PDA

View Full Version : Justin Raimondo's article regarding the future of the Ron Paul movement

Rad
02-13-2012, 01:50 AM
Here is the link to the article:
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2012/02/12/what-now/

My own opinion:
The military industrial congressional complex and it's financiers have this country by the throat. There is a lot of money to be made with Empire and parts of the country rely on making worthless bombs for subsistence. The ruling class wants Ron Paul to shut up about Empire and for us to be stooges who vote for their imperial president and his minions in congress. I don't want that. A sizable part of the Republican and Democrat voters will vote for whoever the idiot box tells them, or blindly vote for the nominee whoever that might be. That means we need to focus on people who have developed the ability to think for themselves and see beyond the propaganda.

I think we should focus on working with everyone who doesn't want to be ruled by big corporations, who want to end NAFTA, who want to end the empire, restore our civil liberties, end the war on drugs, bring jobs back to America, and regain monetary sanity. There are Nader, Kucinich folks out there who will join us on these issues. There will be compromises and a lot of head butting but they are our only allies. People like Jon Stewart and Glenn Greenwald have stuck their necks out for us. We need to convince them to join the Republican party so we can take it without compromising on what is the most important issues of our day. We need to find candidates we all can get behind and restore the American Republic, and decentralize power back to the states, local communities, and individuals! For that to happen there needs to be dialogue so the corporate media can't turn our candidates into boogeymen and women to keep us divided so they can continue to conquer us. They need to feel safe with federalism because the federal government is too unruly to control. Which is probably the number one issue that divides us. Abortion is another issue, but it can be dealt with through prevention. A compromise on immigration is going to have to be made as well.

We should have challengers against the incumbents each election cycle unless they are an ally. Pat Buchanan challenged George H.W. Bush in 1992 and he was right to do so in my opinion!

Bosco Warden
02-13-2012, 01:57 AM
Good post thanks, I will read the rest in the AM.

Indy Vidual
02-13-2012, 01:58 AM
Jon Stewart?
Good some of the time, but do you really trust him?

Rad
02-13-2012, 02:16 AM
I don't know the man personally but he at least plays a good person on TV. I thought he has been good for Ron Paul. He sees the world more like Ron Paul than other people in the national media except for Andrew Napolitano. Jon Stewart is human and human beings have flaws. He could have been really mean to Ron Paul. He wasn't.

cindy25
02-13-2012, 04:37 AM
every neo-con in congress should face a primary