PDA

View Full Version : Scary Poll! Stay away! DANGER!

ronpaulfan
11-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Tricked you in here :D

I couldn't call the thread "Meetup Poll" or only the people that go to them would click on it.

Please be honest!! This is an important question so we can gauge how many of us actually attend them! :)

http://ronpaul.meetup.com

justinc.1089
11-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Shame on you who have never been! tis tis tis. :(:mad::(:p:(

I try to go each week. My group meets once a week, but I wasn't able to make one thanks to college. :mad:

Its not only important to go to the meetings, but to also try to get other people to go to the meetings as well. Then you and others can promote Paul in person to people, which is much more effective than on the internet. And we've had that part covered for a long time anyway lol.

DealzOnWheelz
11-12-2007, 08:30 PM
you should put the correct title on this and more people will vote

RPinSEAZ
11-12-2007, 08:33 PM
We've only had one so far. Damn, not that I think about it I should have chosen that I never missed one.

AlexMerced
11-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Cab't yet, I'm in the middle of a move between OH and NY, and there's a really annoying stay in CT for amonth in between that. Though it's given me the ability to spred the word across state lines. Damn college graduation

AlexMerced
11-12-2007, 08:35 PM
I do most of my Paulin here and @ my.ronpaulspace.com

saahmed
11-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Never been able to make it due to school and work.

r3volution
11-12-2007, 08:37 PM
not voting .

llamabread
11-12-2007, 08:37 PM
For the record I'm not in our local meetup. The meetup site has a requirement of being 18 years of age (I'm 16). Not that that would stop me from signing up, but all the extracurricular crap that you have to do to get into a decent college these days takes up alot of time.

10thAmendmentMan
11-12-2007, 08:38 PM
I went to a local gun show to hand out literature. There were about 2X as many people as we needed and none of my gun- or Paul-related knowledge was required as no one wanted to discuss anything with us. Other than that, nothing has been in my area (within a 1/2 hour drive).

ronpaulfan
11-12-2007, 09:00 PM
wow. The thread title was actually appropriate! These numbers are scary! :o

American
11-12-2007, 09:03 PM
I went to a few meetup meetings, to many 911 truthers, purest libertarians, and voter fraud people for me.

The only thing that I know they have done was throw a BBQ for the local Libertarian candidate......=\

garrettwombat
11-12-2007, 09:05 PM
i go at least twice a week and i drop slim jims wherever i go when im not campaigning

garrettwombat
11-12-2007, 09:07 PM
wow i really want to know who those people who havnt done anything yet because its prob the same people on here who always b*tch and say "instead of complaining go out and do something"

inibo
11-12-2007, 09:17 PM
My meetup has a few 9/11 Truth folks who have made sure that no one who shows up for their first meeting ever comes back. At one point we had about 20 people. I'd be surprised if three show up now.

I pamphlet on my own and talk to my friends and coworkers instead.

justinc.1089
11-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Wow ok when I put my earlier post on here practically no one had taken this poll and I expected the numbers to show most people going to the meetups.

People if you don't go to the meetups and coordinate REAL LIFE grassroots efforts for Paul HOW are people going to find out about him? The media?

You MUST actually organize ways to reach tons of people at one time. Local festivals and colleges and such are good places to go to. Just go, set up a booth, and have tons of slimjims and knowledge on hand to give out. And while you're there don't just sit behind the booth either, thats what the other people would do. Go walk around and hand out the slimjims while carrying around a Ron Paul sign. You will give out like 10x the number of slimjims that way.

Lets put it this way:

How many people I reach through myspace: 312 so far

How many people I reached in 1 day at the last event I was able to make with my meetup: 400!!!

Did you see that number? 400- in 1 day

Thats much faster than using myspace. We gave out material to about 1600 people that day overall. And I promise you the majority of those people don't get on the internet, so they would not have been reached otherwise.

We MUST reach people that are not on the internet. And you MUST get to your meetup groups meetings and you MUST help out with every event you can.

If your group is not planning events get it going. Find colleges and festivals that towns hold and contact the people you need to and then send out an email to the meetup group asking people to help you organize the event. Town festivals will probably require paying for a booth of course, but colleges won't probably charge to do something there. You could just go and hand out slimjims to students, or put slimjims on the students' cars in the parking lot, or both.

JUST DO SOMETHING IN THE REAL WORLD PLEASE!!!! lol :rolleyes:

justinc.1089
11-12-2007, 09:21 PM
My meetup has a few 9/11 Truth folks who have made sure that no one who shows up for their first meeting ever comes back. At one point we had about 20 people. I'd be surprised if three show up now.

Well politely ask them not to bring it up at the meeting since it is about Ron Paul and not 9/11 afterall. Explain to them they're running people off and they need to stop. If that does not work then politely ask the meetup group organizer to remove them from the group on the site and email list or whatever. I know how you feel, there's one truther in my group as well, and its quite annoying. Luckily he isn't always there though.

Buzz
11-12-2007, 09:22 PM
I've been to more than 5, but I go less than once or twice a week (mainly because of school).

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-12-2007, 09:24 PM
I rarely go, I do things on my own.
I often run into them at major events here though where I'm out pushing Ron paul.

the reason I do NOT go is because from my experience it is a lot of sitting around and talking about Ron paul to each other.
I want to be out on the streets, not at ome coffee shop making friends with people who like Ron paul.

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-12-2007, 09:25 PM
which is why I created my website.
STREET TEAM

not coffee shop meetups.

ronpaulfan
11-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Immediate and thorough door-to-door canvasing is the only way Ron Paul will become president. Don't get satisfied with the media coverage he's received since the 5th. Don't think that is enough, it may be too little too late! Get to your local meetup and don't let them dick around! Some local meetups may be dysfunctional and could use your help!

xRedfoxx
11-12-2007, 09:43 PM
This is kind of telling isn't it? Fine...I'll attend more!!

ronpaulfan
11-12-2007, 10:00 PM
This is kind of telling isn't it? Fine...I'll attend more!!

I intentionally worded it to make you feel guilty no matter what you answered :D

F*** you frank! :p

nyrgoal99
11-12-2007, 10:07 PM
i should go

Roxi
11-12-2007, 10:12 PM

has anyone ever told them to keep it seperate? they can be removed from the group if after asking them to keep the two agenda's separate they refuse.

I am the Co organizer of a large group and we have a lot of activities that if i miss people actually get upset... we have several co organizers though so as long as one of us are there its usually ok.

At first seeing those numbers made me mad... but it will depend on if people who aren't in meetups are still doing something without being in a group.. i wish that option had been on the poll

ronpaulfan
11-12-2007, 10:28 PM
My meetup has a few 9/11 Truth folks who have made sure that no one who shows up for their first meeting ever comes back.

I'm a truther X 1,000,000 but I think anyone who brings it up at meetups deserves this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBniotY7h9I

Kandilynn
11-12-2007, 10:36 PM
I can't answer the poll, it doesn't have one that works for me. My husband and I set up our meetup group and ran it for four months. We went to every meeting, and we made sure there was a large group of dedicated assistant organizers to jump in at any time. My husband is in the Navy so we knew his work schedule could change and he could be out at sea for months at a time. A couple of months ago his work schedule got out of control and we couldn't make many of the meetings. (Also, our group most of the time has several different groups within it, and there are days when there are several different meetings at different places at the same time.) So, for the last while our assistant organizers have stepped up and have been running the meetups. And, since my husband is going out to sea for most of the next six months. I will be moving back to Oklahoma and will not be available to participate in our local group.

So, I really don't know where I would fit on the poll.

ronpaulfan
11-12-2007, 10:46 PM
I can't answer the poll, it doesn't have one that works for me. My husband and I set up our meetup group and ran it for four months. We went to every meeting, and we made sure there was a large group of dedicated assistant organizers to jump in at any time. My husband is in the Navy so we knew his work schedule could change and he could be out at sea for months at a time. A couple of months ago his work schedule got out of control and we couldn't make many of the meetings. (Also, our group most of the time has several different groups within it, and there are days when there are several different meetings at different places at the same time.) So, for the last while our assistant organizers have stepped up and have been running the meetups. And, since my husband is going out to sea for most of the next six months. I will be moving back to Oklahoma and will not be available to participate in our local group.

So, I really don't know where I would fit on the poll.

Once or twice a week works.

This poll was designed more to shame people than get actual metrics :D

RobS
11-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Wow, sounds like 50% of the people just aren't "finding" the time and the other half had a bad experience.

For the 50% of who are complaining of not enough time, I am a full time college student, I work 30 hours a week, am starting up my own business and still make 75% of all of our events. Trust me, you CAN find time to go to a meetup.

For the 50% who have had a bad experience at the Meetup, change it! Tell the truther that no one cares at this group, we are here for Ron Paul and to get him elected, not listen to theories about 9/11... if you think they are sitting around to much, organize a literature drop or something. It doesn't take rocket science...

In the Grand Rapids group we have 1 meeting a week where we sit down and organize, then we usually have 2-3 other events where we actively go out and do whatever we can to get the good word out.

I am honestly shocked at this poll... all I can say is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get out and help your Meetup. I am sure your Meetup organizer would love to hear from some willing volunteers... sorry this is almost making me sick

inibo
11-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Wow, sounds like 50% of the people just aren't "finding" the time and the other half had a bad experience.

For the 50% of who are complaining of not enough time, I am a full time college student, I work 30 hours a week, am starting up my own business and still make 75% of all of our events. Trust me, you CAN find time to go to a meetup.

For the 50% who have had a bad experience at the Meetup, change it! Tell the truther that no one cares at this group, we are here for Ron Paul and to get him elected, not listen to theories about 9/11... if you think they are sitting around to much, organize a literature drop or something. It doesn't take rocket science...

In the Grand Rapids group we have 1 meeting a week where we sit down and organize, then we usually have 2-3 other events where we actively go out and do whatever we can to get the good word out.

I am honestly shocked at this poll... all I can say is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get out and help your Meetup. I am sure your Meetup organizer would love to hear from some willing volunteers... sorry this is almost making me sick

The thing is my local meetup isn't doing anything. As I said, I pamphlet by myself and I talk to my friends and coworkers. I have personally gotten at least 10 people to switch their registration to Republican. I say that not to boast, but to say meetups aren't the only way to work for Ron Paul. If your meetup is doing good things I salute you and yours. If you need some money for something set up a chipin and post it here. I'll help if I can. I don't feel the least bit of shame about not being active in my meetup because my meetup is not doing anything. Please don't tell me to get more involved with them and "take charge" because I'm not a "take charge" kind of guy. Everybody is not an organizer. Some of us are foot soldiers. I like to think I'm a sniper. I work well on my own and when I see a target of opportunity I strike.

AlexMerced
11-12-2007, 11:43 PM
on th rbight side, this show you how far we are from working at full capacity, mean, we've only seen the beginning of what we can do grassroots.

ronpaulfan
11-13-2007, 12:31 PM
bumping this truely scary poll! :eek:

Matthew Zak
11-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Is there a myspace group for a ron paul meet up group? If so, please link me. :) I haven't figured out how to get a hold of them yet.

SAYZAK@GMAIL.COM

www.myspace.com/matthewzak

ronpaulfan
12-08-2007, 12:26 PM
bump :)

AtomiC
12-08-2007, 12:30 PM
I do other work besides attending meetups.

Tina
12-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Some of us live in small towns and don't have meetup groups available.

smtwngrl
12-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Some of us live in small towns and don't have meetup groups available.

You could start one. ;) If it's a very smal town (in a rural area, say), you could start one for your area. Once there's one there, other people will start to join in.

smtwngrl
12-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Wow! 50% have never attended? That's the last thing I expected. And I thought I was bad. *sheepish look* This does make me resolve to try to go more often, though.

on th rbight side, this show you how far we are from working at full capacity, mean, we've only seen the beginning of what we can do grassroots.

Thanks for bringing out the bright side. :D What you say is so true. :)

FreeTraveler
12-08-2007, 01:33 PM
I've been traveling up til now. I'm finally settled for a month, and I'll be attending the next local meetup.

dvictr
12-08-2007, 01:34 PM
i donate

Melissa
12-08-2007, 01:35 PM
I rarely go, I do things on my own.
I often run into them at major events here though where I'm out pushing Ron paul.

the reason I do NOT go is because from my experience it is a lot of sitting around and talking about Ron paul to each other.
I want to be out on the streets, not at ome coffee shop making friends with people who like Ron paul.

I can't miss any I am the organizer for mine. lol But we have some truthers too and I just keep the topic to what we are doing. And when I first got there it was a bunch of people that liked Paul and just sat around to talk about him. I agree that was not my goal ---so what I did is took over as organizer. So you can do many different kinds of things to keep all involved.

ronpaulfan
12-19-2007, 01:08 AM
bump

ronpaulfan
12-24-2007, 12:09 PM
weekly scary poll bump

ronpaulfan
01-01-2008, 07:15 PM
weekly scary poll bump :D

ARealConservative
01-01-2008, 07:38 PM
I've been to 24, but none of these poll results fit as I don't go weekly.

southerntrendkill
01-01-2008, 07:41 PM
50% don't go to meetup.

Normally only 1% donate to campains.

Looks like are numbers are alot higher than I thought.

BTW Truth usually comes up after the meetings are over. Not saying what kind of truth.

Gold, Silver, Food, Fuel, Tazars, ect. are fairly common. Thats why we are involved. If everything was fine just let Fox decide who you should vote for.

There are many Truths!

TheWhiteRider
01-01-2008, 07:47 PM
wow a lot of people haven't been. That encouraging it means we have more support!

mconder
01-01-2008, 07:53 PM
I started Meetup 37, so I used to go once a week or so. I had a lot of personal challenges present themselves in October, so I did the right thing and let someone else take over. I am sad to say, I haven't been much since then. I am still glad I was able to help as much as I did in the beginning. I need to start going again.

Michigan11
01-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Get to your local meetup and don't let them dick around! Some local meetups may be dysfunctional and could use your help!

Yes you must take the initiative to kick some ass, get it done. Lead, and the others will follow, and everybody else can get out of the way!

nc4rp
01-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Tricked you in here :D
Please be honest!! This is an important question so we can gauge how many of us actually attend them! :)

whos "we"?

ronpaulfan
01-04-2008, 07:44 AM
bump

erin moore
01-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Its hard as a die hard Ron Paul fan(atic) to start a group, organize the hell out of it, and have no one come. Sign makings, Sign waves, planning.... nadda. 1 maybe 2... including my husband, so thats a meeting we have every day anyway :)

Dont understimate sign waves. You can make FREE DVD signs and FREE YARD SIGNS signs. you can give out a lot of stuff just standing there on the corner.

I am only asking ONE HOUR this weekend from my group. I only have some 'maybes' right now. No one has said yes. The one person who I have a phone number for said, well are we going to be the only ones there, you and me? I dont want to look stupid....

what are you gonna do? its very discouraging but I can't expect that everyone will do as I do... right? thats what I tell myself but I still end up expecting it. No one comes to the meetings, no one is RSVPing for the sign wave, no one responds to the precinct captain email. I am not going to spend all my time trying to convince RP supporters to support him. I'll just go out and canvass alone.

sorry for the whining... just needed to get that off my chest.

ronpaulfollower999
01-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Never been to one.

FrankRep
01-04-2008, 08:22 AM

Join a local Meetup group!

Do you want to win or not?

SaratogaForRonPaul
01-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Seriously folks, this is how we win. Ron will not win if YOU stay comfortably behind a computer drinking hot chocolate, while only 20% of the people on this site actually goes out and makes a difference. Every state is important, and every person is needed.

Stop being an Internet Spectator! While we appreciate your donations, that alone is not going to win it. I am a Meetup organizer of over 55 people and work with other Meetups in the area here in NY, which total to over 200 in the area. Between 3 groups we gather 20+ people for signs wavings a week and only get 6 or so people to go canvassing or phone banking. It is frustrating to see so many people pretend that they want to see change with our government and our country, but end up doing nothing about it that might get them out of their personal comfort zone. Trust me folks, going out in support for Ron is one of the most fun things in my life. The comradely developed from different supporters from all different philosophies and ways of life is very engaging. The exhilaration of seeing so many people honk when we have a good group in sign waving. It is something you will never forget, but only if you are part of it.

20 years from now, are you going to be complaining to your spouse and children about how badly the country has turned out, how you lost everything in the biggest depression this world has ever seen, and how we lost the Republic. Or instead are you going to boast to your children, how "Yes, I was there, and I fought in the revolution in 2008, I restored liberty and freedom to this great nation of ours, and I brought Ron Paul to the White House."

Get off your sorry, complaining, lazy butts and do SOMETHING that will actually help Ron win: Canvassing, Sign Waving, Phone Banking, Outreach to Senior Citizens and other groups. Ron WILL NOT WIN without you.

Go sign up at http://ronpaul.meetup.com and attend the meetings and volunteer at the activities. Now.

Todd
01-04-2008, 09:20 AM
I have no answer. I have been to most of mine, but have missed some. Sorry this poll doesn't reflect me.

ronpaulfan
01-21-2008, 04:15 PM
weekly bump

kutibah
01-21-2008, 04:20 PM
We have one every week or so. I go to most. I've been to only about 5 or 6 so far.