PDA

View Full Version : Official Campaign TV ad using TeaParty07 theme

Quantumystic
11-12-2007, 07:10 PM
The campaign has a good chunk of money now, and they started with the 2 ads in New Hampshire. But after seeing those ads, they seriously need some "POP!"

We all understand the electricity The Doctor creates. The campaign needs an ad that communicates that electricity. An ad that leaves you waiting for the Lightning to strike!

Someone here pointed out this YouTube video. And it ROCKS! Specifically, the music. An amazing arrangement of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" that's both symphony, and electric guitars. With crescendos that make you wanna crawl right out of your skin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-3M2D3V94M

I've been trying to identify the artist, with no luck. For those who know of them, it sounds like "Bond"... but isn't, that I can find on any of their albums.

A flashy 30 second ad with some Fire (staying true to The Doctor, of course) that shows a couple brief stills of him as a flight surgeon Vietnam era, that has his voice-over speaking of his passion for the Constitution and America...

then one holding a baby he just delivered...

then the transition showing a few quick stills of headlines about No WMDs in Iraq, the downturn in the economy, the PATRIOT Act, warrantless surveillance...

then video of Ron Paul speaking publicly before large crowds about restoring America and the Constitution...

ending with him asking the people to join him on December 16th in an act to force the government once again to recognize the Will of the People... Tea Party 07.

GeorgiaRPFan
11-12-2007, 07:14 PM
The music is the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. The song is Christmas Eve Sarajevo.

It's the same group that did "Wizards of Winter" from that viral Christmas lightshow house (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK90Ys2LhSo) from a few years ago.

Pete Kay
11-12-2007, 07:15 PM
That video is cool but it doesn't suit Ron Paul for a campain ad. He's a grandpa. Who could take Ron Paul seriously with bombastic guitars in the background? If I saw my granddad rocking out, I'd just laugh, because, well that's not him. That video does get me pumped though.

Oh Ron Paul did throw up the horned hand salute at the Iowa straw poll speech. He probably had no idea what it meant though.

Ron Paul Fan
11-12-2007, 07:16 PM
I don't think the official campaign could put it together though being that December 16th is being set up by the grassroots. You heard Ron Paul on Face the Nation say something to this effect.

JMO
11-12-2007, 07:23 PM
I could be wrong but i think the people you need to target is the older generation. it seems the younger generation knows who Ron Paul is. If we are going to win we need to win some of these older people over to Ron Paul. here we are less than 2 months before election and there is a lot of people who have never heard of Ron Paul, he is improving in the polls but we need to spread his name more. I try and bring his attention to people at work, and i know its working because they then mention it to their wives or friends and it keeps spreading.

constituent
11-12-2007, 07:29 PM
I don't think the official campaign could put it together though being that December 16th is being set up by the grassroots. You heard Ron Paul on Face the Nation say something to this effect.

no, but he can mention things like boston harbor, sipping tea, boarding ships... you know, that sort of thing.

me3
11-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Dr. Paul can't promote these events. It would cause issues with the FEC.

Quantumystic
11-12-2007, 07:56 PM
That video is cool but it doesn't suit Ron Paul for a campain ad. He's a grandpa. Who could take Ron Paul seriously with bombastic guitars in the background? If I saw my granddad rocking out, I'd just laugh, because, well that's not him. That video does get me pumped though.

Oh Ron Paul did throw up the horned hand salute at the Iowa straw poll speech. He probably had no idea what it meant though.

See... *I* see The Doctor as a LEADER first.

His true strength as a man comes across rather quietly. Which is great when you're going to have alot more time for that to really penetrate. A 30 second tv spot is an insanely short amount of time to try to communicate that. That's where the power of music can be so effective.

And it's not a question of Paul "rocking out" (LOL but wouldn't that be a trip to see?). Remember, again... 30 seconds. This video on YouTube is almost 3 1/4 minutes. So you'd have to edit out 85% of the music to fit in 30 seconds. And then, for almost all of it, the volume level would have to be seriouly lowered for the clear voice-over by The Doctor. So it really plays a more "subliminal/subconscious" role.

Ironically, Paul is SO intelligent and humble... presentation-wise it sorta works against him in any kind of short-time period. That much depth is almost impossible to communicate in short time segments to the conscious mind/logical thinking.

So we have to find a way to convey at least part of that via other means/senses. And passionate music that's powerful is a very effective way to create an association between an intellectual concept and a strong emotional experience.

DjLoTi
11-12-2007, 07:58 PM
misleading thread title

Quantumystic
11-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Dr. Paul can't promote these events. It would cause issues with the FEC.

Well, I've seen him ask the people he's speaking to at appearances if they've heard anything about "remember remember the 5th of November".

Quantumystic
11-12-2007, 07:59 PM
misleading thread title

"NEED FOR..."

Feel better?