PDA

View Full Version : I am disappointed. The OFFICIAL thread.

wgadget
02-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Isn't there a disappointed icon?

mk8
02-11-2012, 06:01 PM
:/

CTRattlesnake
02-11-2012, 06:01 PM
ugh

UK4Paul
02-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Yeah, me too.

Still... I have no more pieces of furniture to throw out of the window. :)

bbartlog
Yeah, me too. It was always a longshot... it remains a longshot. Lucky thing I don't run on hope.

Rudeman
I'm voting for Ron Paul in the general election no matter what. Screw the media and screw the GOP.

RPit
We haven't lost yet. Have you guys even listened to the guy who annouced the results. He said those results were UNOFFICIAL!!!!

For god sake get a grip of reality.

Cortes
There is a sense of fatalism around these boards that comes up after each caucus/primary, and it follows bad logic:

1. media hates rp
2. to get around that you have to campaign
3. it doesn't matter because the media hates rp and voters are dumb
4. it's 'hopeless' because there's a conspiracy and it's all rigged etc
5. if only the american public understood the truth
6. back to point 1.

kind of sets yourself as a supporter up for false defeat, no?

We know RP is right in platform and message. But being right doesn't entitle us to expect automatic victory

All the fatalists here forget that with the huge disadvantage the media gives to RP, you must find other ways to get around it. And even then, sometimes it might not be enough with the sneaky tricks the state party line could pull during caucuses (which aren't 'fixed' btw; such an argument is pointless and does nothing good for the grassroots).

Even then, I do agree that the campaign hasn't been the most effective. Santorum has even less organization than Paul but yet he knows how to campaign. And his 'message' is as outside the mainstream as the media falsely believe Paul's is. Frothy doesn't need the media bias even though it helps him. He does well without it. Paul's campaign has too, but has fallen behind by poor decision making from his handlers. He doesn't campaign like frothy, but he easily could.

RPSupporter305
I am disappointed in all of you pointing fingers at each other when it was something that we couldn't control.

Endthefednow
02-11-2012, 06:03 PM
The Revolution Continues

Okie RP fan
02-11-2012, 06:03 PM
You have no right to be disappointed or angry on this forum.

You are immediately discredited and deemed moronic and "negative" for speaking the truth and displaying your own emotions after you have done what you can up to this point for the campaign.

I understand staying positive. And I am hopeful. However, I do not let reality escape. Some people on this forum need to get off their high horses and realize that not everyone is going to be giddy after coming in second, again.

wgadget
02-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Tell ya what...

Even if we never win ONE STATE, we are still 20% of the electorate, and if we stick together, we can wreak all KINDS of havoc.

:)

pauliticalfan
02-11-2012, 06:04 PM
A needed thread.

Why the hell can't Ron Paul catch a break?

Ames Straw Poll, Iowa, now Maine...

It's really disheartening.

I blame the Republican Party btw. You can't win in a party dominated by irrational people. In a general election, bound by no party, however, you can win if you get into the debates.

wgadget
02-11-2012, 06:05 PM

You are immediately discredited and deemed moronic and "negative" for speaking the truth and displaying your own emotions after you have done what you can up to this point for the campaign.

I understand staying positive. And I am hopeful. However, I do not let reality escape. Some people on this forum need to get off their high horses and realize that not everyone is going to be giddy after coming in second, again.

Some people on this forum seriously remind me of Mrs. Bucket (pronounce Boo-KAY).

centure7
02-11-2012, 06:05 PM
I think we should withhold our disappointment until Feb 18th when the Maine election is over.

wgadget
02-11-2012, 06:06 PM
We haven't lost yet. Have you guys even listened to the guy who annouced the results. He said those results were UNOFFICIAL!!!!

For god sake get a grip of reality.

I'm afraid the UNOFFICIAL results have done their intended damage.

Blue
02-11-2012, 06:06 PM
We all wanted a win, but we probably got most of the delegates.

wgadget
02-11-2012, 06:07 PM
A needed thread.

I blame the Republican Party btw. You can't win in a party dominated by irrational people. In a general election, bound by no party, however, you can win if you get into the debates.

1. The GOP has it in for him and the libertarian wing.
2. The GOP will not allow Ron to get any momentum.
3. The GOP does not like us.

Marky
Maybe Ron should start a new party called the Golden Rule party…where the platform is legalizing competing currencies and non-interventionism….(following the Golden Rule)

Rudeman
I'm disappointed in:
The media
The Republican Party
Americans who blindly follow

JoshS
The Revolution Continues

Except it never started. We can't even win Maine...it's over.

BRB Delegates. lol let's be serious, we lost. I wish you guys luck in further campaigning and money bombs, which will forever be small because no one thinks this campaign can even effectively use the money donated.

Cortes

I get that, but some people here perpetuate this 'losing' mentality without realizing that they have the means which to build upon the success the campaign has had and the means to improve what the campaign does poorly.

Instead it gets wasted and people sink into bitterness and fatalism.

pauliticalfan
02-11-2012, 06:08 PM
We need to be realistic though. If we can't win a state like Maine, 5 thousand votes, we can't win big neo-con states.

Gray Fullbuster
02-11-2012, 06:09 PM
I literally said yesterday he wouldn't win and about THREE individuals called me a troll as soon as I posted.

Don't always expect a win and then be upset when you lose.

Edit: I lose rep for telling people to expect the worse so they don't get upset. :/ meh.

wgadget
02-11-2012, 06:09 PM
0-8 is just not that enlightening, for whatever reason.

angelatc
02-11-2012, 06:10 PM
The bright side is that it doesn't hurt as badly as it did when we were losing in 2008. I was a serious believer back then.

thoughtomator
02-11-2012, 06:11 PM
On the bright side Paul set another record with 36% of the vote in a state, besting his previous best of 27% in Minnesota.

Endthefednow
02-11-2012, 06:12 PM

BRB Delegates. lol let's be serious, we lost. I wish you guys luck in further campaigning and money bombs, which will forever be small because no one thinks this campaign can even effectively use the money donated.

JoshS it is my understanding that the Ron Pual Revolution Started a few years ago. 4 years ago
Ron Only received 18% of the Vote in main Today he had 36%

braane
02-11-2012, 06:14 PM
It's going to get harder before it gets easier. Arizona and Michigan are going to be an uphill battle to say the least. We will have our day though. It's going to happen eventually, as long as we keep our heads down and keep pushing forward. Washington is our next great opportunity, and we CAN win there.

JoshS
JoshS it is my understanding that the Ron Pual Revolution Started a few years ago. 4 years ago
Ron Only received 18% of the Vote in main Today he had 36%

And in 4 more years he won't be running. The field will be all neo-cons and no one will remember the revolution and the libertarian party will retire back to anonymity as we take more giant leaps toward tyranny.

mport1
This hurts bad. If a we did just a bit better at just a few points of the campaign we would be miles ahead of where we are now. It is like a domino effect starting with Ames, then slipping from first in Iowa, then the disappointing finish in Nevada, and now this. So frustrating that that just a little bit more could have really given us a boost.

Cortes
02-11-2012, 06:16 PM
I could understand this attitude if the vote tallies this cycle were identical to 2008 or lower.

I think a lot of supporters are naive and don't realize the dialogue, chain of logic and 'narrative' the media uses in regards to Paul's campaign is completely different and stacked up in a much more negative and biased fashion. Their game rules are different for Paul. This is no secret; journalists all over the spectrum admit it.

It seems to hit harder because we get a double whammy of crappy coverage and ignorance from both parties. Then the naive supporter 'opens his eyes' and sinks into fatalism and decides the whole system is rigged and the future is pointless.

Yet they are still naive. Why? They fail to realize the campaign has tripled its success from the last election, all thanks to their own efforts. We have scored points despite the different rules.

And in 4 more years he won't be running. The field will be all neo-cons and no one will remember the revolution and the libertarian party will retire back to anonymity as we take more giant leaps toward tyranny.

This quote exactly proves my point.

heavenlyboy34
02-11-2012, 06:16 PM
A needed thread.

Is there a party that isn't dominated by irrational people?

JimInNY
02-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Is this the official losers thread? Why sulk here when you can be rejoicing on the official 36% thread? Newsflash! We shattered the 27% ceiling today!

Thanks Maine!

Captain Shays
02-11-2012, 06:19 PM
It doesn't matter to me one bit whether we win a primary. I know we're right and they the majority of this country is wrong. In the first revolution they used to say "give me liberty or give me death". In this revolution, I don't know about you, but what I say is
NO ONE BUT PAUL

JoshS
02-11-2012, 06:19 PM
I could understand this attitude if the vote tallies this cycle were identical to 2008 or lower.

I think a lot of supporters are naive and don't realize the dialogue, chain of logic and 'narrative' the media uses in regards to Paul's campaign are completely different and stacked up in a much more negative and biased fashion. This is no secret; journalists all over the spectrum admit it.

It seems to hit harder because we get a double whammy of crappy coverage and ignorance from both parties. Then the naive supporter 'opens his eyes' and sinks into fatalism and decides the whole system is rigged and the future is pointless.

Yet they are still naive. Why? They fail to realize the campaign has tripled its success from the last election, all thanks to their own efforts.

This quote exactly proves my point.

Why thank you for the enlightenment Dec. 2011 but I've been a RP supporter since '07 and RP won't be running in 4 years and we, like all other candidates, have a lot of soft support. Over the next 4 years many RP supporters, whether they'd like to believe it or not, will be lulled back asleep by the media and vote for the next schill they think expresses their opinion. There's no more Ron Pauls, no more 30 year voting records, no more 'Mr. No'. It's about over fella.

Is this the official losers thread? Why sulk here when you can be rejoicing on the official 36% thread? Newsflash! We shattered the 27% ceiling today!

Thanks Maine!

36% isn't as cool when it's 36% of less than 6k votes, sorry.

3kgt
02-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Tonight is the first night I feel true disappointment because I did let myself get a little excited...only because I thought we actually had a chance and it was safe to be a little hyped at least.

Shit man who wants to pool funds, buy an island, and start our own country? I have a really nice $80 coconut splitter that I'm willing to share

splanky
02-11-2012, 06:22 PM
It does not matter, how much better we did than last time!! What matters is not giving up. And if we don't win in the end? Help Americans achieve their suicide - vote for Obama.

Paulitics 2011
02-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Let's wait for the official results. Some are saying it's within 100 votes, and 16% of caucuses are yet to report.

NYgs23
02-11-2012, 06:23 PM

I understand that Ron Paul winning the nomination is a long shot and probably just got longer all in all. But whether he wins or loses this race, I think you are wrong to suggest that the liberty movement will simply fall to pieces. It will grow just it has grown over the past four years despite Paul's loss then. One only has to look at the exit polls that show him getting 40-50% in most states to realize that time is on our side. The most important thing is that the internet remain free and uncensored.

JoshS
02-11-2012, 06:26 PM
I understand that Ron Paul winning the nomination is a long shot and probably just got longer all in all. But whether he wins or loses this race, I think you are wrong to suggest that the liberty movement will simply fall to pieces. It will grow just it has grown over the past four years despite Paul's loss then. One only has to look at the exit polls that show him getting 40-50% in most states to realize that time is on our side. The most important thing is that the internet remain free and uncensored.

The internet's not going to be free and uncensored by the end of this year, so there goes that. Secondly, RP won't be there to rally the libertarians again and Rand is far from the candidate Ron is. Rand can't generate any enthusiasm compared to his dad. The media can just pretend like we don't even exist, which will be quite easy for them and everyone will forget we exist. Most of the hardcore libertarians will stay on-board but this will diminish our soft support and realistic chances of moving forward.

Liberty74
We all wanted a win, but we probably got most of the delegates.

Those delegates won't get reported by the media going to Ron. The media will estimate their own delegate count as they have been doing and with Romney winning, we get no free positive media coverage (perception matters). I will keep saying, we need some kind of unforeseen event to shake up this process where the voters start to wake up and herd themselves to Ron.

angelatc
Tonight is the first night I feel true disappointment because I did let myself get a little excited...only because I thought we actually had a chance and it was safe to be a little hyped at least.

Shit man who wants to pool funds, buy an island, and start our own country? I have a really nice $80 coconut splitter that I'm willing to share I think the last time we tried that, Togo kicked our ass

splanky
02-11-2012, 06:27 PM

This. Especially regarding the internet.

angelatc
02-11-2012, 06:28 PM
It does not matter, how much better we did than last time!! What matters is not giving up. And if we don't win in the end? Help Americans achieve their suicide - vote for Obama.

Nah - vote third party so they can keep their ballot access.

Cortes
02-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Why thank you for the enlightenment Dec. 2011 but I've been a RP supporter since '07 and RP won't be running in 4 years and we, like all other candidates, have a lot of soft support. Over the next 4 years many RP supporters, whether they'd like to believe it or not, will be lulled back asleep by the media and vote for the next schill they think expresses their opinion. There's no more Ron Pauls, no more 30 year voting records, no more 'Mr. No'. It's about over fella.

36% isn't as cool when it's 36% of less than 6k votes, sorry.

No more Ron Pauls? I guess all those other candidates running for office that this site has separate forums for may as well just call it a day, right? After all, voters end up voting for some hack that follows the party line like Trey Grayson and- wait...

Silverbug1980
02-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Now, I am absolutely stone cold drunk, so take this with a grain of salt. But there is no way they will let us win. Simply put, without a landslide, we will never have won. Those folks saying we have sown the seeds of liberty, and the next generation will continue it are fooling themselves. They will be marginalized and thus forth just like we have been. This country will not be restored, until it collapses. Whether from tyranny, or otherwise.

JoshS
02-11-2012, 06:35 PM
No more Ron Pauls? I guess all those other candidates running for office that this site has separate forums for may as well just call it a day, right? After all, voters end up voting for some hack that follows the party line like Trey Grayson and- wait...

No one's going to create the enthusiasm Ron Paul did. I'm not sure if that's even debatable. Ron has the predictions, the economic prowess, the youtube vids, the voting record, the written literature, the best selling books, etc. He was the one who did actually cure voter apathy. No one comes close and no one will.

NYgs23
02-11-2012, 06:37 PM
The internet's not going to be free and uncensored by the end of this year, so there goes that. Secondly, RP won't be there to rally the libertarians again and Rand is far from the candidate Ron is. Rand can't generate any enthusiasm compared to his dad. The media can just pretend like we don't even exist, which will be quite easy for them and everyone will forget we exist. Most of the hardcore libertarians will stay on-board but this will diminish our soft support and realistic chances of moving forward.

Do you enjoy being pessimistic or are you just depressed today? We don't know what's going to happen with the internet. Rand generated enough enthusiasm to win a senate race and pro-liberty isn't just Rand and Ron; it's hundreds of thousands of people gradually advancing an idea. You need to take a long historical view. The very idea of natural rights didn't even reach full development until less than 400 years ago. Since then we've manage to separate church from state, abolish slavery, and inculcate at least some of these ideas in millions of minds. Slowly but steadily, we move onward and upward as a species.

JoshS
02-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Do you enjoy being pessimistic or are you just depressed today? We don't know what's going to happen with the internet. Rand generated enough enthusiasm to win a senate race and pro-liberty isn't just Rand and Ron; it's hundreds of thousands of people gradually advancing an idea. You need to take a long historical view. The very idea of natural rights didn't even reach full development until less than 400 years ago. Since then we've manage to separate church from state, abolish slavery, and inculcate at least some of these ideas in millions of minds. Slowly but steadily, we move onward and upward as a species.

Maybe you need to take a history/current events class and realize we lose liberty by the day.

wgadget
02-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Those delegates won't get reported by the media going to Ron. The media will estimate their own delegate count as they have been doing and with Romney winning, we get no free positive media coverage (perception matters). I will keep saying, we need some kind of unforeseen event to shake up this process where the voters start to wake up and herd themselves to Ron.

I wonder if a DOLLAR COLLAPSE would have any effect.

I pray it doesn't happen, but I do believe Ron will be vindicated in the end. In one interview, he predicted it would happen before this summer, and judging by what's going on in Greece, he's probably right.

JK/SEA
02-11-2012, 06:41 PM
yeah, extremely dis-appointed. I was so looking forward to Ron saying..woohoo look at me, i'm going to Disneyland.

Seriously though...dis-appointed in what...exactly?

JoshS
02-11-2012, 06:44 PM
That 3% cost us millions in donations and unthinkable momentum.

NYgs23
Maybe you need to take a history/current events class and realize we lose liberty by the day.

The past 150 years or so have been largely, though not entirely, a zag. But obviously liberty doesn't just get lost and never gained. Were that the case we'd still be living under the pharaoh. I can remain optimistic in the long term when I consider the whole of human history and how far we've come. And I look at statistics like this:

CNN Iowa Caucus Entrance Poll--Vote by Age

------------Paul..........Santorum.......Romney
17-24.........50%..........21%..............13%
25-29.........45%..........27%..............12%
30-39.........34%..........30%..............17%
40-49.........17%..........25%..............23%
50-64.........15%..........27%..............26%
65+............11%..........20%..............33%

FOX New Hampshire Primary Exit Poll--Vote by Age

------------Paul..........Romney
18-29.........46%..........28%
30-39.........35%..........34%
40-49.........24%..........42%
50-64.........18%..........42%
65+............12%..........42%

splanky
The very idea of natural rights didn't even reach full development until less than 400 years ago. Since then we've manage to separate church from state, abolish slavery, and inculcate at least some of these ideas in millions of minds. Slowly but steadily, we move onward and upward as a species.

Hell man, that crap is what I'm fighting against!

tbone717
02-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Even if we never win ONE STATE, we are still 20% of the electorate, and if we stick together, we can wreak all KINDS of havoc.

This needs to be corrected so that we do not get too full of ourselves. When you total all the votes for Paul in the nine contests that have been held and compare that with the 2008 general election totals for the same states we are 1.56% of the electorate. That percentage is even less when you compare our vote total to all registered voters.

A few polls have shown that around 40% of Paul voters will not support the nominee. If that is the case then "we" are 0.6% of the electorate. Not much of a force to "wreak havoc" as you suggest.

Don't want to burst your bubble, but I would hate to see people have false hope that we are some large contingency when in reality we are not.

JoshS
02-11-2012, 06:45 PM
The past 150 years or so have been largely, though not entirely, a zag. But obviously liberty doesn't just get lost and never gained. Were that the case we'd still be living under the pharaoh. I can remain optimistic in the long term when I consider the whole of human history and how far we've come. And I look at statistics like this:

Because only our people are active at that young an age. Once the young generation grows up and ALL start voting, it will diminish back to a small minority. Think of all the ignorant 20-25 year olds you know, they don't vote yet.

mport1
02-11-2012, 06:48 PM
The liberty cat is out of the bag and has caught fire with young people. There is no turning back now. No matter what happens with this election, liberty will eventually prevail.

SCOTUSman
02-11-2012, 06:49 PM
I am physically sick right now. I was hoping for Iowa....Minnesota or Maine....Maine especially...our greatest chance. But nope...I need to vomit I think.

Pauls' Revere
02-11-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm voting for Ron Paul in the general election no matter what. Screw the media and screw the GOP.

bump.

and did you see the hype Romney got for winning a straw poll? Where was the media when Ron won?

Third party run?

Muwahid
JUST ONE STATE DAMNIT, JUST ONE FUCKING STATE...

I know we're racking up delegates I know were doing "very well" but for fucks sake we just need one state for momentum, the more this shit happens the more demoralized supporters are, the less donations, the less momentum

if he won iowa i guarentee he woulda won maine, its perception, everyone talking otherwise is talking shit.

he shoulda took iowa, probably woulda had him win NH, done better atleast in SC/FL, took nevada, minnesota

fuck life

NYgs23
Because only our people are active at that young an age. Once the young generation grows up and ALL start voting, it will diminish back to a small minority. Think of all the ignorant 20-25 year olds you know, they don't vote yet.

It's possible, but the younger generation is growing up outside the auspices of the MSM and tends to be more "live and let live" than previous generations, in a generalized and inchoate way. Their main problems are political correctness, enviro-statism, and a misunderstanding of economics. But this can change and has changed for many of us. I suspect few people here were rock-ribbed pro-liberty people before 2007. I wasn't. I was a sort paleo-conservative type. Now I'm a free market anarchist.

Talking to you is like slow dancing with a porcupine. I don't know how you even have the energy to type with your mentality. What's your strategy? Move from the country? Free state project? Seasteading? Or just moaning and groaning?

BRB. I need some booze.

seawolf
02-11-2012, 06:53 PM
It was an extremely difficult loss to swallow. The RP Grassroots and the Campaign really needed this Win in Maine for the BIG MOMENTUM and DOLLARS that would have brought.

As CNN and others are saying tonight this ninth straight loss just solidifies that Ron is a marginal Candidate.

Santorum has raised over $3 Million dollars in the last four days since his 3 wins on Tuesday. What do you think we will raise on the No One But Paul Money Bomb now???

Like I said this one loss really really hurts and is a big blow to the Campaign.

JoshS
02-11-2012, 06:54 PM
It's possible, but the younger generation is growing up outside the auspices of the MSM and tends to be more "live and let live" than previous generations, in a generalized and inchoate way. Their main problems are political correctness, enviro-statism, and a misunderstanding of economics. But this can change and has changed for many of us. I suspect few people here were rock-ribbed pro-liberty people before 2007. I wasn't. I was a sort paleo-conservative type. Now I'm a free market anarchist.

Talking to you is like slow dancing with a porcupine. I don't know how you even have the energy to type with your mentality. What's your strategy? Move from the country? Free state project? Seasteading? Or just moaning and groaning?

BRB. I need some booze.

Well I am in the disappointed thread....so moaning and groaning for now. Just venting, I'm sure you understand.

Most young people I know are staunch socialists though, so good luck with that.

NYgs23
02-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Mmm...Pinot Grigio in a dixie cup.

NYgs23
02-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Well I am in the disappointed thread....so moaning and groaning for now. Just venting, I'm sure you understand.

Most young people I know are staunch socialists though, so good luck with that.

Well, until you have some plan of action to take, there's no use talking. Unless the talk can lead to worthwhile action, we may as well just party.

Revolution9
02-11-2012, 06:58 PM
We need to be realistic though. If we can't win a state like Maine, 5 thousand votes, we can't win big neo-con states.

That is not realism. Facts on the ground define realism. You have not the future in your pocklet so you cannot be realistic as you portray yourself. The stretches of logic you folks go through to support your miasma is enormous.

Rev9

NYgs23
02-11-2012, 06:58 PM
It was an extremely difficult loss to swallow. The RP Grassroots and the Campaign really needed this Win in Maine for the BIG MOMENTUM and DOLLARS that would have brought.

As CNN and others are saying tonight this ninth straight loss just solidifies that Ron is a marginal Candidate.

Santorum has raised over $3 Million dollars in the last four days since his 3 wins on Tuesday. What do you think we will raise on the No One But Paul Money Bomb now???

Like I said this one loss really really hurts and is a big blow to the Campaign.

Well, all you can do is promote that money bomb. Though at some point, we really need to focus on supporting pro-liberty congressional campaigns.

Pauls' Revere
02-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Is there a party that isn't dominated by irrational people?

Good question.

jllundqu
02-11-2012, 07:02 PM
We're just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic... It's All Going Down, Man!!! So F__ Off with your negativity and pessimism ;)

HigherVision

But we beat Santorum tonight.

bolidew

It'll show the campaign's commitment by doing its own "strategy" and remaining in the race all the way, even though the donated money dries up.

We will see.....

Revolution9
I literally said yesterday he wouldn't win and about THREE individuals called me a troll as soon as I posted.

Don't always expect a win and then be upset when you lose.

Edit: I lose rep for telling people to expect the worse so they don't get upset. :/ meh.

You got neg repped or called troll because that type of garbage turns off folks who are on the fence. When we lose by a few tens or a couple of hundred votes you drooldonkeys oughta hang that dead albatross about your necks instead of trying to hang the carcass around the necks of those who keep their feet planted and powder dry. You clowns ain't got no inside track on anything more than anyone else has around here. You are not some founts of wisdom. Yer just a frikkin' pain in the ass.

Rev9

Feelgood
02-11-2012, 07:03 PM
0-8 is just not that enlightening, for whatever reason.

Actually this makes it 0-9...total shut out.

Cortes
02-11-2012, 07:05 PM
No one's going to create the enthusiasm Ron Paul did. I'm not sure if that's even debatable. Ron has the predictions, the economic prowess, the youtube vids, the voting record, the written literature, the best selling books, etc. He was the one who did actually cure voter apathy. No one comes close and no one will.

His intellect is powerful, yes. But what it's good at doing is creating a base.

There is already a base. It needs to expand. And it does so not around one man, but through the entire country.

He's been damn good at kickstarting it, but his campaign hasn't been as effective as it could at expanding this base. Everything you mentioned only empowers the converted. All of those good things are not unique or exclusive to Ron Paul the individual. He is not the messiah; he's better than that. He's resurrected a paradigm shift that will carry on when he is no longer able to endorse it.

I don't get inspired because Ron Paul is speaking. I get inspired because Ron Paul is speaking powerful words.

And it's inevitable that new voices are going to be speaking those powerful words, and in forms extremely likely to be even more inspiring and convincing to the apathetic uninformed public.

jllundqu
02-11-2012, 07:05 PM
JUST ONE STATE DAMNIT, JUST ONE FUCKING STATE...

I know we're racking up delegates I know were doing "very well" but for fucks sake we just need one state for momentum, the more this shit happens the more demoralized supporters are, the less donations, the less momentum

if he won iowa i guarentee he woulda won maine, its perception, everyone talking otherwise is talking shit.

he shoulda took iowa, probably woulda had him win NH, done better atleast in SC/FL, took nevada, minnesota

fuck life

I think "Fucks sake" should be in the possessive form: Fuck's Sake..

Just sayin.

Darthbrooklyn
02-11-2012, 07:08 PM
FUCK SHIT DAMN ARGGGGHH :mad::mad: FUCK SHIT DAMN ARGGGGHH :mad::mad:FUCK SHIT DAMN ARGGGGHH :mad::mad: Just needed to say that.. Thanks

Cabal
02-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Fanboi-cheerleading-optimism aside. Rather disappointed myself. We needed this win moreso than any other to maintain relevance and bump fundraising. Considering the fact that RP was really the only hardcore campaigner in Maine and we still lost the straw poll, if only by <200 votes, this was still a heavy blow to us that will be haunting us for the next couple of weeks.

Delegates are great, but delegates that no one really reports on aren't going to help fundraising; nor are they going to help the rhetoric of the media, or the resulting public opinion.

Gray Fullbuster
02-11-2012, 07:10 PM
You got neg repped or called troll because that type of garbage turns off folks who are on the fence. When we lose by a few tens or a couple of hundred votes you drooldonkeys oughta hang that dead albatross about your necks instead of trying to hang the carcass around the necks of those who keep their feet planted and powder dry. You clowns ain't got no inside track on anything more than anyone else has around here. You are not some founts of wisdom. Yer just a frikkin' pain in the ass.

Rev9

Reported for flaming. :p

wgadget
02-11-2012, 07:12 PM
This needs to be corrected so that we do not get too full of ourselves. When you total all the votes for Paul in the nine contests that have been held and compare that with the 2008 general election totals for the same states we are 1.56% of the electorate. That percentage is even less when you compare our vote total to all registered voters.

A few polls have shown that around 40% of Paul voters will not support the nominee. If that is the case then "we" are 0.6% of the electorate. Not much of a force to "wreak havoc" as you suggest.

Don't want to burst your bubble, but I would hate to see people have false hope that we are some large contingency when in reality we are not.

In a three-way race, didn't Ron have 18%? And I may be wrong, but wouldn't as little as 5-10% of the vote affect the election?

tbone717
02-11-2012, 07:13 PM

Actually, someone will emerge that will create more enthusiasm than Paul. Now he may not be 100% lined up with Paul's positions and while that might cause angst in some of the people in this movement that are only here because of Ron Paul, it will be perfectly fine for those of us who have been part of the libertarian wing of the party long before Paul emerged on the scene. The success of Goldwater led to the success of Reagan. The success of Paul (as marginal as it is) will lead to the success (and hopefully victory) of our next standard bearer.

Some folks need to remember that this movement is not about Ron Paul, it is a movement that has existed in the GOP for nearly 100 years and will continue to move forward with or without Paul at the helm of it all.

JoshS
02-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Actually, someone will emerge that will create more enthusiasm than Paul. Now he may not be 100% lined up with Paul's positions and while that might cause angst in some of the people in this movement that are only here because of Ron Paul, it will be perfectly fine for those of us who have been part of the libertarian wing of the party long before Paul emerged on the scene. The success of Goldwater led to the success of Reagan. The success of Paul (as marginal as it is) will lead to the success (and hopefully victory) of our next standard bearer.

Some folks need to remember that this movement is not about Ron Paul, it is a movement that has existed in the GOP for nearly 100 years and will continue to move forward with or without Paul at the helm of it all.

Stopped reading at 'The Success of Reagan' ...lmao

That's exactly what I meant by there's not another Ron Paul. Reagan was horrible.

angelatc
My hubby just pointed out that when Rand wasn't doing as well as he wanted, he made changes in his campaign staff.

Adam West
I wanted to wipe the smirk off O'Reilly's face...

PaulConventionWV
02-11-2012, 07:17 PM
There is a sense of fatalism around these boards that comes up after each caucus/primary, and it follows bad logic:

1. media hates rp
6. back to point 1.

kind of sets yourself as a supporter up for false defeat, no?

We know RP is right in platform and message. But being right doesn't entitle us to expect automatic victory

All the fatalists here forget that with the huge disadvantage the media gives to RP, you must find other ways to get around it. And even then, sometimes it might not be enough with the sneaky tricks the state party line could pull during caucuses (which aren't 'fixed' btw; such an argument is pointless and does nothing good for the grassroots).

Even then, I do agree that the campaign hasn't been the most effective. Santorum has even less organization than Paul but yet he knows how to campaign. And his 'message' is as outside the mainstream as the media falsely believe Paul's is. Frothy doesn't need the media bias even though it helps him. He does well without it. Paul's campaign has too, but has fallen behind by poor decision making from his handlers. He doesn't campaign like frothy, but he easily could.

'Fixed' is a strong word, but the establishment definitely won't let Ron Paul win, no matter what the vote totals really are. That much is evident. They appease us by giving us a close second, but they will never let us win. Did you ever wonder why the states where Ron Paul was supposed to do well, he somehow lost ground in right before the caucuses? Frothy's surge in Iowa was media-created, and then the vote totals are manufactured to reflect reasonable expectations based on the media-created polling numbers.

foxtrotterz
02-11-2012, 07:18 PM
However morbid this may sound, Whitney Houston's death will dominate the airwaves the next few days and few will know that anything even happened in Maine this weekend.

Cortes
02-11-2012, 07:18 PM

That's exactly what I meant by there's not another Ron Paul. Reagan was horrible.

Reagan was phony at lots of things, sure, but he was a success with rhetoric. Had there never been Reagan's 'revolution' this country would have turned into France long ago. We wouldn't even have anybody bothering to pretend they support limited government and markets. If you think it's bad now, I can't even imagine how things would look had there never been a Goldwater to influence voters.

angelatc
02-11-2012, 07:19 PM
I wanted to wipe the smirk off O'Reilly's face...

I had to admit it, but "smirk" is really high up on the list of reason's I could never vote for Romney. He always seems to be smirking at the person he's debating with. If he gets the nod, the general is going to be unbearable. Snob vs Snob.

PaulConventionWV
02-11-2012, 07:19 PM

Kennedy was much better than Reagan. That's why he was assassinated.

NYgs23
02-11-2012, 07:21 PM
I had to admit it, but "smirk" is really high up on the list of reason's I could never vote for Romney. He always seems to be smirking at the person he's debating with. If he gets the nod, the general is going to be unbearable. Snob vs Snob.

Why torture yourself by paying any attention to it?

tbone717
02-11-2012, 07:24 PM
In a three-way race, didn't Ron have 18%? And I may be wrong, but wouldn't as little as 5-10% of the vote affect the election?

In a hypothetical poll he did, 11 months before the general election. That really doesn't tell you much does it? 5-10% would have an effect in battleground states, but there is nothing to suggest that our numbers are that large. Generally, and this is pretty much historically accurate, the people that do not participate in the primary process will vote for their party's nominee regardless of whom it is. So maybe in states like FL, OH, etc the Paul faction might have an impact, but a lot of that is dependent upon Obama's popularity going into the election. If he is Jimmy Carter-like then a couple percent of us not voting for the GOP nominee really shouldn't have much effect.

My point of this all though, is that we have some on here boasting as if we are some huge force to be reckoned with - if we truly were, then we would have won something by now. We can't hold the GOP hostage and expect them to take us seriously when we cannot amass enough organization and support to win a contest. My concern for this is that having our faction act like a bunch of sore losers will hurt us going into the 2014 mid terms and 2016. Personally, I think it is best to just keep our mouths shut, vote for whomever we choose to in the general and let the chips fall where they may.

As it stands now, I am focused on the next step. This election for me is done. Sad to say, as I thought this was a golden opportunity, but I feel that opportunity was squandered in many ways, but I'll keep my mouth shut on that for now.

tbone717
02-11-2012, 07:27 PM

Reagan sadly did not govern as many of us would have wished he did, (some might say that bullet he took was a big part of it) but when you look at what Reagan stood for and read his speeches from the 68, 76 and 80 primaries most of what he spoke on was very similar to the positions of Paul. That is why Paul endorsed him.

So both Goldwater and Reagan did do what Paul has been unable to do - win. We need someone who is principled and has the ability to win. That is the work that we in this wing of the party will be doing for the next 3 years.

angelatc
02-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Why torture yourself by paying any attention to it?

Heh. Only when Ron Paul is sharing the stage.

Revolution9
02-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Reported for flaming. :p

Hahahaha!~.. Alot of good that is gonna do ya. I smack concern trolls around here all day and half the night. It's a dirty job but someone has got to do it. LE is the good cop to my bad cop. There are some promising new Jedi's around and a few newbies that are deputized, but if your FUD clownage think yer just gonna steamroll this forum with your whining and pampers tossing, spattering FUD droolings every second thread, coming into positive threads and dumping your loads of miasma into it to derail it, well, someone is gonna have to take the wind out of your sails. Get too griped out and sailingaway will send you on your way.

Word up. If ya wanna neg rep me again and have it stick, make a comment. I only get a grey bar when you just click . Now get your face out of the dirt where you planted it with your BS and either get on the train or have the door hit you in the ass on yer way out.

Sarge-At-Arms
Grassroots Whip
Firing Range Officer
Rev9

tsetsefly
02-11-2012, 07:39 PM
I have to say, im gutted, I really treid not to get my hopes up, but I am incredibly dissapointed. I will still donate, still support but right now im fucking pissed... I dont buy into conspiracy theories etc. but I have to think the Maine GOP certianly played a big part in today's outcome this is just gross...

We are fighting a fucking war machine, but I think we are winning regardless of how the elections turn out, the war monguering neocons are on the way out and they know it...

nasonex
02-11-2012, 07:41 PM
The fact is that we need to realize unless we start winning states NOW we are going to LOSE THE NOMINATION.

The whole "only delegates count" is a total lie.

First, to win the nomination we need more delegates than anyone else. To do this we need to win states!

Second, we need momentum. We have lost momentum ever since Ames. We have not won a single state!

Third, we need to break the barrier that "Ron Paul can't win."

Fourth, we need to be raising more money with money bombs, not less.

nasonex
02-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Also, remember that if we don't win the nomination none of this matters. Liberty will not be advanced one inch if we don't win the nomination. Obama or a neocon will become president, and in four years we will be a total police state

tbone717
02-11-2012, 07:43 PM
The fact is that we need to realize unless we start winning states NOW we are going to LOSE THE NOMINATION.

First, to win the nomination we need more delegates than anyone else. To do this we need to win states!

Second, we need momentum. We have lost momentum ever since Ames. We have not won a single state!

My personal analysis as of right now would say that Paul would need to win Washington on the 3rd and then at least 3 of the 10 Super Tuesday contests in order to insert himself back into the narrative of this race, and I feel that one of those wins will need to be in a primary state.

wgadget
02-11-2012, 07:46 PM
In a hypothetical poll he did, 11 months before the general election. That really doesn't tell you much does it? 5-10% would have an effect in battleground states, but there is nothing to suggest that our numbers are that large. Generally, and this is pretty much historically accurate, the people that do not participate in the primary process will vote for their party's nominee regardless of whom it is. So maybe in states like FL, OH, etc the Paul faction might have an impact, but a lot of that is dependent upon Obama's popularity going into the election. If he is Jimmy Carter-like then a couple percent of us not voting for the GOP nominee really shouldn't have much effect.

My point of this all though, is that we have some on here boasting as if we are some huge force to be reckoned with - if we truly were, then we would have won something by now. We can't hold the GOP hostage and expect them to take us seriously when we cannot amass enough organization and support to win a contest. My concern for this is that having our faction act like a bunch of sore losers will hurt us going into the 2014 mid terms and 2016. Personally, I think it is best to just keep our mouths shut, vote for whomever we choose to in the general and let the chips fall where they may.

As it stands now, I am focused on the next step. This election for me is done. Sad to say, as I thought this was a golden opportunity, but I feel that opportunity was squandered in many ways, but I'll keep my mouth shut on that for now.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I believe that the GOP has stolen more than one caucus/primary from our man. Surely the strength of the Paul movement will be meted out in the general election....Lest why all the angst among the Establishment about his possible third party run?

wgadget
02-11-2012, 07:48 PM

I remember you from previous trolling sessions.

JoshS
02-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Reagan sadly did not govern as many of us would have wished he did, (some might say that bullet he took was a big part of it) but when you look at what Reagan stood for and read his speeches from the 68, 76 and 80 primaries most of what he spoke on was very similar to the positions of Paul. That is why Paul endorsed him.

So both Goldwater and Reagan did do what Paul has been unable to do - win. We need someone who is principled and has the ability to win. That is the work that we in this wing of the party will be doing for the next 3 years.

Reagan won because he was a great corporatist schill who could give a good speech. He was like Obama.

Endthefednow
02-11-2012, 07:50 PM
let`s all take a breather and listen to this one from the beatles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3jrWVp2L7U

tbone717
02-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I believe that the GOP has stolen more than one caucus/primary from our man. Surely the strength of the Paul movement will be meted out in the general election....Lest why all the angst among the Establishment about his possible third party run?

Well a third party Run by Paul himself would draw some attention and could get 5-10% of the general election vote. But that would require him running as an Independent, raising money, campaigning, running TV ads, getting in the debates, getting on all 50 state ballots, etc. I for one don't have the energy or enthusiasm for something like that and I doubt most of us do. Let's be realistic here, it was hard enough for Paul to get himself up to Maine for the contest that supposedly was a must win. Do you really think we will see him flying all over the country, living out of a suitcase and eating on the run for multiple months running a campaign that at best gets 10% of the vote? I doubt it.

But the Paul faction voting for a third party candidate like the LP or CP nominee or writing in Paul probably won't amount to all that much, judging from the numbers I posted.

tbone717
02-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Reagan won because he was a great corporatist schill who could give a good speech. He was like Obama.

You sound just like a liberal, because that is the talking points they use. I am guessing you were not alive in 1976 and saw his speech at the convention on TV, or saw his campaign throughout 1980 where he was able to articulate conservative principles is a way that made sense to average Americans?

So do you think that Ron Paul endorsed a man who was a corporatist schill? What would that say about Paul then?

Revolution9
I am physically sick right now. I was hoping for Iowa....Minnesota or Maine....Maine especially...our greatest chance. But nope...I need to vomit I think.

It's them granola bars;) Life is tough. I just watched Ron's speech to Maine. Great stuff. Makes me want to come back here and kick all the FUD hucksters virtual pieholes in. The GR is a growing superorganism. We got 36% in Maine. That was even with gambits being played on us. Watch Ron's speech. This man walk's with grace. He moves amongst evil men unscathed. He knows their tricks but does not let it get to him. He remains humble whilst taking down the largest criminal enterprise in the history of man by recruiting his posse, who recruit more to the cause, who do the same to add to the power of the superorganism white blood cells that can surround and kill the virus doing as little damage to the host ..the entire world.. as possible.

This is a battle fought in the minds. They have their assets..the MSM, unlimited cash, well oiled propaganda..we have our...word of mouth, boots on the ground, raw unbridled enthusiasm along with all the benefits of the interconnectivity of the internet. You have let them strike a blow on the field of the battleground..your mind. You may feel it internally but the moment that you externalize it they have completed the hit. You must practice mental hygeine against their tactics. Then you can become an attacker white cell that brokers no deals with viral memes and just envelops them and dissolves their membranes spilling their contents to become a puddle of useless toxin to be expelled with impunity.

Chin up. Eyes forward..feet planted in the moment. No FUD. It is proof their tactics are incubating.

Rev9

misterx
I was hoping to pull out the victory, but realistically 36 is better than I expected. So although I am disappointed we didn't get first, I can't help being pleased with the results. If we performed this well in every state we would've won a couple already.

JoshS
02-11-2012, 07:57 PM
You sound just like a liberal, because that is the talking points they use. I am guessing you were not alive in 1976 and saw his speech at the convention on TV, or saw his campaign throughout 1980 where he was able to articulate conservative principles is a way that made sense to average Americans?

I'm guessing you missed his presidency and the effects of it. Like I said, good speeches, like Obama. Don't really care if that's a liberal talking point, Ron criticizes almost everything Reagan did as president as well, is he a liberal now?

V3n
02-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Not the result we wanted, but it shows us how hard we've got to work.

Maybe this isn't the year we put a 'Paul' in the Whitehouse. So what?

Does that mean that the campaign should stop?
We should quit donating? Quit volunteering? Quit calling?
Ron Paul should drop out because he's never going to come in first?

HELL NO!

Double-down! We've got a country to shape! This was never going to happen over-night! You see what we're up against! Our children are depending on US!

02-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Well a third party Run by Paul himself would draw some attention and could get 5-10% of the general election vote. But that would require him running as an Independent, raising money, campaigning, running TV ads, getting in the debates, getting on all 50 state ballots, etc. I for one don't have the energy or enthusiasm for something like that and I doubt most of us do. Let's be realistic here, it was hard enough for Paul to get himself up to Maine for the contest that supposedly was a must win. Do you really think we will see him flying all over the country, living out of a suitcase and eating on the run for multiple months running a campaign that at best gets 10% of the vote? I doubt it.

But the Paul faction voting for a third party candidate like the LP or CP nominee or writing in Paul probably won't amount to all that much, judging from the numbers I posted.

I just want him to get ballot access, poll well enough to get in the debates and maybe make a few speeches here and there as a 3rd party candidate. I don't see a need to do a retail politics campaign for a non-winnable race. I want him to do it in the hope that it will give the country a viable growing 3rd party option.

tbone717
02-11-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm guessing you missed his presidency and the effects of it. Like I said, good speeches, like Obama.

No I lived through it. As I stated before Reagan did not govern as we all would have hoped. My intital post where I mentioned the success of Reagan was in reference to his leadership of the libertarian/conseravtive wing of the party from 1968 through his victory in 1980. That is why I said "the success of Goldwater led to the success of Reagan" Goldwater won the nomination in 1964 which opened the door for Reagan's rise to prominence. Paul's success will lead to someone else who will be the standard bearer for this wing of the party as we move forward.

tbone717
02-11-2012, 08:02 PM
I just want him to get ballot access, poll well enough to get in the debates and maybe make a few speeches here and there as a 3rd party candidate. I don't see a need to do a retail politics campaign for a non-winnable race. I want him to do it in the hope that it will give the country a viable growing 3rd party option.

Yeah I know how you feel. Honestly though the only way I see a third party emerging is if there is a large scale break from the GOP. History has shown us that one man starting a party doesn't amount to much. Remember Perot's Reform Party? I think their last Presidential Candidate got somewhere around 650 votes in 08.

sunsense
02-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Call it actually what it is 'VOTER FRAUD'.

And keep repeating it with the facts, far and wide.

wgadget
02-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Yeah I know how you feel. Honestly though the only way I see a third party emerging is if there is a large scale break from the GOP. History has shown us that one man starting a party doesn't amount to much. Remember Perot's Reform Party? I think their last Presidential Candidate got somewhere around 650 votes in 08.

I'm thinking Ron's got PLENTY of material to make one hella GOP IS CORRUPT commercial.

yeshuaisiam
02-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Well I gave up long ago on the hopes of Ron being president. Good thing his son is wonderful for next time. All we can do now is try to get liberty believing people into congress & senate & state govts. The media will blackout any liberty loving president who is not the elite's puppet. There is a conspiracy and I don't care what anybody things. The blackout proves it.

tbone717
02-11-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm thinking Ron's got PLENTY of material to make one hella GOP IS CORRUPT commercial.

Oh I agree. But does he have enough pull to get a group of Senators, Congressmen, and State Officials to jump ship with him? If so, I am on board for it.

Lethalmiko
02-11-2012, 08:14 PM
No surprises for me. Ron Paul and the campaign team insanely continue doing the same things and expecting different results (as Albert Einstein said). As usual, some will try to spin this as a win. I wonder how long before everyone comes back to earth. Time for RP to bring in professional campaign staff and change course. Time for everyone to stop making excuses for not winning.

kusok
02-11-2012, 08:21 PM
No surprises for me. Ron Paul and the campaign team insanely continue doing the same things and expecting different results (as Albert Einstein said). As usual, some will try to spin this as a win. I wonder how long before everyone comes back to earth. Time for RP to bring in professional campaign staff and change course. Time for everyone to stop making excuses for not winning.

What would professionals do differently? Give a specific example or a few please (srs)

JoshS
02-11-2012, 08:23 PM
What would professionals do differently? Give a specific example or a few please (srs)

Campaign in winnable states before a vote.

tbone717
02-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Campaign in winnable states before a vote.

THIS

See we don't disagree on everything Josh.

ironj221
02-11-2012, 08:24 PM
If Ron Paul won, we would have seen threads on here like "GOP killed Whitney Houston to divert attention" ;)

sailingaway
02-11-2012, 08:26 PM
I am disappointed in all of you pointing fingers at each other when it was something that we couldn't control.

+rep

TheBlackPeterSchiff
02-11-2012, 08:26 PM
I love some of the optimism, but my question is has there ever been a GOP nominee that hasnt won any primary states?

James Madison
02-11-2012, 08:28 PM

Be aggressive in the debates. Call out these three chickenhawks for their moral cowardice, liberal voting records, and corrupt private sector investments. Don't answer these 'gotcha' questions; change the subject and talk about what YOU want to talk about. Ginrich does this really well. I don't like the guy, but I give him props (Romney, too). Also, stop declining interviews on Fox, Rush, Hannity, et al. Ron does terrible with the over 50 establishment types and going on these programs would provide a great way to spread his message to a weak demographic.

Finally, we need much better organization on the ground. If you're going to caucus, force your apathetic family and friends to come with you. In a state with 2,000,000 residents we can't turn out 2,500 people? Give me a fucking break. That's pathetic and everyone knows it whether you're winning to admit it or not.

James Madison
02-11-2012, 08:30 PM
I love some of the optimism, but my question is has there ever been a GOP nominee that hasnt won any primary states?

Not ever. People coming in with this 'it's all about the delegates' bullshit are living in denial. Look how the GOP treats Ron. Now imagine if he was in line to receieve the nomination w/o winning a single state. Can you even fathom the shit storm that would be unleashed on us then?

TheBlackPeterSchiff
02-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Not ever. People coming in with this 'it's all about the delegates' bullshit are living in denial. Look how the GOP treats Ron. Now imagine if he was in line to receieve the nomination w/o winning a single state. Can you even fathom the shit storm that would be unleashed on us then?

Its been my feeling from the beginning. I've donated and supported as much as possible. But the American public just isnt there yet. You can go on and on about the establishment and the MSM, but the fact is a good percentage of the American People WANT TO BE RULED. There is nothing you can do about that. Not in this country. Best prepare for 2016, and try to enlighten as many people as you can along the way.

seawolf
02-11-2012, 08:35 PM
"Campaign in Winnable States before a vote"

Thank you Josh S and tbone 717. I have been saying the same thing on numerous threads for the last three days. Where was Ron Paul?

Alas we know the answer and now we know the Caucus results in Maine.

BongoBrian
02-11-2012, 08:45 PM
I have just calculated that only 0.416% of the population of Maine have voted!

OK, that is taking the entire population of 1,316,418 ...but even so, it is still less than 2% of the adult population who are old enough to vote.

Looking at it from over here in Scotland, that is quite incredible. The population of Greater Glasgow here is about 1,000,000 (less than Maine), but we get massive numbers compared to you guys. Here is a clip which shows just one of about 15 seats in Greater Glasgow... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XBp2mFngNk

How much did they spend on Advertising in Maine? If it was about $1,000,000 ,would it not just have been simpler paying 2000 people $500 each to go vote for you?

Gray Fullbuster
02-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Hahahaha!~.. Alot of good that is gonna do ya. I smack concern trolls around here all day and half the night. It's a dirty job but someone has got to do it. LE is the good cop to my bad cop. There are some promising new Jedi's around and a few newbies that are deputized, but if your FUD clownage think yer just gonna steamroll this forum with your whining and pampers tossing, spattering FUD droolings every second thread, coming into positive threads and dumping your loads of miasma into it to derail it, well, someone is gonna have to take the wind out of your sails. Get too griped out and sailingaway will send you on your way.

Word up. If ya wanna neg rep me again and have it stick, make a comment. I only get a grey bar when you just click . Now get your face out of the dirt where you planted it with your BS and either get on the train or have the door hit you in the ass on yer way out.

Sarge-At-Arms
Grassroots Whip
Firing Range Officer
Rev9

I'm not trolling, I'm not using FUD clownage, I'm not whining.

You literally just keep flaming me for no reason whatsoever. As illustrated in your posts regarding me especially this last.
Please, stop posting. For the love of god.

JWRIDDLER
02-11-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm voting Ron Paul no matter what happens. I refuse to surrender my principals and values to just "beat" Obama. Ron Paul or die!

Cabal
02-11-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm voting Ron Paul no matter what happens. I refuse to surrender my principals and values to just "beat" Obama. Ron Paul or die!

This whole "beat Obama" things is so nonsensical anyway. There's no point in beating Obama if we're just replacing him with the 'GOP' version of him.

Ray
02-11-2012, 09:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5kCdw.png

I think this is the proper disappointment icon.

JWRIDDLER
02-11-2012, 09:03 PM
This whole "beat Obama" things is so nonsensical anyway. There's no point in beating Obama if we're just replacing him with the 'GOP' version of him.

I agree completely but many of my neo-con peers and cohorts who say they "like" Ron Paul but are voting Mitt Romney because he can supposedly beat Obama don't remember that back in 07/08 that is exactly the same thing they were saying about McCain...Funny how they forget their history...doom to repeat it...

JWRIDDLER
02-11-2012, 09:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5kCdw.png

I think this is the proper disappointment icon.

+1

sirachman
02-11-2012, 09:14 PM
removed

SCOTUSman
02-11-2012, 09:14 PM
It's them granola bars;) Life is tough. I just watched Ron's speech to Maine. Great stuff. Makes me want to come back here and kick all the FUD hucksters virtual pieholes in. The GR is a growing superorganism. We got 36% in Maine. That was even with gambits being played on us. Watch Ron's speech. This man walk's with grace. He moves amongst evil men unscathed. He knows their tricks but does not let it get to him. He remains humble whilst taking down the largest criminal enterprise in the history of man by recruiting his posse, who recruit more to the cause, who do the same to add to the power of the superorganism white blood cells that can surround and kill the virus doing as little damage to the host ..the entire world.. as possible.

This is a battle fought in the minds. They have their assets..the MSM, unlimited cash, well oiled propaganda..we have our...word of mouth, boots on the ground, raw unbridled enthusiasm along with all the benefits of the interconnectivity of the internet. You have let them strike a blow on the field of the battleground..your mind. You may feel it internally but the moment that you externalize it they have completed the hit. You must practice mental hygeine against their tactics. Then you can become an attacker white cell that brokers no deals with viral memes and just envelops them and dissolves their membranes spilling their contents to become a puddle of useless toxin to be expelled with impunity.

Chin up. Eyes forward..feet planted in the moment. No FUD. It is proof their tactics are incubating.

Rev9

Well said, my friend. I'm sad, but not giving up. If Ron doesn't give up, neither should we. I'm sure he is disappointed...he looked like he had a tear in his eye. I wish he could get a W because he has worked so hard. He deserves some type of recognition from it, but he always see the positive. He keeps his spirits up, and not in a fake way. He is genuine about it. We are doing well with delegates, possibly leading Romney...depending on how the state conventions go.....probably won the popular vote in Maine, once we consider all these other caucuses (that got excluded for whatever reason and the upcoming ones).

But, we shouldn't give up. That would be giving in to what the establishment, GOP run of the mill people, the MSM, and the left wants us to do...quit fighting for liberty. That is how we got in this mess in the first place. Ron always talks about it...how by itself it doesn't seem like a huge deal that these agencies and regulations exist. However, slowly but surely they do more and more of the regulation, limiting liberty, and so on...it adds up. And the problem is, like Ron says, we let it happen, but we cannot let it happen. If we continue to let it happen.....our liberties will completely be eroded. The more we stay at ease....the more liberty will be eroded. I'm more convinced that we cannot give up after tonight. Seeing Ron, strong as ever...seeing you and other supporters strong as ever....it is convincing. Giving up does nothing. It is the easy thing, but the easy thing isn't the right thing.

pauliticalfan
02-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Ron Paul deserves a win, damnit. This is an injustice. Just one fucking win for the man.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
02-11-2012, 09:17 PM

This!

On to this...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/pikimal-images/datas/401373.best/full/1.jpg?1304718347

Revolution9
02-11-2012, 09:24 PM

He can't. He is a bot virus and cannot shift out of his instruction set.

Rev9

Revolution9
02-11-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm not trolling, I'm not using FUD clownage, I'm not whining.

You literally just keep flaming me for no reason whatsoever. As illustrated in your posts regarding me especially this last.
Please, stop posting. For the love of god.

Bet yer an emo. You are a part of a contingent who is causing issues around here stemming from attitudes that your mommy or maybe daddy should have solved prior to sending you into the big, complex and nasty world. . Until you stop I will continue to crawl on yours and their cases. There are a few hundred who will coddle you around here and give you a warm blankey to commiserate with. I certainly won't. Get it?

Rev9

Gray Fullbuster
02-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Bet yer an emo. You are a part of a contingent who is causing issues around here stemming from attitudes that your mommy or maybe daddy should have solved prior to sending you into the big, complex and nasty world. . Until you stop I will continue to crawl on yours and their cases. There are a few hundred who will coddle you around here and give you a warm blankey to commiserate with. I certainly won't. Get it?

Rev9

Stopped reading the first sentence and stop attacking me for the love of god.
Excuse me for not breeding optimism. You are literally the worst poster from the time I've lurked here, you contribute nothing and add hate to too many things under the guise of "whippin deese trolls." I'm not trolling you sorry sack of shit. Get that through your head, I'm expressing my fucking opinion. You are a blight upon this forum and can not restrain yourself from attacking someone personally on any chance you get.

Read the fucking sticky, it's there for a reason. I'd rather not come back if you treat new members this way.

EBounding
02-11-2012, 09:43 PM
I was really disappointed...but Paul certainly doesn't sound disappointed or defeated. If he wasn't so energetic in his Maine speech, I would assume this is over. He would have every right to do so too. But as long as he's going to press on and be positive, so will I.

jolynna
02-11-2012, 10:01 PM
I posted this on another thread but I am reposting it here.

Thanks to ALL who have said that as long as Paul stays with it, they will too.

I also want to ASSURE everyone that although things look bleak, YOU ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE. I can say this because I've been through it all before.

I was part of a movement during the 1960's and early 1970's that DIDN'T get a single candidate elected as president.

But, we ended a war.

My daughter and granddaughters are better off because of my making my voice heard about equal rights for equal pay. When I was in my twenties there were states where IF a woman married, SHE COULDN'T OWN PROPERTY. It became her husband's the minute she said "I do".

In my lifetime 3 young men were buried in a dam in Philadelphia, MS. I've seen pictures of the bodies that were dug up at a newspaper where I used to work. Those YOUNG MEN DIED so black people could vote.

People, the setback you've suffered today is discouraging and disappointing.

But, I can tell you that what all of YOU are facing and the fight you are fighting for yourselves, your children and your future grandchildren is EVERY BIT AS URGENT as what my generation fought for back in the 1960's and early 1970's.

Today I read that America was at the epitome of success back when I WAS protesting about conditions. Evidently when I thought things weren't GOOD enough, it was the glory days.

YOU are facing the endgame.

Are you just going to let it happen? And not stand behind the man who is spending his "golden years" working like a dog STILL fighting to make a differenc

AS I SAID...THREE YOUNG MEN IN MISSIPPI DIED...they ended up buried in mud under a dam on a farm because they wanted a better world for future generations.

They didn't win that round. But, today, life in Mississippi is a lot better for people of every color because of them. Nobody is asking anyone to die or do anything illegal or destructive. Just to make phone calls and talk to people about a message that you should be PROUD to promote.

People CAN make a difference if they DON'T GIVE UP. But, it doesn't always go smoothly.

Like Dr. Paul, I am STILL going and calling and am a delegate. I "could be" enjoying my retirement time. I will be fine no matter WHAT happens. I am working for you young people. And my children and grandchildren. And YOUR children and grandchildren.

Again, changing people's way of thinking might SEEM impossible. BUT, it can be done. I've witnessed it. I've been a part of it. And my generation was a scattered bunch with dozens of causes that wasn't especially cohesive. But, without cell phones OR the internet, we ended a war, fought for and achieved equality for women and desegregated the south.

People during my lifetime died to get MORE freedom. Yet within the four years freedoms that were taken for GRANTED when I was born HAVE BEEN given UP WITHOUT A PEEP.

I am so shocked by these developments I do not know what to say. Despite having experienced and seen a LOT over my lifetime, I am truly frightened by what might be ahead. Don't let ANYONE tell you these are NOT scary times.

Gray Fullbuster
02-11-2012, 10:02 PM

I also want to ASSURE everyone that although things look bleak, YOU ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE. I can say this because I've been through it all before.

I was part of a movement during the 1960's and early 1970's that DIDN'T get a single candidate elected as president.

But, we ended a war.

My daughter and granddaughters are better off because of my making my voice heard about equal rights for equal pay. When I was in my twenties there were states where IF a woman married, SHE COULDN'T OWN PROPERTY. It became her husband's the minute she said "I do".

In my lifetime 3 young men were buried in a dam in Philadelphia, MS. I've seen pictures of the bodies that were dug up at a newspaper where I used to work. Those YOUNG MEN DIED so black people could vote.

But, I can tell you that what all of YOU are facing and the fight you are fighting for yourselves, your children and your future grandchildren is EVERY BIT AS URGENT as what my generation fought for back in the 1960's and early 1970's.

Today I read that America was at the epitome of success back when I WAS protesting about conditions. Evidently when I thought things weren't GOOD enough, it was the glory days.

Are you just going to let it happen? And not stand behind the man who is spending his "golden years" working like a dog STILL fighting to make a differenc

AS I SAID...THREE YOUNG MEN IN MISSIPPI DIED...they ended up buried in mud under a dam on a farm because they wanted a better world for future generations.

They didn't win that round. But, today, life in Mississippi is a lot better for people of every color because of them. Nobody is asking anyone to die or do anything illegal or destructive. Just to make phone calls and talk to people about a message that you should be PROUD to promote.

People CAN make a difference if they DON'T GIVE UP. But, it doesn't always go smoothly.

Like Dr. Paul, I am STILL going and calling and am a delegate. I "could be" enjoying my retirement time. I will be fine no matter WHAT happens. I am working for you young people. And my children and grandchildren. And YOUR children and grandchildren.

Again, changing people's way of thinking might SEEM impossible. BUT, it can be done. I've witnessed it. I've been a part of it. And my generation was a scattered bunch with dozens of causes that wasn't especially cohesive. But, without cell phones OR the internet, we ended a war, fought for and achieved equality for women and desegregated the south.

+rep

Badger for Paul
02-11-2012, 10:03 PM
I was one of the people whining that RP wasn't in it to win it because he didn't go to Maine.
Then he went.
Then he almost won the popular vote.
He will surely have the most delegates from Maine.
I'm back on the donation train again to give him a chance on Super Tuesday (or in Guam). But. . .

RP, Please Please Please make more appearances. You made them in Maine and look at the result. Grassroots can't do it alone!!

pacelli
02-11-2012, 10:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxXv6bFkH64

Revolution9
02-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Stopped reading the first sentence and stop attacking me for the love of god.
Excuse me for not breeding optimism. You are literally the worst poster from the time I've lurked here, you contribute nothing and add hate to too many things under the guise of "whippin deese trolls." I'm not trolling you sorry sack of shit. Get that through your head, I'm expressing my fucking opinion. You are a blight upon this forum and can not restrain yourself from attacking someone personally on any chance you get.

Read the fucking sticky, it's there for a reason. I'd rather not come back if you treat new members this way.

Boy oh boy.. Yer just full of yerself. TYou get no special privileges here and the reason you probably are seeing me whip up on a bunch of trollers is because they have been infesting this board for the last four or five days and it has been killing others support. You waltz in and add to it and then expect special treatment when you are just as guilty as you state with your "breeding optimism" comment. Nah. You would rather breed pessimism. My job is to shut your type down so the rest of us can get on with grassroots activities without the continual squelch and FUD gambits and whining. Trust me.. If I wasn't doing this with a few others good at potshotting this board would be overrun with trolls from other campaigns and opposing media personality fanbois running riot here pretending to be RP supporters and killing the GR with every thread they post in. . It ain't hate pal. It is called smacking disrespect right in the choppers. I go after the comment and thought..not the poster, though it is often the case that the same avatars keep up the same gambits over and over.

I get the inkling you ain't gonna be much help around here with your petulant attitude. Don't spread it.

Rev9

Revolution9
02-11-2012, 10:28 PM
+rep

Good. Yer learning how to be a decent forum member and not one of those others.

Rev9

Revolution9
02-11-2012, 10:31 PM

But, we ended a war.

People during my lifetime died to get MORE freedom. Yet within the four years freedoms that were taken for GRANTED when I was born HAVE BEEN given UP WITHOUT A PEEP.

I am so shocked by these developments I do not know what to say. Despite having experienced and seen a LOT over my lifetime, I am truly frightened by what might be ahead. Don't let ANYONE tell you these are NOT scary times.

Thank you. I am 54 and I have seen what an idea can do over my lifetime too. A good idea is worth defending with your life, honor and wealth if it means the lives of many can prosper via your sacrifice.

Rev9

Gray Fullbuster
02-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Boy oh boy.. Yer just full of yerself. TYou get no special privileges here and the reason you probably are seeing me whip up on a bunch of trollers is because they have been infesting this board for the last four or five days and it has been killing others support. You waltz in and add to it and then expect special treatment when you are just as guilty as you state with your "breeding optimism" comment. Nah. You would rather breed pessimism. My job is to shut your type down so the rest of us can get on with grassroots activities without the continual squelch and FUD gambits and whining. Trust me.. If I wasn't doing this with a few others good at potshotting this board would be overrun with trolls from other campaigns and opposing media personality fanbois running riot here pretending to be RP supporters and killing the GR with every thread they post in. . It ain't hate pal. It is called smacking disrespect right in the choppers. I go after the comment and thought..not the poster, though it is often the case that the same avatars keep up the same gambits over and over.

I get the inkling you ain't gonna be much help around here with your petulant attitude. Don't spread it.

Rev9

I don't have any special privileges, never claimed I did. Just suggested you should abide by the stickies message which is to be kind to new members. Suggestion does not imply special rights or coercion. I can't coerce you to do anything actually, not in that position.

and trolls haven't been killing my support, I actually DID sign up 4-5 days ago and so far the only thing killing me and turning me off from grassroots activities is you aha.

It's now always a persons CHOICE on how they view situations, a lot of people are overcome with chemical inbalances in the brain that affect them, for ex: depression. You're just attacking me for being realistic.:rolleyes: And the fact that you demand respect from people by claiming to "smack disrespect in their choppers" implies you have special privileges.

I got the inkling you're not much of a help around her with your petulant attitude. Don't spread it. :p

Firehouse26
02-11-2012, 10:59 PM

Well RP has been at this for 30 years, and I doubt he could even get many to hear him out back then, let alone dream of making a respectable bid for the White House. So please, if you're a quitter, keep it to yourself and not the boards. Negativity is cancerous. Buck up or sign off for good.

Firehouse26
02-11-2012, 11:02 PM

Shit man who wants to pool funds, buy an island, and start our own country? I have a really nice $80 coconut splitter that I'm willing to share

Our "island" is this damn country, and by God we're going to take it back!

Unknown.User
02-11-2012, 11:05 PM

seawolf
02-11-2012, 11:08 PM
The No One But Paul Money Bomb will tell the strength of the Campaign and the RP Grassroots.

It really is up to us.....we are all disappointed and pissed off.....we can fight on or go away into the night.

If you want to fight for Liberty then YOU MUST DONATE on Tuesday. The No One But Paul total donations will tell the tail.

Ron Paul desperately needs money. The Campaign is very low on cash. $3 Million is the Goal. What say you!!

PineGroveDave
02-11-2012, 11:11 PM
The No One But Paul Money Bomb will tell the strength of the Campaign and the RP Grassroots.

It really is up to us.....we are all disappointed and pissed off.....we can fight on or go away into the night...
What say you!!
I will continue to contribute and spread the word.

jolynna
02-11-2012, 11:37 PM

Me too.

Telling me I have to accept things the way they are makes me all the more determined NOT TO.

Paul4Prez
02-12-2012, 01:11 AM
1. media hates rp
6. back to point 1.

1. The media types don't hate Ron Paul, they just underestimate him. (Okay, Fox probably does actually hate him.)
2. Every candidate has to campaign. (Except Santorum, apparently, whom large blocs of voters just decide to back on a whim.)
3. Voters aren't dumb, just apathetic.
4. There are lots of conspiracies, but the primaries could be swamped by a small percentage of the population.
5. If only all the Ron Paul supporters registered and voted in the primaries.
6. This ain't over.

Cyberbrain
02-12-2012, 01:49 AM

Same here. I really needed the boost after SC and FL

Two strong seconds in MN and ME with two different winners tells me it's GAME ON. Time to donate.

jolynna
02-12-2012, 02:40 AM
I think voters ARE uninformed. I don't think they are dumb.

Talk to people. They all think the economy is recovering. Because that is what the media has been saying. As has Obama.

People don't have a clue that the MOST dangerous threat to the U.S. is an economy that is gasping for air. Until today, we've had a bit of a stock rally. Every day there is an announcement that Greece and the Eurozone crisis are cured (for the millionth time).

Voters aren't questioning WHY interest rates can't go up until 2014 and that if we print more money this spring or early summer, that means more debt which is bad, and that IF the S & P is threatening to downgrade our rating again, ummmm....things might not be as great as the news reports and Obama say they are.

Unless you read BORING and almost impossible to understand (especially when you begin reading them) financial sites you wouldn't KNOW that the "Too Big to Fails" and Europe are powder kegs that have been lit.

The media is doing a wonderful job of keeping the public ignorant.

They are not giving them the information they need to rationally protect their their homes, families and finances. How in the world can voters rationally choose a leader when the MOST EXTENSIVE MEDIA coverage is given to who slept with whom 20 years ago? Voters give relevance to whatever the media deems important. So who slept with whom and who is called kooky and who isn't are pretty MUCH ALL voters know about any of the candidates.

My most useful "converting tool" is reprints of articles from the Telegraph or Guardian which give daily Financial Crisis updates. Back those up with articles from Reuters or The Financial Times (Zerohedge links to articles from those all the time...don't start new people straight off with zerohedge or prison planet, there is plenty from Forbes and Reuters to get people to realize the U.S. financial situation is precarious.)

I do not start conversation always with Ron Paul material. I use financial information to illustrate that things are bad...which when can later be followed up with Ron Paul's classic 2002 prediction video which beautifully illustrates than Ron Paul GOT IT. When Ben Bernanke and NONE of our financial "experts" DID.

It is easy to interject financial articles into conversations because people LOVE to hear about how bad things are as long as you are not attacking their candidate. They won't doubt that Obama is hiding stuff from them. But, by establishing that OUR media...even Fox lies and doesn't tell them everything, you plant seeds of doubt. Seeing Ron Paul "get it" on video brings even the most grudging to admiring Ron Paul for being a visionary who wasn't afraid to say what he saw coming. Tying Romney in with the banks should only come AFTER you've illustrated that the banks are crooked, bankrupt and will be in need of bailouts...AGAIN. (Clearly showing WHY they will soon be in need of somebody from their banker camp.)

Anyway, I think the most frustrating thing about introducing Ron Paul and turning people on to him is that people start out not having a clue about what is going on in the world. You've got to get past that, before they want to read more and learn about WHY what Obama and the other candidates suggest doing will NOT resolve our country's problems.

People, especially older ones that grew up believing that the "news" is like family you see every day, tend to put more stock in those traditionally trusted sources instead of somebody with a pamphlet. They've to to have a reason to research further. There is lots available online from the Telegraph or Guardian to make them have questions and want to know more.

harikaried
02-12-2012, 02:44 AM
Now imagine if he was in line to receieve the nomination w/o winning a single state. Can you even fathom the shit storm that would be unleashed on us then?There's been a lot of articles in the last couple days about Jeb Bush getting the nomination if there's a brokered convention. The pundits seem quite happy talking about that. See any states Jeb Bush can win?

row333au
02-12-2012, 03:28 AM
It's now up to the people and don't believe those who kept saying you shouldn't protest or rally about 'VOTING FRAUDS', including case action against the GOP and the to attorney general for not doing their jobs, and in boycott the media and their advertisements and send the advertising product millions of repeated emails to boycott (it worked with media blackout threat to boycott).....their reason is: as it will jeopardize Ron Paul's chances of winning (its already past worst than that)....since at this juncture the way the whole situation is that they are getting away with it (as they are already counting of all of you people to just cower down to their manipulation and telling all of you "you are powerless to our GOP", and in the end they just cast aside the American people's power over their crony corrupt government that sees all of the public as big 'NOTHING' of numbers statistics and cattle (purpose and throwaway) who will keep electing them stupidly. Remember the political party is not the people or the government, BUT YOU ARE, AS ALL OF US ARE, THE GOVERNMENT...

Lethalmiko
02-12-2012, 03:32 AM
You can read my previous posts where I give plenty of examples. A good chunk is in this discussion here (starting at post #111 and #113):
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?359875-If-we-re-supposed-to-quot-trust-quot-Ron-Paul-and-The-Campaign.../page3

Not ever. People coming in with this 'it's all about the delegates' bullshit are living in denial.
Very true.

Stopped reading the first sentence and stop attacking me for the love of god. Excuse me for not breeding optimism. You are literally the worst poster from the time I've lurked here, you contribute nothing and add hate to too many things under the guise of "whippin deese trolls." I'm not trolling you sorry sack of shit. Get that through your head, I'm expressing my fucking opinion. You are a blight upon this forum and can not restrain yourself from attacking someone personally on any chance you get. Read the fucking sticky, it's there for a reason. I'd rather not come back if you treat new members this way.
You are wasting your time and effort dealing with that person. Just ignore them. They apparently have an axe to grind with anyone who criticizes Ron Paul or the campaign, especially when you destroy their fallacious arguments. What is surprising is that they have not been banned permanently, considering how much they flout the forum rules forbidding personal attacks.

Sorry but this is just not true. The Paul campaign is largely responsible for the election losses. I have no time to go into all the details but you can read my previous posts in The Vent if you are interested in knowing why (you can start with the discussion I have linked to above).

blazeKing
02-12-2012, 04:52 AM
If it's not all about the delegates and it's about winning one or two states for perception, then we're fucked anyways.

If the delegate strategy is "unethical", how would it not be unethical then in your mind if we only won a state with a few thousand people voting?

Ya the campaign should have been different. They should have tried to connect emotionally with people, made them feel safer about Paul. Answered questions differently about foreign policy, went on the attack after Romney...maybe they could have done some voodoo so that right wing neocon radio would give him some respect and the establishment would stop election tampering.

You may as well just ask the campaign to replace Paul because some of the suggestions I hear are to basically change who he is and how he talks...I never expected that from him.

Ya, lets make the conversation about Obama that'll help get people to our side..but the point of Ron's run is not about Obama, it's about Republicans being LIKE OBAMA with massive deficits and big government and saying they are different when they AREN'T. He's running against Republicans and Obama. And educating Republican voters about how they are being misled. Is that the best strategy, to run against the party itself? Will that get you major amounts of voters and establishment respect? Hell no. But it's something that had to be done.

We can try hindsight all day but the truth is, there would be gripers no matter what he or the campaign did. If they changed their style or their talking points or how they addressed voters, to a tone more like the other three in the race in order to get voters, they would be accused of selling out. Personally, I only wanted Ron Paul in to advance the message of liberty. When I saw him leading in Iowa at one point, sure I donated more, maybe we could pull this out. But it didn't happen. So as someone who has donated a lot of money, I'm not devastated or angry. The results we have now compared to 2008 speak for themselves. We have a lot of people coming in and the GOP is taking notice. I don't think they'll change though and i'll surely work to help make sure establishment Republicans are defeated until they change.

40oz
02-12-2012, 05:40 AM
some of you guys are soft as cupcakes. thanks to those with the inspiring posts that were made in this thread, especially the hippy.
stand your ground freedom lovers. nobp is a lifestyle. we have to keep waking 'em up. the low turnouts mean WE are LETTING them sleep like babies.

Mordan
02-12-2012, 06:01 AM
i'm disappointed

but after a night's rest, i think it does not matter.

A win in Maine wouldn't have changed the fact people, even young RP supporters are too lazy to go vote. The eternal "Why would my vote make a difference anyways"? This is the kind of mentality. People just don't really care about public affairs.

At least the Evangelicals moved their asses off and voted for Santorum. Religious people have that advantage when fighting for one of them.

Also, I 'm 100% sure that when RP supporters will be the establishment in 30 years, they will use their power to prevent change against their interests. We whine about the corrupt GOP. But we will probably do dirty tricks if say a new 2040 wave a neo-con tries to take the GOP back.

so stop whining and get elected like the new IOWA gop chairman.

Trigonx
02-12-2012, 07:08 AM
i'm disappointed

but after a night's rest, i think it does not matter.

A win in Maine wouldn't have changed the fact people, even young RP supporters are too lazy to go vote. The eternal "Why would my vote make a difference anyways"? This is the kind of mentality. People just don't really care about public affairs.

At least the Evangelicals moved their asses off and voted for Santorum. Religious people have that advantage when fighting for one of them.

Also, I 'm 100% sure that when RP supporters will be the establishment in 30 years, they will use their power to prevent change against their interests. We whine about the corrupt GOP. But we will probably do dirty tricks if say a new 2040 wave a neo-con tries to take the GOP back.

so stop whining and get elected like the new IOWA gop chairman.

I agree with this except we needed to hijack the party 4 years ago, we did not. We need to make sure we infiltrate for the next election in 4 years, 30 years at the rate we are going is gonna be too late. The American people by then will have no idea what freedom is then with all the government that is being forced down their throats in every aspect of life.

tbone717
02-12-2012, 07:18 AM
I agree with this except we needed to hijack the party 4 years ago, we did not. We need to make sure we infiltrate for the next election in 4 years, 30 years at the rate we are going is gonna be too late. The American people by then will have no idea what freedom is then with all the government that is being forced down their throats in every aspect of life.

I don't believe that we are as far away from it as you might suggest. When you talk to average GOP voters about issues, we generally have them on our side. Limited government, lower taxes, state's rights, pro-life issues - we have them on these issues. Even FP if it is explained correctly to them. One of the main problems this election has been connecting our candidate to those issues which has been where the campaign and grassroots have failed.

If Paul does not get the nomination then the job of the libertarian/conservative wing of the GOP over the next four years will be three-fold. We need to keep our issues out there by being critical of the administration when it pushes an agenda that is contrary to those principles. Secondly, we need to find candidates that we can run for House and Senate seats that are supportive of the large majority of our positions. Lastly, we need to find candidates that can communicate our message succinctly to the voters that we can run for the nomination in 2016. Right now Rand is the odds on favorite at this moment in time, but I am sure as the years go on, others will emerge.

speciallyblend
02-12-2012, 07:20 AM
no matter what happens to ron paul,as a republican i will vote against the status quo gop!

tbone717
02-12-2012, 07:23 AM
no matter what happens to ron paul,as a republican i will vote against the status quo gop!

Same with me. There is no one remaining that is worthy of our support, and I am not an "all or nothing" type guy. I could support a GOP candidate who would be supportive of 80% of our agenda, but none is there this time out.

Johnny Appleseed
02-12-2012, 07:27 AM
America needs a default tab so we can restore it to its original settings

Lethalmiko
02-12-2012, 11:34 AM
If the delegate strategy is "unethical", how would it not be unethical then in your mind if we only won a state with a few thousand people voting?
It does not make sense to campaign and spend millions convincing people to turn out and vote, only to negate their choices due to some clever "election engineering". How would you feel if it was the other way round and Paul was winning and then Romney injected his delegates into the process to overturn Paul's win, rendering your vote redundant? Wouldn't you and a few thousand people on this forum be the first ones to cry "Conspiracy!", even if Romney said "It is in the rules"?

NOTE: I personally do not really believe in democracy. I believe in individual rights that are best expressed in a Republic that has a limited government constitution. Democracy is redundant under such a system because it would not matter who is in office.

If it's not all about the delegates and it's about winning one or two states for perception, then we're fucked anyways.
It is about winning the popular vote, state by state, which gives you momentum to win more future contests and gives you the delegates without resorting to unethical strategies.

Ya the campaign should have been different. They should have tried to connect emotionally with people, made them feel safer about Paul. Answered questions differently about foreign policy, went on the attack after Romney...maybe they could have done some voodoo so that right wing neocon radio would give him some respect and the establishment would stop election tampering.
So far so good.

You may as well just ask the campaign to replace Paul because some of the suggestions I hear are to basically change who he is and how he talks...I never expected that from him.
What you are saying here is that Ron Paul is an old dog that cannot learn new tricks (Didn't I see him with an iPad recently?). This election cycle has proved beyond doubt that you cannot win an election without being good at commmunication, especially in debates and interviews. If Paul refuses or is unable to do what it takes to win, he should not have wasted our time and money running. It is as ridiculous as someone running for president who refuses to participate in debates because it would mean that he has to "basically change who he is and how he talks".

He's running against Republicans and Obama. And educating Republican voters about how they are being misled. Is that the best strategy, to run against the party itself? Will that get you major amounts of voters and establishment respect? Hell no. But it's something that had to be done.
For as long as you communicate your message well and convince voters you are electable, what does it matter who you are running against or who needs education?

We can try hindsight all day but the truth is, there would be gripers no matter what he or the campaign did. If they changed their style or their talking points or how they addressed voters, to a tone more like the other three in the race in order to get voters, they would be accused of selling out.
If he were winning, I doubt there would be too much criticism. I only advocate a change in style not substance. Tailoring your message to specific audiences (emphasizing different things for each voting block) is not selling out. For example, if Paul is in a neocon leaning state, he can emphasize the fact that he would fight and finish within weeks any constitutionally declared war. There is no need to spend too much time trying to convince them that Iran is not a threat, although he can mention it in passing. He does the opposite and the results so far speak for themselves. Another example is he does not need to give off-the-cuff answers which tend to confuse voters. His campaign can prepare the most solid answers to the most frequently asked questions which he can memorize. For this, he does not even need to change his personality.

Personally, I only wanted Ron Paul in to advance the message of liberty. When I saw him leading in Iowa at one point, sure I donated more, maybe we could pull this out. But it didn't happen. So as someone who has donated a lot of money, I'm not devastated or angry. The results we have now compared to 2008 speak for themselves. We have a lot of people coming in and the GOP is taking notice. I don't think they'll change though and i'll surely work to help make sure establishment Republicans are defeated until they change.
Here we differ. The liberty message is great, but compared to winning the election and making real decisions that affect the entire world? No contest. I don't even care about the improvement in the results. For you it is a way to soothe your emotions to get over the disappointment but I am only interested in winning because there is infact no greater platform to preach than the presidency. Presidential statements and actions generate probably not less than half of all the news. Liberty evangelism doesn't do Jack.

i'm disappointed but after a night's rest, i think it does not matter. A win in Maine wouldn't have changed the fact people, even young RP supporters are too lazy to go vote. The eternal "Why would my vote make a difference anyways"? This is the kind of mentality. People just don't really care about public affairs.
Do I detect sour grapes here? Sorry but I don't buy these excuses, especially the "Americans are not ready for freedom" excuse which I would vote the worst of the lot.

I don't believe that we are as far away from it as you might suggest. When you talk to average GOP voters about issues, we generally have them on our side. Limited government, lower taxes, state's rights, pro-life issues - we have them on these issues. Even FP if it is explained correctly to them. One of the main problems this election has been connecting our candidate to those issues which has been where the campaign and grassroots have failed.
Now there is a sound analysis.

Adam West
02-12-2012, 11:59 AM

You reck'on America has 4 more years to go? Technically the U.S. will still be there, but I am sorry to say that after this up-coming Presidential election is over and the Corporations have their man in power, it's gonna be "All over Red Rover." Go and purchase some gold or silver.

Feelgood
02-12-2012, 12:43 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VvsuAQzweyQ/Rt4EAIWpxdI/AAAAAAAAAGs/0H_rXfuqrS0/s1600/disappointed+face.jpg

seawolf
02-12-2012, 01:21 PM
I was disappointed, especially in Ron going to Maine until late Friday losing three critical days of face to face campaigning that probably would have made a huge difference.

I am happy though that John Tate finally got some $#@%$ and declared in his e-mail last night that the Maine GOP Bosses rigged the Maine Caucus by not holding the Washington Co. Caucus's among others.

At least for the first time in my five years of being a member of the Liberty Movement, the Official Campaign is fighting back in public and in writing. That is HISTORIC

Now if we can just get Ron away from Clute, Texas more often and out Campaigning for delegates everything will be improved.

jasonxe
02-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Problem with this loss is that it reinforces the three way race scenario and Paul being a non-factor. Nobody is taking us seriously anymore. Even when we excepted to win Maine, there was people saying "Romney would be a laughing stock if he cannot even beat Paul". I don't know how will convince people to vote for Paul & that he can beat Obama if he can't win a state straw poll. If Paul doesn't do something about Maine, then he must have a superb performance in the debate to carry him.

If he is serious about this then he should start campaigning in Washington & Alaska. Maybe get Sarah Palin to show up in Alaska.

pacelli
02-12-2012, 01:35 PM
You reck'on America has 4 more years to go? Technically the U.S. will still be there, but I am sorry to say that after this up-coming Presidential election is over and the Corporations have their man in power, it's gonna be "All over Red Rover." Go and purchase some gold or silver.

Many of us around in 07-08 honestly believed that the US did not have another 4 years to wait for 2012. And here we are. Lets not become overly fatalistic here.

Adam West
02-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Many of us around in 07-08 honestly believed that the US did not have another 4 years to wait for 2012. And here we are. Lets not become overly fatalistic here.

When I was awakened by Dr, Paul in 2007, I pulled all assets out of my Superannuation and the stock market, invested heavily in gold and silver. I didn't lose my ass, and have out-performed. This horse does not wear blinkers. Continue walking down the garden path, if you like...

FSP-Rebel
02-12-2012, 03:19 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2mqtcmr.jpg

smhbbag
02-12-2012, 04:41 PM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/026/d/8/Son__I_am_Disappoint_by_SonIAmDisappointPLZ.jpg

row333au
02-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Seriously....its now time to call in the GOP and establishment's bluff of their 'Voting Fraud', since there are far much concrete evidence now....

If you leave it in the hands of the controlled opposition (doing the fake soap opera of dog and pony show that goes round and round which says they are winning but loses in the end; pretending that they are doing it on your behalf so don't do anything - while controlling to eliminate and discourage more successful and effective solutions).

This is a war against the American people of the USA... the battles are not won by chances alone, you win it because 'YOU DO IT'.... not half ass, not halfheartedly and not doubtful.... you do it with full passion to inflict as much damage as you can against the enemies and overcome all challenges no matter how hard it gets and never take no to challenges that could defeat you or to surrendering or cowering against the enemies. Because the defeat is far worst... 'ITS YOUR LIFE, IT'S YOUR FAMILIES LIVES, ITS YOUR LOVE ONES LIVES, IT'S YOUR FRIENDS LIVES, ITS YOUR COMMUNITY'S LIVES'...THAT LOSES...

The enemies are out in the OPEN and IDENTIFIED... they are the 'establishments', 'the crony capitalist corporatist', 'the trans-globalist oligarchy monopolist', 'the tyrannical dictators making themselves supreme authority of making USA a police state existence' and 'the whole lot of them wannabe ruling class over the population of making us all peasants under their ownership and NEVER TO FEEL AT ALL FREE without their approval or consent'.

Look at SOPA defeat; the rally, protest and petitions against mainstream media blackout of Ron Paul (Ron Paul's supporters did something but now everyone left it again to controlled opposition - it could be said true to Obamacare dictator's scheme), the Tea Party 2010 revenge against Democrats (the Teas Party as a whole is now truly compromise by the neocons and professional lobbyist career leaders (with the exemption of breakaway faction like 'The Tea Party' dedicated to Ron Paul)... this is why establishments are center and dictating as the lobby organization... its not anymore grassroots movement....because again was left to controlled opposition)...

If its any lesson learned... You as a people have put together all your individual efforts to become a movement to put Ron Paul where he is, its still up to you to make him president in which all our lives will depend on.... So do it yourselves and don't let controlled opposition do it for you...

pacelli
02-12-2012, 05:15 PM
When I was awakened by Dr, Paul in 2007, I pulled all assets out of my Superannuation and the stock market, invested heavily in gold and silver. I didn't lose my ass, and have out-performed. This horse does not wear blinkers. Continue walking down the garden path, if you like...

I made similar movements. We're on the same team. Lock & Load, Adam.

Gravik
02-12-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm dissapointed that Ron didn't win Maine. he should have, but those god damn Romney voters just love big government too much.

wgadget
02-12-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm dissapointed that Ron didn't win Maine. he should have, but those god damn Romney voters just love big government too much.

I'm thinking Corruption won out.