PDA

View Full Version : CPAC Voted For Who?

TomL
02-11-2012, 10:53 PM
I heard it with my own ears from the CPAC pollster, and I am still having a hard time believing it. Mitt Romney won the CPAC straw poll. Am I dreaming? Is this a nightmare? It has to be. This can't be reality.

Where has these straw poll voters been for the past decade. Don't they know anything about Mitt Romney's record as governor of Messychusetts? How can these people think that Romney is a conservative?

This shows that CPAC is not a viable conservative organization anymore, if it ever was. 2 years straight Ron Paul won that straw poll. How can they possibly go from Ron Paul to Mitt Romney in the space of one year? Who paid these people off?

Greedy capitalism does not a conservative make. And Mitt Romney not only has a record of being a very liberal governor, he also has a record of being a greedy capitalist.

Do these straw poll voters think that through all of Mitt's flip-flops, somehow he now has conservative core values? I think I'm going to be sick. All of a sudden I am feeling nauseous.

I don't believe CPAC can ever be trusted to be a conservative voice. They are no different than great conservatives like Bill Clinton or Rush Limbaugh.

I always thought that conservative meant small government. Yet these straw poll voters voted for one of the most big government candidates ever.

It seems to me that CPAC has been taken over by the same neo-cons that have taken over the Republican Party.

It shows another thing. You can't trust people who call themselves conservative.

:toady:

Feeding the Abscess
02-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Romney's won 4 out of the last 6 years, or something to that effect.

TomL
02-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Romney's won 4 out of the last 6 years, or something to that effect.

Didn't know that. Then they never were a true conservative organization as Romney is far from conservative.