PDA

View Full Version : Benton suggests Romney Campaign involved with Caucus Cancellation

fearthereaperx
02-11-2012, 06:30 PM
In particular, a senior Paul aide had suggested that the Romney campaign was involved in the cancellation of a caucus where Paul’s campaign had expected to do well. “It’s not completely insidious, but they knew we were going to swamp it up there,” said Paul campaign chairman Jesse Benton.

justatrey
02-11-2012, 06:32 PM
source?

Student Of Paulism
I don't believe it though!!! The party is honest and would never do something like that!!!! THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE AND REALLY CARE ABOUT THE VOTERS!!

wgadget
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/world/53494709-68/caucuses-maine-romney-saturday.html.csp

Wooden Indian
Yeah, read that a few minutes ago. No doubt that they pulled out all the stops. All we can do is keep on keeping on. Let the Internet media report on it since mainstream won't touch it, and hope we get enough delegates to storm into Florida.

GO RP!!

joshnorris14
02-11-2012, 06:33 PM
If this turns out to be true, I will be voting for Barack Obama in the Presidential Election should Romney win the nomination.

wgadget
I don't believe it though!!! The party is honest and would never do something like that!!!! THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE AND REALLY CARE ABOUT THE VOTERS!!

snicker

WD-NY
unless we were going to win this single caucus by over 190 votes, IT MATTERS NOT.

sailingaway
Well we know they cancelled the delegates at Portland city caucus when we took it completely, so I wouldn't be surprised. But a senior aide isn't necessarily Benton, even with a source.

wgadget
The article I posted is on Drudge, btw.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/world/53494709-68/caucuses-maine-romney-saturday.html.csp

rp2012win
I don't like excuses. You campaign your ass off on Wed, Thurs, Fri like your life depended on it and none of that crap matters

muh_roads
02-11-2012, 06:34 PM
WTF is going on? Caucuses are being canceled and not counted? Canceled for a later date or what? People are being denied their right to participate?

rpwi
02-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Wait...they canceled a caucus? Does this mean that the caucus will still happen...just at a later time?

sailingaway
02-11-2012, 06:36 PM
unless we were going to win this single caucus by over 190 votes, IT MATTERS NOT.

Yeah, but the close ones with the odd occurrences do seem to go to Romney. Thinking Iowa here. Well, same true as with Nevada, they added new caucuses on one day notice, cancelled delegates where we expected to do well, postponed a caucus we expected to do well in....

But all the same, we need to put facts together and see how much hard evidence there is of anything before we start putting out accusations.

wgadget
02-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Wait...they canceled a caucus? Does this mean that the caucus will still happen...just at a later time?

The word is POSTPONED. It will be held NEXT Saturday, the 18th.

But the damage the media needed has been done. ALL HAIL MITT ROMNEY.

MozoVote
02-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Locals are saying it wasn't a "major snowstorm" either. Hopefully the state chair has poked a hornet's nest and people remember this at the next chairman's election. This stuff did not work out so well for Iowa's chair.

Mckarnin
02-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Or Mittens was planning on busing in little old ladies who didn't want to go out in a snow storm...

RonPaul101.com
02-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Locals are saying it wasn't a "major snowstorm" either. Hopefully the state chair has poked a hornet's nest and people remember this at the next chairman's election. This stuff did not work out so well for Iowa's chair.

Hopefully enough people remember this next Saturday and vote for Paul. The campaign should runs ads even if just for Washington County which would cost about $3 per :30 ad. (seriously)

The_Ruffneck
02-11-2012, 06:44 PM
If this turns out to be true, I will be voting for Barack Obama in the Presidential Election should Romney win the nomination.
Why bother , Obama and Romeny are controlled by the same people.Goldman Sachs , JP Morgan , Citi are bankrolling them both.
Vote independant or just stay home , don't vote for Romney or Obozo...

ctiger2
02-11-2012, 06:45 PM

Or you could just vote for Romney since he's essentially Obama...

CJLauderdale4
02-11-2012, 06:46 PM
An entire county wasn't counted at all due to snow (you'd think Maine could handle snow)

wgadget
02-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Snow will be there after midnight. What a joke.

http://weatherforyou.com/reports/index.php?forecast=zandh&pands=washington+county,maine

muh_roads
02-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Or you could just vote for Romney since he's essentially Obama...

We can't run Rand in 2016 if anyone but Obama wins.

mosquitobite
02-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Snow will be here after midnight. What a joke.

http://weatherforyou.com/reports/index.php?forecast=zandh&pands=washington+county,maine

OMG!!!!

RufusTDoofus
02-11-2012, 06:52 PM
It's not just Washington County. I predicted (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?358004-February-3rd-caucuses&p=4141383&viewfull=1#post4141383) many votes would not be counted in Somerset County too. The State GOP put out a press release with the town-by-town totals. I know my town, New Portland, shows zero votes. We had two votes for Ron Paul. I know there are other towns that were present at the caucus but not represented in the totals.

The_Ruffneck
02-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Republican candidate won't win without Paul voters

wgadget
02-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Republican candidate won't win without Paul voters

Yeah, sucks for them, don't it?

amonasro
02-11-2012, 06:55 PM
This is bullshit. Are we just gonna stand by while they steal the caucus states? Because if we let them, they will.

thoughtomator
02-11-2012, 06:59 PM
If the GOP gets away with this it's scorched earth time. If we need to go 3rd party so be it but the GOP will not be permitted to profit from these actions.

Tyler_Durden
02-11-2012, 07:00 PM
This is bullshit. Are we just gonna stand by while they steal the caucus states? Because if we let them, they will.

They don't understand the NOBP concept obviously........

They didn't listen to former GE CEO Jack Welch appeal to them to give Ron Paul dignity or else.

jointhefightforfreedom
02-11-2012, 07:00 PM
It really ticks me off that CNN reports a winner and changes the delegate count to the general public when the damn well know delegates aren't awarded and the total votes were not counted !

MSM is all about entertainment and ratings ! The days of the "NEWS" journalist are dead!!!

walt
02-11-2012, 07:02 PM

We won't have a country by then. :(

JuicyG
02-11-2012, 07:04 PM
From the official campaign announcement:

Paul performed well throughout the state, although his campaign’s stronghold of Washington County did not report today for inexplicable reasons. Congressman Paul was barely bested by Gov. Romney by about 194 votes, a margin the campaign is confident it will make up with the 200 plus votes expected to come out of Washington County’s caucus. http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/02/11/ron-paul-victory-in-maine/

Miss Annie
02-11-2012, 07:06 PM

That is called cutting off the nose to spite the face!

RonPaul101.com
02-11-2012, 07:08 PM

It was the cancelation of the Washington County Super Caucus, a county that has a population of over 30,000.

Student Of Paulism
What's sickening is the damn thing wasn't even over. The whole fucking event should have just been canceled and they should wait til EVERYONE voted, AND THEN you announce it. So let me get this straight, they canceled/postponed/didnt count some precincts in this 'unofficial announcement', correct? Ok, so obviously done so Romney could win, without the rest of the count. So, when will be the OFFICIAL count? What if Ron wins the official count once the whole state is accounted for? Why even fucking make an announcement that doesnt even count? Seems to me they just wanted to get it over with, announce Romney as the winner, then if Ron does win later on, well, i guess it wont matter and it will be barely covered. In IA, Mitt 'won 1st', and Santorum 'won' weeks later, but it deflates the whole point after that. If Ron wins later on, it wont mean a thing and will go under the radar.

My goodness, what an utter disgrace this all is. It's more obvious than ever they are shafting him, with all these endless stunts they keep pulling. Now it's the weather for excuses. What is next, an asteroid is going to hit Washington? :rolleyes:

slamhead

I am pretty much with you on that. I was NOBP and was taking the write in option but now I am more inclined to tell the GOP to go F themselves and make sure anyone but Paul gets demolished in the election.

No Free Beer
02-11-2012, 07:09 PM

Or you could just write in Ron Paul...

JJ2
02-11-2012, 07:12 PM
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/02/11/ron-paul-victory-in-maine/

Paul performed well throughout the state, although his campaign’s stronghold of Washington County did not report today for inexplicable reasons.

RonPaul101.com
02-11-2012, 07:13 PM
It's not just Washington County. I predicted (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?358004-February-3rd-caucuses&p=4141383&viewfull=1#post4141383) many votes would not be counted in Somerset County too. The State GOP put out a press release with the town-by-town totals. I know my town, New Portland, shows zero votes. We had two votes for Ron Paul. I know there are other towns that were present at the caucus but not represented in the totals.

If this is true we need to ask for a recount after Washington County votes next Saturday. Since there is nothing going on in the middle of this month winning Maine belatedly could give us even more momentum later.

Rudeman
02-11-2012, 07:14 PM
It's obvious the establishment wants to prop up Romney after the beating Romney took a few days ago with the Santorum sweep. Now they can pretend like the Santorum surge is over and Mitt has the momentum again (this along with the CPAC win). They're hoping people won't notice or care if it actually turns out Paul won (like what happened with Santorum and Iowa). This is all about stopping the bleeding for Romney, I knew they would do this after I saw he won CPAC.

ghengis86
02-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Yeah, but the close ones with the odd occurrences do seem to go to Romney. Thinking Iowa here. Well, same true as with Nevada, they added new caucuses on one day notice, cancelled delegates where we expected to do well, postponed a caucus we expected to do well in....

But all the same, we need to put facts together and see how much hard evidence there is of anything before we start putting out accusations.

+rep

good, sensible, common sense approach. trust your gut, but verify.

moonshine5757
02-11-2012, 07:17 PM
I don't like excuses. You campaign your ass off on Wed, Thurs, Fri like your life depended on it and none of that crap matters

yup. uncomfortable truth, but it's the truth.

HOLLYWOOD
02-11-2012, 07:18 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72758_Page2.html#ixzz1m7roQxFn

“The No. 1 place where we’re going to be keying in on, working on is Maine,” Paul said on Tuesday, according to CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/11/politics/pol-maine-wrap/index.html). “There’s a lot of enthusiasm there.”

The Ron Paul campaign had tried to lower expectations somewhat Saturday, alleging that the Romney campaign had been involved in some tricky business, and predicting that the results would be very close.

In particular, a senior Paul aide had suggested that the Romney campaign was involved in the cancellation of a caucus where Paul’s campaign had expected to do well. “It’s not completely insidious, but they knew we were going to swamp it up there,” said Paul campaign chairman Jesse Benton.
The state GOP said that the caucus was cancelled due to inclement weather.

“His visits to the state have done him immeasurable good. Romney supporters, there is a much bigger spring in their step. Before Romney got here, there was a bit of a feeling of being left out, that Ron Paul supporters got to see their boy but they didn’t get to see theirs,” said Andrew Ian Dodge, a tea-party candidate challenging Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) in the GOP primary.

Notably, not all of Maine’s municipalities have held a caucus yet – tonight’s results only represent about 80 percent of Maine’s towns.

According to state GOP chairman Charlie Webster, there are 505 municipalities in Maine, of which 420 have caucused. An additional 40 or so small municipalities will not hold a caucus at all, and the remaining will hold a caucus in the coming weeks

Gary4Liberty
02-11-2012, 07:18 PM
It was the cancelation of the Washington County Super Caucus, a county that has a population of over 30,000.

you think there are more paul votes than romney votes in that county?

ghengis86
02-11-2012, 07:19 PM

yep, this or stay home. same effect; screws the GOP without supporting the current tyrant in chief. or gary johnson for the LP party. or the Constitutional party. or green. or anything but barack.

MozoVote
02-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Many of us were screaming FAIL with the Nevada GOP. But I will give Nevada credit that they took their time to get the all votes and double check things before announcing a winner. Better to be a day late than suffer the roasting that comes from getting it wrong. They did not want to post a retraction like Iowa did.

I think the Maine chairman will catch some heat for not holding off until Washington county could complete.

jasonxe
02-11-2012, 07:21 PM

^^

mosquitobite
you think there are more paul votes than romney votes in that county?

It's a strong college area from what I've read.

RufusTDoofus
Ok, would you like a little evidence? Read this opinion piece (http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2457&dat=20080111&id=Cro8AAAAIBAJ&sjid=-C0MAAAAIBAJ&pg=3870,2527839) in the Bangor Daily News from 2008. ("Romney, not Huckabee" from Dena Worster, Palmyra). Granted this is from 2008 and not this year but I don't think her opinion has changed.

Dena is our current Somerset County GOP Chairperson.

She elected not to count votes from many Somerset County towns this time around.

sunsense
02-11-2012, 07:54 PM
with all these endless stunts they keep pulling.

Call it actually what it is 'VOTER FRAUD'.

And keep repeating it with the facts, far and wide.

Carole
02-11-2012, 08:07 PM
One of the comments following article:

The so-called major snowstorm in Washington County didn't even leave an inch on the roads. They delayed it to prevent Ron paul from being announced as the winner. He will, of course, win all of the delegates in the state but the media will not cover that.

Somehow, I find it difficult to believe Mainers cancel anything due to a half inch of snow. :(

RufusTDoofus
02-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Somehow, I find it difficult to believe Mainers cancel anything due to a half inch of snow. :(

Our 2008 Somerset County, ME caucus was held on schedule after a storm dropped 8 inches of snow the previous night. Another 2 inches fell during the caucus. We had about 25 people attend even with those conditions.

cindy25
02-11-2012, 08:30 PM
its almost as if they are pushing us to 3rd party run

thoughtomator
02-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Call it actually what it is 'VOTER FRAUD'.

And keep repeating it with the facts, far and wide.

Technically it would be "election fraud"

pacelli
02-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Election fraud was the only thing that we as a grassroots could not counter. We talked about it from 07 through to today. It was just something that we couldn't solve on our own.

I hope to hell the campaign has a plan to deal with this, we're going to see how all this plays out for the moneybomb next week.

MozoVote
02-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Because this is a non-binding straw poll, I do not expect the campaign to do much. They have enough on their plate to continue campaigning, versus fight a rear guard action here for corrected publicity.

V3n
02-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Because this is a non-binding straw poll, I do not expect the campaign to do much. They have enough on their plate to continue campaigning, versus fight a rear guard action here for corrected publicity.

RevPAC was promoting their Army to watch the fraud.. I'm curious as to how that turns out. Nothing's over!

RickyJ
02-11-2012, 08:50 PM
We won't have a country by then. :(

We may not, and Rand Paul is no Ron Paul.

RickyJ
02-11-2012, 08:51 PM
its almost as if they are pushing us to 3rd party run

Or to start a real revolution.

wgadget
02-11-2012, 08:53 PM

Heck, why not? We've already been labeled as terrorist extremists.

wgadget
02-11-2012, 08:53 PM

double post

mosquitobite
02-11-2012, 08:56 PM
But in an interview, Washington County Republican Chairman Chris Gardner said that when the decision was made to postpone the caucuses, he didn’t realize his county’s votes wouldn’t count toward the total.

"I don’t know that it would have changed the decision, but at least they would have known the consequence," Gardner, a Romney supporter, said.
Hope Webster & Gardner lose their leadership positions over this!!

helmuth_hubener
02-11-2012, 08:57 PM
It's not just Washington County. I predicted (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?358004-February-3rd-caucuses&p=4141383&viewfull=1#post4141383) many votes would not be counted in Somerset County too. The State GOP put out a press release with the town-by-town totals. I know my town, New Portland, shows zero votes. We had two votes for Ron Paul. I know there are other towns that were present at the caucus but not represented in the totals. We need to publicize this to high heaven all over the place. This is first-hand, and incontrovertible. "Every Vote Counts" they love to say. Well Rufus' vote didn't count!

cornell
02-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Will Washington County be participating in the Presidential Preference Poll? I think I read somewhere that some of the late caucuses were only voting for delegates. Then again, this wasn't supposed to be a "late caucus"

joshnorris14
02-11-2012, 09:18 PM

Paul won't win. Romney and Obama are the same. If Romney is pulling BS tricks, I'll vote for Obama so he doesn't win.

CaptainAmerica
02-11-2012, 09:23 PM
You mean that the elections can be bought? thats news to me

virgil47
02-11-2012, 09:51 PM
They don't understand the NOBP concept obviously........

They didn't listen to former GE CEO Jack Welch appeal to them to give Ron Paul dignity or else.

They fully understand the NOBP concept! They want Obama to win and further divide and destroy the U.S.

NH4RonPaul
02-11-2012, 11:07 PM
OK here are the facts: Iowan and Nevada had votes held at the last minute. Deals were cut to allow anyone but Paul to win. The media said as much over and over: "Ron Paul will not be allowed to win anything". I'm sure you've heard them say that in the press many times.

Even tho a caucus is non binding you saw how important it was for Romney to win a state in his own backyard especially since he lost three times to Santorum. So they stole the vote for Romney cuz he "needed" it. The fact that Mitt Romney would allow MaineGOP to fudge the totals at the last last minute shows TOTAL lack of integrity by BOTH & why he won't EVER be POTUS and why we are leaving the GOP in droves.

My theory after copying the charts yesterday and today that do not add up? Romney was reported to have met with GOP leaders last night when the vote totals were sitting at 42% for Paul and 33% for him and he was about to face an abysmal loss by 9%....and they agreed to fudge. Now I am told this is TRUE... Romney people cut a DEAL with the Maine GOP who controls the process.

If they don't want you to be a delegate they can stop you too, because some of you have already experienced that. So in states that don't have a one person = one vote primary, the potential for this fraud is great. 3% is a respectable lead so they agreed to let Paul have 36% and Romney 39% EVEN THOUGH THE VOTE TOTALS DID NOT CHANGE FROM THE DAY BEFORE ENOUGH TO GIVE ROMNEY 400 MORE VOTES THAT HE NEEDED TO GET AHEAD OF PAUL. I have before and after pics of the charts.

It's fixed and even when Paul IS winning, that perception must not be allowed so the 'he can't win' meme will be reinforced.

Lemme see if I can't figure out how to post them here.. Look at both... tell me, what changed between yesterday and today to give Mitt the 184 he needed to surpass Ron, and then 194 beyond that???? It is impossible... and the same areas that did not vote, are not going to be counted either because Wa Cty likely as an outlier would go to Ron. Mitt only won TWO and not by enough to matter!

Last night ...
http://www.nhlibertycalendar.org/yesterday.png

Today after 6 PM:
http://www.nhlibertycalendar.org/final.jpg

NH4RonPaul
02-11-2012, 11:13 PM
I also read an article which I cannot find now that said Romney met with GOP officials last night. That's probably when they were 'cutting the deal'.

They likely told Paul, take this and shut up or get NO delegates. That's the GOP for you. At least in NH we have one man one vote... no one can pressure you as a delegate to vote for someone else, or blatantly toss you out of the process totally when they find out they don't like who you are for.

NH4RonPaul
02-11-2012, 11:22 PM
And they announced on TV it's over and done, those Washington County votes will NOT be counted. The publicity of a win for Ron must NOT be allowed and Romney could not be allowed to lose in his backyard by 9 whole percent. 42% to 33% -- > a deal was cut at the last minute because Mitt met with GOP last night.... and they did it.. simply gave him 400 votes for nothing.. see the charts, they are exactly the SAME.

NH4RonPaul
02-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Romney bought EVERY endorsement in NH and even tried to buy the tea party which is strong here. 20 of the 30 tea party groups endorsed Ron... but the ONE person he paid went on Fox and Friends and said our tea party groups supported Mitt! It's disgusting. Romney and the GOP admin are scumbags.

walt
02-11-2012, 11:25 PM
OK here are the facts: Iowan and Nevada had votes held at the last minute. Deals were cut to allow anyone but Paul to win. The media said as much over and over: "Ron Paul will not be allowed to win anything". I'm sure you've heard them say that in the press many times.

Even tho a caucus is non binding you saw how important it was for Romney to win a state in his own backyard especially since he lost three times to Santorum. So they stole the vote for Romney cuz he "needed" it. The fact that Mitt Romney would allow MaineGOP to fudge the totals at the last last minute shows TOTAL lack of integrity by BOTH & why he won't EVER be POTUS and why we are leaving the GOP in droves.

My theory after copying the charts yesterday and today that do not add up? Romney was reported to have met with GOP leaders last night when the vote totals were sitting at 42% for Paul and 33% for him and he was about to face an abysmal loss by 9%....and they agreed to fudge. Now I am told this is TRUE... Romney people cut a DEAL with the Maine GOP who controls the process.

If they don't want you to be a delegate they can stop you too, because some of you have already experienced that. So in states that don't have a one person = one vote primary, the potential for this fraud is great. 3% is a respectable lead so they agreed to let Paul have 36% and Romney 39% EVEN THOUGH THE VOTE TOTALS DID NOT CHANGE FROM THE DAY BEFORE ENOUGH TO GIVE ROMNEY 400 MORE VOTES THAT HE NEEDED TO GET AHEAD OF PAUL. I have before and after pics of the charts.

It's fixed and even when Paul IS winning, that perception must not be allowed so the 'he can't win' meme will be reinforced.

Lemme see if I can't figure out how to post them here.. Look at both... tell me, what changed between yesterday and today to give Mitt the 184 he needed to surpass Ron, and then 194 beyond that???? It is impossible... and the same areas that did not vote, are not going to be counted either because Wa Cty likely as an outlier would go to Ron. Mitt only won TWO and not by enough to matter!

Last night ...

Today after 6 PM:

Can someone with that spreadsheet access take the totals from the original and keypunch the new cones and run a diff? If we get a master list of differences, then we can break the analysis into small parts and go from there.

NH4RonPaul
02-11-2012, 11:28 PM
I think it came from the Maine GOP so the only thing up there now is the final one I posted above... they merely swapped Mitt for Paul as the winner, changed the totals to 39% vs 36%.

But the county totals were no diff than the day before when Paul led by 184... how did Mitt pick up 184 and another 194? There are NOT that many voters in those places and they never reported anyway!

carterm
02-11-2012, 11:28 PM
yes, we NEED to send this information to the campaign. they need to assertively publicize it. eff this. corruption runs deep.

carterm
02-11-2012, 11:35 PM
also, where is this so-called article that states Romney met with GOP officials last night?

freeforall
02-11-2012, 11:37 PM
It's interesting that something off has happened in every state so far.

Rebel4Liberty
02-11-2012, 11:48 PM
I am pretty much with you on that. I was NOBP and was taking the write in option but now I am more inclined to tell the GOP to go F themselves and make sure anyone but Paul gets demolished in the election.

I'm with this camp too! I say IF Ron Paul isn't the one that's going to be repealing OBAMA CARE, then the GOP shouldn't be ALLOWED out of this pickle and let them suffer for the folly of the charade they are pulling. I like the NOBP concept, but maybe NOBP or CHOKE ON OBAMA CARE will be understood much better by the establishment electorate! I say the looming threat of Obama Care is a golden opportunity to hold them hostage and feet to the fire, but I guess this is too negative to actually consider while the establishment black balls the entire process :mad:

unknown
02-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Hopefully enough people remember this next Saturday and vote for Paul. The campaign should runs ads even if just for Washington County which would cost about $3 per :30 ad. (seriously)

If not, lets grassroots it/chip in etc.

Im in.

Also ask that PFH GOTV go to Washing Co only.

Vanilluxe
02-11-2012, 11:56 PM
We need this to be publicized quickly if this is true!

unknown
02-12-2012, 12:00 AM

Last night ...

Today after 6 PM:

F*ckin a.

wgadget
02-12-2012, 12:04 AM
It all seems to be very arbitrary. And bizarre.

Vanilluxe
02-12-2012, 12:04 AM

Last night ...

Today after 6 PM:

We should have a separate thread on this, it could be viable and crucial evidence which the campaign can use.

Karsten
02-12-2012, 12:12 AM
Wow! This is the worst case of vote fraud I've ever seen... and we've seen a lot in the past few years.

Karsten
02-12-2012, 12:14 AM
Holy shit they just switched Ron Paul's and Romney's numbers!

alucard13mmfmj
02-12-2012, 12:14 AM
Imma write in Ron Paul.. I suggest everyone do the same to show them how many republican votes they couldve gotten if Ron wouldve been the nominee. What are they gonna do? Blame us? lolololz. Show them how many votes that they missed out on in the general election =P

jolynna
02-12-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm with this camp too! I say IF Ron Paul isn't the one that's going to be repealing OBAMA CARE, then the GOP shouldn't be ALLOWED out of this pickle and let them suffer for the folly of the charade they are pulling. I like the NOBP concept, but maybe NOBP or CHOKE ON OBAMA CARE will be understood much better by the establishment electorate! I say the looming threat of Obama Care is a golden opportunity to hold them hostage and feet to the fire, but I guess this is too negative to actually consider while the establishment black balls the entire process :mad:

I seriously don't think that ANY of the GOP candidates other than Ron Paul would be an improvement over Obama.

They might even be worse.

They are certainly more hawkish on war. Every ONE of them.

Romney has a special place in my heart because he smiles when he betrays and back stabs. He can turn his "I promise not to" convictions 180 degrees in the blink of an eye. I'll never forget the video where he sincerely promised the pro-choice ladies he meant what he said only to renege as soon as he decided to run for GOP president. Right after that, there he was, on ANOTHER video, JUST as sincerely espousing his changed stance. Exchanging Obama with Romney is exchanging one hypocrite liar for another.

Neither man has any moral core

Ending up with Obama, when they are EXACTLY LIKE OBAMA on every single issue...war, expanding military spending, NO suggestion for reducing deposit or clue about how to balance budget, supporting Obama on his assault of civil liberties and human rights...loses some of its threat value.

It is like saying "Don't vote for Ron Paul because the Iranians who do not have an army, navy or air force are preparing for all out war and Ron Paul being commander-in-chief would be dangerous because of the Iranians"

Pffffftttt... iRidiculous fear-mongering, propaganda that isn't even rational. There are people with CIA and military experience in high places that say Ron Paul is absolutely right. But only a FEW reasonable and rational people like Neil Cavuto, John Stossel or the Judge (who we lost probably due to his honest and correct assessments) interview people who AGREE with Ron Paul about foreign policy. You've got to dig on you.tube to know THOSE opinions exist.

NO GOP candidate, other than Ron Paul, offers ANYTHING positive other than NOT being Obama. I am fed up with Obama. I, for sure, won't validate what he offers by choosing someone else who promises MORE of the same except being a GOP. What a farce!

I'd rather cut off my hand than support ANY of them (including Obama) with my vote.

carterm
02-12-2012, 12:23 AM
i'm a little confused by this spreadsheet comparison. someone want to help me out?

Vanilluxe
02-12-2012, 12:24 AM
i'm a little confused by this spreadsheet comparison. someone want to help me out?

They switched the winning Ron Paul votes with the Romney votes for most of the counties to give him a victory

wgadget
02-12-2012, 12:28 AM
They switched the labels on Columns B and C, from Ron Paul to Romney. Numbers stayed the same. Fishy.

Actually it looks like they completely left off the labels on the second chart, but they're calling Romney the winner.

Karsten
02-12-2012, 12:28 AM
They switched the winning Ron Paul votes with the Romney votes for most of the counties to give him a victory
Possible, but how did they come up with the higher overall vote totals?

alucard13mmfmj
02-12-2012, 12:31 AM
So the campaign is aware of this? When are they going to blare the horns and raise hell? Excuse my language but FCUK the Romney and Ron Paul truce. Ron Paul should not continue with this truce... not after he got screwed in Maine. I think Ron should attack the front runner, even if its romney, to prevent them from gaining too much momentum. I think most of us is sick of the truce.

parocks
02-12-2012, 12:31 AM

If we wanted to win that by 190 votes, that should be easy enough to do. We'd need Ron Paul to be there.

Ron Paul was at the New Gloucester caucus Saturday. Town of around 5,000. In 2008, Ron Paul got 1 vote in New Gloucester. In 2012, Ron Paul got 49 votes in New Gloucester. Because he was there.

Washington county really isn't much more populated than New Gloucester. 30K. And it's a lot bigger physically.
But 190 votes. We should be able to accomplish that. Add the Hancock caucus to that. And Castine on March 3.

parocks
02-12-2012, 12:33 AM
So the campaign is aware of this? When are they going to blare the horns and raise hell? Excuse my language but FCUK the Romney and Ron Paul truce. Ron Paul should not continue with this truce... not after he got screwed in Maine. I think Ron should attack the front runner, even if its romney, to prevent them from gaining too much momentum. I think most of us is sick of the truce.

I think Ron should attack Romney for vengeance. Punishment. If it's scorched earth, it's scorched earth.

alucard13mmfmj
If we wanted to win that by 190 votes, that should be easy enough to do. We'd need Ron Paul to be there.

Ron Paul was at the New Gloucester caucus Saturday. Town of around 5,000. In 2008, Ron Paul got 1 vote in New Gloucester. In 2012, Ron Paul got 49 votes in New Gloucester. Because he was there.

Washington county really isn't much more populated than New Gloucester. 30K. And it's a lot bigger physically.
But 190 votes. We should be able to accomplish that. Add the Hancock caucus to that. And Castine on March 3.

190 votes should be no problem, assuming that romney doesnt get any lol. I still think they should count them ,even though its improbable it might help us win.. BUT it is still possible. If it is possible, I want it counted damn it.

wgadget
Possible, but how did they come up with the higher overall vote totals?

That is the mystery which only the Maine GOP can explain. Shall we ask them?

Vanilluxe
02-12-2012, 12:35 AM
That is the mystery which only the Maine GOP can explain. Shall we ask them?

They will say your calculations are miscalculated

parocks
02-12-2012, 12:36 AM
We should have a separate thread on this, it could be viable and crucial evidence which the campaign can use.

These are changes in the "watch the vote" website that are so important to study? I don't understand.

Look at the official results.

They're missing most of Waldo County.

And Waterville.

http://www.mainegop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/me_gop_caucus_results.pdf

amonasro
02-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Holy shit they just switched Ron Paul's and Romney's numbers!

I looked and thought the same thing, but didn't believe it at first.

REALLY MAINE?

The GOP is sailing into a shit typhoon. They'd better haul in the jib before it gets covered in shit.

parocks
02-12-2012, 12:39 AM
190 votes should be no problem, assuming that romney doesnt get any lol. I still think they should count them ,even though its improbable it might help us win.. BUT it is still possible. If it is possible, I want it counted damn it.

If we wanted to win it, we'd win it. Because Ron Paul could have a day long "hang out with Ron Paul all day" if he wanted to. And 1000 people in Washington county would do that. The Ron Paul Rock Concert and Free Beer Washington County Caucus.

wgadget
02-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Jesse called Washington an RP stronghold.

alucard13mmfmj
02-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Jesse called Washington an RP stronghold.

damn straight he should call them. raise hell. RAISE HELL.

Karsten
02-12-2012, 12:42 AM
If we wanted to win it, we'd win it. Because Ron Paul could have a day long "hang out with Ron Paul all day" if he wanted to. And 1000 people in Washington county would do that. The Ron Paul Rock Concert and Free Beer Washington County Caucus.
So why don't we?
It's next Saturday.

parocks
02-12-2012, 12:43 AM
It's a strong college area from what I've read.

it is not a college area. And it wasn't strong for Ron Paul in 2008.

But if Ron Paul is at the caucus, people will show up and vote for him because he's a rockstar. We won Androscoggin with record turnout.

wgadget
02-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Do it. Show em we haven't lost our fighting spirit and that we are onto them.

alucard13mmfmj
02-12-2012, 12:46 AM
it is not a college area. And it wasn't strong for Ron Paul in 2008.

But if Ron Paul is at the caucus, people will show up and vote for him because he's a rockstar. We won Androscoggin with record turnout.

It is worth a try ^^ go spend a day there or at least a few hours with VOTERS.. not supporters.. VOTERS. I expect him to be in the next state like right now though. Is he in Washington or Michigan now?

Vanilluxe
02-12-2012, 12:48 AM
It is worth a try ^^ go spend a day there or at least a few hours with VOTERS.. not supporters.. VOTERS. I expect him to be in the next state like right now though. Is he in Washington or Michigan now?

We should also concentrate on other counties with half-full precincts and the math will add up! We must let the Romney campaign know that there are consequences and what goes around comes around!

jolynna
02-12-2012, 01:07 AM
The science behind these elections doesn't exactly seem well...exact.

Romney didn't win Iowa after it was re-counted.

It is hard to not think about that little mishap.

And the guy reading the results seemed really, really nervous. Not accusing. Just saying it never hurts to insist on things being done correctly and thoroughly.

parocks
02-12-2012, 01:13 AM
So why don't we?
It's next Saturday.

Right. But this is up to Ron Paul. Ron Paul is the rockstar. The headliner.

parocks
02-12-2012, 01:14 AM
It isn't as if caucus counting hasn't been messed up before.

Turns out Romney didn't win Iowa after it was CORRECTLY counted.

The science behind these elections doesn't exactly seem well...exact.

They're leaving off most of Waldo county, Waterville, and they're disenfranchising (maybe) much of Hancock and all of Washington.

parocks
02-12-2012, 01:19 AM

Ron Paul needs to be AT THE CAUCUS.

Ron Paul got 1 vote in New Gloucester in 2008.
Ron Paul got 49 votes in New Gloucester in 2012.

Why, because he was at the New Gloucester caucus.

People heard that he was at the caucus and wanted to see him. While they were there, they caucused for him.

Would 49 people gone to that caucus if Ron Paul wasn't there? NO

JJ2
02-12-2012, 01:19 AM
I can't wait to hear what Alex Jones says this afternoon. ;)

Karsten
02-12-2012, 01:31 AM
I've scoffed at people who claim foul when they lose... but nothing looks more like fraud than what went down today.

parocks
02-12-2012, 01:32 AM
And they announced on TV it's over and done, those Washington County votes will NOT be counted. The publicity of a win for Ron must NOT be allowed and Romney could not be allowed to lose in his backyard by 9 whole percent. 42% to 33% -- > a deal was cut at the last minute because Mitt met with GOP last night.... and they did it.. simply gave him 400 votes for nothing.. see the charts, they are exactly the SAME.

Those charts. Pure Bullshit. That's Watch The Vote. Competely meaningless. Yes, those charts contain interesting numbers that are nice to look at when there are no real, official numbers to look at. When you're looking at those charts your looking at something the government or the gop had nothing to do with.

Karsten
02-12-2012, 01:35 AM
When you're looking at those charts your looking at something the government or the gop had nothing to do with.

Then how could it be bullshit? ;)

parocks
02-12-2012, 01:36 AM

When is Rand up for reelection to the US Senate?

JJ2
02-12-2012, 01:37 AM
Those charts. Pure Bullshit. That's Watch The Vote. Competely meaningless. Yes, those charts contain interesting numbers that are nice to look at when there are no real, official numbers to look at. When you're looking at those charts your looking at something the government or the gop had nothing to do with.

That's what makes them more trustworthy! ;)

(Sorry, it was too easy to resist!)

Karsten
02-12-2012, 01:39 AM
When is Rand up for reelection to the US Senate?
You guessed it, 2016.

JJ2
02-12-2012, 01:43 AM
You guessed it, 2016.

Does that mean he has to give up his Senate bid if he becomes the nominee? Which might prevent him from running?

DerickVonD
02-12-2012, 02:15 AM
Does that mean he has to give up his Senate bid if he becomes the nominee? Which might prevent him from running?
I think if Ron doesn't win and there is an America left, that Rand Paul will have a great chance to become president. I think Rand would probably appeal to a larger audience than Ron can. Face it alot of people vote based on appearance.

HOLLYWOOD
02-12-2012, 02:26 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/romney-end-losing-streak-maine-15561379

Maine's caucuses began Feb. 4 and continued throughout the week. Several communities elected to hold their caucuses at a later date.
Caucuses in Washington County that had been scheduled for Saturday were postponed until Feb. 18 because of a major snowstorm that blanketed the region. Earlier, party Executive Director Michael Quatrano said county officials had been told the results of that caucus would not count toward the total.
But Washington County GOP Chairman Chris Gardner objected, saying he had known his county's tally wouldn't be included in Saturday's announcement but didn't realize it wouldn't be counted at all. He said he had called state party leaders and "expressed my complete and utter dismay."
Gardner, a Romney supporter, said the snowstorm had left him no choice but to postpone the caucuses.
"Refusal to reconsider under those circumstances would be extremely disheartening," he told The Associated Press. "I trust that the party will make the right decision here."
He added, "We will proceed next Saturday. We'll have our vote and we are going to submit it to the state party for them to reconsider."
Many Paul supporters were angry.
"There's a very good chance that you'll find that Washington County goes for Ron Paul," said Mark Willis, a county coordinator for the Paul campaign.

His wife, Violet, added, "We don't want to be disenfranchised."
Webster told reporters there were less than 200 votes in Washington County and he doubted that including them would have changed the outcome.
Speaking to supporters in Portland, Paul expressed disappointment that only a portion of the state's caucuses had counted toward the total.
"I wish all the caucuses had met today," Paul said, adding, "It's almost like we could call it a tie."
Romney was attending a fundraiser in California late Saturday, after visiting caucus sites in Maine earlier in the day, where he pressed voters for their backing.
"I thank the voters of Maine for their support," Romney said in a statement late Saturday. "I'm committed to turning around America. And I'm heartened to have the support of so many good people in this great state."
Romney visited two caucus sites Saturday after abandoning plans to take the day off. The change made clear that his campaign could ill-afford another loss.
http://a.abcnews.com//images/Politics/9a4db2d8c66045a8bcfbeb9a4c3ed92c_mn.jpg

FILE - In this Jan. 23, 2012 file photo, Republican presidential candidates, Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, right, and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney share a laugh during a break in a Republican presidential debate at the University of South Florida in Tampa, Fla. Romney and Paul rarely acknowledge each other in the Republican presidential race, focusing their attention and attacks on rivals Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum instead. That curious detente will be tested in Maine's caucuses Saturday, where Romney's reputation as a political shape shifter is set to go head-to-head with Paul's quirky but consistent set of libertarian beliefs.

Romney also held a town hall-style meeting in Maine on Friday night. It was the first time he'd taken voter questions since campaigning in South Carolina last month.
Maine's nonbinding presidential straw poll had drawn virtually none of the hype surrounding recent contests in Florida and Nevada, where candidates poured millions of dollars into television and radio advertising.
Romney's campaign had placed only a small cable television ad buy airing Friday and Saturday, at a cost of several thousand dollars. But he sent surrogates to the state in recent days and hosted a telephone town hall in addition to Friday's campaign stop.
Romney consistently declined to criticize Paul, however.
Instead, he lobbed indirect criticism at Santorum, a former Pennsylvania senator, and Gingrich, a former House speaker, by repeating intensifying rhetoric of recent days that paints them as tainted Washington insiders.
"I have never spent a day in Washington working," Romney said. "I expect to go there, get it fixed and then go home."
He added, "In my home with my mom and dad I learned conservative values. In my faith I learned conservative values. And in my business."

Romney won 11 delegates in Maine and Texas Rep. Ron Paul won 10, according to an analysis by The Associated Press. Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich were shut out.

Karsten
02-12-2012, 02:50 AM
We probably will have fewer votes next week than if Washington was today, but our margin will probably be greater, exceeding 194 votes. After all, why would Romney supporters show up next week when they think he already won?

socal
02-12-2012, 02:52 AM

Last night ...

Today after 6 PM:
The 16 county totals are exactly the same in the 2 spreadsheets: Paul = 798, Romney=614.

The State totals at the top have gone up from (Paul, Romney) = (798,614) to (Romney, Paul) = (2190,1996), the latter being the totals reported by the GOP. And the vote lead at the bottom went up to reflect the new State totals.

So the 16 county totals in the spreadsheet were not updated after "last night", but the state totals were: Romney got + 1,576 votes, and Paul got + 1,198 votes.

So as has been discussed, there was some monkey business going on, but without more info, I don't see what these 2 spreadsheets prove. Maybe more Paul-leaning precincts were sampled in "last nights" 16 county spreadsheet results.

JJ2
02-12-2012, 02:59 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/romney-end-losing-streak-maine-15561379

a major snowstorm

Gardner, a Romney supporter,

Those two quotes tell you everything.

A "dusting" is a "major snowstorm"? In the northernmost state of the lower 48? Are you kidding me?

zadrock
02-12-2012, 03:10 AM
Technically, no. both kerry and edwards were re-elected as senators when they ran together in 2004. However, rand's path to reelectionmight not be as easy as theirs.

MozoVote
02-12-2012, 07:13 AM
Before people get the tar and feathers ready for Gardner, it's worth remembering that Wayne Terhune (who led the rump convention and delegation in Nevada in 2008) was not a Ron Paul supporter. Just a local GOP participant that was disgusted by what he'd witnessed.

Maybe Gardner and Webster are washing each other's hands. Or maybe Gardner feels caught in the vice right now.

County chairs are unpaid positions that involve significant personal time. Maybe Webster is willing to gamble with his politicial future by "delivering this" for Romney, but if Gardner is like most county chairs, he's got his sights on winning a local office someday. (County commission, statehouse or something.) He's going to be more nervous about appearing to suppress the vote.

Will be interesting to hear what the locals have to report back over the next few days, and they sound him out in private.

winstonsblues
02-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Remember Gardner was the one saying that they did not realize the votes wouldn't count. He doesn't seem like an accomplice in this.

Barrex
02-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Remember Gardner was the one saying that they did not realize the votes wouldn't count. He doesn't seem like an accomplice in this.

No. He is accomplice. He was part of it. Only question is is he that stupid not to know what is happening or he knew what is happening and agreed with it.

GraniteHills
02-12-2012, 10:04 AM
This is the only story/commentary I've been able to find from a Maine newspaper. It's almost as if the Mainstream Maine Media, akin to Mainstream National Media, is pretending this didn't happen, or isn't a big deal.

"Is the Maine GOP really going to disenfranchise a county and a half?" by Amy Fried, Bangor Daily News
http://pollways.bangordailynews.com/2012/02/11/national/is-the-maine-gop-really-going-to-disenfranchise-a-county-and-a-half/

wstrucke
02-12-2012, 10:05 AM

If it's that cheap why leave it to the campaign? Let's run the damned ads.

FriedChicken
02-12-2012, 10:29 AM
If it's that cheap why leave it to the campaign? Let's run the damned ads.

The campaign has said that commercials are something that the grassroots are welcome to do on their own, they just discouraged direct mail and other tactics.
LETS DO THIS.

edit: heck I'll chip in $30 and cover ten ads myself by the end of the day if we can get this organized.
We also need to get some ads running on google and facebook as well as grassroots organization on the ground, etc.

RonRules
02-12-2012, 11:11 AM
I pledge $100 for any Ron Paul supporter in Washington county that needs help to ensure that the citizens of that county get to vote and their votes are counted.
PM me your plan and I'll help with what I can. I live in California, but I assure you, right now I want to drive all the way to Maine!

affa
02-12-2012, 12:08 PM

Any person complicit in cancelling a caucus the night before the tallies will be reported by national media is absolutely complicit in the shenanigans.

HOLLYWOOD
02-12-2012, 12:25 PM
So... Washington county had no problem for the Girl Scouts holding their meeting in this so-called "major snowstorm"... but this shows you the fraud of the state(.gov).

Electioneering, creating new caucuses for the purpose to steal delegates and stack the deck of votes of one candidate. Cancelling Caucuses under bullshit excuses like 3 inches of snow in the state of Maine during the winter. WTF, I mean, when was it that a political party can now deny voters, cities, counties and other politicking across the state? Then the MaineGOP, ruling: not to count anymore caucuses/votes conducted across the state this next week, nor any makeups for missed votes.

This is downright fraudulent, ruling a winner with 84% of the vote? Stalin was sooooooo correct!

Here's 2008 GOP totals for Washington county, MAINE Only 113 people voted in the entire county.

BUT! There's 33,000 people in Washington county, ME. I' sure there are 200 Ron Paul supporters minimum.

DEMO: http://www.city-data.com/county/Washington_County-ME.html

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/RON%20PAUL%202012/Washington_2008.png

seawolf
02-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Linda Bean, heiress to LL Bean Inc. and the number one supporter of Ron Paul needs to make a strong statement on the Maine caucus .

Contact her office in Maine. She needs to step up and then the media will take notice.

HOLLYWOOD
02-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Linda Bean, heiress to LL Bean Inc. and the number one supporter of Ron Paul needs to make a strong statement on the Maine caucus .

Contact her office in Maine. She needs to step up and then the media will take notice.yes, forgot all about BEAN. We could buy their BEAN clothing to reciprocate.

cheapseats
02-12-2012, 01:29 PM
yes, forgot all about BEAN. We could buy their BEAN clothing to reciprocate.

It would be unwise to MAKE THAT OFFER to her, however.

What is the connection between L.L. Bean and Voter Fraud, or is she "only" Deep Pockets? If so, you can probably only hit her up ONCE beyond what SHE elected to give without alienating her. Unless she is a Rabid Fan.

Put Ron Paul on a back emotional burner for a sec. AMERICA must address voter fraud. Speaking of things we can't afford, we cannot afford for our elections to become LAUGHINGSTOCKS. Academics (however much you hate them) and ACLU (however much you hate them) and the people of Maine (& Iowa &&&) whose votes didn't get counted should, and I believe COULD, be herded into some Moral Outrage.

If the issue is legitimate, if there IS Voter Fraud, and if it IS at Ron Paul's expense, it will be as APPARENT, like Racism is made apparent by prison statistics.

Electoral integrity, accurate counting, these are bigger than Ron Paul. If they are not framed as being ABOUT Ron Paul, more people WILL be interested because more people than Ron Paul Supporters ARE impacted.

Separate little spin-off ground game.

Ron Paul HAD his chance to lower the boom, in his Maine speech. He ALLUDED to it, without GOING FOR IT.

This path of action can be handled by Ron Paul Grassroots WITHOUT broadcasting Ron Paul. It should not be done by The Campaign AT ALL, unless Ron Paul registers (stern, not sing-song-y) objection AT THE TIME.

Yes, I KNOW about the bias and the blacking out and the "technical difficulties" and the dead voters and and and. Doesn't matter. For Ron Paul or the Campaign or his Supporters to object so steadily invites the SOUR GRAPES and WHINER cards.

Look no further than the Mideast to know that TPTB not only get others to do their fighting for them, they get 'em to ENLIST.

Badger Paul
02-12-2012, 01:34 PM
The only leverage RP has over Romney is the threat to bolt the GOP. By not using this leverage in regards to the caucus vote, then essentially he's giving up winning the straw vote in hope he'll get his delegates through to the national convention. We'll see if that happens. Four years ago the Maine GOP shut us out completely.

Brian4Liberty
02-12-2012, 01:45 PM

Only if you believe that story.

kill the banks
02-12-2012, 03:20 PM

Contact her office in Maine. She needs to step up and then the media will take notice.

this makes good sense

parocks
02-12-2012, 04:17 PM
yes, forgot all about BEAN. We could buy their BEAN clothing to reciprocate.

http://www.lindabeansperfectmaine.com/locations.html

buy her lobsters

parocks
02-12-2012, 04:20 PM
The campaign has said that commercials are something that the grassroots are welcome to do on their own, they just discouraged direct mail and other tactics.
LETS DO THIS.

edit: heck I'll chip in $30 and cover ten ads myself by the end of the day if we can get this organized.
We also need to get some ads running on google and facebook as well as grassroots organization on the ground, etc.

Figuring out what exactly people are to do. Whoever has ideas on this might check the facebook group maine for ron paul - where theres a lot of activity overall

Darrel Mulloy
02-12-2012, 05:10 PM

Why vote for Obama? There are other choices if Dr. Paul doesn't get the nomination. You can either choose not to vote at all, or vote for one of the third party candidates to show protest.

Ideally, we will have Dr. Paul on a third party ticket and we can vote for him if the GOP continues to pull their shenanigans.