs to be more confident when asked "do you think he can win?" Other than that he'll do good or better.