PDA

View Full Version : How Strong is Ron's Support in the "delayed" Washington Area caucus?

Lord Xar
02-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Would his support in this area been enough to win?

wgadget
02-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Delayed? How about OBLITERATED?

They're saying it won't count. (NOT THAT PEOPLE SHOULDN"T STILL GO AND CAUCUS NEXT WEEKEND!!)

Lord Xar
02-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Delayed? How about OBLITERATED?

They're saying it won't count. (NOT THAT PEOPLE SHOULDN"T STILL GO AND CAUCUS NEXT WEEKEND!!)

I know that. But what I am curious about is "how populous" is this area and how strong was Ron's current support there?

wgadget
02-11-2012, 09:51 PM
One article I read said it was 200 votes. Imagine that. Who knows, maybe that is historical data, and it would be doubled with Paul supporters coming out in droves...

low preference guy
02-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Would his support in this area been enough to win?

it doesn't matter is the vote is big enough. they won't change the final result even if Ron gets 2000 more votes than Romney in that caucus. At least that's what that guy said when he announced the results.

wgadget
02-11-2012, 09:52 PM
But if enough of us cry foul, MAYBE he'll change his mind.

wgadget
02-11-2012, 09:53 PM
To answer your question, Lord, Jesse Benton himself is quoted to have said it was rigged by Romney. And btw, it was a Romney supporter who called it off. Shocker.

In particular, a senior Paul aide had suggested that the Romney campaign was involved in the cancellation of a caucus where Paul’s campaign had expected to do well. “It’s not completely insidious, but they knew we were going to swamp it up there,” said Paul campaign chairman Jesse Benton.

MozoVote
It may be better that state chair doesn't back off. Harness people's disgust and storm the caucus. I think even the Santorum and Gingrich supporters will not like seeing Romney being pressed as the victor before all the votes were counted.

Vanilluxe
There is 30,000 in the county, which means if there is a strong turnout, we could have won the caucus. It does not matter now, all is lost we need to focus on giving Romney lots of pain throughout the rest of the primary until the convention and a lot more after the convention.

Oddone
02-11-2012, 09:54 PM
It won't count in the Popular Straw Poll Vote. But you will still be able to become a delegate! So everyone in that area needs to get out there in force!

sailingaway
02-11-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't know. But every single Ron Paul supporter in that area should feel energized to dominate it, now.

wgadget
02-11-2012, 10:04 PM
I hope they bring their pitchforks.

socal
02-11-2012, 10:09 PM
My opinion of Romney just went way down. The GOP establishment in general is a different matter because my opinion of them was rock bottom to begin with. I thought Romney was a little classier, I guess not.

walt
02-11-2012, 10:13 PM
My opinion of Romney just went way down. The GOP establishment in general is a different matter because my opinion of them was rock bottom to begin with. I thought Romney was a little classier, I guess not.

Bain consulting? classy?

I should do a webinar on Bain, Mckinsey, etc. You guys would be terrorizing their local offices if you knew how big a role they played in the things you hate about business in America today.

mello
02-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Don't the people of Maine have some sort of legal recourse for this type of bullshit?

millercards
02-11-2012, 10:34 PM
We will make it count. We will post it everywhere, and we will update Wikipedia daily with the corrected results.

Aratus
02-11-2012, 11:00 PM
lets get the delegates to tampa

RickyJ
02-11-2012, 11:04 PM
We will make it count. We will post it everywhere, and we will update Wikipedia daily with the corrected results.

Now that is the kind of spirit I like to hear around here. +rep

We rule the Internet and we will make sure people know Ron Paul won Maine!