PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Paine has something he wants to say to us Ron Paul supporters

cavalier973
02-11-2012, 06:08 PM
"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated."

Read the rest here (http://www.ushistory.org/Paine/crisis/c-01.htm).

Did anyone notices that Gingrich only got 6%? What are the odds that, despite his avowal to stay in until Super Tuesday, that he exits the race posthaste?

Blue
02-11-2012, 06:09 PM
"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated."

Did anyone notices that Gingrich only got 6%? What are the odds that, despite his avowal to stay in until Super Tuesday, that he exits the race posthaste?

Newt isn't going anywhere. He paid no attention to Maine, that's why his vote was so low.

JimInNY
02-11-2012, 06:10 PM
but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.

OK ladies, line up to love me and thank me. :)

swissaustrian
02-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Newt is counting on the South.

bobburn
02-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Santorum didn't pay any attention and got 18%. What's Newt's excuse then?

ghengis86
02-11-2012, 06:14 PM

+rep

I'm an imperfect messenger, but the message is perfect. - Ron Paul

All the whiners, complainers, criticizers, pessimists and pussy-mouthed little bitches need to shut the hell up.

Jtorsella
02-11-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm going to keep fighting, but I don't think things look good.

cavalier973
02-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Don't get me wrong, the Maine results are disappointing to me in the extreme, but I see nothing else to do but press on or die (eventually, at the hands of Big Brother). The Good Doctor got 36%, which is a new "ceiling" for him.

He's ascending!

I feel the need for some inspirational music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua90iALCTNQ

CTRattlesnake
02-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Maine is our Valley Forge?

ghengis86
02-11-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm going to keep fighting, but I don't think things look good.

it's always darkest before the dawn and some such shit.

buck up son; actual people were getting slaughtered, like litterally blown apart, maimed and killed by the world super-power of the day back in 1776. and they didnt' give up their fight for liberty when 'thing's didn't look good'. hell, they were barefoot in valley forge in the winter and their army was dying of exposure, malnourishment and insufficient medical care.

they might have gotten down for a bit too, but they doubled-down and whooped some ass. all so we could be negative nancies on our computers in our warm homes? not on my watch. this freedom train is steaming on, and I'm all aboard, 110%

let's do this!

cavalier973
02-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Maine is our Valley Forge?

Not just Maine; but every contest so far that has looked promising, only to come up short.

afwjam
02-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Give me Liberty or give me death!
Fight on guys!

cavalier973
02-11-2012, 06:29 PM
And, of course, there's still the much-maligned delegate strategy....

From my blog: http://godandfreetrade.wordpress.com/2012/02/10/dungeons-dragons-and-ron-paul/

Dungeons & Dragons and Ron Paul
First, read this (it’s long): http://www.enworld.org/forum/new-horizons-upcoming-edition-d-d/317715-very-long-combat-sport-vs-combat-war-key-difference-d-d-play-styles.html

tl;dr version: There are two styles of D&D play (according to the author of the above thread post): “Combat as War” and “Combat as Sport”. He proffers this as an explanation why edition wars become so crazy insane.

The example he uses to define each style is to describe the adventuring party stumbling upon a hive of giant magic bees. “Combat as Sport” players engage the bees, fight a tough, but evenly matched battle with the bees, and take the honey. “Combat as War” players sneak back to the owlbear den and entice it to go to the beehive and either fight the bees or lead them away, after which the players take the honey.

Romney, Moonboy, and Santorum are “Combat as Sport” campaigners. They are watching the polls, trying to do well in debates, and winning the (usually) meaningless straw poll-like caucuses and primaries. Seriously, none of the contests from a couple of days ago actually resulted in any delegates awarded. [note: I wrote this after the Feb 7 contests in which Santorum won MN, CO, and MO]

Ron Paul is running a “Combat as War” campaign. He’s fine with the other three entering the arena for some gladiatorial combat in front of cheering crowds. He’s busy dousing the arena walls with gasoline, scattering caltrops around each exit, and having his sniper team hide just outside to pick off the survivors….

bunklocoempire
02-11-2012, 06:30 PM

Good stuff OP.:)

As far as Newt goes, seeing as Newt still has a pulse the MSM just might consider his 6% a surge.... Why would Newt bolt during his surge?:rolleyes:;)

ONWARD!!