PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst Case Strategy Moving Forward?

osan
02-12-2012, 10:05 AM
I am reticent to post these questions, but they have been gnawing at me for awhile and I have seen no discussion and I do believe the issues are important to the future of the United States and what little remains of human political freedom. Please pardon me if this is not the right forum in which to pose them.

We have been so focused on our efforts to support Ron Paul's bid for office that I wonder whether there has been any consideration of the strategy moving forward in the cases that he succeeds or fails.

If he wins, he will have an endlessly uphill battle with the grand parade of clowns we call "congress". The fight is going to be colossal for a President Paul. Therefore, in the best case of victory, how do we move forward to best pressure Congress to behave itself properly? Four years is a very short time and Dr. Paul, despite being spry still, is no spring chicken. Congress will know this and could simply go cold and wait him out. If perchance we succeed and Ron Paul becomes president, time will be of the essence and it will be very critical to our political future how we proceed in support of President Paul. Make no mistake about it that there will be every resource arrayed against him. Ron Paul will, therefore, be unable to do much of anything that has long term significance without strong and widespread public support. Short term changes can be reverted after the nuisance leaves office, rendering his presidency as nothing better than a delay in schedule for the jackals who are dismembering this nation piecemeal.

In the worst case where Dr. Paul is not elected I ask: what then? Liberty has been dealt many serious blows and those who would finish the job will show no quarter, of that I am certain. What do the people of America, those who accept the risks and rewards of proper human freedom, do moving forward? Those representing the prevailing drives of power will be further emboldened to carry forward further erosions of our rights. Nobody should fool themselves into believing that there is so much as the thinnest hope that government is going to back off at our polite request. These are sharks and the scent of blood in on the water. Given the implications of this, the very uncomfortable choice of shitting or getting off of the pot arises like a great sore thumb such that people can no longer ignore it while laying claim to rationality. If we love freedom as we say we do and if working within the system is not longer viable to our ends, what else then remains to us? How do we move forward in the face of bald-faced tyranny? Seriously, what ELSE do we do, given that nothing we have done thus far has produced results of any significant value?

Paulitics 2011
02-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Win-Lose-or-Draw, we need to come together as a political force and focus on Congress in 2014.

GraniteHills
02-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Liberty-minded people, attuned to our nation's pressing problems, have to step away from their computers and run for local office.

People like many of us. Think of the built-in social, PR, and fundraising network potential candidates already have if they, for example, share ideas in a community like this one.

"Average Joe" or "average Jane" has to take the power back.

sailingaway
02-12-2012, 10:14 AM
I think fall back strategies belong in hot topics since this forum is dedicated to getting Ron elected as the nominee.

If Ron wins he needs to use the bully pulpit to activate the populus to support his plans or at least oppose bad ones. He won't get everything he wants -- he believes in REPRESENTATIVE GOVERNMENT-- but a lot of what happens is because people don't even know what is going on until it is too late to bring their congress critters to heel, or because they NEVER have the overall impacts explained to them.

walt
02-12-2012, 10:17 AM
I think fall back strategies belong in hot topics since this forum is dedicated to getting Ron elected as the nominee.

Really? Then why are 1/3 of the posts about "educating people about liberty". I only wish the actions of this movement (and the campaign) matched your words above.

Paulitics 2011
02-12-2012, 10:45 AM

In my mind, regardless of what happens, we need to focus on one thing going forward - Congress.

If Ron wins, he's going to need a cooperative Congress to push his agenda.

If Ron loses, we need a Congress that will promote liberty and obstruct both the Republican and Democrats plans to undermine our civil liberties, keep the nation at war, and push us further into debt.