PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's visit to Phoenix

Liberty
06-18-2007, 07:23 PM
I went to the airport and talked to supporters about a half hour before Dr. Paul arrived. The energy in the air was unbelievable and when he came walking, everyone went crazy as you saw in the videos. I am very grateful to the people who shot that video, as it was hard to hear Dr. Paul speak, even though I was only 15 feet away from him.
After he left the airport, I drove to the Arizona Republican Assembly convention where he was going to give the keynote speech during lunch. ARA allowed non-members to attend for $75, only $10 more than members paid. I arrived early and sat in the sitting area outside the convention room. To my surprise, Dr. Paul also arrived early, and came walking with someone from the campaign and there were only 3 other people in that area. I walked up to him, shook his hand and told him how great it was to meet him and thanked him for what he is doing. He expressed his appreciation not only verbally, but with his eyes. For about a half hour, there were only 10 people in that area and he answered any questions we had. How fortunate we were. Right before he was scheduled to speak, many more people showed up. He received a standing ovation before and after his address of approximately 45-60 minutes and then answered several questions. He left almost immediately as he was on a tight schedule. During the address, he said everywhere he goes, people walk up to him and thank him for what he is doing and how much he appreciates it. That made my day. I know someone recorded the speech, but haven't seen it show up anywhere.
Do not miss an opportunity to feel the energy when this man give a live presentation to a group of supporters. What an awesome day.

DjLoTi
06-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Wow. I am so jealous of you. 30 minutes and only 10 people. I have so many questions I want to ask him. lol

Original_Intent
06-18-2007, 07:48 PM
I don't have any questions. I would just like to prostrate myself and say "I'm not worthy!":D

OK, maybe that is a bit over the top, but I would love to meet him just the same!:)