PDA

View Full Version : Maine and Perception: We Can Still Win Maine! Really!

tennman
02-12-2012, 12:23 PM
So there are still votes to be made in Maine and they will happen in a couple of weeks. If Paul supporters go vote, we could still win on paper. I can't see other supporters being motivated to vote because Newt and Frothy are way too far behind to matter and the Romney folks have no reason because they've heard that he's already "won."

So if Paul comes out with more votes, a very real possibility, perception is on our side. It'd be similar to Iowa. We start posting on Facebook and Twitter that all the votes have finally been counted and that Paul won. Some media outlets will pick it up that way (at least Drudge). We can run with that.

Heck the campaign should be all over this, quietly organizing to get out the vote. Romney and no one else will be...so we would win.

Thoughts?

jbuttell
02-12-2012, 12:25 PM
I agree completely. it's worth a shot.

JuicyG
02-12-2012, 12:26 PM
I think you`re 100% right. This is the scenario I see unfolding. Some media will ignore it, some won`t, because at the end of the day media is a business also that makes money selling news. Of course many are in the business of manufacturing news, but if you don`t report a story everyone`s talking about, you just look bad as a station or network. If we can make all facebook and twitter swarm with this information once it comes out, they won`t be able to ignore it.

eleganz
02-12-2012, 12:27 PM
phone from home gotv? ads? whats going on, on the ground?

opinionatedfool
02-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Totally agree!

tennman
02-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Will the campaign do this though? Surely if little ole me can see this, they can.

Paul Fan
02-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Don't rely on the campaign. They are busy. This is a job for the grassroots. We need to identify individuals who live in the caucus towns, and get them to vote.

Who is from Maine? Who knows anyone at the Maine Maritime Academy?

tennman
02-12-2012, 02:01 PM
The campaign is too busy to...win?

bluesc
02-12-2012, 02:02 PM
YOU'RE NOT BEING A REALIST! SHUT UP! DURRR FIRE JESSE BENTON!!!111!

/s

socal
02-12-2012, 02:21 PM
For any of you with an interest in history,

"Remember the Maine!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Maine_%28ACR-1%29

Louis Vouid
02-12-2012, 07:02 PM
The campaign is too busy to...win?

No...too busy to "win" something that doesn't matter. For the very reasons mentioned, it WOULDN'T be talked about. Because it would be like the Lakers beating the Clippers 98-95 after 48 minutes and going back to the locker rooms while the Clippers stuck around and put the ball in the basket two more times and claimed a 99-98 victory.

Romney's came would simply (and accurately) point out that since the "game" was over, his supporters didn't feel the need to come out and vote.

Ron Paul is not going to spend money for votes that don't matter in the grand picture. With limited money, you have to focus solely on states and delegates. Not fake victories.

And I hate to stick a mirror in front of your face, but if yesterday's vote showed Paul ahead by a couple hundred, and then Romney ended up getting 250 more votes over the last caucuses, you would be the FIRST to say how meaningless those votes were.

slamhead
02-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Realize that in 2008 only 115 people even caucused total in Washington county. Even if Paul was to get 50% there would have to be a turn out of at least 388 just to get the 194 needed.

Vanilluxe
02-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Realize that in 2008 only 115 people even caucused total in Washington county. Even if Paul was to get 50% there would have to be a turn out of at least 388 just to get the 194 needed.

Actually, half of Hancock County has not caucused yet and there are other cities that will do it on the 18th. So we do have some buffer to fill in.

presence
02-13-2012, 08:14 PM
This is the GRASSROOTS TIPPING POINT for RP 2012 MOMENTUM!

Could Ron Paul Still Win Maine?
February 12, 2012, 8:44 pm
By NATE SILVER

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/could-ron-paul-still-win-maine/

"Ron Paul’s campaign is claiming that it could still win the presidential preference poll in the Maine caucus because of a county that postponed its vote and will hold its caucus next Saturday, Feb. 18."

"A more likely scenario, perhaps, is that Mr. Paul ['s VOLUNTEER GRASSROOTS MACHINE] would work to turn out his supporters while the other campaigns would not. "

"If Mr. Paul were somehow to secure the 194-vote margin, that would create a messy scenario for the Maine G.O.P."

"A handful of Maine towns outside of Washington County have also not yet held caucuses. In those cases, however, the caucuses were scheduled for after Feb. 11 all along. Only 45 votes were cast in these towns in 2008,"

"Washington County might theoretically have some untapped potential for Mr. Paul. It is rural and relatively poor"

--------------------------------------

YOU HAVE FIVE DAYS!

NATIONAL RP GRASSROOTS TURN YOUR ATTENTION TO WASHINGTON CO MAINE!

Washington county, on the eastern most tip of the continental US, a rural county where folks were used to toughing it through bitter winters with little money, became the turning point in the defence of the Constitution, when after having been denied the LIBERTY to go out and vote because "the party" was concerned for their SAFETY in a snowstorm, voters stood up to be heard...

Tell the tale!

dirigo,

presence

tennman
02-13-2012, 09:13 PM

But there are plenty of people in that area to get the number of votes needed. There's got to be a list of people who support Paul somewhere for us to call. Does anyone know? I'll call!

Paulitics 2011
02-13-2012, 09:14 PM
NUMBER

ONE

PRIORITY

You can talk about delegates, and you have a point, but you need at least one state to win, and the momentum gained from winning a state is immeasurable.

tennman
02-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Exactly. And you can't tell me that we can't get LESS THAN 200 votes. We can do that. If you told me that all Ron Paul needed was 200 votes to win a state and that none of his competition would be campaigning I'd think you were joking.....and yet here it is.

So again, does anyone know of any lists of Paul supporters in that area in Maine or how it can be found we need to call them!

dskalkowski
02-13-2012, 09:54 PM

We're talking about a county with 5000+ Registered Republicans..

CTRattlesnake
02-13-2012, 09:55 PM
We're talking about a county with 5000+ Registered Republicans..

And 7,000+ unregistered voters

smartbandwidth
02-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Yes, remember the Maine! Maine was the 23rd state to enter the union. 23 corresponds to I (1) Am (14). It's time for the grassroots to rise above all these illusory clouds that are continually blamed on "the campaign." We know it's the campaign. We don't need to lose any more sleep or waste any of more of our energy. We know these things are true: 1) The campaign controls the media; 2) The campaign controls the vote; 3) The campaign controls the money system; 4) The campaign controls our schools and universities; 5) The campaign controls Congress; 6) The campaign controls our foreign policy. Ron Paul's 2012 campaign is embedded with agents from the campaign. All you can do is acknowledge this, call them out and keep the grassroots moving higher and higher towards the ultimate destination which is a restoration of our Constitutional Republic.

When you look at the map of the United States Maine is to the right. Maine is like a lighthouse. Maine is beacon of hope and faith for mankind. I am light! I Am right!

Period.

Who you gonna call!

tennman
02-14-2012, 09:02 AM
I emailed the campaign asking who to call in Washington Co.

I'm beginning to think that WE are the campaign!