PDA

View Full Version : Frederick Douglas once said...

JacobSzumniak
02-11-2012, 08:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVvLy0LoPWI

“Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are people who want crops without ploughing the ground; they want rain without thunder and lightning; they want the ocean without the roar of its many waters. The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.”
― Frederick Douglass

Some people have been seeming discouraged after today so I thought I'd share this. We must keep fighting everyone. Ron said it best today. The revolution has only begun. Don't be fooled by everyone saying we have no chance as far as I'm concerned we're winning or close to it in delegates and we have already secured a position in presidential platform negations at least and are now fighting to get the actual nomination. We have gone leaps and bounds since 08. That 2nd place is a pony show anyway. At the end of it we will walk away with like 15 Delegates out of the 21.

02-11-2012, 08:24 PM
I love Frederick Douglass. A REAL American hero, someone who came from nothing to make a tremendous impact on this country.

Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass is one of my all-time favorite books.

GunnyFreedom
02-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Hear here! Douglass is the GOP co-founder that the party SHOULD have modeled rather than Lincoln.

GraniteHills
02-11-2012, 08:30 PM
I love Frederick Douglass. A REAL American hero, someone who came from nothing to make a tremendous impact on this country.

He is one of the greatest Americans of all time. I doubt American public school kids learn much about him, though, since they're so busy being turned into robots by education bureaucrats.

His 194th birthday is in 3 days, too.

GunnyFreedom
02-11-2012, 08:32 PM
He is one of the greatest Americans of all time. I doubt American public school kids learn much about him, though, since they're so busy being turned into robots by education bureaucrats.

Yes!! When everyone was talking MLK moneybomb, I was talking Frederick Douglass moneybomb. :D

02-11-2012, 08:32 PM

I was fortunate to have first discovered his book in grade school, and have read it many times since. If every American child read his story and took it to heart, we'd be a much better nation.

Where are the Frederick Douglasses of today?

GunnyFreedom
02-11-2012, 08:34 PM
I was fortunate to have first discovered his book in grade school, and have read it many times since. If every American child read his story and took it to heart, we'd be a much better nation.

Where are the Frederick Douglasses of today?

That's us. That's Ron Paul. We are the 21st Century Abolitionists. The next time you ask that question, look into a mirror and you will have your answer.

GraniteHills
02-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Yes!! When everyone was talking MLK moneybomb, I was talking Frederick Douglass moneybomb. :D

Count me in!

Agreed 100%. Throw in some Thoreau, and you'll plant so many liberty seeds in the young mind, it won't know what to do with all that excitement

...which is probably why neither Douglass or Thoreau are taught anymore. I always ask my students (college) whether they read Thoreau in high school and perhaps every 2 out of 18 answers in the affirmative.