PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Policy: Paul skeptic's comment on blog relating to port security.

Cortes
02-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Reading an article on Tom Woods' site, I came across this one comment:

"More than one has suggested nuclear security can be handled at with some of the new technologies at OUR ports. That is like checking baggage after the flight has arrived at its destination. We have spent a decade and a lot of money, well spent in my mind, working with foreign governments to allow us to install, and man such technologies in foreign ports.

If and when Iran gets the bomb it will not be launched by missile, it will be provided to terrorists for stealth delivery to our shores. When I hear an acknowledged expert on homeland security define how he backs Ron Paul then I will pay attention."

This is not some anonymous troll comment; I am giving this commenter the benefit of the doubt. Replies to the comment were ok, but I was dismayed that they didn't really get to the crux of it and address his question (I am planning on it, but I would first like to see the response here). A reply to the comment suggested Scheuer et al. Of course, these sources weren't 'reliable' enough (ie ignored), so that seems to be a little dishonesty going on there for our original commenter.

But I am curious to see how supporters here would answer his concern, since it is clear to me that border security is HUGE on RP's platform.

Curry
02-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Reading an article on Tom Woods' site, I came across this one comment:

"More than one has suggested nuclear security can be handled at with some of the new technologies at OUR ports. That is like checking baggage after the flight has arrived at its destination. We have spent a decade and a lot of money, well spent in my mind, working with foreign governments to allow us to install, and man such technologies in foreign ports.

If and when Iran gets the bomb it will not be launched by missile, it will be provided to terrorists for stealth delivery to our shores. When I hear an acknowledged expert on homeland security define how he backs Ron Paul then I will pay attention."

This is not some anonymous troll comment; I am giving this commenter the benefit of the doubt. Replies to the comment were ok, but I was dismayed that they didn't really get to the crux of it and address his question (I am planning on it, but I would first like to see the response here). A reply to the comment suggested Scheuer et al. Of course, these sources weren't 'reliable' enough (ie ignored), so that seems to be a little dishonesty going on there for our original commenter.

But I am curious to see how supporters here would answer his concern, since it is clear to me that border security is HUGE on RP's platform.

It is not in Iran's best interest to just simply give a Nuclear weapon away!!!

especially to terrorists...

Just like the US suffers blow back from actions taken in the region and past, Iran giving a weapon away and terrorists who use it or attempt to use it will result in blow back to Iran and the response will be complete and absolute.

Blow back happens to other nation states too its not something that happens solely to the US (but it happens a lot.......)

as for security in ports as troller posted you might not need to even search your ports as much if the US ceased to piss off, bomb, kill, disrespect, prop up, fund oppression and impose the will of the US on another state.

otherone
02-13-2012, 07:41 AM
It's vexing how 'everyone but Paul' seems to be able to magically keep 'bad guys' from blowing us up. America is a FREE country. How can we keep gangs of hoodlums from 'flash-mobbing' and knocking over granny? How can we prevent terrorists from slipping through borders? How can we keep hackers from disrupting our infrastructure? How can we keep postal employees from going postal? How can we keep solar flares from knocking out our electric grid? Asteroids from extincting our asses? Pandemics from west-niling us? Teenagers from columbining us? Stinkbugs from stinking us?
WE CAN'T.
DR. PAUL CAN'T
NO ONE CAN
People will vote for the promise of security.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
-Churchill

What ever happened to all of those hundreds of missing nukes that disappeared after the Soviet Union fell? REMEMBER?