PDA

View Full Version : Updated National Comparison Sheet!

Syntax
02-11-2012, 05:13 PM
I made an updated version of the Comparison Fact Sheet that includes Santorum because of his recent rise in the polls. I think this is a really effective tool for contrasting the candidates for undecided and leaning voters.

I added Santorum's positions, and updated the other candidates positions with important points. I know there's a lot of information, and I'm a little worried that some voters might not read it all, but I felt that all the points I included were very important in describing the candidate's records and flip flops.

I'll try to make adjustments based on feedback, so tell me what you think!

National: http://www.scribd.com/doc/81315475/National-Comparison-Sheet

Maryland version: http://www.scribd.com/doc/81524103/Maryland-Comparison-Sheet

Syntax
02-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Bump

anewvoice
02-11-2012, 10:08 PM
I like this, +rep

emazur
02-11-2012, 10:11 PM
good job

carmaphob
02-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Nice!

Miss Annie
02-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Awesome!! I posted it! Thank you! :)

Nate-ForLiberty
02-11-2012, 10:16 PM
awesome!

Syntax
02-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the positive responses. I'm not sure what +rep is, but it sounds good. :)

I'm gonna try to keep this bumped to the front page for a while so more people have a chance to see this.

Narmical
02-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Who is your target audience? I'm not sure most people care about gun rights or the Fed. Did you conciser a section about jobs, that seems like a hot issue.

FrancisMarion
02-12-2012, 10:05 AM
great work.

right to bear arms? people care.

JimInNY
02-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Very nice! Thank you!

This is something I will print and use as a handout for sure.

+1 rep (if you click on the little star at the bottom of a post, you can give someone a reputation point, which I believe helps add little green rectangles under your member name)

sailingaway
02-12-2012, 01:13 PM
given how much Santorum has put into pretending he is a health care advocate for free markets, I would ad an 'individual health care mandate' part saying all three supported an individual health insurance mandate (Santorum did in 1994)

This is terrific, though!

CJLauderdale4
02-12-2012, 01:20 PM
bumpity

Miss Annie
02-12-2012, 01:21 PM
I have had some very positive responses to this! For some this seems to have clarified Dr Paul's position on Social Security which I really don't think has been given enough attention in the debates or elsewhere!

Make this go viral! :)

Freedom of Speech
02-12-2012, 01:25 PM
I made an updated version of the Comparison Fact Sheet that includes Santorum because of his recent rise in the polls. I think this is a really effective tool for contrasting the candidates for undecided and leaning voters.

I added Santorum's positions, and updated the other candidates positions with important points. I know there's a lot of information, and I'm a little worried that some voters might not read it all, but I felt that all the points I included were very important in describing the candidate's records and flip flops.

I'll try to make adjustments based on feedback, so tell me what you think!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/81315475/National-Comparison-Sheet

Nice job! +rep

rpwi
02-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Nicely done :)

Informative, efficient and professional looking...would make a good mailing or handout piece.

Are you taking suggestions? Know room is tight...but you might add under bailouts that Santorum voted for a billion dollar steel bailout in '99...50 million of which was set aside for Bain Capital's GS Industries. The irony :D

Everybody talks about Santorum bailing out the airline industry in 2001 but forgets about his steel bailout in 1999.

Syntax
02-12-2012, 01:42 PM
given how much Santorum has put into pretending he is a health care advocate for free markets, I would ad an 'individual health care mandate' part saying all three supported an individual health insurance mandate (Santorum did in 1994)

This is terrific, though!

Good point, I will add that to the additional notes part. It would be nice to give it its own section, but I'm a bit short on space.

Nicely done :)
Are you taking suggestions? Know room is tight...but you might add under bailouts that Santorum voted for a billion dollar steel bailout in '99...50 million of which was set aside for Bain Capital's GS Industries. The irony :D

Everybody talks about Santorum bailing out the airline industry in 2001 but forgets about his steel bailout in 1999.

I didn't know that, jeez this guy is such a hypocrite. I'll be sure to add it. :D

TIMB0B
02-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Let me just say that this is fantastic, but I'd comb it for spelling errors. There could be more, but one that stuck out was "unprecidented" under Santorum's Personal Liberty section. Should be "unprecedented" with an "e" not an "i".

Syntax
02-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Upon further research, I'm debating whether it would be fair to say Santorum supported an individual mandate. I found this article http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/27/santorum-actually-opposed-individual-mandate-in-1994-race-for-u-s-senate/, which says that the article claiming he supported an individual mandate isn't based on a quote, and contradicts what he said in that video.

Forbes says its based on his support of Phil Gramm's Comprehensive Family Health Access and Savings Act. This act apparently has something Forbes called a "soft individual mandate." Individuals who didn't buy insurance, but with income above 200% of the federal poverty level, wouldn't be allowed to buy insurance from the subsidized high-risk pool, or file for bankruptcy, if they got sick.

So should I say he supported a "soft individual mandate"?

Syntax
02-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Let me just say that this is fantastic, but I'd comb it for spelling errors. There could be more, but one that stuck out was "unprecidented" under Santorum's Personal Liberty section. Should be "unprecedented" with an "e" not an "i".

Gonna upload an updated version soon to fix those errors.

nano1895
02-12-2012, 03:38 PM
nice!

Syntax
02-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Anyone have an opinion on whether I should say that Santorum supported an individual mandate? Seems kind of debatable whether that's true.

Syntax
02-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Bump for great justice.

Syntax
02-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Made a couple revisions and added a version that includes Maryland's primary date at request.