PDA

View Full Version : MS letter from state GOP re delegate/caucus information, time, dates, meetings

vechorik
02-13-2012, 08:08 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/420652_353105158045069_100000367648716_1151326_123 0124747_n.jpgIncludes hotel reservations and RSVP for meetings. IMPORTANT INFORMATION

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/420652_353105158045069_100000367648716_1151326_123 0124747_n.jpg

Dave39168
02-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Thanks for posting! I have RSVP'd and will be attending the one in Hattiesburg Thursday

Dave39168
02-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Also here is the list of polling locations by county. Each polling location (precinct) will send a delegate to the county counvention. So we need everyone to show up at their precincts on April 28th. Here is the list of precincts by county. Once you've got several Ron Paul supporters to commit to showing up at your precinct, start working on others in your county.

http://www.sos.state.ms.us/elections/2008%20Polling%20Locations/index.asp

Aratus
02-15-2012, 06:54 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paulatized
02-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Also here is the list of polling locations by county. Each polling location (precinct) will send a delegate to the county counvention. So we need everyone to show up at their precincts on April 28th. Here is the list of precincts by county. Once you've got several Ron Paul supporters to commit to showing up at your precinct, start working on others in your county.

http://www.sos.state.ms.us/elections/2008%20Polling%20Locations/index.asp

+rep to you sir!

Legend1104
02-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Question. All I need to do is go to my voting place on April 28th and... do what? Just submit my name? Is there a set time? Will it be announced? Do I need to get others to vote for me? How do I ensure that I win?

vechorik
02-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Question. All I need to do is go to my voting place on April 28th and... do what? Just submit my name? Is there a set time? Will it be announced? Do I need to get others to vote for me? How do I ensure that I win?

Check your private notification box -- thanks for asking!

Paulatized
02-18-2012, 07:14 PM

Do you know how many usually show up for this at your precinct? Last go around My son and I went and there was only one other person there. He did not want to go to the county convention so we voted my son to go as degegate and me as an alternate delegate. He gave us the official envelope with all the info with my son's name as delegate. I think if there were several people there you would need to be nominated as a delegate. Later that afternoon we attended the County Convention.

Your precinct may be much larger and have a bigger turnout. We knew the guy who was our official at the precinct and he was all for someone new and younger getting some experience. But anyway, if you want to be selected to go to the county convention, you need to take friends and family members with you so they can vote you in. Yes there is a set time, all of the local precinct caucuses are held at 10:00 am at your usual voting place. (Info concerning this should be available at your Circuit Clerks office.) The County Convention is held at 3:00 pm on the same day at the county courthouse. All of this info is for the Mississippi GOP process.

When we got to the county convention, there were delegate from all the precincts there and we turned in our local precinct folder (credentials form) in to the temporary Chairman of the County Convention to be able to participate. Only delegates (or the alternate delegate substituting for the delegate) can vote. Spectators can come but they cannot participate in the proceeding. We pretty much kept our mouth shut and watched and learned.

We had someone come to our meetup group a while back and presented info about the local, county district and state causcus and conventions. If you would like, message me your mailing address I will mail you a copy. I don't have it in digital format just a hard copy. (My son can probably scan it when he gets home later, and we could email it to you.)

Just let me know if you are interested. Everyone REALLY needs to get involved.

Dave39168
02-18-2012, 10:33 PM

Check your private message inbox and please contact me. Glad to see your interested in doing this. It only takes an irate, tireless minority to prevail.

Anyone else interested??? PM me and I will put you in touch with someone local to your part of the state to help coordinate this.

Legend1104
02-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Do you know how many usually show up for this at your precinct? Last go around My son and I went and there was only one other person there. He did not want to go to the county convention so we voted my son to go as degegate and me as an alternate delegate. He gave us the official envelope with all the info with my son's name as delegate. I think if there were several people there you would need to be nominated as a delegate. Later that afternoon we attended the County Convention.

Your precinct may be much larger and have a bigger turnout. We knew the guy who was our official at the precinct and he was all for someone new and younger getting some experience. But anyway, if you want to be selected to go to the county convention, you need to take friends and family members with you so they can vote you in. Yes there is a set time, all of the local precinct caucuses are held at 10:00 am at your usual voting place. (Info concerning this should be available at your Circuit Clerks office.) The County Convention is held at 3:00 pm on the same day at the county courthouse. All of this info is for the Mississippi GOP process.

When we got to the county convention, there were delegate from all the precincts there and we turned in our local precinct folder (credentials form) in to the temporary Chairman of the County Convention to be able to participate. Only delegates (or the alternate delegate substituting for the delegate) can vote. Spectators can come but they cannot participate in the proceeding. We pretty much kept our mouth shut and watched and learned.

We had someone come to our meetup group a while back and presented info about the local, county district and state causcus and conventions. If you would like, message me your mailing address I will mail you a copy. I don't have it in digital format just a hard copy. (My son can probably scan it when he gets home later, and we could email it to you.)

Just let me know if you are interested. Everyone REALLY needs to get involved.

if it is possible to email it too me let me know and I will send you my email address. Thanks

Dave39168
02-20-2012, 12:01 AM
Also Legend, check out the thread that skeet posted in the Mississippi subforum titled "Mississippi Delegate and Convention Process". It is old but the process is still the same. I bumped it so its on page one of the Mississippi subforum and easy to find. It has lots of details about the process.

sratiug
03-08-2012, 02:28 PM
You guys got any contacts in Lincoln County?

vechorik
03-08-2012, 03:14 PM
You guys got any contacts in Lincoln County?

Check your private message

itchypalms
03-16-2012, 12:34 AM
Not sure where to start or if it is too late. How about in Desoto county?

sratiug
03-16-2012, 02:18 AM
Not sure where to start or if it is too late. How about in Desoto county?I Think you just need to show up at your precinct caucus and run for delegate or vote for a ron paul supporter as delegate to your county convention

vechorik
03-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Not sure where to start or if it is too late. How about in Desoto county?

Welcome to the forums. I'm sending you a private email.