PDA

View Full Version : Washington County Caucus - Let's take this.

millercards
02-11-2012, 10:26 PM
A dusting of snow pushed this caucus back a week. Some are reporting that these votes won't count, but somewhere the number will be reported. If no mainstream picks up the numbers, we will.

Then we could have won our first state. It would be factual. Unelectability would be nonsense.

Make sure you Washington Countians Get Out and Vote!

cornell
02-11-2012, 10:28 PM
We should attempt to organize the greatest GOTV effort yet. Facebook ads, word of mouth, boots on the ground, etc.

Over 30,000 people live in Washington County, if we can get just 2 percent of them to caucus, we can probably take this back!

Oddone
02-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Won't count in straw poll results. Will count for delegates. Delegates > Poll. Whitney Houston > Maine straw poll results coverage

millercards
02-11-2012, 10:30 PM
We will make it count. We will update Wikipedia daily with the correct results.

32,856 people live in Washington County. I meant to put that in the first post.

GIRL SCOUTS HAD EVENTS TODAY! Why the hell couldn't people vote.

cornell
02-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Caucuses originally scheduled to take place after February 11th 2012 are not having the presidential preference straw poll, they are only voting for delegates.

It remains to be seen whether Washington County will hold the straw poll or not, as it WAS scheduled to happen today. Apparently the head of the Maine GOP said they won't have one, but the head of the Washington County GOP said he wants to. Who knows what's going to actually happen, it's a bit premature...

sailingaway
02-11-2012, 10:37 PM
It doesn't matter, we want to dominate the caucus. They took our delegates in Portland city. Even if it is 'just' delegates, we want them.

millercards
02-11-2012, 10:38 PM
If they have a straw poll.... the results will get reported somewhere. We will have witnesses there.

We will make the results count.

They can call it what they want, but a poll is a poll. They can't tell us certain votes don't count.

If they don't have a straw poll.... screw them let's get the delegates.

Lord Xar
02-11-2012, 10:41 PM
And Ron can say he really won Maine in debates and interviews.

By saying the establishment prevented his win is a great talking point.

centure7
02-11-2012, 10:44 PM
I will be elated if we can close the gap with Romney in Washington county. It would give us the right to claim victory even if the official results are different.

rachmiel
02-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Won't count in straw poll results. Will count for delegates. Delegates > Poll. Whitney Houston > Maine straw poll results coverage

Exactly. If we had won, I bet there would be just as many of us pissed off about the "media blackout" due to the "suspicious timing" of Whitney's death.

Eric39
02-11-2012, 11:00 PM
I feel like this is the best opportunity we have. People in Maine need to hit the streets and we need to spread the message. If we get Ron Paul to come out and speak at the caucus, that alones should bring in enough votes to bet out Romney, but we should win this BIG. I mean we need to get 1000 of those people to come out.

If Paul himself gets out to Washington I have no doubt we can turn this into a win, even if the MSM wants to make excuses for why it doesnt count.

rp2012win
02-11-2012, 11:03 PM
This should count since it was scheduled to happen within the Feb 11th window. Any less than 500+ Ron Paul supporters and I've lost all hope for this country.

dmemphis
02-12-2012, 11:33 PM
From PA: Isn't this the perfect time to use phone from home? Am I missing the "call" or is the RP national crying for us to do this?

economics102
02-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Won't count in straw poll results. Will count for delegates.

It DOES count for the straw poll. If we come out on top when Washington county is included, every time Ron Paul or his surrogates are on TV they can state matter-of-factly that "we won Maine," and they can state it without qualification, and when a talking head is foolish enough to dispute it with them, they can simply say, "when you add up the total votes from all the counties in Maine, Ron Paul won. That's the definition of winning a state-wide straw poll. Anyone who suggests that the official count should be the one in which Washington county, Ron Paul's strongest county, is mysteriously excluded from the results, people ought to question their integrity. Period. End of story."

If a talking head comes back with "it was excluded because their caucus was cancelled for inclement weather!" or some crap like that, they can make them look like an idiot by saying "right, and then they later voted, didn't they?"

Yes we missed out on the big "Ron Paul wins Maine" headlines, but we still would get to say we won a state. Pundits won't be able to start every interview by saying "you're the only candidate that hasn't won a state yet."

Keith and stuff
02-13-2012, 12:01 AM
That's the definition of winning a state-wide straw poll. Anyone who suggests that the official count should be the one in which Washington county, Ron Paul's strongest county, is mysteriously excluded from the results, people ought to question their integrity. Period. End of story."

I totally agree with you except I have no idea why you would say that Washington County is Ron Paul's strongest county. It isn't the county that he won in Maine in 2008, if that is what you are thinking. Didn't McCain win it in 2008?