PDA

View Full Version : LiberTEA - Tea Party Take-Back

agaiziunas
02-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Not sure how this works but I have created a chip-in to buy the libertea.com domain to launch a web presence for a tea party take-back initiative.

http://libertea.chipin.com/libertea-tp-takeback

The Tea Party in my area is dying. In some cases literally (not many a head of non-grey hair in local tea party meetings) but mostly just being driven away by the bigotry and hatred of the shills who have taken over all the board positions and now direct the meetings to nothing more than supporting the Patriot Act, NDAA, and bombing other countries to keep us safe from "terrorism". They have successfully turned the TEA Party into a "T.E.A." (Taxed Enough Already) BS and take regular toilet breaks on liberty at each of their meetings. They have forgotten who started the Tea Party -- Ron Paul -- and have swallowed the Faux News & MSM soundbytes of him as either racist, crazy, isolationist, whatever... labels the Tea Party board members (establishment RINO warmongers) are all too eager to repeat and repeat until it becomes truth; tactics which would make Joseph Goebbels proud today.

Anyway.. a fellow RP supporter on FB happens to be a talented web designer, and is moving. He couldn't get help from his mom to pay for a hotel for a few weeks while in transit so I offered to use some Marriott points I have from my job to pay for his hotel stay, in return for helping put together a kickass Ron Paul focused LiberTEA.com website. So we have that lined up...

Need to just get the domain name. Minimum bid is $2500, I tried submitting a bid for $1500 (the max I could convince my family to spend on that) but it was rejected. Really looks like $2500 is the minimum but I am willing to kick in the $1500 to meet the requested price just in case, and any leftovers will go to advertising/promotion on FB or Google... my $1500 is locked in & guaranteed for that... (meaning if we get the domain for $2500, my $1500 will go to FB/Google ads)

AlexMerced
02-13-2012, 10:27 PM
how about instead of playing off the tea party which has a questionable stigma to it now how about we build the Ron Paul Republican brand, I already have RonPaulRepublicans.org you could do something like RPRCentral.com

Let's call ourselves what we are, Ron Paul Republicans.

DGambler
02-13-2012, 10:33 PM
Or "The Founders", "Refounders" or "Founders 2.0" to signify that we want to go back to the roots of the Constitution.

FriedChicken
02-13-2012, 10:56 PM
I've thought a lot about this ...

... whatever we do we do "they'll" try to co-opt our "movement". Ways to guard against this is to have Ron Paul's name in the movement - so we can use his stances as a basis for things, and/or to have a spokesperson like the Judge so that someone like Herman Cain or Sarah Palin can't come in and claim it.

We need to start out very specific.
It will grow slower but will last longer and stay strong. Rather than just become another warmonger republican club like the current Tea Party.

tbone717
02-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Let's call ourselves what we are, Ron Paul Republicans.

Some of us have been at this far too long to attach ourselves to one man's name. I love the guy, but Ron Paul is the candidate for this moment in time, there were many before him and will be many to follow. We (or most of us) are libertarian/conservative Republicans and nothing more.

TheTexan
02-13-2012, 11:21 PM
Some of us have been at this far too long to attach ourselves to one man's name. I love the guy, but Ron Paul is the candidate for this moment in time, there were many before him and will be many to follow. We (or most of us) are libertarian/conservative Republicans and nothing more.

There will be more candidates after Paul, but few if any with his unwavering honesty, integrity, and conviction. For me, at least, this movement has become more than just about limited government, and the constitution, but also about honesty, and staying true to one self. No man symbolizes these qualities more than Ron Paul. So while this movement may yet continue past him, I will always be proud to call myself a Ron Paul Republican, and will try to live up to its reputation.

Indy Vidual
02-13-2012, 11:24 PM
...We (or most of us) are libertarian/conservative...

+1776 Ron's name is (for too many people) still attached to the newsletters.
Thank god Rand doesn't have that problem. :)

Marky
02-13-2012, 11:25 PM
What about starting a “Golden Rule Party” advocating sound money and non-interventionist foreign and economic policy?

Indy Vidual
02-13-2012, 11:26 PM
What about starting a “Golden Rule Party” advocating sound money and non-interventionist foreign and economic policy?

Double meaning on the word Golden, very nice.

BamaFanNKy
02-13-2012, 11:27 PM
I own Liberty50.com and have thought about using it. Something where each state can post stories from each state. Not sure if anyone thinks it's a great idea though.

agaiziunas
02-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Oh let me make this clear too... hearing some good ideas in here but I am only able to donate another 700 bucks & change to Ron Paul's campaign this year before hitting the max... so if the chip-in doesn't reach $2500 I'll try to stretch it with my signifigant others to buy the domain with my $1500 "approved" limit..

if the chip-in doesn't raise enough, I'm not sure how it works... if I can return the money then that's cool, if it doesn't work that way then I am one of the CD16 delegates in IL and also the chairman for Boone County so I will try to place some ads to build name recognition for the delegates on the ballot (IL is a direct election primary of delegates) and some ads to help gather volunteers to canvass or do whatever is allowed via election laws to help the local RP campaign.... we're the 2nd largest city in IL after Chicago and the former manufacturing capital of the US for tool & die MFG so it's great, ripe territory ;-)

bcreps85
02-13-2012, 11:36 PM
This might be a little involved, but just a thought here...

What about something we can...trademark, or something to that effect? The idea here is to try and stop the "tea party 2.0" from being co-opted by neocons, right? So why not trademark parts of it or maintain some kind of exclusivity in the leadership so that selective action could be taken against any establishment people who tried to co-opt?

agaiziunas
02-13-2012, 11:47 PM
This might be a little involved, but just a thought here...

What about something we can...trademark, or something to that effect? The idea here is to try and stop the "tea party 2.0" from being co-opted by neocons, right? So why not trademark parts of it or maintain some kind of exclusivity in the leadership so that selective action could be taken against any establishment people who tried to co-opt?

No, good thought.. did a USPTO search on LiberTEA/Libertea and nothing but dead entries.. Wide open. Looked at the TEAS & TEAS Plus application forms and it is obvious it will take another $500 in legal fees to probably do that ($250 just for filing the PLUS or $375 for filing the REGULAR... then you need a lawyer to help fill those out too!)

Also while on USPTO saw a lot of trademarks for various "Tea Parties"... so good idea to TM the name of whatever the take-back is.

AlexMerced
02-14-2012, 01:38 PM
ok, I'll be involved for sure if you get it up, but I still think being a Ron Paul Republican is a good way of moving foward, because it at least makes us sound like we want to be part of the republican party.

Part of the reason that republican voters and establishment have been so hostile towards us because we just walked in not trying to be PART of the party but trying to BE the party which is where a lot of resentment comes from.

And yes, I do understand it's hard for us to be team players with people who we disagree vehemently with especially on foreign policy but like Ron Paul always saids with the terrorist, if we don't bother to understand the motives we're doom to continue the battle perpetually.

mosquitobite
02-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Libertea Republicans
Native Republicans

And I love this word: Inveterate
Inveterate Republicans

Main Entry:
inveterate  [in-vet-er-it] Show IPA
Part of Speech:
Adjective
Definition: long-standing, established
Synonyms:
abiding, accustomed, addicted, chronic, confirmed, continuing, customary, deep-rooted, deep-seated, dyed-in-the-wool, enduring, entrenched, fixed, habitual, habituated, hard-core, hardened, inbred, incorrigible, incurable, indurated, ineradicable, ingrained, innate, lifelong, long-lasting, long-lived, obstinate, old, perennial, permanent, persistent, persisting, set, settled, stubborn, sworn, usual

Antonyms:
short-lived
http://thesaurus.com/browse/inveterate

http://thesaurus.com/browse/liberty
http://thesaurus.com/browse/fiscal