PDA

View Full Version : A question about snow in Maine. (Especially Washington county.)

123tim
02-11-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm still in amazement over what happened in Maine.
I guess that I'm looking for some closure on the matter.

I was wondering how much snow Washington County actually ended up getting on Saturday (Feb, 11th)?

I was also wondering if there are any Ron Paul supporters from Maine who could give input on the subject of storm "perception" where you live?

In Pennsylvania, seven inches of snow would have been laughed at when I was younger, but now just about any accumulation seems to shut down the schools, etc... We've grown soft.

I know that you people in Maine have to be much tougher than us. :) Was this cancellation merited or was it bogus? Did anything else shut down? Doing some research, I found out that you get major storms in October. Surely Maine is prepared for just about anything come February?

Thanks, and thank you for everything that you've done. I know that any of you would have done whatever it took to get to those caucuses in Washington County.

MaineForRP
02-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Seems pretty bogus to me. This isn't a school day, this is our FUTURE. I heard they only reported up to 4 or 5 inches in Washington county. If Mainahs can't drive in 4 or 5 inches of snow, they indeed should not have a drivers license. We will see what Washington county has to say about this. I am sure it's going to be all over the news in the days to come.

mosquitobite
02-11-2012, 10:16 PM
I hope some RP people took pictures of how much snow. I heard it was a dusting and the real snow wasn't supposed to hit til after midnight.

Vigilantis
02-12-2012, 12:04 AM
It's a joke. The storm was nothing more than a few snow squalls and as Mainers we are used to it this time of year.
Cancelling a Caucus due to this was nothing more than Chicanery

Trigonx
02-12-2012, 05:50 AM
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20120211005028/en/Ron-Paul-Campaign-Comments-Maine-Caucus-Results

“In Washington County – where Ron Paul was incredibly strong – the caucus was delayed until next week just so the votes wouldn’t be reported by the national media today.

“Of course, their excuse for the delay was ‘snow.’

“That’s right. A prediction of 3-4 inches – that turned into nothing more than a dusting - was enough for a local GOP official to postpone the caucuses just so the results wouldn’t be reported tonight.

“This is MAINE we’re talking about. The GIRL SCOUTS had an event today in Washington County that wasn’t cancelled!

chazjeffries
02-12-2012, 05:53 AM
I was shocked to see this claim of postponing the Washington County vote because of " A major snowstorm". The people of Maine are not intimidated by a paltry 3-4 inch snowfall, no big deal. The truth is there was only 7/10 of an inch of snow throughout the day. Here is a link to the precipitation amounts for Washington County.
http://weatherforyou.com/reports/index.php?config&forecast=obarchive&icao=KBHB&day=2&place=washington+county&state=me&zipcode&country=us&county=23029&zone=MEZ017

rockerrockstar
02-12-2012, 09:15 AM
I heard there were only 200 votes in Wayne County so if that is the case then maybe it did not matter because Paul could have still been short to win. It would have been nice if they would count it. I heard the Country of Wayne did not know postponing would cause then to not count the votes.

ItsTime
02-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Put it this way, the GIRL SCOUTS did not cancel their meeting.

123tim
02-12-2012, 12:44 PM
I was shocked to see this claim of postponing the Washington County vote because of " A major snowstorm". The people of Maine are not intimidated by a paltry 3-4 inch snowfall, no big deal. The truth is there was only 7/10 of an inch of snow throughout the day. Here is a link to the precipitation amounts for Washington County.
http://weatherforyou.com/reports/index.php?config&forecast=obarchive&icao=KBHB&day=2&place=washington+county&state=me&zipcode&country=us&county=23029&zone=MEZ017

Thanks for that. Very depressing.

I heard there were only 200 votes in Wayne County so if that is the case then maybe it did not matter because Paul could have still been short to win. It would have been nice if they would count it. I heard the Country of Wayne did not know postponing would cause then to not count the votes.

So who was it in Maine that was saying that either Ron Paul or Mitt Romney would win by an approximate 200 point margin?
Makes me wonder what they knew.

JuicyG
02-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Palms were most likely greased to get that county canceled. Weather was used as weak excuse.