PDA

View Full Version : What the RP Revolution could accomplish

MrMotown
11-12-2007, 07:39 PM
I think this is an interesting idea... And even though it's a bit pessimistic to start thinking about what might happen if RP doesn't win the Primary, I think it's important... Anyways, the article talks about RP potentially fighting against the two party system. He seems like a perfect candidate to do so.

http://www.socyberty.com/Politics/What-the-Ron-Paul-Revolution-Could-Accomplish.57586

Go RON PAUL!

ChicagoLawyer
11-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Talk about an independent run or invigorating third party hopes, in my opinion, is not the way to go and will only lead to failure. I sincerely hope that if Ron Paul does not get the nomination that he stays in the party and helps to do what Howard Dean and his followers have tried to do (and to some extent done) in the Democratic Party. They've vaulted into positions of leadership and help drive the debate within their movement.

Imagine what we could do in the GOP with the energy we've displayed in the campaign! I know of lot of neocons say they want nothing to do with us, but interest, money, and showing up to the "party" counts. If we keep the freedom movement going within the GOP after Ron Paul is (lets hope not) not the nominee, imagine what can happen within the party in local and congressional elections in 2010 and in the White House race in 2012. The party will be there for the taking. Let's do it!

Thomas Paine
11-12-2007, 08:18 PM
I agree with ChicagoLawyer. The GOP is ripe for a takeover. The establishment GOP is spent of any new ideas and energy and ready for new Revolutionaries to reinvigorate it with the idealism of Barry Goldwater.

justinc.1089
11-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Yeah we need to try to hold the meetup groups together along with this forum for the purpose of electing more "Ron Pauls."

I was thinking, as much momentum as this grassroots movement has we could probably win congressional elections. If we pushed 2 Representatives each election for the next 3 elections, we could elect 6 Ron Pauls in only 6 years assuming our candidates win their elections! Although my guess is we could probably do more like 12 representatives in 3 elections/ 6 years.

foofighter20x
11-12-2007, 08:28 PM
I agree with ChicagoLawyer. The GOP is ripe for a takeover. The establishment GOP is spent of any new ideas and energy and ready for new Revolutionaries to reinvigorate it with the idealism of Barry Goldwater.

Can it be a hostile takeover?!

And can we dress like pirates when we execute our plan?!! :D

bmcosti
11-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Talk about an independent run or invigorating third party hopes, in my opinion, is not the way to go and will only lead to failure. I sincerely hope that if Ron Paul does not get the nomination that he stays in the party and helps to do what Howard Dean and his followers have tried to do (and to some extent done) in the Democratic Party. They've vaulted into positions of leadership and help drive the debate within their movement.

Imagine what we could do in the GOP with the energy we've displayed in the campaign! I know of lot of neocons say they want nothing to do with us, but interest, money, and showing up to the "party" counts. If we keep the freedom movement going within the GOP after Ron Paul is (lets hope not) not the nominee, imagine what can happen within the party in local and congressional elections in 2010 and in the White House race in 2012. The party will be there for the taking. Let's do it!

I agree that we should continue to work inside the GOP, there are tremendous strategic advantages to doing so. With the Religious Right loosing influence & power there is a opportunity to Replace them with a strong peace, freedom, and Constitution wing of the party. Heck, we need to build this caucus even when Ron Paul does win the Presidency.

justinc.1089
11-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Yeah either way we need to try hard to hold together this forum and the meetup groups, and to keep people coming on the forum and going to meetup groups. We also need to keep people working to get "Ron Pauls" elected as well.

I really think after getting Paul the presidency we need to aim for the House of Representatives next since it will be easier to win those elections, especially if we can keep this momentum together. Then we can go for Senate after that, and then Paul's second term will be about over, so we will be back onto the presidency again.

kill the banks
11-12-2007, 08:42 PM
some may not appreciate how far we have come ... we have broken many barriers trying to hold ron paul back and will surprise even ourselves i feel ... i predict this trend will capture americans in general including reagan democrats ... i'm getting very confident that we will win

kill the banks

Visual
11-12-2007, 08:43 PM

I forsee by the time I die either the Republican party brought together again like Reagan did, or it will fragment into Conservatives and Neocons.

bolidew
11-12-2007, 08:47 PM
1st post from a new member?!

I suggest moving this thread to "Hot Topic".

MrMotown
11-12-2007, 09:09 PM

Yes, Republican voters might be ready for a serious change.. But the establishment is not. The entire party seems to be working against RP... But that being said I'm still highly optimistic that he can pull this out.

torchbearer
11-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Can it be a hostile takeover?!

And can we dress like pirates when we execute our plan?!! :D

Dress like Ninjas not Pirates! Unless you are there for some booty.

Goldwater Conservative
11-12-2007, 09:31 PM
I think this is an interesting idea... And even though it's a bit pessimistic to start thinking about what might happen if RP doesn't win the Primary, I think it's important... Anyways, the article talks about RP potentially fighting against the two party system. He seems like a perfect candidate to do so.

http://www.socyberty.com/Politics/What-the-Ron-Paul-Revolution-Could-Accomplish.57586

Go RON PAUL!

While I believe Paul would do better than Perot if he were to run as an independent, or maybe even a Libertarian/Constitution fusion nominee, I think the GOP is going to go down so badly next year that sticking it out in the party would make Paul the man everyone turns to when they realize that they can't build a national party on one issue, especially this one (a foreign policy of nation-building). The way I see it, no matter what happens next year, we'll win.

MrMotown
11-12-2007, 09:39 PM
While I believe Paul would do better than Perot if he were to run as an independent, or maybe even a Libertarian/Constitution fusion nominee, I think the GOP is going to go down so badly next year that sticking it out in the party would make Paul the man everyone turns to when they realize that they can't build a national party on one issue, especially this one (a foreign policy of nation-building). The way I see it, no matter what happens next year, we'll win.

I'm not fully sure I understand... Are you saying he'd win as the fusion candidate or that the GOP would do so poorly that he'd be primed for another run in 2012? I think by then he'd be too old. In that regard it's too bad he's not a bit younger.

justinc.1089
11-12-2007, 09:49 PM
What do you guys think of keeping this forum going and the meetups going to try to get more "Ron Pauls" elected?

I think that should be the ultimate goal of the Ron Paul Revolution, to change the direction government is going, and the only way to do that is not only to win the presidency but more importantly congress.

And I know if we're putting up this much of a fight for the presidential election we could win congressional elections.

MrMotown
11-12-2007, 09:52 PM
What do you guys think of keeping this forum going and the meetups going to try to get more "Ron Pauls" elected?

I think that should be the ultimate goal of the Ron Paul Revolution, to change the direction government is going, and the only way to do that is not only to win the presidency but more importantly congress.

And I know if we're putting up this much of a fight for the presidential election we could win congressional elections.

I am 100% for it, and I will continue to fight in whatever way I can. Once we get RP elected the other politicians will start to take notice. Once that happens we'll have new candidates to back. If this country is going to return to its constitutional background it will be because of this movement.

Goldwater Conservative
11-12-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm not fully sure I understand... Are you saying he'd win as the fusion candidate or that the GOP would do so poorly that he'd be primed for another run in 2012? I think by then he'd be too old. In that regard it's too bad he's not a bit younger.

I meant next year. I think he's one of the only people both parties would jointly nominate. Such a candidacy would appeal to disgruntled social conservatives in addition to the cross-section of America that I think a Libertarian with name recognition would appeal to, especially nowadays. If he did that, however, he might burn some bridges, and if the party does go down in flames it's better if he stuck around so he can say "I told you so... now let's get to work".

justinc.1089
11-12-2007, 09:59 PM
I am 100% for it, and I will continue to fight in whatever way I can. Once we get RP elected the other politicians will start to take notice. Once that happens we'll have new candidates to back. If this country is going to return to its constitutional background it will be because of this movement.

Now I totally disagree with backing most politicians already elected. I mean the Senate is terrible, and the House is not much better, I mean some votes are like 420 to 1, with Paul being that 1. I think we need to look to state level politicians for records like Paul, and people willing to say openly they are for things like Paul too, and willing to pledge to stay that way publicly. Then I think they would be good enough to support.

If we can't find someone else like Paul, or close enough to him because there won't be another Ron Paul more than likely, then we can always choose someone from our own ranks that could make it happen if we must.

Richandler
11-12-2007, 10:01 PM
The movement must continue!

justinc.1089
11-12-2007, 10:04 PM
So win or lose we're going to push hard to keep the meetup groups together and this forum, and to keep people on this forum and going to the meetup groups right?

And then we're going to try to elect more Ron Pauls right?

Everyone don't give up our movement for freedom...

torchbearer
11-12-2007, 10:17 PM
So win or lose we're going to push hard to keep the meetup groups together and this forum, and to keep people on this forum and going to the meetup groups right?

And then we're going to try to elect more Ron Pauls right?

Everyone don't give up our movement for freedom...

Check out http://www.ronpaulsacrossamerica.com a site Trevor Lyman created off of an idea we can up with when he was developing my original campaign website.

Also, read this thread about Ron Paul like candidates:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=7993

nexus7
11-23-2007, 02:01 AM

Go RON PAUL!

I guess he won't be promoted as much is he wasn't a democrat or republican.

But with all the money he's recieved, i'm still not sure why that is the case.

Perhaps you get a ton of extra media, $ and party support as a dem or repub.

I don't really see that happening with the media though and I think the neocons who have lodged themselves into the repub. party structure will try their best to ruin dr. paul and kill his support.