PDA

View Full Version : [video] Ron Paul Interview On Face The Nation Day After Maine Caucus 02/12/12

Immortal Technique
02-12-2012, 10:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzRi1L1W9rM

Airing Date Feb.12, 2012

kathy88
02-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Right before this aired they showed a clip from CPAC...

"A Conservative, a Liberal and a Moderate walk into a bar.... the bartender says, Hey Mitt!"

ROFL

MsDoodahs
02-12-2012, 10:07 AM
lol I saw that, Kathy, was very funny!

Suzu
02-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Well that wasn't much of an interview.

MyEyesTheyBurn
02-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Schieffer seemed a lot nicer this time. There's treachery afoot!

Bruno
02-12-2012, 10:26 AM
I thought it was a great interview. Ron turned Bob's constant questions about Mitt, the others, and the overall chances of a Republican winning, into what Ron wanted to talk about.

Sure he could have mentioned a few more points each of us which he would have snuck in, but overall he made the most of a series of crappy questions.

Bob was more polite, but his questions weren't any better than last time. He showed he colors when he said, "People may disagree with you, but I don't know anyone, including me, who doubts your sincerity." Which is to say Bob is at the extreme end of the list of people against Ron Paul.

justatrey
02-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks, great interview.

Very interesting statement by Paul at the end. Listen to it carefully. Paraphrasing: Yes, Romney can beat Obama but he also needs someone who also appeals to Democrats and Independents, and if people look at what I'm talking about, they'll see that that's me.

Hmm...

Ron Paul + YouTube= Free
02-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Schieffer lobs Ron a softball "so your saying that what governor Romney's problem with conservatives is in fact that he is not a conservative".

Dr. Paul "well I think he's conservative in some ways....."

Fail.

Dr Paul can you please attack mitt and the others a little. Especially when they make it easy and set it up for you. Just say yes he isn't a conservative.

Bruno
02-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks, great interview.

Very interesting statement by Paul at the end. Listen to it carefully. Paraphrasing: Yes, Romney can beat Obama but he also needs someone who also appeals to Democrats and Independents, and if people look at what I'm talking about, they'll see that that's me.

Hmm...

Listen to it again. That is not what he said, nor do I think that is what he meant.

"he can beat Obama, but I think YOU also need someone who can appeal to Independents and Democrats, and if people look carefully at what I've been talking about, they will see that my message does have an appeal across the political spectrum."

justatrey
02-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Listen to it again. That is not what he said, nor do I think that is what he meant.

"he can beat Obama, but I think YOU also need someone who can appeal to Independents and Democrats, and if people look carefully at what I've been talking about, they will see that my message does have an appeal across the political spectrum."

Hmm, ok I listened to it like 10 times now (LOL), and each time I hear something else. When I try to hear "you", that's what I hear. When I try to hear, "he", that's what I hear.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it was "you", but I'm interested to know what other hear when they listen to it.

dillo
02-12-2012, 11:07 AM
I really thought ron handled this interview well and i dont understand why everyone is freaking out about the last sentence. Listen to the last 2. Context

speciallyblend
02-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Schieffer lobs Ron a softball "so your saying that what governor Romney's problem with conservatives is in fact that he is not a conservative".

Fail.

Dr Paul can you please attack mitt and the others a little. Especially when they make it easy and set it up for you. Just say yes he isn't a conservative.

that was the worse, he should of just asked romney out for a date!

sailingaway
02-12-2012, 11:10 AM
that was the worse, he should of just asked romney out for a date!

speciallyblend, of all the people to be angry at today, is RON really the right target?

Bruno
02-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Hmm, ok I listened to it like 10 times now (LOL), and each time I hear something else. When I try to hear "you", that's what I hear. When I try to hear, "he", that's what I hear.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it was "you", but I'm interested to know what other hear when they listen to it.

That's because you just heard the word "he" a few seconds before that. He does say "he", but in the next part of the sentence.

Here's the context:

"He, (Romney) can beat Obama, but you (America) need someone who appeals with Democrats and Independents."

Jeremy Tyler
02-12-2012, 11:12 AM
I clearly heard "you" and it was first time hearing it.

alex_florida
02-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Definitely "You"

olsonly
02-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Grow up. You have to be pragmatic.

Constitutional Paulicy
02-12-2012, 11:18 AM
speciallyblend, of all the people to be angry at today, is RON really the right target?

Bro. It's easy to see why your a moderator. You deserve the role.

ryanmkeisling
02-12-2012, 11:23 AM
He can't believe that Romney can beat Obama? That's just ludicrous. Why is he being so nice?

justatrey
02-12-2012, 11:23 AM
OK, "you" it was. He didn't misspeak, I guess I just misheard what he was saying.

ClydeCoulter
02-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Ron Paul handled the questions very well. I was pleased to see that he did not fall for positioning of the questions. Ron Paul can see the deceitful leading of the questions.

Very well done. Very mature.

AlexMerced
02-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Ron Paul handled it fine, he was honest.

The question was CAN Romney beat Obama not WILL he beat Obama.

THe only honest answer to that question is yes, cause hypothetically romney CAN beat obama.

So he handled it fine, as far as the last couple of sentences, those were fine as well establishing what is the Ron Paul added value on the ticket

Gary4Liberty
02-12-2012, 11:50 AM

Fail.

ya really. The correct answer is "because hes not a conservative". and "yes I think he can beat obama, but so can I" ok great. The correct answer is "no I dont think he can beat obama because he cant pull democrats, independents and youth vote like I can, and even if he did win somehow he wouldnt be any different than obama, deficit getting bigger, more wars, less freedom, less middle class" WHy cant he just say it that way?

ClydeCoulter
02-12-2012, 01:16 PM
As I stated earlier, Ron Paul handled the questions very well, this was not a blow out large interview. The questions were very purposefully leading, and he handled it well. They were hoping for him to jump on the theme of the questions as they were posed so that they could harm him, but wisely, he did not.

Ron cannot gloat like the other candidates attempt to do. None of the candidates are blowing away the field. Arrogancy will not help.