PDA

View Full Version : Helping Homeless Vets!

No Free Beer
02-12-2012, 11:07 AM
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=10&link=ctg_vet_home_from_vet_thankyou_sitenav

All you have to do is click once a day (every 24 hrs) for free to help feed a homeless vet.

Please, it's just a click.

Thank you.

cheapseats
02-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Helping HOMELESS VETERANS strikes me as "natural" outreach, not for Ron Paul Supporters and #OathKeepers per se, but for politically/socially/economically AWARE people whose awareness compels them to support Ron Paul.

Should SERVICE TO HOMELESS VETERANS segue to discussion of Politics, which seems likely, I believe that the NEAREST CROSS STREETS to one's address-less-ness suffice for voter registration.

Elwar
02-12-2012, 07:30 PM
I spent a year in Iraq. I went as a defense contractor.

I was protected and surrounded by US soldiers. They had crappy duties, had to follow stricter rules, stand outside on guard duty, etc. And that was the soldiers that were not going out to battle and possibly die.

I was behind a computer in an air conditioned building. I had a lot more flexibility. Not to say it was cake for me but the soldiers had it much worse off.

I was paid probably close to 10 times what those soldiers putting their necks on the line were getting paid. Some even doing the same work next to me on their computers.

It should have been the other way around.

US soldiers should be treated like the knights of olden days when we go to war.

And we should not go to war unless we are attacked or are under threat of attack. But if we do go to war we give those who go face death for our country enough so that they are set for life. They should be treated like rock stars.

But war should be so rare that we can afford such salaries.

No Free Beer
02-12-2012, 09:23 PM
I spent a year in Iraq. I went as a defense contractor.

I was protected and surrounded by US soldiers. They had crappy duties, had to follow stricter rules, stand outside on guard duty, etc. And that was the soldiers that were not going out to battle and possibly die.

I was behind a computer in an air conditioned building. I had a lot more flexibility. Not to say it was cake for me but the soldiers had it much worse off.

I was paid probably close to 10 times what those soldiers putting their necks on the line were getting paid. Some even doing the same work next to me on their computers.

It should have been the other way around.

US soldiers should be treated like the knights of olden days when we go to war.

And we should not go to war unless we are attacked or are under threat of attack. But if we do go to war we give those who go face death for our country enough so that they are set for life. They should be treated like rock stars.

But war should be so rare that we can afford such salaries.

good, so save that site to your computer and go on everyday.

oyarde
02-13-2012, 11:22 AM
The VA has a voucher program that will pay about 7k a year for homless Vets , if you know any , have them apply , as low income , they would also qualify for a medical plan.