PDA

View Full Version : Denver County Colorado GOP

speciallyblend
02-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Hi RPF i have been angry for days, but it seems after all my hard work and being precinct chair. The denver gop basically tried to act like i wasn't even there. I got an email basically saying i was not a delegate even though i got 8 out of 10 votes and i was precinct chair. Well i can tell you i have been beyond angry. After many angry words from me and threats to hold the gop accountable and the ron paul campaign defending me on all levels and the voters defending me on all levels. It seems i am getting my delegate spot back that i fucking worked for. Spending days in a snowstorm and knocking on every door in my precinct that was reg republican!

If you wanna talk about the gop crapping on someone. They just shit all over me and picked the wrong person to shit on!! I am somehow becoming a delegate again. I will be running as a congressional delegate for Ron Paul. I will know more within a week i hope. I have worked so hard for this since 2007!!

I want to go to tampa but lack funds, should i create a chipin? If i do go then fine but if not i am thinking of donating the sum to a pac or liberty org. Does rpf want me to go to tampa because i sure do!

If so please encourage me to go to tampa. I need some encouragement to get there. I cannot believe the crap going on in other states let alone colorado! I am doing my best to STAND STRONG but it is hard when the gop is trying to use chainsaws to cut me/us down!!

They(rp folks) are saying i will need 2000-3000 to get to tampa. I have given every spare dime i had to ron paul and even money i didn't have. I want to stand loud and proud in tampa for RON PAUL 2012. i try to stay positive about all this but it is beating me down!

I am at a loss of words on many subjects right now and i need a way to focus my anger. I feel helpless in many ways!

to be honest if i cannot get this chipin full. Then i need not bother other then voting for someone else. I just cannot afford anything anymore. What has happened personally to my wife is a long story and really doesn't matter anymore that we got fucked over by insurance,banks. We are still trying to get on our feet 5 years later and still cannot afford to fight back.

at your mercy,kenny

edit , i am now a county delegate,so we will see where i go from there!

ps this is the short version , the denver county gop is trying to say i was not verified which is a complete lie ,since you had to verify to get a ballot to even vote. We had 10 folks there including me and everyone i verified including myself so we could even get 10 ballots. I was nominated as precinct chair and i was voted with 8 votes for a delegate spot. the straw poll vote went 6 ron paul/3 santorum/1 newt and to be elected as a delegate, i got all 6 ron paul votes and 2 crossover(santorum/newt). bottom line if they were going to kick me out .They would nullify the whole precinct! I signed my delegate paperwork and it "dissappeared" from a sealed envelope. they say!! of course the gop contact is like we did nothing wrong? ha. Well if you did nothing wrong how become i am a delegate again, they say! I will wait for some concrete paperwork! I surely do not trust the gop!

CasualApathy
02-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Hi RPF i have been angry for days, but it seems after all my hard work and being precinct chair. The denver gop basically tried to act like i wasn't even there. I got an email basically saying i was not a delegate even though i got 8 out of 10 votes and i was precinct chair. Well i can tell you i have been beyond angry. After many angry words from me and threats to hold the gop accountable and the ron paul campaign defending me on all levels and the voters defending me on all levels. It seems i am getting my delegate spot back that i fucking worked for. Spending days in a snowstorm and knocking on every door in my precinct that was reg republican!

If you wanna talk about the gop crapping on someone. They just shit all over me and picked the wrong person to shit on!! I am somehow becoming a delegate again. I will be running as a congressional delegate for Ron Paul. I will know more within a week i hope. I have worked so hard for this since 2007!!

I want to go to tampa but lack funds, should i create a chipin? If i do go then fine but if not i am thinking of donating the sum to a pac or liberty org. Does rpf want me to go to tampa because i sure do!

If so please encourage me to go to tampa. I need some encouragement to get there. I cannot believe the crap going on in other states let alone colorado! I am doing my best to STAND STRONG but it is hard when the gop is trying to use chainsaws to cut me/us down!!

They(rp folks) are saying i will need 2000-3000 to get to tampa. I have given every spare dime i had to ron paul and even money i didn't have. I want to stand loud and proud in tampa for RON PAUL 2012. i try to stay positive about all this but it is beating me down!

I am at a loss of words on many subjects right now and i need a way to focus my anger. I feel helpless in many ways!

to be honest if i cannot get this chipin full. Then i need not bother other then voting for someone else. I just cannot afford anything anymore. What has happened personally to my wife is a long story and really doesn't matter anymore that we got fucked over by insurance,banks. We are still trying to get on our feet 5 years later and still cannot afford to fight back.

at your mercy,kenny

I'm sorry to hear about your trouble friend, GOP sucks :(

You need 2000-3000 dollars to go to tampa though? That's crazy expensive o_0

speciallyblend
02-12-2012, 09:55 AM
yeah from gop folks i have talked to . that is about average for a national delegate! I will not create a chipin until i have final word from my denver ron paul folks and figure out if i will be on the slate to go!! Once i know then i will make a chipin. i just wanted folks to have a heads up on what was going on. In my delegate speech i even got a santorum and newt supporter to cross over to vote for me! It was really nice having them back me up to!

speciallyblend
02-12-2012, 10:06 AM
the denver county gop is trying to say i was not verified which is a complete lie ,since you had to verify to get a ballot to even vote. We had 10 folks there including me and everyone i verified including myself so we could even get 10 ballots. I was nominated as precinct chair and i was voted with 8 votes for a delegate spot. the straw poll vote went 6 ron paul/3 santorum/1 newt and to be elected as a delegate, i got all 6 ron paul votes and 2 crossover(santorum/newt). bottom line if they were going to kick me out .They would nullify the whole precinct! I signed my delegate paperwork and it "dissappeared" from a sealed envelope. they say!! of course the gop contact is like we did nothing wrong? ha. Well if you did nothing wrong how become i am a delegate again, they say! I will wait for some concrete paperwork! I surely do not trust the gop!

satchelmcqueen
02-12-2012, 10:37 AM
fuckers!

Paul Fan
02-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Keep fighting! Insist on fairness. Also, it might be useful to document (and if possible and legal) record, every conversation and communication with them about this issue. Keep them honest.

A bigger worry is, are they trying this stunt with others who may not have the strength/ability to fight back?

Don't worry about getting to Tampa. The money will be there when the time comes.

Bosco Warden
02-12-2012, 02:27 PM
We need to start a Christmas card list, so we can show our appreciating year round for these GOP reps.

Who's with me?

:rolleyes:

HOLLYWOOD
02-12-2012, 02:33 PM
I think it is more important to findout where this is being conducted at the Local level, county, and state levels. Obviously, the RNC establishment are trying to ensure they get THEIR DELEGATES to the convention in Tampa, FL.

I would like to see what's happening in the other precincts/counties with delegates that have been denied. Is there a list? Who controls it?

Invi
02-12-2012, 02:50 PM
I dunno what they're telling you the cost of airfare is in that, but you can probably get it cheaper via cheapair.com or by flying Southwest with their web-only rates. Of course, those things have to be reserved at least a couple weeks ahead of time for the best rates. That may take a significant sum off of that. Then of course, where you stay, you can probably cut some cash out there by staying at a cheaper hotel than what they are estimating. Overall, I doubt it'll come to that much, but when the time comes, I don't think the supporters here are going to let it flop if you get to go to the national convention. lol. The money will come, even if only because the other people who could pay to go are unable to, and really want Ron to have the best possible chance.

steph3n
02-12-2012, 02:54 PM
yeah from gop folks i have talked to . that is about average for a national delegate! I will not create a chipin until i have final word from my denver ron paul folks and figure out if i will be on the slate to go!! Once i know then i will make a chipin. i just wanted folks to have a heads up on what was going on. In my delegate speech i even got a santorum and newt supporter to cross over to vote for me! It was really nice having them back me up to!

Don't worry when it comes time for you to go to Tampa we'll have you covered :)

Glad the campaign backed you in this and you got your rightful spot back.

Miss Annie
02-12-2012, 02:57 PM
First I want to say "Thank you!" for all the shit and corruption you have put up with! Hang in there and keep fighting.
Next, I agree with Invi, I believe the money will come. I know I would support a fund to help delegates get to Tampa..... no question! :)

bluesc
02-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Where's my friend who is claiming the Paul campaign is lying down and taking it?

Kick ass :D.

Justinfrom1776
02-12-2012, 03:04 PM
What exactly has the GOP done to deserve to be graced by the good doctor? They shit on the one man with the message that could save them.. Let them drown, let them fall down the stairs with their hands in their pockets.. Cowards!

samforpaul
02-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Good luck, speciallyblend. I commend your work and fight.

Please don't take this as a smarl alec response, but if you're willing to go Greyhound, rates look to be around $220.00.

eduardo89
02-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Good luck, speciallyblend. I commend your work and fight.

Please don't take this as a smarl alec response, but if you're willing to go Greyhound, rates look to be around $220.00.

Is the a return ticket? Seems very reasonable.

Also, I'm sure if you end up getting a delegate spot there are more than a few people in the Tampa area who would be willing to give you a place to stay!

Savvy Jack
02-12-2012, 04:06 PM
I live in Georgia, 3 hours from Tampa. I am going to try to become a delegate here in south Georgia. At least if I get selected, I don't have far to go. What expenses other than travel can be expected?

oyarde
02-13-2012, 12:11 PM
SpeciallyBlend , when your sure you are going , pm me a mailing address.

helmuth_hubener
02-13-2012, 12:21 PM
If I get in to be a delegate to Tampa, how about I just swing by and pick you up (from Wyoming)? There's no reason to need $3000, that's crazy. Anyone who is elected to be a national delegate I am *sure* the campaign and the grassroots can accomodate, so don't sweat that.

steph3n
02-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Can also share hotel rooms when the time comes, don't buy the conference hotel or their rates :)

Kelly.
02-13-2012, 01:08 PM
I signed my delegate paperwork and it "dissappeared" from a sealed envelope.

this is all i needed to read,

gerryb
02-13-2012, 01:31 PM
I live in Georgia, 3 hours from Tampa. I am going to try to become a delegate here in south Georgia. At least if I get selected, I don't have far to go. What expenses other than travel can be expected?

Make sure to get prepared with some knowledge on the process, and bring some friends!

Grassroots organizing page for delegates
http://ga4ronpaul.com/Delegate.aspx

gerryb
02-13-2012, 01:37 PM
There's no reason to need $3000, that's crazy.

This is a tactic of the establishment.

Oh, it will cost the world for you to attend!!

Oh!! It's going to take the whole weekend for our precinct convention!!

Oh, it's so boring! I wish I could stay home and watch football!

Savvy Jack
02-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Make sure to get prepared with some knowledge on the process, and bring some friends!

Grassroots organizing page for delegates
http://ga4ronpaul.com/Delegate.aspx

Yes, signed up there and was sent an email and password to watch the training video. Been in contact with my county leader. (forget the correct terminology :D

helmuth_hubener
02-13-2012, 04:48 PM
This is a tactic of the establishment.

Oh, it will cost the world for you to attend!!

Oh!! It's going to take the whole weekend for our precinct convention!!

Oh, it's so boring! I wish I could stay home and watch football!

Agreed.

Working Poor
02-13-2012, 04:56 PM
((((((((speciallyblend)))))))

Thank you so much for all you have done.

Tinnuhana
02-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Isaiah 50:7

lib3rtarian
02-13-2012, 06:54 PM
I hope you win this fight, speciallyblend (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?2873-speciallyblend). Pretty sure the grassroots in FL can help when the time comes. There will be Paul supporters in Tampa or surrounding areas who can accommodate you and drive you around. Don't worry.

I'll be trying to become a national delegate myself, and if I make it, I'll be on the same boat as you.

speciallyblend
02-14-2012, 04:12 AM
I hope you win this fight, speciallyblend (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?2873-speciallyblend). Pretty sure the grassroots in FL can help when the time comes. There will be Paul supporters in Tampa or surrounding areas who can accommodate you and drive you around. Don't worry.

I'll be trying to become a national delegate myself, and if I make it, I'll be on the same boat as you.

I am now a county delegate officially. The 2000-3000 figure was from ron paul folks not gop establishment. Yes i will do my best to keep it cheap. I guess we will cross that bridge when it comes. I will show up to my colorado caucus and go thru the motions and see where it takes me. after seeing the fraud in other states by the gop. I don't really expect much but more gop corruption! What i do know is i will always hold the gop accountable for everything!

Mark37snj
02-14-2012, 04:17 AM
We are Grassroots, there has got to be a way to provide housing for those attending the Convention. Renting an entire home, sleep where there is room, Paulbots opening their home in the area to Delegates, etc.

Tinnuhana
02-14-2012, 05:41 AM
Need something like the Underground Railroad, only going south instead of to Canada.
Another thing would be like how we do transports for rescued dogs: you set up a route and people volunteer to drive sections of the route, with some offering overnights. We probably have some pet rescue people on the forums who know more about setting these up than I do. Nice thing about doing this with people is you don't have to worry about them running away at some strange rest stop.

XTreat
02-14-2012, 07:07 AM
My mom lives in Kissimmee, I am willing to bet she would put 3-4 of you up for free. It's about A 90 minute drive to Tampa.

lib3rtarian
02-14-2012, 09:48 AM
My mom lives in Kissimmee, I am willing to bet she would put 3-4 of you up for free. It's about A 90 minute drive to Tampa.

There ya go. Cool! We should document these accommodation offers in a separate thread, so that we won't have to scramble at the last moment begging around.

Now that I think of it, I have a friend in Tampa, FL whom I have been out of touch for at 10 years now, but whom I can establish contact with and have him put someone up.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
02-14-2012, 10:09 AM
Guys, you HAVE TO STAY IN THE DESIGNATED HOTEL FOR YOUR STATE DELEGATION. You DO NOT HAVE AN OPTION. By becoming a National Delegate, you actually have to go through a security clearance, and your presence has to be accounted for. You HAVE to check in at the hotel. That is one of the checks that gets done.

You don't have to fly there with your delegation. You can drive, take a bus, etc., but if you are a delegate, you MUST stay at the assigned hotel. That is just a rule. That leads to a lot of the expense.

speciallyblend
02-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Guys, you HAVE TO STAY IN THE DESIGNATED HOTEL FOR YOUR STATE DELEGATION. You DO NOT HAVE AN OPTION. By becoming a National Delegate, you actually have to go through a security clearance, and your presence has to be accounted for. You HAVE to check in at the hotel. That is one of the checks that gets done.

You don't have to fly there with your delegation. You can drive, take a bus, etc., but if you are a delegate, you MUST stay at the assigned hotel. That is just a rule. That leads to a lot of the expense.

that makes sense!