PDA

View Full Version : We need a push for a Washington County straw poll.

boneyard bill
02-12-2012, 02:22 PM
It's hard to separate fact from fiction in all the stuff I've been reading. What one source says often seems to be contradicted by other sources. But here's what the situation seems to be as far as I can tell.

The Washington County GOP Chairman, a Romney supporter, is now reportedly saying that he wouldn't have postponed the caucuses if he had known that Washington County's totals would have been excluded from the state total. This sounds to me like a guy who is hearing it from his fellow GOP people in that county and is trying to recover from the criticism, but it's also possible that he is totally sincere.

Either way, it appears that Washington County will not be included in the "official" Maine count. But that doesn't mean it can't be counted. Even the MSM can add. So all we need is to assure that a straw poll count is actually held in all the precincts in Washington county and that Ron Paul wins that count by at least two hundred votes. The RP campaign can then cite that count and claim victory in Maine.

So anybody who has connections in Maine, and especially in Washington County, or to the Ron Paul campaign, needs to call those people to assure that pressure is put on the Washington County Chairman to see to it that the straw poll count is still taken in his county. After all, if he's so disappointed to see that his county was excluded, all he has to do is make sure that there is a credible set of numbers to be added to the current state totals.

This process could also continue in other upstate counties. After all, the official count is meaningless except for PR and, under the circumstances, an unofficial count would have more credibility.

What would really be great would be to get someone like Jon Stewart to pick up on this the way he did with the media coverage of Ron Paul's showing after the Iowa Straw Poll. He's a master at ridicule and if there's anything worse than being proven wrong, it's being shown to be ridiculous.
But less talented people can also make a contribution. So attracting media attention to this could also turn this "loss" into a bigger victory than simply a small win in a tiny state.

bkreigh
02-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Chris Gardner is the Washington County Chairman. I no longer live in Maine but i have met that guy a couple times. He wears many hats in Washington County and the town of Eastport. I didnt care for him when i met him and I sure as hell dont care for him now. This guy will suck off whoever he needs to in the GOP. He is no friend of ours to say the least.

BuddyRey
02-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Bump!

123tim
02-12-2012, 04:28 PM
//

kill the banks
02-12-2012, 04:33 PM
I think we are fighting for the truth ( in an empire of lies ) and we should pursue it

Hoax
02-12-2012, 05:04 PM
He's just covering his ass. I don't think GOP members in Washington County are very happy that they've been disenfranchised, and his head will be on the chopping block. I expect he will say everything and do nothing.

Vanilluxe
02-12-2012, 06:24 PM
and part of Hancock County too!