PDA

View Full Version : We Better Break Make this Money bomb successful!

michaelwise
02-14-2012, 01:33 AM
Please Don't Ban Me.

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your generous contribution toward my campaign to win the White House and Restore America Now.

With your support, I secured a strong top-tier finish in Iowa and an historic second place in New Hampshire. In Iowa, we more than doubled our vote total from 2008. We more than tripled our 2008 total in New Hampshire, and we quadrupled it in South Carolina.

These results make it clear that I am the only candidate with the resources, volunteers, and organization to compete nationwide and stand as the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney.

This is only possible thanks to you and thousands of other grassroots Patriots all across the nation.

The American people – not the establishment media – will decide who the Republican Party will nominate.

Your donation allows us to continue directly reaching millions of voters in the rest of the key early states with the truth about my consistent conservative record.

Your support also enables us to get the word out about my "Plan to Restore America," which cuts $1 trillion from the federal budget in the first year of my presidency, abolishes five federal agencies, and delivers a fully balanced budget by year three.

Our nation can no longer afford politicians who would rather play games with the American people than get serious about implementing the fundamental changes necessary to get our country back on track.

Thank you again for everything you do to help me win this race!

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

Here are your transaction details:
Donation amount: $50.00

Have a nice day.

WD-NY
02-14-2012, 01:39 AM
Nice to see they're making using the confirmation email -

Only thing it's missing is a request to "please tell your friends & family about today's money bomb" at the top of the message IN BOLD!

SCOTUSman
02-14-2012, 01:42 AM
Ummm well the pace it is going, we are lucky to hit 1 million in 24 hours...

joshnorris14
02-14-2012, 01:48 AM
If I signed a $4 million check to the campaign, we still wouldn't hit $5 million.

michaelwise
02-14-2012, 01:58 AM
I think the world just needs to go into a maintenance phase.

The planet doesn't need anymore growth.

thelaibon
02-14-2012, 02:05 AM
Ummm well the pace it is going, we are lucky to hit 1 million in 24 hours...
I'd be satisfied with half a million by morning. Everyone's sleeping!

rp2012win
02-14-2012, 02:30 AM
how did he get 6 million in one day

michaelwise
02-14-2012, 02:30 AM
If they would just change the word "Chemtrails" to "Chemical Trails", I'd bet they'd win their argument over night.

Mckarnin
02-14-2012, 02:34 AM

$6 million days were from back when we did less fundraising early in the campaign and then went all out for November 5th and Tea Party. This time around it's been more steady money coming in smaller chunks. Also the economy is crappy.

angelatc
02-14-2012, 02:42 AM

It was a lot different. It was earlier in the season, so we hadn't started losing yet. The economy was better, and we didn't have a money bomb every month, either. Plus the grassroots was a lot more excited then, I think.

Mckarnin
02-14-2012, 02:43 AM
We'll probably get to around $1.5 unless this goes completely viral later today and a lot of people have some $ kicking around.

SCOTUSman
02-14-2012, 02:56 AM
It was a lot different. It was earlier in the season, so we hadn't started losing yet. The economy was better, and we didn't have a money bomb every month, either. Plus the grassroots was a lot more excited then, I think.

We have a lot more supporters now...we never got close to it. People are not being as generous.

michaelwise
02-14-2012, 03:07 AM
Why doesn't anybody make an epic motion picture of the Dot-Com bubble bust?

angelatc
02-14-2012, 03:10 AM
We have a lot more supporters now...we never got close to it. People are not being as generous.

We have a lot more voters, which is by far more important. And they probably had a lot more donors assuming that carries over.

But last time around, the forums would get so busy that the topics literally scrolled off the page before you could read more than 1 thread. The most users ever on at once was 4009, iirc. We never got close to that this time. The support on the internet diminshed, while the support in the real world has grown.

And yeah, people aren't as generous. The state of the economy is one reason for that, but there are others.

joshnorris14
02-14-2012, 03:16 AM
We have a lot more voters, which is by far more important. And they probably had a lot more donors assuming that carries over.

But last time around, the forums would get so busy that the topics literally scrolled off the page before you could read more than 1 thread. The most users ever on at once was 4009, iirc. We never got close to that this time. The support on the internet diminshed, while the support in the real world has grown.

And yeah, people aren't as generous. The state of the economy is one reason for that, but there are others.

People aren't as motivated... There was something to prove last time... Not to mention the theme of the November 5th moneybomb and the Tea Party Moneybomb's were much better than the ones we've had this time around.

libertarian4321
02-14-2012, 03:17 AM
$6 million days were from back when we did less fundraising early in the campaign and then went all out for November 5th and Tea Party. This time around it's been more steady money coming in smaller chunks. Also the economy is crappy.

Yup.

Last time, we only had a total of around 4 money bombs. This time, we've had what, 10? Plus, the two big ones (Nov 5 and Dec 16) were before the economy tanked.

So of course we get far less this time around.

Still, the money bombs do help. Even if we only hit $800k or so, that's still a good chunk of cash to help the campaign moving along.

SCOTUSman
02-14-2012, 03:26 AM

Very good points. And the state of the economy is a big deal. But hard to believe it cancels out all the new donors and then some. Also, that number you give does tell a lot. Less enthusiasm on the forums....and the internet at least in numbers.

I just find it annoying here that so many people are criticizing people for giving up hope, being negative, being trolls, etc, etc, etc. and these same people don't donate a penny to the campaign themselves. People nee to put their money where there mouth is. Sacrifice a little. I've given up a couple of things to donate to the campaign regularly. If people have high speed internet and a computer...I'm sure they can find a way to give a couple of bucks...and yes I mean literally a couple of bucks.

idiom
02-14-2012, 03:31 AM
Also for this one you gotta pick between supporting Ron Paul and possibly getting lucky.

The_Ruffneck
02-14-2012, 03:48 AM

I disagree with the support on the internet diminishing , it is far greater than last time.
Thing is though forums are now seen as old fashioned , alot of discussions , messaging etc is now done on facebook/twitter instead.
Forums dropping in popularity is common all over the web right now , i had a forum i have been visiting the past 7 years close down a couple months back.

http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/design/are-forums-dying/

anewvoice
02-14-2012, 07:23 AM
We know and the campaign knows, this will be a normal smaller moneybomb. Maybe 500k, maybe 1M but not an enormous one. But do not despair, at this time last year the shock of "not winning Iowa" had thrown many supporters into a depressed state.

Some perspective - We are recognized as representing 20-25% of the GOP now. In 2008 the ignored, in 2012 they are attacking. Then we win? Certainly, but not in 1 day, 1 month or 1 year, this is the fight of our generation, to pull back the harm done over a century!

So keep it together!

A. Havnes
02-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Bump. However, I don't see this as a huge moneybomb. I'd love to have huge moneybombs again, but they've been spread too far out for that, and I think there's quite a bit of disenfranchisement going around. Also, it seems that people are still sore from losing in 2008.

tbone717
02-14-2012, 07:41 AM
We know and the campaign knows, this will be a normal smaller moneybomb. Maybe 500k, maybe 1M but not an enormous one. But do not despair, at this time last year the shock of "not winning Iowa" had thrown many supporters into a depressed state.

Some perspective - We are recognized as representing 20-25% of the GOP now. In 2008 the ignored, in 2012 they are attacking. Then we win? Certainly, but not in 1 day, 1 month or 1 year, this is the fight of our generation, to pull back the harm done over a century!

So keep it together!

This number is way overblown. We have averaged 17.66% of the vote in the nine states that voted. We are polling nationally at 12% of likely primary voters. Primary/caucus voters make up less than 10% of total party members. So in reality we have somewhere between 12 and 17% support among likely primary voters. That does not equate to representing 20-25% of the party.

walt
02-14-2012, 08:01 AM

At one time millions of Americans believed Ron Paul wanted to run a campaign to with the White House with a competent campaign staff. At this time he openly discussed controversial things such as the FDA, TSA, 9/11 and prosperity for people. Then we learned the money was used not for that purpose but to fund Campaign for Liberty, so that jobs could be created for certain members Ron Paul's staff year-round. Many people have never forgiven that breach of trust and aren't participating in the campaign this time around. I've tried to look past it for the cause of the greater good, but the reality is this campaign should have more urgency about changing the status quo. It appears not to have it. Heck they didn't even promote this moneybomb well, which is shocking until you consider that likely a large amount of the money raised will again not be spent on winning a presidential campaign already.

anewvoice
02-14-2012, 08:03 AM
This number is way overblown. We have averaged 17.66% of the vote in the nine states that voted. We are polling nationally at 12% of likely primary voters. Primary/caucus voters make up less than 10% of total party members. So in reality we have somewhere between 12 and 17% support among likely primary voters. That does not equate to representing 20-25% of the party.

Semantics, I include the independent leans GOP, not just the core GOP. Most of the polls used limit that impact and since both parties are shrinking significantly (GOP moreso), focusing solely on the core GOP is misleading.

Just Flossin'
02-14-2012, 08:11 AM
I did what I could -- I'm in this thing for $100 Federal Reserve Notes.

About to get married in October, bought a house last June, and oil heat/gasoline are destroying my disposable income, but I did it! And so can you!

Darthbrooklyn
02-14-2012, 08:11 AM
I just dropped $50

Paul Fan
02-14-2012, 08:40 AM
At one time millions of Americans believed Ron Paul wanted to run a campaign to with the White House with a competent campaign staff. At this time he openly discussed controversial things such as the FDA, TSA, 9/11 and prosperity for people. Then we learned the money was used not for that purpose but to fund Campaign for Liberty, so that jobs could be created for certain members Ron Paul's staff year-round. Many people have never forgiven that breach of trust and aren't participating in the campaign this time around. I've tried to look past it for the cause of the greater good, but the reality is this campaign should have more urgency about changing the status quo. It appears not to have it. Heck they didn't even promote this moneybomb well, which is shocking until you consider that likely a large amount of the money raised will again not be spent on winning a presidential campaign already.

I personally am glad that C4L was founded, as it kept the campaign going and gave the opportunity to increase the number of people who care about liberty. Who is better placed to promote liberty than Ron Paul and the people he picks? If he doesn't win the nomination, I hope that Ron Paul sets up an office within CFL that lets him advise Americans who to vote for and what policies to support/oppose in order to further the cause of liberty.

Captain Shays
02-14-2012, 08:50 AM
I can't contribute today because I got fired from my job yesterday for talking about Ron Paul to customers. One lady called in to my boss and complained that I "belittled her" and went on to say that her husband is in the military and served two terms in Afghanistan and she didn't appreciate me going on and on about Ron Paul. The truth is, I wasn't even talking to her. I was talking to one of my other customers who knew everything I know about the Fed, NDAA, Patriot act etc.. It was a lively and very enjoyable conversation even tough the guy supports Obama. The lady who complained would interject something contradicting what I said and the guy turned to her and verified what I was saying was true and she told my boss that me and that guy "ganged up" on her. Nasty stupid bitch.

A. Havnes
02-14-2012, 08:56 AM
I can't contribute today because I got fired from my job yesterday for talking about Ron Paul to customers. One lady called in to my boss and complained that I "belittled her" and went on to say that her husband is in the military and served two terms in Afghanistan and she didn't appreciate me going on and on about Ron Paul. The truth is, I wasn't even talking to her. I was talking to one of my other customers who knew everything I know about the Fed, NDAA, Patriot act etc.. It was a lively and very enjoyable conversation even tough the guy supports Obama. The lady who complained would interject something contradicting what I said and the guy turned to her and verified what I was saying was true and she told my boss that me and that guy "ganged up" on her. Nasty stupid bitch.

People do that kind of crap all the time. Don't sweat it.

JimInNY
02-14-2012, 08:58 AM
I disagree with the support on the internet diminishing , it is far greater than last time.
Thing is though forums are now seen as old fashioned , alot of discussions , messaging etc is now done on facebook/twitter instead.
Forums dropping in popularity is common all over the web right now , i had a forum i have been visiting the past 7 years close down a couple months back.

http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/design/are-forums-dying/

^ This

My favorite political forum went from an Alexa rank of about 20,00 to 600,000 over the past year. From 100,000 to 600,000 in the past few months. Forums do seem to be dying. Probably because of iphones and smart phones making people more apt to use facebook and twitter.

Lightweis
02-14-2012, 09:07 AM
If he would have won Maine, we would have reached five million.

unknown
02-14-2012, 09:24 AM
We Better Break $5 Million Dollars Today! I Don't Give A ****!

I think we've found the official spokesman for the Ron Paul campaign.

j3nn
02-14-2012, 09:33 AM
I've been in Internet marketing and sales for over a decade and historically, sales have always been lower on Valentine's Day. Whether that carries over into political donations, I'm not sure, but in my world, Feb 14th is a slower US traffic and income day and a busier day for offline establishments. I think it was probably not the best day to plan for this money bomb. A lot of people are going out to dinner, movies, and spending their extra money on Valentine gifts, etc., and not really worried about political campaigns.

JK/SEA
02-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Its pretty clear super-pacs are killing the small donations.

D.A.S.
02-14-2012, 09:39 AM
I've been in Internet marketing and sales for over a decade and historically, sales have always been lower on Valentine's Day. Whether that carries over into political donations, I'm not sure, but in my world, Feb 14th is a slower US traffic and income day and a busier day for offline establishments. I think it was probably not the best day to plan for this money bomb. A lot of people are going out to dinner, movies, and spending their extra money on Valentine gifts, etc., and not really worried about political campaigns.

True... heard someone say "i was gonna donate to Ron Paul until I remembered it was Valentine's day and I had to get my husband something instead"... Some people are in a hardship and will be forced to choose, and some won't choose to donate, and that's perfectly normal. So we're certainly competing with some romance plans all over the country today.

But what's done is done, the campaign picked this day -- the grassroots had a different day in mind but had to acquiesce to line up with what the campaign announced.

Hitting 5 Mil today is like a snowball's chance in hell, but HOPEFULLY we can hit 1 Mil.

Captain Shays
02-14-2012, 09:42 AM
People do that kind of crap all the time. Don't sweat it.

Thats why they say don't talk about religion or politics. But how the heck can we get the message out qhile the media and the establishment is doing everything they can to supress the message?

JK/SEA
02-14-2012, 09:44 AM
You should tell your boss to hire you back or you'll post his email on the rpf...lol...

Captain Shays
02-14-2012, 10:12 AM
You should tell your boss to hire you back or you'll post his email on the rpf...lol...

I'm thinking how I can put the Ron Paul power grid to work for me to get my job back

vechorik
02-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Purchases of gear and merchandise also counts as a donation (right?)

"Your donation allows us to continue directly reaching millions of voters in the rest of the key early states with the truth about my consistent conservative record.

Your support also enables us to get the word out about my "Plan to Restore America," which cuts $1 trillion from the federal budget in the first year of my presidency, abolishes five federal agencies, and delivers a fully balanced budget by year three.

Our nation can no longer afford politicians who would rather play games with the American people than get serious about implementing the fundamental changes necessary to get our country back on track.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

Donation amount: $119.00
Transaction date/time: 2012-02-14 10:02:53
Transaction ID: 338738912

Thank you,
Ron Paul 2012 PCC"

sailingaway
02-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Yup.

Last time, we only had a total of around 4 money bombs. This time, we've had what, 10? Plus, the two big ones (Nov 5 and Dec 16) were before the economy tanked.

So of course we get far less this time around.

Still, the money bombs do help. Even if we only hit $800k or so, that's still a good chunk of cash to help the campaign moving along.

Yeah. The problem is we have super Tuesday coming, Santorum is trying to organize caucusers in Washington where Ron needs to be and people here want Ron everywhere all the time, plus ads. That takes a lot of money and we had hoped for an early win to galvanize donors beyond the hard core.

So we need to promote this elsewhere than here today, big time.

sailingaway
02-14-2012, 10:20 AM
True... heard someone say "i was gonna donate to Ron Paul until I remembered it was Valentine's day and I had to get my husband something instead"... Some people are in a hardship and will be forced to choose, and some won't choose to donate, and that's perfectly normal. So we're certainly competing with some romance plans all over the country today.

But what's done is done, the campaign picked this day -- the grassroots had a different day in mind but had to acquiesce to line up with what the campaign announced.

Hitting 5 Mil today is like a snowball's chance in hell, but HOPEFULLY we can hit 1 Mil.

I think this was one of the days the grass roots were batting around. We just didn't come together on a date or a topic, for a long time.

sailingaway
02-14-2012, 10:21 AM
If he would have won Maine, we would have reached five million.

He may in fact win Maine.

thelaibon
02-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Sailingaway, what's the latest "plan" for recourse in Maine? Is Washington county still up in the air as to whether it will be counted or not? Also what about the many miscounts in the various precincts?

angelatc
02-14-2012, 10:33 AM

He might, but he won't get the momentum that a same-day announcement of that win would have brought.

gerryb
02-14-2012, 11:04 AM
He might, but he won't get the momentum that a same-day announcement of that win would have brought.

It's too bad Ron Paul supporters are so attached to the teat of the Media

sailingaway
02-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Sailingaway, what's the latest "plan" for recourse in Maine? Is Washington county still up in the air as to whether it will be counted or not? Also what about the many miscounts in the various precincts?

I think people are pulling facts and proof together to get an airtight case. Meanwhile, pushing for attendence at the Washington County caucus where colleges will now be on winter break. If we get enough people there, we should be able to make a motion to have the caucus count read aloud there, and then we can report it ourselves if they don't, but in any event can see if we need all the rest. That is just my thought though. I'm not in Maine.

sailingaway
02-14-2012, 11:23 AM

but if WE know it and can get it to donors, etc. with Swann or someone covering it, drudge it, etc....

I think media that doesn't like Romney might cover it, actually.

It could help with donations and with super Tuesday coming up Ron really needs money. Also, I bet the excitement we are hearing about Dems switching to GOP in Massachusetts has something to do with knowing their votes can actually make a difference, looking at NH and Maine. It could carry over to other New England states, at very least, places where due process and civil liberties mean something concrete to people in all parties.

orenbus
02-14-2012, 11:42 AM
I think this was one of the days the grass roots were batting around. We just didn't come together on a date or a topic, for a long time.

That's not entirely accurate. Speaking for the guys that put together the NOBP site, facebook and promo materials early on, we were all set for Feb 17. In fact we had already had the 17th mentioned on the site, facebook and some banner images early on and only had to change the date copy and graphics on them after Matt Collins came out with the Valetines Day money bomb thread. I know this because I personally had to change the date on the site and on the facebook page and ask the designer to do the same in order to acquiesce.

The guys that were planning on doing Bailout Freedom also were set for the 17th. It wasn't until Collins came out with the thread announcement about theme and Valentines day that then everyone had to shift the dates around. If by topic you mean theme, we had chosen NOBP through a poll here on forums back in Jan. and initially the Bailout Freedom guys (theme that had the 2nd highest votes) agreed that NOBP would be it as it had won the poll, again due to a post by Collins this caused confusion where there was none previously at least as represented by the grassroots at the time on this forum.

WD-NY
02-14-2012, 11:52 AM
It's too bad Ron Paul supporters are so attached to the teat of the Media

oh come on now... I could just as easily say:

It's too bad the Ron Paul campaign doesn't respond to (let alone implement) 98% of the ideas/suggestions their supporters send them.

And yes, I'm still hoping that Benton/Tate will shift the focus of the money bomb "pitch" to something simple, specific and more-easily-achievable for the vast majority of supporters:

$20 X 100,000+donors = $2Million
:p

DrHendricks
02-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Purchases of gear and merchandise also counts as a donation (right?)

"Your donation allows us to continue directly reaching millions of voters in the rest of the key early states with the truth about my consistent conservative record.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

Donation amount: $119.00
Transaction date/time: 2012-02-14 10:02:53
Transaction ID: 338738912

Thank you,
Ron Paul 2012 PCC"

I was also looking for an answer to this question! Would love to get some more gear and still have my donation be part of the total!