PDA

View Full Version : Tancredo Unleashes Interesting Ad For Iowa

Alabama Supporter
11-12-2007, 08:17 PM
He really turns the fear up a notch in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZBjXr5CWUI&eurl=http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1107/Tancredo_launches_provocative_Iowa_ad.html

Edward
11-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Reminds me of this one from LBJ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKs-bTL-pRg

ItsTime
11-12-2007, 08:23 PM
was that a real ad? If so how freaking powerful.... not my thing.. but WOW

JosephTheLibertarian
11-12-2007, 08:27 PM
lol

what the hell...

Alabama Supporter
11-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Yeah, its for real. I imagine he doesn't have much cash to run it many times. It is an important topic, and I can't disagree with his tactics since he is so far down. Maybe it will call out Rudy as the open borders fool he is.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1107/Tancredo_launches_provocative_Iowa_ad.html

OptionsTrader
11-12-2007, 08:33 PM
WOW that is full of some prime grade-A fear mongering. It isn't a spoof either. On his official youtube page:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZFi0mVzDJI

It is so sad that this will work on people.

Ron Paul Fan
11-12-2007, 08:39 PM
BOOM! Scary stuff. Should work on the gullible neo-cons.

derdy
11-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Ugh! I hate that they block youtube here at work (and not video.google).

What happened in it? Suitcase nuke or something ridiculous?

beerista
11-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Was it anything like this?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jkmx7updEtM

OptionsTrader
11-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Ugh! I hate that they block youtube here at work (and not video.google).

What happened in it? Suitcase nuke or something ridiculous?

tancredo says we need to be afraid of terrorists, jihadists, that are walking across the border, essentially a fear-laced 30 second ad with a booming voiceover and third person views of muslims with suitcase nukes to blow up our malls.

derdy
11-12-2007, 08:55 PM
tancredo says we need to be afraid of terrorists, jihadists, that are walking across the border, essentially a fear-laced 30 second ad with a booming voiceover and third person views of muslims with suitcase nukes to blow up our malls.

Not our malls!! They hate us for our freedoms AND our malls?! :eek:

lol That ought to stir some people to a panic. And how did I guess the suitcase nukes :p

Magsec
11-12-2007, 08:56 PM
I actually kinda like it. At least he's being up front with his Party's thought processes instead of hiding them behind sappy campaign rhetoric.

Oh, suitcase nukes are fictional now, 24 screwed up.

allyinoh
11-12-2007, 08:58 PM

lol That ought to stir some people to a panic. And how did I guess the suitcase nukes :p

Freedom for women and freedom of religion... AND our malls.. lol...

What a crock.. =)

OptionsTrader
11-12-2007, 08:58 PM

Be on the lookout for teenagers wearing green hoods in the mall. Do your civic duty and report them of course.

http://i6.tinypic.com/6tuncxg.jpg

ItsTime
11-12-2007, 08:59 PM
does anyone remember the reports of Iraqis stopped at the mexican boarder right after the start of WW3? Man Im getting old my memory is foggy

Primbs
11-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Ron Paul is more likely to stop mall bombs. If we attack Iran, this may very happen.

At least Ron Paul wants to seal the borders.

RickSp
11-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Stupid fear mongering is stupid and offensive. So is bigotry. That is about all the Tancredo campaign has to offer. Hate Muslims in particular and immigrants in genral and be very afraid. The man is a disgrace.

PaleoConservative
11-13-2007, 02:53 PM
It's disappointing to see everyone dismissing this as hate mongering. Terrorists coming into our country illegally is a major national security threat. They have already attacked us once and they will do so here again in the future. It's one major reason why we need to start protecting our boarders more.

FreeTraveler
11-13-2007, 03:08 PM
WOW that is full of some prime grade-A fear mongering. It isn't a spoof either. On his official youtube page:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZFi0mVzDJI

It is so sad that this will work on people.

When I try to view this, it says its a private video and I have to accept the sender's friend request to view it.

european
11-13-2007, 03:23 PM
hi im european and i aproved this message because someone has to say it: you are an *sshole.

for as far as i can see it, americans are going all over the globe to kill. so i ask you politely to go f*ck yourself.

and about people stealing jobs????! how is that possible? :D someone has to hire those persons, and if there are 20 million aliens (with or without ufo ;) ) working, then there are a lot of americans who offer them these jobs aswell :P

explicit words i know, selfcensor owns ;)

Korey Kaczynski
11-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Say what you will, but that was an excellent ad in terms of camera work and voice over.

angelatc
11-13-2007, 03:29 PM
It's disappointing to see everyone dismissing this as hate mongering. Terrorists coming into our country illegally is a major national security threat. They have already attacked us once and they will do so here again in the future. It's one major reason why we need to start protecting our boarders more.

I think that the the Islamic terrorist threat is greatly exasperated by our continued presence in the Middle East. I think that if we would leave them the heck alone, they would go back to sectarian in-fighting and the threat of Islamic terrorism would vanish.

The whole thing depends on whether you believe they hate us because we're Christian or whether they hate us because we are installing Christian troops on Islamic lands.

angelatc
11-13-2007, 03:45 PM
hi im european and i aproved this message because someone has to say it: you are an *sshole.

for as far as i can see it, americans are going all over the globe to kill. so i ask you politely to go f*ck yourself.

and about people stealing jobs????! how is that possible? :D someone has to hire those persons, and if there are 20 million aliens (with or without ufo ;) ) working, then there are a lot of americans who offer them these jobs aswell :P

explicit words i know, selfcensor owns ;)

Yes, but if they were not here wages would rise. Business is using illegals to dilute the labor market to drive the real wage demands down.

Take away the welfare incentives, and punish the employers who ignore the immigration laws, and the problem with disappear.

YOu're right about the troops though - we're totally in support of removing all our bases and let you Europeans assume responsibility for your own defense again.

PaleoConservative
11-13-2007, 04:10 PM
"I think that the the Islamic terrorist threat is greatly exasperated by our continued presence in the Middle East. I think that if we would leave them the heck alone, they would go back to sectarian in-fighting and the threat of Islamic terrorism would vanish."

You have a very valid point here. I agree we suffer from blowback. However, as much as you and I don't like it, we are over there and we will be for awhile still. We have to protect our boarder better.

We have been over there for quite a long time, even after we leave the bad seeds will still be being sowed over there for awhile.

"The whole thing depends on whether you believe they hate us because we're Christian or whether they hate us because we are installing Christian troops on Islamic lands."

They hate us because we are over there. But like I said, we have to protect ourselves with reasonable measures now and work to change the foreign policy asap.

Lord Xar
11-13-2007, 04:24 PM
this ad will do wonders for him in Iowa. Iowians are FURIOUS over illegal immigration and rightly they should be.... more people should. You all are not "understanding" the common layperson.

This ad is gonna do wonders for him. This works on emotion, fear... a VERY STRONG motivator. Not only that, this ad is 100% true. There is nothing wrong with the message. Our BORDERS OUR 100% OPEN as denoted by 20+million illegals in this country.

"IF" the administration believes that "terror" is be warred on, then why are our borders wide open? Tancredo is capitlizing on something here that Ron Paul should.

Alabama Supporter
11-13-2007, 05:21 PM
This is a serious issue for sure, and actually one of Ron Paul's winning issues (illegal immigration)

I just saw Tancredo on CNN, and he basically said he "never expected to be in the top tier" and his campaign is all about bringing the issue to the forefront. He also said Guiliani had a sanctuary city and Romney was faking his immigration credentials.

He mentioned that he liked Duncan Hunter the best out of all the candidates.

european
11-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Yes, but if they were not here wages would rise. Business is using illegals to dilute the labor market to drive the real wage demands down.

Take away the welfare incentives, and punish the employers who ignore the immigration laws, and the problem with disappear.

YOu're right about the troops though - we're totally in support of removing all our bases and let you Europeans assume responsibility for your own defense again.

i do wonder why there isnt more strict enforcement of the law towards those companies then. and tbh, it is a bad thing if the illegals are driving the wage demands down :(
what is ron pauls stand on this? i missed that one.
also abolishing the irs will give everyone in america an increase again, so thats good aswell.

and about the troops. yes please :) i think we are able to do that, certainly with the current international politics. we probably get more russian influences here, specially due to commodities like electricity. but i dont see any harm in that. we do trade with nations world wide. we only get into wars when your country starts one. and well... we had the yugoslavia-incident. but i guess we could have taken care of that ourselves aswell. america did help with bombing the place, but on the other hand america did support the mujihadin / al qaida branche there aswell. caused a small european-american riot on political level back then.

anyways, we do honor the help we recieved in WW2, and that was most welcome. but these days we dont need help. when we need it we will ask for it, and then we'll see if we get it or not... i guess with ron paul as president we won't. so our own leaders have to make sure we don't get into wars. which is only good :D specially since europeans don't like wars that much these days.
and in my opinion we still have a favour to return to america because of WW2.

Lord Xar
11-13-2007, 05:49 PM
i do wonder why there isnt more strict enforcement of the law towards those companies then. and tbh, it is a bad thing if the illegals are driving the wage demands down :(
what is ron pauls stand on this? i missed that one.
also abolishing the irs will give everyone in america an increase again, so thats good aswell.

and about the troops. yes please :) i think we are able to do that, certainly with the current international politics. we probably get more russian influences here, specially due to commodities like electricity. but i dont see any harm in that. we do trade with nations world wide. we only get into wars when your country starts one. and well... we had the yugoslavia-incident. but i guess we could have taken care of that ourselves aswell. america did help with bombing the place, but on the other hand america did support the mujihadin / al qaida branche there aswell. caused a small european-american riot on political level back then.

anyways, we do honor the help we recieved in WW2, and that was most welcome. but these days we dont need help. when we need it we will ask for it, and then we'll see if we get it or not... i guess with ron paul as president we won't. so our own leaders have to make sure we don't get into wars. which is only good :D specially since europeans don't like wars that much these days.
and in my opinion we still have a favour to return to america because of WW2.

you are all over the place. relax, take a breather and focus your thoughts.

freelance
11-13-2007, 06:43 PM
does anyone remember the reports of Iraqis stopped at the mexican boarder right after the start of WW3? Man Im getting old my memory is foggy

Sure, Geraldo flew down there non-stop from Tora Bora to breathlessly report it.

framecut
11-13-2007, 06:47 PM
He really turns the fear up a notch in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZBjXr5CWUI&eurl=http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1107/Tancredo_launches_provocative_Iowa_ad.html

Comment from Youtube:

"VOTE TANCREDO OR PERISH IN FLAMES!!!"

Nothing like fear to motivate the masses...

huchahucha
11-13-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't mind the ad because this has been Tancredo's pet issue the whole campaign. The ad is so bold, it seems like an "all or nothing" gamble to me, and I can respect Tancredo for that - better to burn out than it is to rust.

Marceline88
11-13-2007, 07:03 PM
I am afraid......I am vewy afraid....afraid that this brilliant fear mongering commercial will dillute the base away from Huckster in Iowa. OH NO!!!

Seriously, most diehard NeoCon fooled folks are not going to convert to Paul...but Tancredo can help to pull support away from Romney and Huckey...so sweet pickles for this creepy-ass video.